I'd be suprised if AGM_AI and ASR_AI3 would not conflict. Also there has to be a mention of ASR_AI3 running when booting the server, otherwise it's def. not active.

I'd be suprised if AGM_AI and ASR_AI3 would not conflict. Also there has to be a mention of ASR_AI3 running when booting the server, otherwise it's def. not active.

Do you know how to activate ASR_AI3 And deactivate agm's?

(Still i need to use agm, as we know he has alot of features...)

No experience with AGM directly, I only know that AGM is modular and disabling AGM_AI should be very straightforward. Check their documentation or wait until someone with experiences on that chimes in here.

No experience with AGM directly, I only know that AGM is modular and disabling AGM_AI should be very straightforward. Check their documentation or wait until someone with experiences on that chimes in here.

Alright then, thank you!

Simply remove "agm_ai.pbo" from @agm/addons.

Simply remove "agm_ai.pbo" from @agm/addons.

Do i need only remove and reupload to the server (clan server)

or everyone need to remove and than reupload to the server?

Everyone needs to have it removed. It's always preferable everyone runs exactly same mods (except Visuals/Sounds).

Everyone needs to have it removed. It's always preferable everyone runs exactly same mods (except Visuals/Sounds).

Gotcha, and same with the AISS as i thought??

Gotcha, and same with the AISS as i thought??

Wouldn't know about that, sorry.

I'm having a very strange problem. Maybe I don't understand the config properly. I have several opfor factions with a skill level of 3-6. They consistently trash a faction with a skill level of 1. Even when they have the same weapons and gear. 2 opfor groups will take three to four casualties. The entire blufor or independent force will look like Swiss cheese. Here is my config.

http://pastebin.com/A4qg7s2H

edit: I just tried flipping the numbers so that blufor have a higher value for there skills and opfor has a value of one. Blufor eliminated opfor very easily. Why do the numbers above the skill settings show that units get worse with higher skill values?

Edited by CitazenMan

I'm having a very strange problem. Maybe I don't understand the config properly. I have several opfor factions with a skill level of 3-6. They consistently trash a faction with a skill level of 1. Even when they have the same weapons and gear. 2 opfor groups will take three to four casualties. The entire blufor or independent force will look like Swiss cheese. Here is my config.

http://pastebin.com/A4qg7s2H

edit: I just tried flipping the numbers so that blufor have a higher value for there skills and opfor has a value of one. Blufor eliminated opfor very easily. Why do the numbers above the skill settings show that units get worse with higher skill values?

First of all, you are using too high faction coefficients. They multiply the skill values, like this:

Say you have a unit classified as level 4 - regular grunt. From your config we can see that spotting would get set, if we'd ignore the faction coefficient, to values between 0.25 and 0.45. Now let's consider a faction coefficient of 5. Results in setskill assigning values from 1 to 2.25 ! You should not set skills larger than 1, that may cause unexpected results.

Another problem is that 1.40 is bugged because when you apply a value to a subskill it gets applied to all other subskills so here because spotting are set last, you end up with spotting values applied for everything due to the bug.

First of all, you are using too high faction coefficients. They multiply the skill values, like this:

Say you have a unit classified as level 4 - regular grunt. From your config we can see that spotting would get set, if we'd ignore the faction coefficient, to values between 0.25 and 0.45. Now let's consider a faction coefficient of 5. Results in setskill assigning values from 1 to 2.25 ! You should not set skills larger than 1, that may cause unexpected results.

Another problem is that 1.40 is bugged because when you apply a value to a subskill it gets applied to all other subskills so here because spotting are set last, you end up with spotting values applied for everything due to the bug.

If anyone is really good at the ASR configuring maby somone can make a video tutorial? My AI is ok to fight but i really wish i knew 100% of what i was doing in that config file :P

thanks I think this helps me. i believe what i misunderstood is that the number next to the faction is a multiplier of the skills in total. I thought that the number next to the faction set all units in the faction to the assigned skill level. Just to clear this up for good, here's what I'm seeing.

I thought ["OPF_F",4] meant that all CSAT units would be classified as level 4 - regular grunt. this actually means that CSAT units will have 4 times the amount of skill?

To actually assign units a skill level, you must place their individual class name between the [] under asr_ai3_main_levels_units = [

let me know if i still have this wrong. Thanks for being so active in helping.

edit: also, do i seprate the units in the leveld units section by adding commas or semicolons. for instance [class_name, another_class] or [class_name;another_class]. Once i have this all figured out I'm definitely making a video for everyone.

Edited by CitazenMan

Does your addon use setSkill(array) or modify cfgSkills? Because I think the latter works fine, as it is a modifier for the general skill set by setSkill(number) or in the editor.

