Hi!  I have the RHS mod installed in my server.  I must download the AI Configs posted for third party addons?  Or in the latests version of this mod contemplates the use of this?

Thanks

First, let me say that I absolutely love this mod and use it all the time. Second, I have countless hours using the ASR AI 3 mod and have seen the greatness of it and a few of the areas that - in my opinion - need improvement.

I would like to offer my suggestions and frustrations in hopes to hear that "I am just doing it wrong" or that "we can fix this and make it better."

IMPORTANT NOTE: I am running this with ASR AI 3 and CBA (how it says I should run it) on the latest version. Furthermore, I am speaking from using these units within ZEUS with the mod installed on both a dedicated server, my client, and the headless clients.

• Transport Helicopters act as if they are "semi-gunships" in the sense that when you give them a "transport unload" waypoint, they will refuse to land for up to a few minutes before potentially landing IF they come under fire. If the transport helicopter does NOT come under fire, it will land at the waypoint as it should and offload any troops. My issue... is that when the helicopter comes under fire, it does not attempt to offload the troops near the waypoint, air drop them in, or escape and drop them off somewhere close by - instead, the helicopter flies around and likely gets shot down.
  • Units will sometimes accidentally fire too soon when holding Anti-tank weapons when their unit SEES the enemy vehicle, but NOT always when they are actually ON TARGET (i have witnessed normal units with weapons shoot at the floor and walls similarly when they are first attempting to get on target)
  • When I tell a squad to enter a vehicle (whether grouped with the vehicle or not) the group OFTEN gets stuck in a mount/dismount state where they will not go to their waypoints or after the enemy - they will only continue to attempt to randomly get into the vehicle, for one person or the whole squad to then dismount, and then attempt to remount.
  • I rarely see the AI enter buildings in combat - it happens, but almost never and I truly mean that in a very real and non-sarcastic way.
  • I wish the AI would utilize explosives against targets in buildings/near buildings/or near vehicles they are using as cover - possibly a slight chance that anti-tank weapons and other weapons would be utilized.
  • Is there any way to reduce the accuracy of DOOR GUNNERS on helicopters or any other static mounted weapon - the static mounted weapons on and off vehicles can sometimes be super super super accuracy and aimbotty even at great ranges WHILE vehicles are moving.

These are just some of my impressions - take them or leave them - but they are things I WISH were tweaked a little and worked differently.

This is the 5% of the mod that bothers me, the rest is freaking gold - keep up the good work.

Spencer

Seems after the 1.50 patch the AI are alot harder. said theyve tweaked the AI 'see through clutter' values for altis and stratis, i hope that doesnt screw things up on other maps.

I guess ill start by lowering the accuracy in the ASR serverside config.

Anyone know of anything that has changed with the AI and how to fix it if needed?

Robalo, any update on those changes raptoer sent ?  The AI need some more ASR loving :)

I still need to resolve some problems, for example some pieces of cover are getting rejected incorrectly, and it's a pain to debug.

Of course I only discover these problems after I tell the world about it.

Also - ALL UNITS will fire their weapons once they SEE the enemy and not when they are on target sometimes. For example, helicopters might see a vehicle / enemy and randomly fire their unguided rockets in the wrong direction and often COMPLETELY missing their intended target. (I have seen this with modded and vanilla units)

Hi!  I have the RHS mod installed in my server.  I must download the AI Configs posted for third party addons?  Or in the latests version of this mod contemplates the use of this?

Thanks

I'd like to know this as well. It seems that the RHS patch linked in the OP is out of date. Is this something I can do myself, or do we need robalo to update asrai himself?

From what we have found by looking inside the rhs optional addon, it is just config entries that define the rhs weapons and smoke grenades etc. Meaning if an AI is using an rhs weapon, the optional pbo would need to be installed in order for ASR to run propperly on that unit (such as automatic fire with machine guns or throwing smokes).

So based on that even tho it is outdated it will still be effective as long as rhs is using the same weapon classnames, which they are although there may be some extra ones by now that arent included

This is just what i remember my collegue telling me a few months back, it may not be 100% correct.

