@ Rabalo thanks for all your hard work with the new updates, I do have one question though.

When using MCC /GAIA with asr_ai3, and the AI spot each other, they both go prone and stay prone.

Normally with GAIA the AI will keep moving to attack/defend and this keeps the game momentum going.

Could they be conflicting with your mod?

@ Rabalo thanks for all your hard work with the new updates, I do have one question though.

When using MCC /GAIA with asr_ai3, and the AI spot each other, they both go prone and stay prone.

Normally with GAIA the AI will keep moving to attack/defend and this keeps the game momentum going.

Could they be conflicting with your mod?

I have no idea, haven't tried MCC in a while. But this mod is not setting any waypoints or forcing that behavior.

I saw AI heading to cover and starting to "twitch" very rapidly from left to right, changing their doWatch. It's quite possible that it's caused by vanilla behavior but just wanted to mention it here, in case other's see this behavior to with 0.9.20.

It look a bit like the "stuck AI" bug seen in the 1.43 dev branch but afaik that one has been fixed.

I saw AI heading to cover and starting to "twitch" very rapidly from left to right, changing their doWatch. It's quite possible that it's caused by vanilla behavior but just wanted to mention it here, in case other's see this behavior to with 0.9.20.

It look a bit like the "stuck AI" bug seen in the 1.43 dev branch but afaik that one has been fixed.

I haven't noticed this. Is this with 1.42 stable ? How about ASR AI 0.9.19 ? Did you see it then ?

I haven't noticed this. Is this with 1.42 stable ? How about ASR AI 0.9.19 ? Did you see it then ?

Yes and no, but as I couldn't reproduce it within a few tries I can't say for sure if it might have happened before without me noticing.

bit confused - just downloaded the latest version and don't seem to have any .hpp files to drop into my userconfig folder like I had in the last version they seem to be in .sqf files this time (strangely 2 a settings and a settings_ss file? - help please?

bit confused - just downloaded the latest version and don't seem to have any .hpp files to drop into my userconfig folder like I had in the last version they seem to be in .sqf files this time (strangely 2 a settings and a settings_ss file? - help please?

userconfig files were switched to sqf since v.0.9.14, long time ago, see changelog in first post. If you read that or at least the first couple lines in those 2 files you will see that it's nothing strange about it.

robalo thanks for the answer!

so basically I just need to delete my old .hpp files and copy in the .sqf in the same userconfig folder and it will work - also why are there x2 one with a _ss prefix?

jonpas thanks - so as I don't play MP I wont need this file - also just to clarify this .sqf file just replaces the .hpp files in the userconfig folder or did I mis understand?

Updated first post:

F.A.Q.

Q: Should I install this mod on servers, clients, both ? What about headless clients ?

A: Always install it on servers and headless clients. Having it installed on clients is required if you are running AI groups commanded by clients or use Zeus. I generally recommend having it installed everywhere.

Q: Where do I put all these files ?

A: Add the @ASR_AI3 dir to your mod collection (directory of choice, can be main Arma 3 dir or another place you load mods from); The userconfig files should always be placed into <main Arma 3 dir>\userconfig\asr_ai3\; The bikey file is required only for hosting a MP game, goes into <main Arma 3 dir>\keys. Always make sure to do a clean install, removing any files from previous versions.

Q: Why are there 2 files in userconfig ? Do I need them ?

A: In MP, the configuration is loaded on the server into a public variable and sent to all connecting clients so that server settings are always enforced. Some settings are only applicable on servers so they were split into a separate file (ends with _ss - server side) because it would be a waste of traffic to send those to clients that don't need them. All these files are required for servers and single player games.

Hi, @Robalo, how about some settings for AI to use their grenades and AT units with HE rockets rounds to use them against infantry units?

Hello,

Thank you for this mod Robalo, it really improved our experience.

Maybe this has already been asked, and if so I***apologise, but here goes:

In my unit, we make heavy use of the DAC to spawn our IA, unfortunately, it binds them to its IA improvement script. I still don't know wich one has the upper hand, the DAC or the ASR AI.

If the AI is bound te the DAC behavior scripts, is there anyway to disable the ASR AI mission side? The idea is to avoid a server restart to switch of the ASR AI in our missions using the DAC.

Love how the AI can now suppress in full-auto. Is there a way RPGs can be made to be less accurate? Or chance for slight dispersion in the rocket's trajectory if an AI fires it? I love the RPGs in the mix too, but they can be dead on sometimes lol

Hi, @Robalo, how about some settings for AI to use their grenades and AT units with HE rockets rounds to use them against infantry units?

They do that already, it's all in the ammo config. Problem is when they have AT loaded and HE in their backpack, they don't load the HE rounds to engage infantry with them. Same problem with the tanks using their main guns.

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:58 ----------

Hello,

Thank you for this mod Robalo, it really improved our experience.

Maybe this has already been asked, and if so I***apologise, but here goes:

In my unit, we make heavy use of the DAC to spawn our IA, unfortunately, it binds them to its IA improvement script. I still don't know wich one has the upper hand, the DAC or the ASR AI.

If the AI is bound te the DAC behavior scripts, is there anyway to disable the ASR AI mission side? The idea is to avoid a server restart to switch of the ASR AI in our missions using the DAC.

DAC behavior scripts should complement my mod nicely, don't think there's any conflict. In any case, if you want to configure certain aspects or disable it completely for a mission you can simply assign variables in your init.sqf same as they go in the userconfig files.

---------- Post added at 16:07 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

Love how the AI can now suppress in full-auto. Is there a way RPGs can be made to be less accurate? Or chance for slight dispersion in the rocket's trajectory if an AI fires it? I love the RPGs in the mix too, but they can be dead on sometimes lol

I haven't played with dispersion coefficients for RPGs but they can be tweaked of course, so that unit's skill matters more.

After updating to 9.2 my dedicated server will not completely start up. It appears to finish without error but clients will not connect to it. RPT doesn't show errors (that I can tell) but the last line never shows up when things are working properly (last line being "Connected to Steam servers"). Also I can tell something is not quite right because the console version and port do not show in the Dedi server title bar (Windows obviously).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

After updating to 9.2 my dedicated server will not completely start up. It appears to finish without error but clients will not connect to it. RPT doesn't show errors (that I can tell) but the last line never shows up when things are working properly (last line being "Connected to Steam servers"). Also I can tell something is not quite right because the console version and port do not show in the Dedi server title bar (Windows obviously).

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Noticed similar reports in the CBA thread. You may try shuffling mods order, also test with an empty mpmissions folder to see if it isn't a broken mission causing it.

Noticed similar reports in the CBA thread. You may try shuffling mods order, also test with an empty mpmissions folder to see if it isn't a broken mission causing it.

Swapping ASR and CBA order did the trick. Did not have this issue before .2 however.

Thanks for the idea. Can't believe I forgot to try it.

Is that mean load the CBA and ASR first or lasr in server?Load them in the correct order?

Is that mean load the CBA and ASR first or lasr in server?Load them in the correct order?

i load cba first, then ACE, then other mods (RHS/Maps) and ASR last.