how do i enable debug? I tested again and i noticed that the 3 russians grenadiers, they shoot at me more and faster when i sit in a humvee and shoot at them with the 50cal. when i shoot at them only with my rifle, only one out of 3 fire back and only ~5shots/1min. They dont have scopes, i didnt see them on their weapons. i placed them with Zeus. If they had better scopes, i think they could do that, even perhaps with a higher ammount of shots needed. But with only iron sight, it seems impossible to me, or simple too hard if you want to play coop the good way.

-mod=@CBA_A3;@AllInArmaTerrainPack;@ASR_AI3;@ASDG_JR;@task_force_radio;@taw_viewdistance;@agm;@RHAFRF;@RHUSF; (both server and client, all newest versions)

snip

Are you on dev or stable? I was experiencing close behavior getting sniped out of humvees and stuff it's probably related to the absurd accuracy levels that stable AI have at the moment.

On Dev branch I get an error message

"Warning Message: Script variables\fn_undefCheck.sqf not found" on launch.

In game, when using silenced weapons, I will get the following error:

...itWith {

;
};

;

_snda = getArray(_cfg>>_sndclass>>"soundbegin");
;
if (count >
Error position: <>>_sndclass>>"soundbegin");
;
if (count >
Error >>: Type Number, expected String
File x\asr_ai3\addons\main\fnc_firedEH.sqf, line 72

popping up every 30 seconds or so while in a firefight.

I assumed this was just because we run dev branch but from this thread it seems like most people are getting along just fine on dev.

EDIT: it seems to only happen when someone is using DLC weapons.

Edited by EvilJoven

@EvilJoven

First one is happening on dev with CBA only, not caused by this mod.

For the second, it's caused by the way sounds are defined for DLC weapons: sounds[] = {"StandardSound", 1};

Until next update, you should disable gunshothearing (set to 0) in userconfig. I am removing scripted hearing aids (fired event handler) for bullets anyway.

Couple of quick questions iF I may.

A. Is "asr_ai3_rhs036_config" needed for the two RHS mods?

B. If yes, do the two files go in the ASR_AI3 addon folder or the userconfig asr_ai3 folder.

Missions using RHSUSF & RHSAFRF inf seem to be unaffected with regards to accuracy they're super AI once again.:butbut:

Noticed in latest ASR_AI3:

- AI mount vehicle turrets even if the vehicle is locked

- AI mount vehicle turrets even if their ammo is empty

I assume line 6 in fnc_getInWeapons needs to be:

_weapons = [getposATL _leader, vehicles, 100, {_x emptypositions "Gunner" > 0 && (locked _x != 2) && (ammo _x > 0) && !(_x isKindOf "Plane")}] call FUNC(getNearest);

Edited by Wolfenswan

Noticed in latest ASR_AI3:

- AI mount vehicle turrets even if the vehicle is locked

- AI mount vehicle turrets even if their ammo is empty

I assume line 6 in fnc_getInWeapons needs to be:

_weapons = [getposATL _leader, vehicles, 100, {_x emptypositions "Gunner" > 0 && (locked _x != 2) && (ammo _x > 0) && !(_x isKindOf "Plane")}] call FUNC(getNearest);

Thanks for the suggestions, implemented. For the ammo thing, added a getin EH and if turret has no more ammo or 5 to 10 minutes passed the unit will get out.

https://github.com/robalo/mods/blob/master/asr_ai3/addons/main/fnc_getInWeapons.sqf

_x emptypositions "Gunner" > 0

Be adviced empyPositions does not return true for vehicles with dead gunners. Something like

(_vehicle fnc_hasGunner) && {!alive gunner _vehicle}

should render better results.

_x emptypositions "Gunner" > 0

Be adviced empyPositions does not return true for vehicles with dead gunners. Something like

(_vehicle fnc_hasGunner) && {!alive gunner _vehicle}

should render better results.

fnc_hasGunner ?!

fnc_hasGunner ?!

Well, you have to write one up :). But you can PM me if you want mine.

SAC_fnc_hasGunner = {

//

private ["_vehicle", "_crew"];

_vehicle = _this select 0;

if (_vehicle emptyPositions "Gunner" > 0) then {

true

} else {

_crew = fullCrew [_vehicle, "Gunner"];

if (count _crew > 0) then {

true

} else {

false

};

};

};

Edited by seba1976

But isn't that kinda the point, that AI mount statics to replace a dead gunner? :P

But isn't that kinda the point, that AI mount statics to replace a dead gunner? :P

I was going to use that argument too :P Too much trouble, I think it will be fine.

