It's a fair assumption, I haven't tried it with -servermods and don't have more info. If all it does is it hides the fact that the server is running it then yes that should work. So far I have only used -serverinfo for mods like @asm or @aliveserver.

Going to test ASR AI3 tonight running it as "-serverMod=" and not run it client-side. My mission spawns in AI using EOS, so we'll see if the client dictates whether it uses your AI mod or if it is ignored and the EOS script sets the skill instead.

Hi, can someone confirm that using cba's fnc_taskPatrol desyncs the server? (Doors open late, respawn button reacts late)...

ASRAI was only running on the dedicated server tho, could that also be the issue? note that the desync stopped when i removed the cba functions...

additionally: is there some hidden function in asrai that would let me do the same? (let defined groups patrol and search houses)?

Edited by m1ndgames
typo

I finally decided to test this mod. I usually use the Infantry Showcase for testing purposes and it takes me 15 minutes to beat it.

With ASR's default settings I failed 7 or 8 times before giving up. I blame it on my crappy AI friends.

The enemy AI felt really good. They were moving a lot and suppressing me even more. In this specific recording they weren't using as much cover as in other. The flanking felt really logical/realistic too. When those GPs started flying I knew it was it. :p

Here's to testing this with the community and much bigger player counts... Let's hope the performance stays good.

Tested ASR AI while only running it on the dedicated server (Not client-side) and I didn't see any AI units pop smoke. The AI also seemed almost laser accurate (An AI started firing as he was turning towards me from a 180 degree angle until his rounds connected to me and killed me) and the AI did not try to hop on a technical's .50 cal turret amid the combat. I did not try to debug, but it makes me believe that only running it server-side and not client-side will result in no ASR AI applied.

I remember an ALiVE developer telling me a while back that if a client without AI mods trigger/activate the spawning of AI (Such as entering spawning range of an EOS marker) the AI spawned will inherit the client's lack of AI mods, AKA not result in modded AI. Something like that. Maybe at least one client needs it enabled? Or maybe the ALiVE guys were right that the activator needs ASR AI3 enabled also.

Read the FAQ in first post. I has been explained several times in this thread. This mod is more than just a few scripts, relies heavily on configs as well. You need those configs on all machines that host AI.

I remember an ALiVE developer telling me a while back that if a client without AI mods trigger/activate the spawning of AI (Such as entering spawning range of an EOS marker) the AI spawned will inherit the client's lack of AI mods, AKA not result in modded AI.

ALiVE modules have the option to spawn the AI on the server or a headless client, in addition to regular clients. As far as I can tell, ASR on just the server works just fine when ALiVE is set up to spawn AI on the server only.

This should apply to any other AI spawning method as well, the AI need to be created on the server.

Edited by Flamewave

New version up

- improved weapon shot detection; better detection overall; depends on weapon/ammo and environment conditions (forest,houses,wind,rain,night).

- tweaked hearing (no more spiderman senses)

- tweaked visibility at night (no more cat eye vision)

- radioing delay reduced a bit (now takes 5 to 10 sec to transmit, taking groups out quickly is recommended)

Enjoy!

You're a machine. Nice update!

- improved weapon shot detection; better detection overall; depends on weapon/ammo and environment conditions (forest,houses,wind,rain,night).

- radioing delay reduced a bit (now takes 5 to 10 sec to transmit, taking groups out quickly is recommended)

Awesome update Robalo, thanks a ton.

Is ASR meant to command AI into assaulting, breaching and clearing buildings? I remember hearing about it (or perhaps it was DAC) but I never saw it actually happen.

ASR (AlphaSquadRobalo) is meant to give you the best AI experience and "FairPlay", in whatever his brilliant mind finds compelling....!

ASR_AI3, is just a Brain for the AI. Not a commander. Tho the SLs,TLs, or Radio holders can/do give commands.

ASR_AI3, is just a Brain for the AI. Not a commander. Tho the SLs,TLs, or Radio holders can/do give commands.

I'm sorry but I'l have to be "that guy": You way off :). ASR tweaks many values that make some AI aspects depart from the BIS way to see things. It does not make the AI do more "thinking".

Semantics?

I guessed he was asking if they give scripted commands or some such.

As for thinking/Brain replacement. I stand by my comment. They think differently to the ARMAverse than Default. Like they have a whole new Brain... Or maybe its just Rob Brain washing them to be free thinkers as opposed to the BIS Borg Brainless AI Collective...(BBAC) . But that is just my opinion, from being the longest ASR_AI user other than Rob... but I am just a kklown... :)

You're not a "kklown", , you just (luckily for you probably) don't get the technical part of this. You know what they say about magic... :)

I've been testing ACE3+ASR+DAC and it works just fine. I can't say it works as intended because I haven't tested each mod separately enough to know their full effect, but so far so good.

I've been testing ACE3+ASR+DAC and it works just fine. I can't say it works as intended because I haven't tested each mod separately enough to know their full effect, but so far so good.

Thanks you!

BTW whats DAC?

DAC is a mod that helps you easily create 'Zones' with all kinds of very complex scenarios. Essentially making a mission flow more naturally than what you can do with vanilla/editor AI.

It has a steep learning curve but once you understand it, it's suuuuuper easy to use to create amazing missions. It also slightly modifies the AI's behavior, making them less predictable and more challanging.

Heh, can't give them a brain, just teach them a few new tricks and change the way they do stuff there and there :)

Used to have a few scripted actions to attack/reinforce near groups but I took them out because they fall out of the scope of this mod.

Seems people tend to overestimate the importance of an AI enhancement mod and underestimate proper mission design.