Does your addon use setSkill(array) or modify cfgSkills? Because I think the latter works fine, as it is a modifier for the general skill set by setSkill(number) or in the editor.

It is using setskill array and it is not changing cfgAISkill class.

Hello Robalo !

I think I found a bug here : I have last version of the mod

and when I launch the virtual arsenal to kill every AI I find with machine gun (actually pretty easy to reproduce) stutters begin to appear fast !

I tried to use logic and have disabled the seekcover variable (telling myself that computer could try to find covers where there are none) and that stopped the lag for me.

I hope that feedback could be helpful in some way.

Edited by NikoTeen

Hello Robalo !

I think I found a bug here : I have last version of the mod

and when I launch the virtual arsenal to kill every AI I find with machine gun (actually pretty easy to reproduce) stutters begin to appear fast !

I tried to use logic and have disabled the seekcover variable (telling myself that computer could try to find covers where there are none) and that stopped the lag for me.

I hope that feedback could be helpful in some way.

Thanks for the report, but I could not reproduce it.

Picked up Zafir, started mowing down AI in VA, FPS stays at vsync-capped 60.

What version of the game is it and what kind of hardware you're running on ? Have you reproduced this with only CBA and ASR AI ?

Thanks for the report, but I could not reproduce it.

Picked up Zafir, started mowing down AI in VA, FPS stays at vsync-capped 60.

What version of the game is it and what kind of hardware you're running on ? Have you reproduced this with only CBA and ASR AI ?

Yes actually, I don't use many mods and when seekcover is disabled, the stutters is prevented. I tried as well without any others mods (only ASR AI and CBA) and that didn't happen also, you are right.

So it must be indeed a third party mod somehow that generates such unlikely behavior. It becomes more and more complex to stay out of issues with all the patches and such broad array of mods :-/...

hey robalo, ASR is working great. just one request if its possible, the radionet doesnt seem to be communicating between AI that are on a different headless clients (we run 3). i guess no matter what kind of machine, if they are different they probably wont communicate to each other.

is there a way we can make this happen ourselves or do u plan on doing it in an update? or is it not possible?

thanks

hey robalo, ASR is working great. just one request if its possible, the radionet doesnt seem to be communicating between AI that are on a different headless clients (we run 3). i guess no matter what kind of machine, if they are different they probably wont communicate to each other.

is there a way we can make this happen ourselves or do u plan on doing it in an update? or is it not possible?

thanks

Are you sure about that ? It's not easy to replicate and I don't see a reason for it not to be working already. What happens is when a unit needs to share info about a target it gets all groups with radio in range and does a reveal on each group leader.

https://github.com/robalo/mods/blob/master/asr_ai3/addons/main/fnc_broadcastInfo.sqf

https://github.com/robalo/mods/blob/master/asr_ai3/addons/main/fnc_sendInfo.sqf

Github code might be slightly out of date but the logic remains.

@Robalo: How does the player group integrates with this radio net? Does contacts the player knows about are communicated to other groups? Does the player receive info about targets that AI groups know about?

From my tests today in a2, reveal when sent from another computer may be delayed (sometimes it was 20seconds iirc)

@Robalo: How does the player group integrates with this radio net? Does contacts the player knows about are communicated to other groups? Does the player receive info about targets that AI groups know about?

If player has AI in group the information propagated from player to his own grouped AI may then be transmitted further to other AI groups. Player can receive the info too, I expect enemy markers will come up on map if sufficient info is gained and if you have that stuff turned on in difficulty settings.

If player has AI in group the information propagated from player to his own grouped AI may then be transmitted further to other AI groups. Player can receive the info too, I expect enemy markers will come up on map if sufficient info is gained and if you have that stuff turned on in difficulty settings.

To be honest, I started seeing that only maybe a couple versions ago, but I haven't make the connection with the radio net feature yet. Now I think it's great.

Are you sure about that ? It's not easy to replicate and I don't see a reason for it not to be working already. What happens is when a unit needs to share info about a target it gets all groups with radio in range and does a reveal on each group leader.

https://github.com/robalo/mods/blob/master/asr_ai3/addons/main/fnc_broadcastInfo.sqf

https://github.com/robalo/mods/blob/master/asr_ai3/addons/main/fnc_sendInfo.sqf

Github code might be slightly out of date but the logic remains.

Hmmmm ive tested it a few times. The AI are spread evenly over 3 HCs. When we engage 1 group and wait approx 30 seconds, only about a 3rd of the other AI groups go active, even tho the other ones might be right next to active groups.

this would indicate that the radionet is only working on the 1 HC relative to the first AI group that was engaged.