Yeah the RHS config requires both. Future updates to it will come split in two, one for US another for RU. Note that RHS US mod is not really standalone though, you get errors in the config UI because it requires the main pbo from the RU mod. I also wonder if the US version has all the armor damage features implemented on it's own.

Thanks for the response. RHS USA is standalone, you not get errors. Maybay you use a old version of RHS USA, but from the 0.3.6 version not need AFRF. 0.3.8 is the actual version.

Changelog link

"FIXED IN 0.3.6

@ USAF no longer requires AFRF to play (finally!)"

Thanks for the response. RHS USA is standalone, you not get errors. Maybay you use a old version of RHS USA, but from the 0.3.6 version not need AFRF. 0.3.8 is the actual version.

Changelog link

"FIXED IN 0.3.6

@ USAF no longer requires AFRF to play (finally!)"

Yeah that's not true. Not in 0.3.7, not in 0.3.8, you still need rhs_main.pbo from @RHS_AFRF3.

Yeah that's not true. Not in 0.3.7, not in 0.3.8, you still need rhs_main.pbo from @RHS_AFRF3.

I make a test, and you're right, still has some dependencies. But really they are few and not important, but as you say have dependencies.

Edited by Legolasindar

Like I mentioned in previous post, if you really need to go offtopic:

1. try using the config UI - you get errors and can't set keybindings

2. vehicles damage is handled using a function which is only defined in RHS AFRF (rhs_fnc_hitHandler)

Like I mentioned in previous post, if you really need to go offtopic:

1. try using the config UI - you get errors and can't set keybindings

2. vehicles damage is handled using a function which is only defined in RHS AFRF (rhs_fnc_hitHandler)

Please see my previous post, i modify this before you post the last, and you not see the modification ;)

Was wondering if anyone on this thread was able to modify ASR to work with bcombat? I am going to post the same question on their thread page but i figured here would be a good place to start. I have had some luck looking over posts from earlier in the year but with new versions of the mods out I was hoping someone knew more about it. I am relatively new to the whole coding thing so I am deathly afraid of tweaking either danger.fsm files or any file really unless i have some guidance. With what i have so far its pretty damn amazing what these mods can do together. Any hints or suggestions from anyone who has done this themselves would be great.

-TA

hey Robalo - i thought ASR was supposed to overwrite all other skills like the skill slider in the editor?

ive been doing some testing and am pretty confident in saying that the slider has a direct impact on the skill results of the tested AI on the dedicated server with headless client.

ai1 skill "general" returned 1 wither the skill slider at max and would correspond to any other slider value.

I have question.

Does ASR AI completely rewrites basic AI Skill settings:

ifeZaM8.png

Or it still uses them as basic and modifiy it?

So should I completely ignore upper settings or I should tweak it anyway?

Edited by Firestorm_01

hey Robalo - i thought ASR was supposed to overwrite all other skills like the skill slider in the editor?

ive been doing some testing and am pretty confident in saying that the slider has a direct impact on the skill results of the tested AI on the dedicated server with headless client.

ai1 skill "general" returned 1 wither the skill slider at max and would correspond to any other slider value.

Mod overrides all sub-skills but endurance and general. So your editor skill slider would only matter for those.

I have question.

Does ASR AI completely rewrites basic AI Skill settings:

http://i.imgur.com/ifeZaM8.png

Or it still uses them as basic and modifiy it?

So should I completely ignore upper settings or I should tweak it anyway?

Mod does not change those skill settings in game options, those are your profile values and you can still tweak them.

Mod overrides all sub-skills but endurance and general. So your editor skill slider would only matter for those.

Mod does not change those skill settings in game options, those are your profile values and you can still tweak them.

Thank you. But does "general" skill affects aiming on any way or it is just "decision making" as described here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/AI_Sub-skills#general

Edited by Firestorm_01

I want to change the AI to be somewhere between regular and novice on my server.

Novice seems too easy and regular is absurd - even at night and AI without NVG's we die at a ridiculous rate.

Any suggestions?

I want to change the AI to be somewhere between regular and novice on my server.

Novice seems too easy and regular is absurd - even at night and AI without NVG's we die at a ridiculous rate.

Any suggestions?

Change AI preset to custom and use some values in between novice and regular. See pic shown a couple posts back.

