No matter how well the mission is designed, if you can

... Well, ****. I made the video shorter, we were actually sitting in the building for an hour and 40 minutes before getting rescued. :/

DAC IS mission design but unfortunately the AI improvements it claims to bring.. I didn't see it in my testing. Still searching for something better. :(

Edited by BullHorn

No matter how well the mission is designed, if you can
... Well, ****. I made the video shorter, we were actually sitting in the building for an hour and 40 minutes before getting rescued. :/

Sry, the video is too long. Is there a suggestion ?

Indeed, that video is way too long, we shouldve been dead long ago. My suggestion would be to force AI to enter buildings when they are 100% aware of enemies inside buildings.

It doesn't have to be advanced MOUT breaching techniques. I'd be happy if the AI would just walk into buildings like they did in Arma 2.

The AI already walks in to get you in buildings, no mods required for that. Sure, maybe not as often and quickly as they should. Maybe they're afraid someone's waiting inside just to pick them off as they come in :)

If I force them to do that won't they become way too predictable ?

You're right. Is it possible to add a command to edit between 0 to 1 to adjust the probability of breaching? Ibtested 4 scenarios yesterday and in all of them the AI didn't breach at all, not even once....

You're right. Is it possible to add a command to edit between 0 to 1 to adjust the probability of breaching? Ibtested 4 scenarios yesterday and in all of them the AI didn't breach at all, not even once....

Hmm, that sort'of already is a thing, part of the moving to cover routine, but I just noticed a bad condition the script. Lemme fix and see how it turns out...

Another new ArmA 3 feature was added to AI in the latest dev branch update:

Added: AI using smoke cover when suppressed

Not sure if u are joking tho..but i couldnt hold myself-knowing it is off-topic.

AI throwing smoke:Yea..we got it modded like 10 years ago

Marksmen and bipods:Yea..we got it modded like 10 years ago

ZEUS:Yea..we got it modded like 10 years ago

How about other features that CANT be modded and we constantly takin' rotten eggs shined as new ones?

Sorry again for off-topic

First time using this mod as a mission maker and I have some questions that I couldn't find explicitly answered in this thread:

1. Since the server's config values override the client's, does that mean the clients don't need userconfig files at all? Can I save the players the hassle of installing them?

2. In the server config it says "Mission makers can control these features by setting these global variables in init.sqf". Does that not apply to the asr_ai3_main_sets values? If I add skill values to my init.sqf, it seems to ingnore them and instead take the values that I have in my asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf.

Does ASR Ai run ok with DAC? Is there any conflicts? Does ASR Ai conflict with DAC's behaviour configs? I'm using DAC and I'm wondering if I can run ASR Ai as well and how they work together.

ASR AI3 and DAC have absolutely no conflicts with each other.

First time using this mod as a mission maker and I have some questions that I couldn't find explicitly answered in this thread:

1. Since the server's config values override the client's, does that mean the clients don't need userconfig files at all? Can I save the players the hassle of installing them?

2. In the server config it says "Mission makers can control these features by setting these global variables in init.sqf". Does that not apply to the asr_ai3_main_sets values? If I add skill values to my init.sqf, it seems to ingnore them and instead take the values that I have in my asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf.

1. See FAQ

2. You can override any variable in your mission scripts

The FAQ state

Q: Why are there 2 files in userconfig ? Do I need them ? [...] A: All these files are required for servers and single player games.

So I'll take that as a "no, clients do not need the userconfig files".

2. You can override any variable in your mission scripts

I paste this into my init.sqf:

asr_ai3_main_sets = [ // for each level: skilltype, [<min value>, <random value added to min>]
[	"general",[1.00,0.0],	"aiming",[1.00,0.0],	"spotting",[1.00,0.0]	],	// 0:  super-AI (only used for testing)
[	"general",[0.90,0.1],	"aiming",[0.40,0.2],	"spotting",[0.40,0.1]	],	// 1:  sf 1
[	"general",[0.85,0.1],	"aiming",[0.35,0.2],	"spotting",[0.35,0.1]	],	// 2:  sf 2 (recon units, divers and spotters)
[	"general",[0.80,0.1],	"aiming",[1.00,0.0],	"spotting",[0.30,0.1]	],	// 3:  regular 1 (regular army leaders, marksmen)
[	"general",[0.75,0.1],	"aiming",[1.00,0.0],	"spotting",[0.25,0.1]	],	// 4:  regular 2 (regulars)
[	"general",[0.70,0.1],	"aiming",[0.20,0.2],	"spotting",[0.20,0.1]	],	// 5:  militia or trained insurgents, former regulars (insurgent leaders, marksmen)
[	"general",[0.65,0.1],	"aiming",[0.15,0.2],	"spotting",[0.15,0.1]	],	// 6:  some military training (insurgents)
[	"general",[0.60,0.1],	"aiming",[0.10,0.2],	"spotting",[0.10,0.1]	],	// 7:  no military training
[	"general",[0.80,0.1],	"aiming",[0.25,0.2],	"spotting",[0.35,0.1]	],	// 8:  pilot 1 (regular)
[	"general",[0.70,0.1],	"aiming",[0.20,0.2],	"spotting",[0.30,0.1]	],	// 9:  pilot 2 (insurgent)
[	"general",[0.90,0.1],	"aiming",[0.60,0.4],	"spotting",[0.90,0.1]	]	// 10: sniper 
];

Yet these values don't get applied. Instead the values from asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf are being used. What am I doing wrong?

