Maybe not apparent problems, but you're probably not gaining much by running both of them, except for a bit of useless script overhead. For example, both mods run around a custom danger.fsm, which will trigger most of the other features. One mod loaded after the other will overwrite most of it.

I guess you could have some form of combination by loading ASR first to benefit from the config changes, then bCombat for the combat behaviour, but I don't know what bCombat does in terms of config from memory. You certainly wouldn't get ASR features like group intel sharing anyway, plus each mod is tailored to work with a certain set of configs.

All in all, those are two different mods that tackle the same issues, and you should definitely choose one over the other.

• Like 1

is it a good idea to run ASR with bCombat or better to use separately?

You have to watch conflicts in danger.fsm (or is it combat/fsm?) however.  Some features will be missing.

i once run 4 ai mods together and the result was so funny.... AI spraying there guns full auto every where lol 
couldnt decide to run crawl or duck... they shot at walls and everything so be careful 

I have a small question. Let's say I spawn AI via DAC or Alive. Does ASR AI override their skill settings and are there any conflicts with some of the behavior modifications DAC has (like feeling and using empty vehicles)?

I have a small question. Let's say I spawn AI via DAC or Alive. Does ASR AI override their skill settings and are there any conflicts with some of the behavior modifications DAC has (like feeling and using empty vehicles)?

Why not give it a try yourself and report back? Just a friendly advice.

ASR AI 3 is used instead of ALiVE or DAC's AI.

[EDIT]

As long as ASR AI 3 is on the server and the player triggering/activating the AI to spawn is also running ASR AI 3.

Since the new queued initialization added since 0.9.26, I'm pretty sure ASR AI will overwrite the skills set by DAC or Alive.

About the AI using empty vehicles, if that's a DAC scripted feature, I can't see why ASR AI would interfere with it. But I don't know much about DAC's internals to be able to answer with certainty.

Since the new queued initialization added since 0.9.26, I'm pretty sure ASR AI will overwrite the skills set by DAC or Alive.

About the AI using empty vehicles, if that's a DAC scripted feature, I can't see why ASR AI would interfere with it. But I don't know much about DAC's internals to be able to answer with certainty.

DAC does have a function to search for empty vehicles / man empty gunner positions but it can be disabled in DAC_Config_Behaviour.sqf under the _setEmpVeh variable

"Follow my stance" is not working in MP (dedicated server at least). It works OK in SP. On a side note, any chance to add some in game on/off functionality? It's really cumbersome to have all your units, all the time, following your stance (specially once a team has reached it's destination), while it's a great feature to have active for the units that are advancing with you.

Is the third party addon listed in the first post for CAF Aggressors still required?

Thanks

Eric

Is the third party addon listed in the first post for CAF Aggressors still required?

Thanks

Eric

The problem it address will be there without it. Not sure if it still works after the recent patches to the game though...

"Follow my stance" is not working in MP (dedicated server at least). It works OK in SP. On a side note, any chance to add some in game on/off functionality? It's really cumbersome to have all your units, all the time, following your stance (specially once a team has reached it's destination), while it's a great feature to have active for the units that are advancing with you.

You can still manage stance in game as usual, meaning you can order some/all units to go prone, stand up etc.

But yeah, I will make it toggle-able in game at any time using a CBA keybind instead of a userconfig option. That should fix it for MP too.

It will be a "per group" option. Coding this to be set per AI unit in group is doable but I'm not spending time on that yet.

ee9iXCX.png

Would love to see it updated on Play withSix to version 0.9.27.

That's my bad. Thanks Foxhound !

Robalo ive got a minor issue which i hope u can help with.

Our mission template consists of scripted enemy gear which gets executed ~20 seconds after the players load in. The delay is necessary to spread out the load of all the others scripts at startup.

This means that the 'pack nvs' function bas already happened so that when the AIs gear gets executed the NVs dont get packed.

How can i workaround this? Can i call the function in the gear scripts or can i delay when the inital pack nv function starts by a few minutes?

Thanks

Robalo ive got a minor issue which i hope u can help with.

Our mission template consists of scripted enemy gear which gets executed ~20 seconds after the players load in. The delay is necessary to spread out the load of all the others scripts at startup.

This means that the 'pack nvs' function bas already happened so that when the AIs gear gets executed the NVs dont get packed.

How can i workaround this? Can i call the function in the gear scripts or can i delay when the inital pack nv function starts by a few minutes?

Thanks

It's a bug, I forgot that function must be called in a loop last time I cleaned up that code. Even if you'd call it, I still need to fix it so when night comes the AI gets it out of the bag and use it.

Thanks

Hey there Robalo, I'm pretty much finished with my mod of your mod, called Pooter's enhanced ASR AI. I did it as a fork of your git repository.

I have only changed the behavior invoked by danger.fsm. Every file I added is prefixed with fnc_pt_ . I also changed  danger.fsm and added some lines to XEH_preInit to set some default values.

AIs now counterattack if attacked (and then left alone)

Ais now find individual pieces of cover to hide behind (leader does the picking).

Ais in buildings now maneuver in response to inbound fire. (they'll either go down a pos or move to a different part of the building, depending on visibility)

This whole experience has left me rather tired of the limited capabilities that we have as modders. They gave us just enough to see what is possible, without actually letting us change any core components. I have found that most of the combat behavior attributed to AI mods is just caused by the mod poking the default AI to get it to behave.

What I would really like to work on is the AI visibility calculations, but sadly those are somewhere in the engine and can't be easily changed without the source. I have a feeling that the visibility calculations are relatively simple, which makes them easy to debug and cheap to run, but causes the AI to have laser eyes (or at least not act even remotely human).

Let me know if you want me to make a pull request, or have any questions.

you going to make this modified version available to others with the credits of ASR_AI?  or is that not allowed?

Hey there Robalo, I'm pretty much finished with my mod of your mod, called Pooter's enhanced ASR AI. I did it as a fork of your git repository.

I have only changed the behavior invoked by danger.fsm. Every file I added is prefixed with fnc_pt_ . I also changed  danger.fsm and added some lines to XEH_preInit to set some default values.

Ais now find individual pieces of cover to hide behind (leader does the picking).

Ais in buildings now maneuver in response to inbound fire. (they'll either go down a pos or move to a different part of the building, depending on visibility)

This whole experience has left me rather tired of the limited capabilities that we have as modders. They gave us just enough to see what is possible, without actually letting us change any core components. I have found that most of the combat behavior attributed to AI mods is just caused by the mod poking the default AI to get it to behave.

What I would really like to work on is the AI visibility calculations, but sadly those are somewhere in the engine and can't be easily changed without the source. I have a feeling that the visibility calculations are relatively simple, which makes them easy to debug and cheap to run, but causes the AI to have laser eyes (or at least not act even remotely human).

That sounds pretty cool!

Sweet! Where can I get it? :)

Experience will show you, young Padawan :), that Robalo's choices will prevail in the end. But the best of luck for you.

Sounds very nice. Just moved to new home yesterday but got it wired already and got my pc installed. Lots of work to be done. I haven't had the chance to look at your changes yet but will do for sure.

I still have some more changes coming, but the basic concepts are in place.