The general skill seemed to make a fair bit of difference. Our theory to creating tealistic AI is simple, have everything maxed out to 1 except aiming and spotting. This way they are very aggressive and smart, but dont have terminator accuracy.

---------- Post added at 07:22 ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 ----------

Turn off AI rearming by setting it to 0 in ASR userconfig, if you dont want them to rearm when they think they need to

Well I would like them to rearm when they need to, just not from an invisible box that doesn't actually give them anything, and not when they have full ammo already, lol.

@AuTigerGrad it's very possible it's ACE, but turning off ASR causes that behavior to stop too, so maybe ACE is interfering with some way that ASR normally operates. Would be a shame if these two great mods we're incompatible.

It's impossible for me to load a save when ASR_AI is activated, is this normal ?

Thanks for the awesome work !

Loading saves works perfectly here, must be another mod.

---------- Post added at 01:30 ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 ----------

Well I would like them to rearm when they need to, just not from an invisible box that doesn't actually give them anything, and not when they have full ammo already, lol.

@AuTigerGrad it's very possible it's ACE, but turning off ASR causes that behavior to stop too, so maybe ACE is interfering with some way that ASR normally operates. Would be a shame if these two great mods we're incompatible.

I'm guessing it's rearming. Could be the mix with ACE. The AI checks they have at least one FirstAidKit item. If ACE replaces that item with an item with another classname then they will still look around for it. I need to see if that's the case and if true it's fixable.

Fix implemented, will be in next version

Edited by Robalo

Loading saves works perfectly here, must be another mod.

---------- Post added at 01:30 ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 ----------

I'm guessing it's rearming. Could be the mix with ACE. The AI checks they have at least one FirstAidKit item. If ACE replaces that item with an item with another classname then they will still look around for it. I need to see if that's the case and if true it's fixable.

That'd be awesome, thanks!

Wow, i knew i came to the right place :)

So i dont run ACE medical, so sounds like its the problem of checking for FIirst AID KIT. However the car has them so not sure why they wont just take it from car once inside but it's ARMA. At least now i know a way to fix it ( i can run a code manually in debug to add it and will test this and report back)

If this is the problem, i guess there is no way around that correct? Also what are the other rearm features? Do they pull AMMO from dead bodies automatically? thanks all

just a quick question, but are the AI able to use the ACE bandages and stuff if you have the ACE medical system implemented? I was under the impression that they could not use it so I took it out of the mod (at least for the time being).

Please explain, why is it incorrect ? It's not like I'm comparing apples with oranges, it's diag_ticktime (now) versus diag_ticktime (later) just to check for some time passed. I think I used this because there were issues with the time command in certain situations but can't remember what exactly. I need to understand the issue and see if it really needs a fix.

I discovered this when in single player I alt-tabed when an AI was moving to cover. The AI stopped when I tabbed back in. The movement timeout had been triggered because it counted the time I was alt-tabbed out.

If there was some other issue with the time command then it is most likely a bigger issue than this. In MP if a server is lagging badly enough to desynchronize diag_ticktime and time then it will be unplayable anyways.

Guest HellGhost

Hi Robalo,

I think the page need some corrections.

Or maybe you forget to give some files in the archive.

In the page, it's specified that theses files are included :

asr_ai3_cfgweapons.pbo

asr_ai3_main.pbo

asr_ai3_settings.pbo

asr_ai3_sysaiskill.pbo

asr_ai3_sysdanger.pbo

asr_ai3_sysgear.pbo

But there is only two *.pbo files in the archive. Is it normal or have you forget to pack all the files ?

Or maybe specified somewhere in the updates log that I missed.

And there is an issue, the overall "SuperGod AI" while using stealth attacks and ASR.

Example :

Two hostiles, one looking at North, the other one at South.

The two of them are seperated by approximatly 50 meters, and with a structure (large building) and a big concrete wall.

I'm coming closer to the first one, behind the concrete wall.

Hit him with a headshot, nice and clean.

The other one can't know about anything :

- He's not looking in the same direction

- He is behind a structure

- There is a distance and a big concrete wall close to the first one and the player

- The player using a suppressor

What's happened in this situation WITHOUT ASR :

The second hostile don't notice anything when the player use stealth attacks and stay out of sight and don't do any important noise.

So, logical, and stealth functionnal.

What's happened in this situation WITH ASR :

The second hostile seems to don't notice anything after the headshot on the first hostile, but after some seconds, just like that, he's turning on himself, and running to the body of the first hostile with his weapon drawn.