AI seems to throw a lot of Grenades is there a way for me to lower that in a setting?

AI seems to throw a lot of Grenades is there a way for me to lower that in a setting?

As Clan we had same feeling...it seems that Ai throw a lot of Grenades. Beside what sargken asked, is ammo counted or AI can throw unlimited grenades?

• Like 1

As Clan we had same feeling...it seems that Ai throw a lot of Grenades. Beside what sargken asked, is ammo counted or AI can throw unlimited grenades?

Some would say they don't throw enough of them. Human players use them a lot more.

AI throwing grenades is not scripted. It's all engine based. I only applied a config tweak so their don't keep them in their pockets as if they were precious gems.

From what we have found by looking inside the rhs optional addon, it is just config entries that define the rhs weapons and smoke grenades etc. Meaning if an AI is using an rhs weapon, the optional pbo would need to be installed in order for ASR to run propperly on that unit (such as automatic fire with machine guns or throwing smokes).

So based on that even tho it is outdated it will still be effective as long as rhs is using the same weapon classnames, which they are although there may be some extra ones by now that arent included

This is just what i remember my collegue telling me a few months back, it may not be 100% correct.

Okay, so even without the RHS patch, the only thing missing would be proper weapons handling? Like, not using grenades, not shooting in bursts--- But the tweaks to spotting, aiming, general skill would still work? Because I played for a little while to test around, and the RHS AI seemed a bit strong. Might have been placebo, obviously, as I have tested for like 10 minutes.

Also, if there's no additional configuration needed to RHS compatibility, what's this do?:

asr_ai3_main_factions = [ // default coefficient for unlisted factions is 1, meaning no change

["BLU_F",1],
["USMC",1],
["BIS_US",1],
["BIS_CZ",1],
["BIS_GER",1],
["BIS_UN",1],
["PMC_BAF",1],
["BIS_BAF",1],
["OPF_F",1],
["RU",1],
["BIS_TK",1],
["INS",1],
["BIS_TK_INS",1],
["IND_F",1],
["CDF",1],
["IND_G_F",1],
["GUE",1],
["BIS_TK_GUE",1]
];

Amount of grenades is fine .... good to see the AI using them for once !

Can the AI be Suppresed on this mod, or i need another Suppresion mod for this?

Speaking of other addons, specifically unit addons using new weapons (CUP, Massi, HLC, etc), do they work just fine without compatibility patches? As I understand, the patches handle AI use of automatic weaponry? Does ASR also handle their AI level automatically (Infantry, insurgents, special forces, etc) as it does with vanilla units? If not, is there a way to specify certain factions in the user config?

Some would say they don't throw enough of them. Human players use them a lot more.

AI throwing grenades is not scripted. It's all engine based. I only applied a config tweak so their don't keep them in their pockets as if they were precious gems.

Thank you for the reply.

Surely we will train us to be more efficient when AI attack us with grenades :)

Can someone tell me if it is to improve the intelligence of the AI inside the tank to shoot it normally? against other tanks?

Also - ALL UNITS will fire their weapons once they SEE the enemy and not when they are on target sometimes. For example, helicopters might see a vehicle / enemy and randomly fire their unguided rockets in the wrong direction and often COMPLETELY missing their intended target. (I have seen this with modded and vanilla units)

I don't know of any way to configure that behaviour. You might need to go to BIS about this.

Can the AI be Suppresed on this mod, or i need another Suppresion mod for this?

The AI can be suppresed without mods, it's a vanilla feature. Depends on what you're expecting to happen if you need mods. This one does not do anything extra about it.

Hello. I enjoy this mod. I've noticed that you have ASDG JR on the steam workshop, and was just curious if you had plans to do the same for this mod. After seeing a growing number of the mods I use coming available on the workshop, I've decided to start moving to it for whichever mods are available. I would be appreciative if this became available on the workshop as well.

Thanks for considering it.

Ok Robalo, I've gone ahead and make the pull request to get my features integrated. Go ahead on take a look and make any comments in the pull request itself