Hello. I enjoy this mod. I've noticed that you have ASDG JR on the steam workshop, and was just curious if you had plans to do the same for this mod. After seeing a growing number of the mods I use coming available on the workshop, I've decided to start moving to it for whichever mods are available. I would be appreciative if this became available on the workshop as well.

Thanks for considering it.

I'll see what I can do. Publisher's interface is so counter-intuitive when it comes to what folders you're supposed to upload and last time I updated JR ended up corrupting it :\

• Like 1

Ok Robalo, I've gone ahead and make the pull request to get my features integrated. Go ahead on take a look and make any comments in the pull request itself

Thanks, I saw the PR come by email but there are so many changes, I just need to find a bit of time to look at everything. For me to merge any PR's they'll have to come in smaller batches, addressing one issue at a time.

Thanks, I saw the PR come by email but there are so many changes, I just need to find a bit of time to look at everything. For me to merge any PR's they'll have to come in smaller batches, addressing one issue at a time.

Sadly it all goes together, doesn't really work in pieces. I will add a link to my documentation which should make it more understandable.

Hi Folks,

Can someone else test this mod with the latest RHS packages - what I've found is when ASR is enabled - the US Army Grenadiers when placed down in a squad group run around weaponless - - - when I disable ASR the weapons return... I've tried this on two different machines with the same result... I have both the RHS and CAF addon config files for ASR loaded...

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

Hi Folks,

Can someone else test this mod with the latest RHS packages - what I've found is when ASR is enabled - the US Army Grenadiers when placed down in a squad group run around weaponless - - - when I disable ASR the weapons return... I've tried this on two different machines with the same result... I have both the RHS and CAF addon config files for ASR loaded...

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

I can honestly say NO i have never seen this and i also have ASRAI3 on my dedi, with rhsEsc..  No issues like that whatsoever, on my client or dedicated

I have seen this, for the life of me could not work out why it was so.  The grenadier was the only unit in all of the RHS US units that was weaponless.  Now not so much weaponless but more invisible as he was still moving around in the appropriate stances as though he was holding a weapon in his hands just couldn't see it.  I would never have though ASR was the issue but i didn't test it.  Just did a little script to replace that unit with a different weapon which seemed to work.  More a band aid than a fix.

Cheers.

Hi Folks,

OK - thanks - I'll try removing the specific configs... Will ASR still work with both CAF and RHS without them ???

Regards,
Scott

@scottb613

On my side, I cannot repoduce your issue with the grenadier.

I fixed some stuff in the RHS optional config for my personal use.

It only change some class inheritance, if some of you want it take it at your own risks, it's of course unofficial.

@Robalo you might want to look into it and compare with yours in order to see what I changed.

Hi Folks,

OK - thanks - I'll try removing the specific configs... Will ASR still work with both CAF and RHS without them ???

Regards,

Scott

What's the worst thing that can happend?  :lol:

No seriously, the CAF config makes CAF weapons less accurate (IIRC), and, I assume, apply the usual rate of fire and engagement distances adjustments that makes ASRAI so good to have. AFAIK, the RHS config makes sure of the latter, when using RHS weapons. I don't know if proper unit's skills were also adjusted or if they were not taken right without the config. Regardless, rate of fire, and engagement distances, are the two most important changes this mod applies using config files, so that part should be covered, for the mod to be "ASR AI compatible".

Will setting   "asr_ai3_main_setskills = 0"  completely disable all the skill component of ASR_AI?

Will setting   "asr_ai3_main_setskills = 0"  completely disable all the skill component of ASR_AI?

I'm tempted to say "yes", but I think you may have some confusion there. What exactly do you understand by "all the skill component of ASR_AI"?

I'm tempted to say "yes", but I think you may have some confusion there. What exactly do you understand by "all the skill component of ASR_AI"?

I want to totally get rid of ASR_AI ability to affect AI's skill (sniper, militia, team leader, etc).

I want to totally get rid of ASR_AI ability to affect AI's skill (sniper, militia, team leader, etc).

A big part of that is handled through config changes to weapons and units. So the answer to your original question is "no, you still be affecting 'skill' even when setting  that to zero".

Robalo, would it be possible for you to look into making the AI stick to their group? One of the biggest immersion killers for me is seeing single units moving alone in the battlefield. I suppose it's because of the vanilla tendency of AI leaders to give the "engage" command which causes a unit to break off formation? Fixing that would dramatically improve the game in my opinion.

Robalo, would it be possible for you to look into making the AI stick to their group? One of the biggest immersion killers for me is seeing single units moving alone in the battlefield. I suppose it's because of the vanilla tendency of AI leaders to give the "engage" command which causes a unit to break off formation? Fixing that would dramatically improve the game in my opinion.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/enableAttack

Or you mean to automatically run that for every created group?

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/enableAttack

Or you mean to automatically run that for every created group?

If I understand correctly, and the "Attack" command is what causes AI units to go lone wolf, then yes, I suggest to run that on all groups. Am I missing out anything here? Why would we want the AI units to attack on their own without the support of their teams? Apart from the immersion kill when seeing single AI units spread across the field, it's just doesn't make any sense to me that a leader would like his units to break off and move on their own.

Actually, I believe that's the way AI leaders send groups of units to different objectives. I remember a long, long time ago, when it was a common thing to be under AI command, being issued orders like "follow 3", right after an order of "3, attack that BMP". But all that was 10 years ago. Anyway, it doesn't break inmersion for me, to see lone units, because in the caos of the battle, you can't really be sure of what every unit is doing and why. But many have experimented with enableAttack and have liked that way more. Maybe you can try and tell?

A small "Updating base class" error in the latest version (0.9.27):

Updating base class CannonCore->cannon_120mm, by x\asr_ai3\addons\main\config.bin/CfgWeapons/cannon_105mm/

Updating base class CannonCore->cannon_120mm, by x\asr_ai3\addons\main\config.bin/CfgWeapons/cannon_105mm/

I didn't think those updating base class messages were errors, rather, they were simply a notification that a base class had been overwritten by an addon. T/F?

Yes you are correct. But overwriting base classes can lead to huge issues between other mods or even vanilla, which is why I often call it an error.

There's something already in there, inside the movetocover routine. Only leader checks for cover, moves to it and the rest of the group follows.

Otherwise don't know how exactly it should be fixed. I often see leaders sending not one but 2 units to flank/engage and that works well. I wouldn't want to remove that.

Hi Robalo.  Had a chance to look at raptoer's changes yet mate ?

Unfortunately no. I just didn't have the time. I encourage Raptoer to release his own branch it there is demand for it and he feels like doing it :)

Thanks, that looks like something I might need to fix if BIS changed inheritances in 1.52. But I think I saw something in dev changelogs about it being reverted ?