In other words, he just see throught walls and behind his heads, and all hostiles in the area always notice every stealth actions, and even worst, they notice what they can't know like if they are Zeus and know everything.

Maybe I'm not the only one to have this issue.

I've already try many configurations with the config files in the userconfig folder, and in the previous versions, the actual settings works correctly.

I can't say that's a problem with the last ArmA III update, because this issue don't appear without ASR.

Probably something to fix with ASR.

@lordsoth

I don't know, you should maybe ask about that in the ACE thread.

@Raptoer

So you're saying 'diag_ticktime' is still counting while the game is alt-tabbed but 'time' does not ?

@JCae2798

It is quite simple. When rearming is enabled (default) the AI checks if it has at least a couple mags for the primary weapon and a first aid kit. If they need something, they start looking around into crates, vehicles, bodies or friendly fella's backpacks. They don't know in advance if some container has their stuff, they keep looking until they find what they need or they checked all places.

@Hellghost

See F.A.Q. item number 2.

Always make sure to do a clean install, removing any files from previous versions.

Is there a way to see if ASR is running?i switched from bCombat to this ,but I can't tell if it is working or not.Isn't friendly AI supposed to remove their NVG's in daylight?Because mine are not doing that.Thanks

Is there a way to see if ASR is running?i switched from bCombat to this ,but I can't tell if it is working or not.Isn't friendly AI supposed to remove their NVG's in daylight?Because mine are not doing that.Thanks

Enable debug mode, and check rpt file.

Guest HellGhost

Robalo,

I don't think that change anything, because old files replaced by newer ones.

And I always delete older files before adding new ones.

That's not as simple.

The issue coming from somewhere else.

And... Well, clearly nobody really take care of problems that can occur.

Just forget, I delete ASR and that's all.

Robalo,

I don't think that change anything, because old files replaced by newer ones.

And I always delete older files before adding new ones.
That's not as simple.

The issue coming from somewhere else.

And... Well, clearly nobody really take care of problems that can occur.
Just forget, I delete ASR and that's all.

Let's see, changelog entry from 12 versions ago:
- combined all configs and scripts into a single addon (make sure to remove old files before updating)

Guest HellGhost

Yep, already done this.

And thanks for the info about the changelog, I don't see it when reading.

I'll try deleting some other addons that probably conflict or even impact on ASR.

But until there, nothing, always this strange detection issue.

Thanks anyway.

Hi, Robalo. Just wanted to post a huge thank you for this mod. I marathoned my way through all the questions about compatibility issues, and figured I should just leave it at: your mod makes ARMA 3 for me, at the tactical end. ALiVE+ASR AI+ACE 3 (minus the Alive skill and ACE AIs) is working great. Now that I've reduced my mod conflicts (and you removed waypoint setting), my AI units are getting stuck (in waypoint loops or whatever) a lot less.

Robalo, you're the best! In A3 I sorely missed the Copy-My-Stance addon I used and loved in A2/OA.  Now you deliver that as... cream topping  on an already delicious AI improvement! 

Will you release this soon in an update or is there some more cool stuff in the making so you want to wait with the release?

Robalo, you're the best! In A3 I sorely missed the Copy-My-Stance addon I used and loved in A2/OA.  Now you deliver that as... cream topping  on an already delicious AI improvement! 

Will you release this soon in an update or is there some more cool stuff in the making so you want to wait with the release?

I don't have much else right now but my local copy is in a good state... yes I think I'll prepare an update.

EDIT:

0.9.27 is now available

- AI copy stance of player group leader

- very small tweak for detection of soldier (slightly harder to detect)

- use time instead of diag_ticktime for various interval checks

- rearming checks for ACE3 bandages instead of vanilla first aid kits if ace medical is used

• Like 1

All the missions seem to have this error popping up:

bugtrack.jpg

Only CBA_A3 and ASR_A3 + userconfig folder on current Dev build

All the missions seem to have this error popping up:

bugtrack.jpg

Only CBA_A3 and ASR_A3 + userconfig folder on current Dev build

Anyone else on dev get that ?

The only thing I can think of now is install somehow failed, try a clean reinstall of the mod including the userconfig files.

Redownloaded from  same link in 1st post - clean latest CBA and ASR only. Same results. Tested on official missions

EDIT: reverted to main and everything works like a charm

is it a good idea to run ASR with bCombat or better to use separately?