Since the latest update (possibly including 0.9.21) I've noticed AI controlled transport helicopters being very timid, breaking off any attempt to land if they are engaged by a lone infantry.

Before that (and with vanilla AI) I could get them to land reliably even under fire by disabling their "Target"/"Autotarget" AI and setting allowFleeing to 0.

Any idea what could have caused this?

Edited by Wolfenswan

Set their behavior to careless. Not only works but it's also how it's supposed to be done. Gunners will still engage any hostiles.

Set their behavior to careless. Not only works but it's also how it's supposed to be done. Gunners will still engage any hostiles.

Careless does help but is undesirable, as it'll always enable the AI's light and enforce other unwanted behavior.

Careless does help but is undesirable, as it'll always enable the AI's light and enforce other unwanted behavior.

For transport choppers, it's the way to go. No unwanted behavior. I've been using it since the OFP days. Any other configuration will produce what you are describing as an ASR_AI's fault.

With the current release of your excellent mod Robalo, I wanted to know if I keep the asr_ai3_settings.hpp file in the userconfig folder or is it no longer required? Thank You again for your hard work in developing this excellent mod. I could not be without it now as the tailoring of AI to each specific map that are group makes is indispensable.:D

The .hpp file in userconfig got replaced by the 2 .sqf files...

Short Questen.

I read in this thread that it's better to turn of the AGM_AI. So for the upcomming ACE 3 its the same? just delete the ace_ai.pbo?

btw, Robalao, thanks the "dostop this" Command works perfect.

Hello roblo.

It seems that when I spawn group of AI, they start running and taking items from other Ai from their group (I am not touching them at all)..

Can you look on it please?

You can change the likelihood of the AI re arming in the userconfig

I read in this thread that it's better to turn of the AGM_AI. So for the upcomming ACE 3 its the same? just delete the ace_ai.pbo?

Yes, just delete the ACE_AI.pbo files and ACE 3 should be compatible with ASR AI 3 no problem.

Haven't used this in awhile (1 year haha), how's the AI spot distance?

Yes, just delete the ACE_AI.pbo files and ACE 3 should be compatible with ASR AI 3 no problem.

In theory, ACE_AI is built to be compatible with ASR AI

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/ai.html

1.5 No scripting

All changes of ACE 3 AI are config based to ensure full compatibility with advanced AI modifications like ASR AI.

In theory, ACE_AI is built to be compatible with ASR AI

http://ace3mod.com/wiki/feature/ai.html

1.5 No scripting

All changes of ACE 3 AI are config based to ensure full compatibility with advanced AI modifications like ASR AI.

Not true, ace_hearing is setting audibleFire values to set deafness in hearing module, ASR AI changes those values so there is an issue with that. That will be removed in one of the future versions and replaced by some calculations, reference: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/619

How much would someone recommend this mod and what does it improve on from the vanilla AI?

It is by far the best AI improvement mod you can find.

Try it out yourself.

It feels like fighting a real enemy. :D

Not true, ace_hearing is setting audibleFire values to set deafness in hearing module, ASR AI changes those values so there is an issue with that. That will be removed in one of the future versions and replaced by some calculations, reference: https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/619

Looking at the code can't see where the addon "hearing" is making any changes to audibleFire.

Looking at the code can't see where the addon "hearing" is making any changes to audibleFire.

No, ASR AI changes it, ACE3's module Hearing uses the value to determine ear ringing/deafness.

Best way is:

Place down some CSAT and a bit further some NATO. You self will be Civilian and then start the mission. Are they throwing Smokes to conceal themself? Congratz, its correctly "installed"!

Do we need the latest RHS config in the main OP or not? Whats the difference with and without?

Guess I'll have to move all the pbo addons to my arma 3 addons folder, for some reason simply extracting it to my arma 3 folder and running the launch parameter does not work. Wish there was a proper mod manager that made this easier.

Arma 3 has a built in mod manager (kinda). I use Play With Six (run as admin or the userconfigs wont install) to download all my mods, once setup properly the A3 launcher will auto detect them. Simply select the ones you want and click play.

Seemed to help a lot, so do I just add the addons I want into a collection and then run that collection thereby running all of the mode properly?

Can someone help me install this please on my dedi server? add me on steam name is KILLAWAY

Can someone help me install this please on my dedi server? add me on steam name is KILLAWAY

Have you read the instructions in first post ?