I was going to use that argument too :P Too much trouble, I think it will be fine.

Like I said, empyPositions does NOT return true for vehicles with dead gunners. So AI will never mount a gunner position if a previous AI unit died in that position, using only emptyPositions. I don't know a clearer way to explain it.

Are you on dev or stable? I was experiencing close behavior getting sniped out of humvees and stuff it's probably related to the absurd accuracy levels that stable AI have at the moment.

Of course im on stable. Beside that, its good that ai return fire on 6-800m if they had the right scope and of course not with that accuracy. If i can fire back with my rifle and the right scope, they also should.

Robalo: Did you think about my idea some pages ago to tune the vehicles? They have better optics, so they should see further and start/return fire better (higher max spotting distance). Perhaps need to tune down the reaction time. We often spot tanks/APC that standing around and dont care about infantry that much. The problem is: when an vehicle with a gun is in combat, his reaction/spotting time is so quick, even flaking is often inpossible.

Can it be that AGM will cause this i posted above?? https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/wiki

Edited by Numrollen

Well, you have to write one up :). But you can PM me if you want mine.

<CODE snipped>

Good spot, Seba - will you make a ticket (seems like a bug to me).

Thanks for the code fix.

@Seba

OK, will do something about it. Thanks for the code !

EDIT: something like this I think:

FUNC(canMountAIGunner) = {
if (locked _this == 2) exitWith {false};
if (_this emptypositions "Gunner" > 0) exitWith {true};
{!alive (_x select 0)} count fullCrew [_this, "gunner"] > 0;
};

@Numrollen

It's not happening here so either you are exaggerating or you have some mods/configs/scripts in place that I don't. That is why I was asking for RPT.

Set debug to 1 in asrai3 userconfig (it's set to 0 by default). Also provide link to your test scenario.

Remove all mods but ASRAI3 and CBA when testing. I can't test RHS currently because I'm on dev and the latest RHS I have (0.3.6) was made for stable.

I don't know about AGM either. It does contain AI configs that my mod is also adjusting so your experience may change when using it's AI module but I doubt that's the real problem.

I might tinker with vehicles too at some point but it's not that high up on my list. Maybe tweak the sensitivity and the cansee parameters in config.

Edited by Robalo

I might tinker with vehicles too at some point but it's not that high up on my list. Maybe tweak the sensitivity and the cansee parameters in config.

+10

Field of view and focal-arc/covered-arc when in optics, along with Thermal should have a massive increase in "cansee".Or basically any optic.

But being aware while in a vehicle or even more so "buttoned up" in a Tank is reduced. So great vision but "tone deaf"

Also being on the radio array should help them looking.

Releasing 0.9.19 in advance of the upcoming stable patch. Note that this version hasn't been tested with anything else than current 1.43 branch.

Changes

- tweaked suppression in ammo config; overall larger radius for bullet detection and smaller radius for suppression

- added config tweaks for Mark DLC content

- reduced AI dispersion coefficients to counter for factors which in latest game builds quickly degrade AI's accuracy (suppression, fatigue etc.)

- tweaked AI rate of fire using aiRateOfFireDispersion so they sound more like humans shooting

- tweaked suppressor AmmoCoef so they're hiding the shooter from AI a bit better

- removed 'dayscope' feature; too much trouble to maintain and had special requirements

- preinit and postinit code moved to cfgFunctions

- asr_ai3_main_radiorange is now the single userconfig setting for inter-group info sharing (set to 0 to disable feature or a positive number to define range in meters for comms)

- sync object view distance on dedicated and HC dynamically along with viewdistance (since object distance is now what matters for AI vision)

- removed hearing aids for bullet detection from fired EH since this is now better handled by the engine

- improvements for AI mounting weapons: don't go into locked vehicles; don't go into tanks; replace dead gunners; get out when out of ammo or after 5 to 10 minutes

- general subskill no longer modified ("general" in userconfig modifies only these: "courage","reloadSpeed","commanding")

- defaults in userconfig changed, make sure to update them too

- added teamswitch handler: enables fatigue for player and disables it for AI in his group; makes current player-controlled unit group leader; lets AI keep up with the player and prevents AI from giving stupid orders

Now looking forward to next game update even more. Thanks for your great work on this Robalo. :)

im getting and message and everytime i play, i cant load any saves. the message is Addon asr_ai3_main requires addon A3_weapons_f_mark. Any help?

If you had read the posting you should know that the newest version is intented to work with the DEV Version or/and upcoming Stablebranch.

general subskill no longer modified

Care to elaborate why?

Edited by Wolfenswan