What happens with MOCAP mod ? why does it need a config ? If/when I start using this mod, I may configure something for it.

Edited by Robalo

Robalo, please consider to revert the changes of your current version...

AI Units are not investigating anymore to gunfire or when dropping a nade they go to combat mode for a few seconds, don't move and switch back to safe mode after around 10 seconds without even investigating either.

Previous version of my test scenario worked very well with older versions. AI Units investigated the position of my hidden player position around 75 meters hidden in a house. Some minutes later they usually end up investigating until entering the house and clean the situation.

Now when I open fire from said position they don't react as before (asr_ai3_main_gunshothearing = 1.25 didn't do a thing at 75 meters..., had to turn it up to 1.5+... btw what is the coefficient calculated from? 1.5 what? 150% of ..? no infos given.)

They just moved around 2 meters, then doing nothing. When fired again they just ignored it.

Turned up the value to 2.0 and still the same.

Skill was set ingame to maximum 1.0/100%.

Bcombat however still worked fine in this scenarion, as well as previous versions of asr ai, so I can exclude vanilla AI problems.

I never noticed the difference because the Play With Six version never updated my userconfig files. :391: Will try with the new configs.

Robalo, please consider to revert the changes of your current version...

AI Units are not investigating anymore to gunfire or when dropping a nade they go to combat mode for a few seconds, don't move and switch back to safe mode after around 10 seconds without even investigating either.

Previous version of my test scenario worked very well with older versions. AI Units investigated the position of my hidden player position around 75 meters hidden in a house. Some minutes later they usually end up investigating until entering the house and clean the situation.

Now when I open fire from said position they don't react as before (asr_ai3_main_gunshothearing = 1.25 didn't do a thing at 75 meters..., had to turn it up to 1.5+... btw what is the coefficient calculated from? 1.5 what? 150% of ..? no infos given.)

They just moved around 2 meters, then doing nothing. When fired again they just ignored it.

Turned up the value to 2.0 and still the same.

Skill was set ingame to maximum 1.0/100%.

Bcombat however still worked fine in this scenarion, as well as previous versions of asr ai, so I can exclude vanilla AI problems.

Would not make sense at all to revert adding something that increased awareness and reaction time. Plus as already indicated, that feature is entirely optional.

It helped increase awareness, contrary to what you're describing. If you need to learn more about the internals, you can always look at the source. GVAR (loudrange) is calculated in preinit as 1000 * gunshothearing coeff. from userconfig.

But hearing aids are not required for close range (<100m) because then engine level detection works just fine. So the script then exits without doing any reveal.

Please feel free to provide your test scenario and I'll take a look.

hello all, i have this new version on my server and i can attest that none of what you have posted about the AI i have experienced...

I installed @asr_ai3 as i normally do, after deleating all other associated files and reinstalling the new version. I reset all my config paramaters. and the ai are as smart as i want them to be..

I use the suppression effect from @tpwcas to judge how well there shooting at me... to help judge their accuracy.. I get suppressed but there inaccurate.

The AI dont have super hearing, but they flank, throw grenades, smoke. etc.

I turn down the AI skill multiplier in asrai config to 0.6,0.5,0.4 respectivly for blufor, opfor, Indi.

That creates some good bullet exchanges, and battles. allowing an actual fight to go down rather then insane accurate bot fighting.

I dont know what your server skill levels are set at but i have been able to dial mine down to a level where you can actually fight and not die right off the bat, as long as you keep moving...

How does this work in combination with ACE3 AI and DAC AI? Are they cancelling each other? Complementing each other by doing different things? One overrides the other?

Trying to make sense of all of this...

Ace_ai does not interfere with ASR. Not sure about DAC.

@Robalo - i have been using your mod for a long time with great results. I havent updated yet but before i do ill run some comparison tests between then2 versions to see if the issues reported above are warranted or not.

Ace_ai does not interfere with ASR. Not sure about DAC.

ACE3 AI doesn't, but ACE3 Hearing does as it uses audibleFire to calculate deafness. I am not sure if that was fixed with latest ASR AI 3 update though, but ACE3 will change how it does calculations to something else than that parameter anyways.

No vanilla test?

Let's review the changes:

- cfgaiskill aimingspeed reduced {0,0.5,1,1} -> {0,0.3,1,1} - can't see why aiming speed would be a factor for detection

- asr_ai3_main_fnc_firedEH added - this adds a variable reveal based on several factors, does not remove or reduce anything

- audiblefire reduced 16 -> 8 - this has to be it, it is about how much AI learns about the shooter

So looks like I have to either increase back audibleFire parameters, increase reveal amount on fired EH script or both.

Interesting to observe the behavior when you slightly alter the scenario, like shooting from outside the house, shooting from a different stance etc.

Edited by Robalo

How does this work in combination with ACE3 AI and DAC AI? Are they cancelling each other? Complementing each other by doing different things? One overrides the other? .

ASR_AI and DAC work great together.

Source: 5 years of using ASR_AI and DAC together :p

ASR_AI and DAC work great together.

