Hmmmm ive tested it a few times. The AI are spread evenly over 3 HCs. When we engage 1 group and wait approx 30 seconds, only about a 3rd of the other AI groups go active, even tho the other ones might be right next to active groups.

this would indicate that the radionet is only working on the 1 HC relative to the first AI group that was engaged.

Are the other groups close enough (radiorange defined in userconfig) ? Turn on debug in userconfig and check RPT after testing, you will see who's sending what where.

Hello,

I noticed today that AI doesn't put away the NV goggles during the day, despite the setting...

I tried with ASR AI as only mod. Is it normal ?

Is there any config out there, for a solid AI setting regarding skill and accuracy? Like default Blufor and Opfor would be great. I actually don't get the array :/ What do you recommend for the server setting? Just found out that it's available for A3, loved it in A2

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

Hello,

I noticed today that AI doesn't put away the NV goggles during the day, despite the setting...

I tried with ASR AI as only mod. Is it normal ?

What game and mod version ? Could be the unit did not have enough space to store NVG in their vest/ruck etc.

---------- Post added at 16:58 ---------- Previous post was at 16:57 ----------

Is there any config out there, for a solid AI setting regarding skill and accuracy? Like default Blufor and Opfor would be great. I actually don't get the array :/ What do you recommend for the server setting? Just found out that it's available for A3, loved it in A2

Have you tried default settings ? Are they too hard or too easy ?

What game and mod version ? Could be the unit did not have enough space to store NVG in their vest/ruck etc.

Procedure : Launch last stable build, open editor, spawn a group of NATO (or AAF, or CSAT) soldiers = NVG on helmets.

Procedure : Launch last stable build, open editor, spawn a group of NATO (or AAF, or CSAT) soldiers = NVG on helmets.

Did you wait a couple minutes ?

Yes, you're right :)

A minute or so and most of NVGs goes to backpack.

Thank you.

Default settings work fine for us (COOP dedicated missions)

We have increased building and static ussage though, and decreased smoke ussage (which Rob has actually done too officially in last version).

Any plans on updating RHS config by the way? What's more, it would be actually neccesary to have it now?

Any plans on updating RHS config by the way? What's more, it would be actually neccesary to have it now?

If you use RHS and this mod I recommend using the config. It applies the same config AI tweaks to the RHS units and weapons as it does to vanilla units and weapons.

I completely forgot about uploading this one, had it done long ago. Here you go: http://dev.withsix.com/attachments/download/22589/asr_ai3_rhs036_config.zip

Edited by Robalo

If you use RHS and this mod I recommend using the config. It applies the same config AI tweaks to the RHS units and weapons as it does to vanilla units and weapons.

I completely forgot about uploading this one, had it done long ago. Here you go: http://dev.withsix.com/attachments/download/22589/asr_ai3_rhs036_config.zip

Thanks a lot.

Hi. Playing the campaign on Elite. I've had a couple of moments where the friendly AI Team Leader in Survive missions goes prone and will stop moving. It breaks the mission. I try to reload the mission without ASR AI3 but Arma says I cannot load my previous save (from resume) without it. Spent 45 minute shooting a lot of enemy, everything is done, the damn TL just needs to walk into the Secure marker and the mission is over! This same behaviour happened during the first mission when you have to get to maxwell; the TL that time went prone in front of the Armor at X-Ray and wouldn't move.

Anyone got a fix for this?

Is this compatible with Leights OPFOR Pack?

Edit: Nevermind searched the thread, should work fine.

Edited by plsgo

was just trying to play CTI with ASR AI and an AI Team (not commander) somehow unlocked the MHQ and drove into battle. Not sure if that was an anomaly by arma or by ASR AI?

was just trying to play CTI with ASR AI and an AI Team (not commander) somehow unlocked the MHQ and drove into battle. Not sure if that was an anomaly by arma or by ASR AI?

Not of this mod. The AI may enter empty gunner positions but that's it.

Next update I'm going to prevent them getting into tanks. Should fix getting stuck at the start of the campaign because the enemy is taking over that Blufor AA on the top of the hill.

Is the AI Skill level module working for everyone else? I'm having aimbotty ai problems on my dedicated server even with mods disabled and difficulties edited. I'm starting to run out of ideas here.

I've had three instances of the AI TL for the mission stopping, going prone and then not moving on. One time he kept saying "running low on ammo". I shot the legs on the third time, the TL healed himself in crouch, then stayed in crouch position.

I exited Arma, restarted, resumed the mission from last save and the issue did not re-occur.

Just letting you know cos I'm only running ASR AI3 and CBA with the campaign.

---------- Post added at 05:55 ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 ----------

Not of this mod. The AI may enter empty gunner positions but that's it.

Next update I'm going to prevent them getting into tanks. Should fix getting stuck at the start of the campaign because the enemy is taking over that Blufor AA on the top of the hill.

Oh that reminds me! On Elite Difficulty, during Drawdown (first Survive mission), an AAF unit jumped into the Armor at X-Ray's Gunner position. This was one of the instances where the TL went prone and wouldn't move. I think maybe cos of the tank, the AI went prone to avoid detection until the tank drove past? Maybe?

Yeah, I guess they need an all clear to advance to the next waypoint. It's how the mission was scripted, a bit too linear for my taste if you ask me.

Is the AI Skill level module working for everyone else? I'm having aimbotty ai problems on my dedicated server even with mods disabled and difficulties edited. I'm starting to run out of ideas here.

I had the same problem yesterday. And I don't know why..

There's a bug in 1.40 stable where setSkill "sub-skill" overrides all other sub-skills too.

Thus:

_unit setSkill ["accuracy",0.2];
_unit setSkill ["courage",1];

_unit skill "accuracy" == 1;

This has been fixed in dev.

There's a bug in 1.40 stable where setSkill "sub-skill" overrides all other sub-skills too.

Thus:

_unit setSkill ["accuracy",0.2];
_unit setSkill ["courage",1];

_unit skill "accuracy" == 1;

This has been fixed in dev.

Thank you so much for the reply, I've been working for hours trying to fix it on my end. So I guess it's time for the waiting game. There's no workaround I'm assuming?

Thank you so much for the reply, I've been working for hours trying to fix it on my end. So I guess it's time for the waiting game. There's no workaround I'm assuming?

Either stick to legacy 1.38 branch or to dev branch until next official stable comes out. 1.40 is broken in so many ways...

We've taken to run {_x setSkill 0.45} forEach allUnits via debug console at the beginning of each mission (and more often if a ZEUS is present).

With precisionAI on server.cfg set to 0.15 (skillAI around 0.85) this yields acceptable results.

RHS Russian normal soldier killed me within 6 shots @ 880m only with iron sight and an AK. Very hard. I like your RHS Support, thx but is this a bug or normal? Its very hard if you get sniped that way.

RHS Russian normal soldier killed me within 6 shots @ 880m only with iron sight and an AK. Very hard. I like your RHS Support, thx but is this a bug or normal? Its very hard if you get sniped that way.

Not possible. Provide RPT (with debug enabled) and repro scenario as and I might be able to tell you what is wrong.

With my mods/configs, they would not even engage at that range unless they'd have a sniper scope mounted on the weapon.

Note that RHS has some scopes like 1P29 or the PSO-1 incorrectly configured as sniper scopes (opticType = 2).

My config fixes that, making them opticType = 1 (same as all vanilla 4X scopes are configured). That setting determines which weapon mode AI will pick (how far it will shoot, how accurate and the rate of fire).

Edited by Robalo