Thx Robalo, always great support. RHS would be awesome if you could update, they changed also a lot of classnames.

Beside that, if you dont know what to do with your free time :rofl: : Leights OpFor Pack http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27353 . I think its the most used opfor pack beside RHS for Arma3. Its much better then CAF Aggressors AND! also good supported.

Uhm, dunno, would be one more thing to maintain. Gimme a cmd line/batch to do it automatically and I'll consider it.

I do not quite understand what you mean,upload in Steam Workshop is carried out in a couple of clicks through Agma3 tools (PUBLISHER)

New version 0.9.25 is up.

Changes

- tweaks to react faster to seeing/hearing enemies

- moving to cover code optimization

- removed smoke usage (was a bit buggy and it will be in game by default soon)

- AI were trained to visit building positions more often

- disabled fatigue for AI in player group by default (can be changed in userconfig)

- AI were trained to visit building positions more often

- disabled fatigue for AI in player group by default (can be changed in userconfig)

Great. Many thanks!

How do you do to implement "moving to cover code", without conflicting with default, engine level, moving to cover functionality?

Great. Many thanks!

How do you do to implement "moving to cover code", without conflicting with default, engine level, moving to cover functionality?

If cover is found within 10m radius, I skip the moving to cover entirely.

Thanks for the update Robalo....

Is it still worth running ASR AI with TPWCAS_A3, or are the benefits of tpwcas now in your mod, or is best to rely on your mod and vanilla suppression. I have been running both mods for a while now and it seems to bear good results... or is it just a placebo ?

Since engine-level suppression was added to the engine, the only benefit of TPWCAS to me was the stance changes under suppression. I opted to trade that feature with the extra performance boot gained from removing TPWCAS. It is a matter of preference.

havn't tried the new update yet, but I noticed you have removed the smoke useage. Is that AI using smoke for cover etc? I actually liked that put in.

If that is the case, can I use the previous smoke usage and alter my own fileswith the latest update.

havn't tried the new update yet, but I noticed you have removed the smoke useage. Is that AI using smoke for cover etc? I actually liked that put in.

If that is the case, can I use the previous smoke usage and alter my own fileswith the latest update.

It will be implemented by BIS in the next patch.

---------- Post added at 14:31 ---------- Previous post was at 14:30 ----------

If cover is found within 10m radius, I skip the moving to cover entirely.

WOW, I didn't see that one coming. Thanks.

I just jumped into one of my ALiVE battles with Zeus and scanned the battlefield. The new ASR AI is definitely noticeable in regards to troops going into buildings. There is a substantial increase in the number of occupied buildings by AI troops..so much so that I may not need to place as many CQB ALiVE modules in my future missions as the standard spawning units are doing a great job of taking up residence inside of buildings and fortifications. Solid work sir.

One day when I am big, I will be able to script like Robalo. Awesome update. Thank you very much dude.

Just a question. Do custom units work with this mod or just the ones that are configured already? I use tons and tons of custom units (mostly single player)

As long as the custom unit's configs don't break the extended event handlers they will work. The custom configs are more about fine-tuning, having them tweaked same as the vanilla units are. What's even more important than the unit configs though and it's often overlooked when sending reports is using custom weapons in the hands of AI. There are lots of parameters in the ammo and weapon configs that define how AI handles them or how they react to them.

Edited by Robalo

I am wondering if anyone has seen where AI is NOT entering buildings. I feel like I have never seen my ASR AI use buildings (Not using any mods besides ASR AI and CBA). Is there something I need to change/set? Also, I am trying it out in Zeus missions.

I am wondering if anyone has seen where AI is NOT entering buildings. I feel like I have never seen my ASR AI use buildings (Not using any mods besides ASR AI and CBA). Is there something I need to change/set? Also, I am trying it out in Zeus missions.

I haven't saw them entering buildings ever, but I'm not aware of what circunstances would make it happen. Since I'm pretty sure I'm installing it correctly, I'm not too much concerned about it. If they're not entering, conditions are not being met, and I can't do anything about it.

I see them go in all the time. I wonder if some of you change the difficulty settings, or the missions being used are dumbed down?

One of the issues may be the amount of time it takes for a AI squad/team to move around to get in a building.

So some of you guys might not see it if your moving and or just killing them all.

