Youll only get popup errors if u are not running -nologs...

I can confirm this as well.

Damn, even our server dont run after this patch with asr_ai. 'Script \userconfig\asr_ai3\asr_ai3_settings.sqf not found'

• Like 1

Youll only get popup errors if u are not running -nologs...

Bad assumption on your part, I am not running -noLogs, anywhere, at all. ;)

Everyone, just add "-filePatching" to your server startup command line to make userconfig work as @mal7house said.

• Like 1

Could we get an update so it works with the latest release? I love this mod

We just ran a co-op mission with some twenty guys and behavior didn't seem to have changed much after updating. What's not working?

We just ran a co-op mission with some twenty guys and behavior didn't seem to have changed much after updating. What's not working?

So this is ok? Because this update seems to have broken everything! Dynasound,ACE,all unit addons...this is a massacre.I am not going back to vanilla units!I cant! They are hideous!

So this is ok? Because this update seems to have broken everything! Dynasound,ACE,all unit addons...this is a massacre.I am not going back to vanilla units!I cant! They are hideous!

ACE3 just released update with massive changelog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ACE3 just released update with massive changelog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downloading already :) Thanks mate

Perhaps I don't understand where I'm supposed to place -filePatching? That's in the startup parameters through the game launch options in Steam, correct. Where I place -nosplash, etc?

I'm still getting a userconfig error.

I had a player that said he can't connect to the server when he used -filePatching. If that player is gonna play Zeus, his settings will not be in effect, right? What can be done?

I had a player that said he can't connect to the server when he used -filePatching. If that player is gonna play Zeus, his settings will not be in effect, right? What can be done?

Does the server allow filepatching for clients?

In multiplayer, settings from the server get applied to everyone, userconfig is ignored on clients so there is no reason to use filepatching on the clients. Even if he's Zeus and running the mod, he's still going to receive and use the settings from the server.

Added filePatching info to Q&A section in first post.

• Like 1

Actually play with vanilla units is the bad BIS once again managed to spoil our game.

So ASR_AI seems to be ok once you enable nofilepatching,but does anyone know if the file that removes fatigue for your ai squad is working?

i use a fatigue removing mod and it seems to only work sometimes now

Im getting the Script \userconfig\asr_ai3\asr_ai3_settings.sqf not found error. And then the server dumps everyone back to the lobby. I will try the -filepatching flag. What does this do btw?> 

-filepatching fixes the error. It allows the server to load certain files other than .pbos, which is a (small) security risk. Hence I'd like to see an ASR_AI hotfix soon. -nologs is not an option for me because we play with many mods including self-made ones, so we need the .rpt errors.

-filepatching fixes the error. It allows the server to load certain files other than .pbos, which is a (small) security risk. Hence I'd like to see an ASR_AI hotfix soon. -nologs is not an option for me because we play with many mods including self-made ones, so we need the .rpt errors.

How would you see this fixed and why do you think there's a security risk ?

Well, BI disabled filepatching by default in v1.50 because of possible "exploits". See "Operations" in the according SITREP. And imho a mod should not force server admins to change that default setting for no (very) good reason.

Unfortunately I'm not really familiar with modding so I'm not sure how exactly to fix the issue though. However the error just appeared after the latest Arma Update, so they must have changed something. Other mods like cTab and TFAR seem to use .hpp files instead of .sqf to store their settings, and they run fine. Or maybe there is a way to check whether the " \userconfig\asr_ai3\asr_ai3_settings.sqf" is accessible without causing an error?

Well, BI disabled filepatching by default in v1.50 because of possible "exploits". See "Operations" in the according SITREP. And imho a mod should not force server admins to change that default setting for no (very) good reason.

Unfortunately I'm not really familiar with modding so I'm not sure how exactly to fix the issue though. However the error just appeared after the latest Arma Update, so they must have changed something. Other mods like cTab and TFAR seem to use .hpp files instead of .sqf to store their settings, and they run fine. Or maybe there is a way to check whether the " \userconfig\asr_ai3\asr_ai3_settings.sqf" is accessible without causing an error?

Yep, it's quite clear from that SITREP what they changed. If you read a few posts back I actually recommended disabling filepatching on clients via server config. Allowing inclusion of hpp files would pose higher security risks.

If anyone has a better way of providing easy config customization with settings enforced by server, without using sqf and (IMO, legitimate use of) filepatching, let me know.

If anyone has a better way of providing easy config customization with settings enforced by server, without using sqf and (IMO, legitimate use of) filepatching, let me know.

I would only support mission settings (either init.sqf or description.ext) and maybe add a module, but that's probably just me.

Either way, what would be nice is to add compatibility of ASR AI 3 without userconfig present, currently if you don't have it present it will error, would be nice if it would just assume defaults.

• Like 2

I would only support mission settings (either init.sqf or description.ext) and maybe add a module, but that's probably just me.

Either way, what would be nice is to add compatibility of ASR AI 3 without userconfig present, currently if you don't have it present it will error, would be nice if it would just assume defaults.

I could add a check to see if filepatching is enabled and only then to load the userconfig but then I guess a lot of users will come and say their customization has no effect :D

I don't know of any scripting command to check if a file exists.

Ok so ASR is now broken and awaiting a fix? Or does it all run fine with -filepatching?

With -filepatching activated at the dedicated server ASR seems to run fine for my community.