Hey guys,

I have a question. This weekend we started using ASR again. We play with some mods can anybody confirm me that they are not conflicting? I'm speaking of:

- ACE

- Alive

- MCC

- RHS

Speaking of RHS. Do I have to set the units used up in the server side userconfig file? Or will default be used when the units are not listed in that file?

Many Greetings
Moony

• Like 1

@[FOXHOUND] Azza

I've seen them do it when they're suppressed, but yeah, not that much as I'd like them to. I'll see about adding that back in.

Is someone else having problems with disabling the AI auto stance -feature? Editing the sqf does nothing for me - the AI will still copy my stance.

I have no other mods installed except CBA (which probably is kind of obvious because it's required to run the mod).

Is someone else having problems with disabling the AI auto stance -feature? Editing the sqf does nothing for me - the AI will still copy my stance.

I have no other mods installed except CBA (which probably is kind of obvious because it's required to run the mod).

For the userconfig settings to be taken you need to run the game with -enableFilePatching parameter.

For the userconfig settings to be taken you need to run the game with -enableFilePatching parameter.

Might be a good idea to add that to the first post (FAQ).

Much obliged!

Although it seems that just -FilePatching is enough. I'm not sure would -enableFilePatching even work.

A quickie question since quickly glancing through the discussion with search function didn't bring up any satisfactory answers.

Is ASR_AI 3 explicitly needed to be installed for the clients that are connecting to a dedicated server already with ASR_AI 3 installed?
Isn't the server supposed to handle the ASR dictated AI behavior, is there some particular reason why the clients would need ASR_AI also?
Anyone done any tests perhaps to prove otherwise?

Greetings:

Amon

Edit: answered by

AI behavior is run by their group leader. If the leader is also an AI then the server runs it.
Thus if you're only doing players VS AI then only the server needs it.

in Pooter's enhanced ASR AI

I wonder though, does that mean we practically can't use userconfig on clients anymore if it requires file patching? (Literally impossible to use file patching if you don't want to keep messing with development stuff.)

What about making it a mission module rather?

I'd love to have that as a module. Way easier and more handy! ^^

You can set the variables from the userconfig in your init.sqf to force certain ASR AI settings in your mission ;)

-enableFilePatching is the updated version

where is the proof that it has changed i cant find anything about it? also is that stable or dev?

cheers

where is the proof that it has changed i cant find anything about it? also is that stable or dev?

cheers

It's also on stable, some mods need to enable it or you will not be able to execute external script while ingame (like LEA).

sorry i wasnt clear, where is the documentation that the command has changed to -enablefilepatching and is no longer -filepatching.

sorry i wasnt clear, where is the documentation that the command has changed to -enablefilepatching and is no longer -filepatching.

It was stated in one recent DEV-REP, when they reversed the file patching policy to be off by default.

Robalo, I can't find this parameter on the Arma 3 Startup Parameters Wiki page. Maybe you mean -filePatching?

Exactly! Sorry for the confusion created :)

I wonder though, does that mean we practically can't use userconfig on clients anymore if it requires file patching? (Literally impossible to use file patching if you don't want to keep messing with development stuff.)

What about making it a mission module rather?

If by clients you mean player PC's connecting to a server in multiplayer then yes, now server controls whether filepatching is allowed, which in this case translates to allowing clients to load userconfig settings.

But guess what, that wasn't allowed for this mod anyway. Only the server loads the userconfig and pushes all the (same) settings to the clients. So this is just another extra layer of added security.

Simply run the server with -filePatching startup parameter and with allowedFilePatching = 0; in config for best security,

• Like 1

If by clients you mean player PC's connecting to a server in multiplayer then yes, now server controls whether filepatching is allowed, which in this case translates to allowing clients to load userconfig settings.

But guess what, that wasn't allowed for this mod anyway. Only the server loads the userconfig and pushes all the (same) settings to the clients. So this is just another extra layer of added security.

Simply run the server with -filePatching startup parameter and with allowedFilePatching = 0; in config for best security,

Ah, totally forgot about that, very nice! On the other hand, is userconfig file required on the server or can it simply be removed and defaults will still be taken over while any modifications can be done in the mission?

Hey guys,

I have a question. This weekend we started using ASR again. We play with some mods can anybody confirm me that they are not conflicting? I'm speaking of:

- ACE

- Alive

- MCC

- RHS

Speaking of RHS. Do I have to set the units used up in the server side userconfig file? Or will default be used when the units are not listed in that file?

Many Greetings

Moony

I use ASR with all of those mods at once except for ALIVE. It owrks great with all of them-some people remove the ace_ai .pbo from ACE but there is no need to.I dont use Alive so cant help you there.

@robalo - is it possible to make the AI throw more smoke. I remember that was one of the main attractions of ASR a few versions back, but it seems you have removed that feature?

is it because the vanialla AI are supposed to have that feature now? one thing is for sure, i havent seen an AI throw a smoke grenade in the last ~4 months, and they all have smoke grenades in their kit.

Even if you could advise me on some code which we could use via a custom addon or script that would be awesome.

edit - ive found fnc_throwsmoke in 0.9.24, can you advise on how we can integrate that function into the current ASR or is that not possible?

cheers

Yeah they seem to have to be really suppressed to throw smoke.For example-if you open up on ai with a Littlebirds cannons then they will throw smoke :)

The question was just, do I need to edit the userconfig file for the use of the RHS units?

From what I heard there are no problems with ACE and ALiVE in conjunction with ASR. Correct me if I'm wrong! ^^

I just updated to 1.54 and am receiving a 'Script \userconfig\asr_ai3\asr_ai3_settings.sqf not found' error on launch.  I'm using no other mods except for CBA.

• Like 1

I just updated to 1.54 and am receiving a 'Script \userconfig\asr_ai3\asr_ai3_settings.sqf not found' error on launch.  I'm using no other mods except for CBA.

Launch the game with -filePatching

I just ran on 1.54 without userconfig files at all and got no error, they are not required it seems.