With a camera (DARTER) overhead of me while I am in a building that the AI has a last known location on me, took well over 20 min for entree.. Thats a Combat/Red Squad doing ,all the bounding (yes they bound) and searching from 200m in a town, so lots of stop and go. Now with one or two AI looking for me its much faster. Some will bum-rush you if they know where you are at.

It might have to do with the AI having waypoints or not. I don't know.

Hi, how do I actually tone down the enemies abit? Im unsure how to mess with the userconfig settings.

These are the settings I have at the min, also im using the Russian rhs enemies, do I need to put their class name somewhere in the config file too?

asr_ai3_main_sets = [ // for each level: skilltype, [<min value>, <random value added to min>]

[ "general",[1.00,0.0], "aiming",[1.00,0.0], "spotting",[1.00,0.0] ], // 0: super-AI (only used for testing)

[ "general",[0.90,0.1], "aiming",[0.40,0.2], "spotting",[0.40,0.1] ], // 1: sf 1

[ "general",[0.85,0.1], "aiming",[0.35,0.2], "spotting",[0.35,0.1] ], // 2: sf 2 (recon units, divers and spotters)

[ "general",[0.80,0.1], "aiming",[0.30,0.2], "spotting",[0.30,0.1] ], // 3: regular 1 (regular army leaders, marksmen)

[ "general",[0.75,0.1], "aiming",[0.25,0.2], "spotting",[0.25,0.1] ], // 4: regular 2 (regulars)

[ "general",[0.70,0.1], "aiming",[0.20,0.2], "spotting",[0.20,0.1] ], // 5: militia or trained insurgents, former regulars (insurgent leaders, marksmen)

[ "general",[0.65,0.1], "aiming",[0.15,0.2], "spotting",[0.15,0.1] ], // 6: some military training (insurgents)

[ "general",[0.60,0.1], "aiming",[0.10,0.2], "spotting",[0.10,0.1] ], // 7: no military training

[ "general",[0.80,0.1], "aiming",[0.25,0.2], "spotting",[0.35,0.1] ], // 8: pilot 1 (regular)

[ "general",[0.70,0.1], "aiming",[0.20,0.2], "spotting",[0.30,0.1] ], // 9: pilot 2 (insurgent)

[ "general",[0.90,0.1], "aiming",[0.60,0.4], "spotting",[0.90,0.1] ] // 10: sniper

They are the default settings but how would I tone them down a little bit?

Also, do I need to input something here?

asr_ai3_main_levels_units = [

[], // 0: super-AI (only used for testing)

[], // 1: sf 1

[], // 2: sf 2 (recon units, divers and spotters)

[], // 3: regular 1 (regular army leaders, marksmen)

[], // 4: regular 2 (regulars)

[], // 5: militia or trained insurgents, former regulars (insurgent leaders, marksmen)

[], // 6: civilians with some military training (insurgents)

[], // 7: civilians without military training

[], // 8: pilot 1 (regular)

[], // 9: pilot 2 (insurgent)

[] // 10: sniper

Thanks, great mod btw! Wouldn't play arma without this mod and alive.

Simply set your AI level to novice in game's difficulty settings, or set to custom and adjust to your liking. There is no need to mess with the userconfig, it's there for tweaking for more advanced users/admins.

So could I not change some settings in that userconfig? I think they are really really good AI, I also want to keep the ingame setting to elite for more realism

Heyas Robalo, not sure if this is a problem or not but I always get worried when I see "Updating base class" RPT messages. This one shows up with latest ASR AI 3:

Updating base class SoldierWB->SoldierGB, by x\asr_ai3\addons\main\config.bin/CfgVehicles/I_Soldier_base_F/

Heyas Robalo, not sure if this is a problem or not but I always get worried when I see "Updating base class" RPT messages. This one shows up with latest ASR AI 3:

AFAIK that is the correct inheritance, SoldierGB should be the base class. Vanilla:

class I_Soldier_base_F : SoldierGB {

Looks like another mod breaking that inheritance and then mine setting it back to what it should be.

---------- Post added at 20:53 ---------- Previous post was at 20:49 ----------

So could I not change some settings in that userconfig? I think they are really really good AI, I also want to keep the ingame setting to elite for more realism

Well, I find them challenging enough on regular level with default settings. You said you want to tone them down a bit, but you want them elite levels... it is hard to make a recommendation based on that requirement.