Source: 5 years of using ASR_AI and DAC together :p

DAC sets the skill of the units it spawns.

Wouldn't it interfere with the ASR AI own setSkill values? I've been always curious how ASR does this (or when, to be exact) and which one would finally take effect.

I could be wrong, but if your mod load order loads DAC first and then ASR AI 3, ASR AI 3 should basically have the last say with the setSkill values.

Does DAC sets individual skills using skill array or just the general skill?

---------- Post added at 15:54 ---------- Previous post was at 14:40 ----------

I could be wrong, but if your mod load order loads DAC first and then ASR AI 3, ASR AI 3 should basically have the last say with the setSkill values.

If DAC uses the same method to "hook" into the spawning of units, maybe. But I don't think DAC operates that way. I think DAC set the skill of it's units right after spawning them and that's it. If that's the case, the question of which setting prevails stil stands unclear.

To be honest I just assumed ASR_AI had the final say in skill settings.. but good question...

So looks like I have to either increase back audibleFire parameters, increase reveal amount on fired EH script or both.

Interesting to observe the behavior when you slightly alter the scenario, like shooting from outside the house, shooting from a different stance etc.

That would be awesome :)

Couldn't duplicate any situation where the AI would behave differently than what has been shown on the video.

I tried outside the house, crouching, standing, even above 100+ meter range where the new 'hearing aids' would become active if I understand correctly, to no avail.

@ChuWie Thanks man. I'll revert back to the previous version until next release. I noticed much less contact in my missions, but assumed the non-random, randomizer crap, was acting up on me again.

To be honest I just assumed ASR_AI had the final say in skill settings.. but good question...

I don't remember how exactly DAC sets the skills, but ASR_AI does it right after unit is created in a init EH, without any delay. The way to find out would be to enable debug for this in userconfig, then after units are created to run code on them to check the skills, compare to the ones set by mine, found in RPT.

That would be awesome :)

Couldn't duplicate any situation where the AI would behave differently than what has been shown on the video.

I tried outside the house, crouching, standing, even above 100+ meter range where the new 'hearing aids' would become active if I understand correctly, to no avail.

Here it does make a difference. In your scenario, the AI detect me when shooting from outside the building or from crouched position. Also very interesting to see they do better with if I turn the hearing aids off (after tweaking ammo configs again), which leads me to believe that reveal with certain value might be able to lower the knowsabout if the value is lower. Will make sure that does not happen anymore. Min range means weapons with final calculated audible range below that do not reveal at all, did not explain it too well before. So if weapon is audible to 1000m, all units within that radius will be alerted, the closer they are the higher the reveal. Shooting from forests or houses reduces the audible range (was half, will crank up the coefficient). Also if near units are in forests or near houses their reveal is reduced same way.

My previous comments were based on recent gameplay experience, where after adding the new hearing helper I was getting swarmed inside a compound and defending myself was a lot harder than before. Different scenario/settings, different results. I smiled when I saw you quoted me in your YT video, must be famous :)

Edited by Robalo

I've asked Gienkov and he explained the way the AI difficulty and behavior is handled:

DAC can set skills but ASR always has priority.

Cheers,

BullHorn.

So if I use the Alive module that sets skill per faction, ASR will overwrite them?

I did notice an improvement with AI detection in your last update Robalo. This is good because after last game update the enemy would not come after me as much as they used to so thank you. Love the mod, been using it since A2.

Dedicated server is running ASR_AI and client is not. In this senario, when AI is spawned client side should I set skills with skill array or can it somehow inherit ASR skill settings from server? I'd rather not make the mod a client side requirement for a few recruited AI though I know I can check if the mod is initiated client side and if so exit a scripted skill setting function.

I am still unclear if ASR_AI needs to run on client in this situation. Is there a variable I can check to see if ASR skills have been applied to a unit?

I've asked Gienkov and he explained the way the AI difficulty and behavior is handled:

DAC can set skills but ASR always has priority.

Cheers,

BullHorn.

Thanks for clearing that up.

So if I use the Alive module that sets skill per faction, ASR will overwrite them?

Yes that is correct... I would also delete the skill module (or set it to 0%) if you are using ASR_AI

I did notice an improvement with AI detection in your last update Robalo. This is good because after last game update the enemy would not come after me as much as they used to so thank you. Love the mod, been using it since A2.

Dedicated server is running ASR_AI and client is not. In this senario, when AI is spawned client side should I set skills with skill array or can it somehow inherit ASR skill settings from server? I'd rather not make the mod a client side requirement for a few recruited AI though I know I can check if the mod is initiated client side and if so exit a scripted skill setting function.

I am still unclear if ASR_AI needs to run on client in this situation. Is there a variable I can check to see if ASR skills have been applied to a unit?

Skills for all units (local or remote) are set by server. You can enable debug and check RPT to see them.

Is it safe to run this mod on the server only, with the server init command "-serverMod=@ASR_AI3;" for example? Or must it be enabled via -mods=? I'm assuming it makes no difference, but figured I'd ask anyway to be sure.