Defaults are:

Novice:

skillAI = 0.5;

precisionAI = 0.2;

Regular:

skillAI = 0.7;

precisionAI = 0.5;

So maybe set your skill at 0.6 and precision at 0.3 ?

I dont know how much work this is but rhs 0.3.8 would be nice to get some infos about that actual status ;)

Hey there Robalo,

I've been working on my own AI mod loosely based on ASR AI.

I've hit a bit of a snag in the form of Danger.fsm, namely that it seems to be very inconsistent when it gets called.

I have tested this by adding a bit of code at the beginning of Danger.fsm that prints to global chat for every item in the queue.

DCEnemyDetected seems to work fine.

DCFire seems to be called when they get shot at but aren't aware of the shooter.

DCHit seems to work fine

DCEnemyNear seems to work fine

DCExplosion counts bullet landings sometimes, but not explosions from grenades

DCDeadBodyGroup works fine.

DCDeadBody works fine

DCScream They react to their own screams rather than the screams of others

DCCanFire I have never seen

DCBulletClose works some of the time, but I can't find any sort of pattern for when it fires.

At this point I'm considering throwing out DCFire, DCExplosion, DCScream, DCCanFire, and DCBulletClose.

I could probably get a better result by just using event handlers and vector math to determine who should react instead of relying on the engine to call danger.fsm.

Are u running a beadless client? Just that some of ur above comments coencide with a problem that we have noticed recently.

When ai are pushed to the headless client, they do not react to bullets landing close to them compared to when they are on the server. After allt of testing (including vanilla) we concluded its a problem within the game itself.

Robalo can you shed any light on this? Perhaps some things have improved since 1.48?

Can't comment much as my local copy has changed a lot since last update. Haven't had much play time with 1.48 either. I know CanFire works because that's where I told AI to suppress when they have high capacity mags and to change stances.

Anyone else notice the AI has Terminator vision after the 1.48 ARMA update?

I just got finished testing with a Spec Ops unit vs a poorly equipped African Milita group from Massi's African Conflict mod.

In pitch black darkness and with no NVGs, the AI Militia was shooting at me from 70-80 yards away and I hadn't run, fired a shot, etc.

Didn't seem this bad before. Anyone else experience this?

Anyone else notice the AI has Terminator vision after the 1.48 ARMA update?

I just got finished testing with a Spec Ops unit vs a poorly equipped African Milita group from Massi's African Conflict mod.

In pitch black darkness and with no NVGs, the AI Militia was shooting at me from 70-80 yards away and I hadn't run, fired a shot, etc.

Didn't seem this bad before. Anyone else experience this?

I concur that Terminator accuracy is back with 1.48.

While I lament this regrettable evolution, I have to recognise that I now have FAR less crashes.

Yup, Terminator senses/accuracy are back in full effect at night again.

Just did more testing with vanilla units. No moonlight, in the middle of the woods, enemy AI has no night vision or flashlights.....my guy doesn't move or shoot....I get shot at. This occurred at 50 yards, 100 yards, even 200 yards away.

I guess I'll be running day missions for the foreseeable future.

Current dev. version of the mod working quite well with 1.48. Expect update soon.

Robalo can u run a simple test?

1. Shoot 1 round at the feet of a group of AI (on server) from 200 m away. They should react and look for cover and search for target.

2. Same test but with the AI on headless client.

Would like your opinion because we are not sure if it is an asr or bis problem. Hopefully its fixed with 1.48 + asr update

Current dev. version of the mod working quite well with 1.48. Expect update soon.

That's great news.

On a side note, after 1.48, I noticed my entire group of AI mates, completely pinned down by heavy enemy fire while we were in the open. They were refusing any and every order for like 10 to 15 minutes. The problem of AI not moving while in combat has escalated. My guess is someone has enforce the suppression new implementation to some dangerous limit. I mean they were not doing the usual bounding, and slow moving thing, they were not moving from the position at all. They resume taking order as soon as the enemy fire became more spread.

Robalo can u run a simple test?

1. Shoot 1 round at the feet of a group of AI (on server) from 200 m away. They should react and look for cover and search for target.

2. Same test but with the AI on headless client.

Would like your opinion because we are not sure if it is an asr or bis problem. Hopefully its fixed with 1.48 + asr update

Do you have a quick scenario I could throw on the server to test #2 ?