Nevermind, I figured it out. Thank you for your help and thank you for a great mod.

Edited by McDiod

Hello,

your AI mod is quite a fun to play with. The enemies finally behave (and aim !) more like actual humans. But it seems, that changes as soon as they are in a vehicle. Then they turn on god mode. When I try to fly by in a helicopter, they almost instantly hit the pilot in the head or some major parts of the helo are badly damaged. Have you ever tried to fly ground support for ground troops and be shot down in the first seconds?

I mean, yes, especially the Hummingbird is made of wet paper, but even when flying full speed in low altitudes, the AI always scores critical hits.

Does ASR_AI affect vehicle AI aiming skills? If yes, how to tweak it down, so they do not hit every time?

Does RHS work with asr ai cause I saw them just standing and taking shots and basically getting killed in like 1 min..Then I switch back to nato and it played better so what is is the issue. BTW the download for RHS on asr ai Download: RHS ASR AI3 config v20150119 doesn't work..this is the error I get

Not Found

The requested URL /chili/addons/misc/asr_ai3_rhs_config-20150119.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

also no other mods running and get 40 fps...

What about Bcombat mod? Anyone tried to combine the? How did it go,if you did?:confused:

Hello,

your AI mod is quite a fun to play with. The enemies finally behave (and aim !) more like actual humans. But it seems, that changes as soon as they are in a vehicle. Then they turn on god mode. When I try to fly by in a helicopter, they almost instantly hit the pilot in the head or some major parts of the helo are badly damaged. Have you ever tried to fly ground support for ground troops and be shot down in the first seconds?

I mean, yes, especially the Hummingbird is made of wet paper, but even when flying full speed in low altitudes, the AI always scores critical hits.

Does ASR_AI affect vehicle AI aiming skills? If yes, how to tweak it down, so they do not hit every time?

The main focus is on infantry combat but I can have a look at improving other aspects where possible. Need something more concrete, which vehicle and weapon is too accurate ?

A scenario reproducing the issue would be best. Have you reported this to BIS issue tracker ?

Thanks

Does RHS work with asr ai cause I saw them just standing and taking shots and basically getting killed in like 1 min..Then I switch back to nato and it played better so what is is the issue. BTW the download for RHS on asr ai Download: RHS ASR AI3 config v20150119 doesn't work..this is the error I get

Not Found

The requested URL /chili/addons/misc/asr_ai3_rhs_config-20150119.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Not sure where you got that link, but latest RHS config I posted was for 0.3.6 (they are now at 0.3.8). I will update when I find the time for it. So far I have a config done for the RHS US mod.

Sorry to hear you're only getting 40fps. Is that on the game's main screen or running a specific scenario ?

How much do you get without the mod?

fps-54 without mods but we all know that there is no way to play arma 3 ai with no mods don't we...I'm happy with 40 fps that should run descent ai. BTW got the link Robalo at your download site ---->http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=24080 about half way down....Also for the question is this this in game scenario yes menu 188 fps

windowss 8.1- 64bit

Amd A8-5500 with radeon 7560D

Ram 6gb Ram

3.20 ghz

0verclocked 3700

Edited by bravo409

fps-54 without mods

I'd really like to know how are you doing to test a 14 FPS drop because of this mod. This mod's effects on FPS comes and goes, as it's not doing the same thing all the time. I'd say if any script drops the FPS counter by a value of 14, consistently throughout the mission, that script/mod is not working properly.

Robalo, please upload this mod in Steam WorkShop!

Uhm, dunno, would be one more thing to maintain. Gimme a cmd line/batch to do it automatically and I'll consider it.

The main focus is on infantry combat but I can have a look at improving other aspects where possible. Need something more concrete, which vehicle and weapon is too accurate ?

A scenario reproducing the issue would be best. Have you reported this to BIS issue tracker ?

We're mostly playing PatrolOps 3.01 and the vehicles are spawned randomly along your travel path. We are playing NATO side and enemies are CSAT forces. The spawned vehicles consist mostly of Ifrit's (both HMG and GMG) as well as Marid's. Their turrets are the dangerous things. The thing I find unrealistic is that they hit the pilot or vital heli parts with deadly accuracy even when you fly by in low altitude and at high speeds. They are also very accurate over long distances.

I'm not sure if this is an issue to report or if it's "just the AI".

Edited by MadJosch

I'd really like to know how are you doing to test a 14 FPS drop because of this mod. This mod's effects on FPS comes and goes, as it's not doing the same thing all the time. I'd say if any script drops the FPS counter by a value of 14, consistently throughout the mission, that script/mod is not working properly.

I installed it like I install any other mod @asr in arma 3 file then take user config file and put that in arma 3 unless I have one and I just take asr ai sqf and add that to the userconfig...So don't see why this mod wouldn't run right.