I think I understand then. In the case that I do want to reclassify unit levels to my liking, can you talk me through how to tweak that? I am sure I will do it wrong.

Post your config, we will tell you if it looks ok or not.

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:40 ----------

can you please implement garrisoning like in vcom?

No idea what vcom does, what exactly would this garrisoning do ?

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:41 ----------

Small bug in 0.9.17: AI controlled by a ZEUS player will still trigger the "throw smoke" action.

I just need to know how to check if unit is controlled by Zeus, since isPlayer is not good enough. Any info/ideas about that ?

---------- Post added at 13:56 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

Hi Robalo, I had a rather minor question, I have been testing an easy way to migrate editor placed AI to headless client using the setGroupOwner command that is being pushed on Dev version at the moment. It seems to work well for this purpose, while setowner didn't transfer over the waypoints setGroupOwner does and they function as they would normally after moved to HC, however I am yet to check whether ASR AI works in that case, but while I was searching I noticed that you referred to a problem where, when a zeus disconnected after spawning in units, it'd migrate them to server ownership and that that can cause some mixed results with applying ASR stuff but you were looking into it at the time (a year ago?).

The potential problem as I see it is since the units aren't spawned just moved locality, I'm concerned that the ASR event handlers may not trigger or the asr Danger.FSM not applied. (assuming the HC and the server is running ASR on their instances as I know that was a major problem with Zeus and running any units not on the server anyway) Can I ask did you work anything out with regards to the Zeus disconnect and subsequent locality migration problem that might be able to shed some light as to whether any problems might pop up?

There are 2 aspects to be considered when running HC:

1. configs and danger fsm are local, so you must run the mod on the HC.

2. setskill is called from server with settings dictated by server on ALL units (does not matter if they're on server, HC or other clients).

Second aspect is currently not working as expected in Arma3 1.38 but should be fixed in 1.40. To make it work, I've applied a bandaid so that setskill gets executed remotely on each AI owner machine. But then I removed that bandaid on versions > 0.9.15 during a large code cleanup in advance of the setskill fixes expected with next game patch.

I also have some danger.fsm tweaks on the way to make sure it accounts for the latest dev branch changes.

I just need to know how to check if unit is controlled by Zeus, since isPlayer is not good enough. Any info/ideas about that?

If I remember correctly

missionNamespace getVariable ["bis_fnc_moduleRemoteControl_unit"]

contains the unit that the curator is controlling.

I just need to know how to check if unit is controlled by Zeus, since isPlayer is not good enough. Any info/ideas about that ?

Here's how AGM does it:

https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/blob/master/AGM_Core/functions/fn_isPlayer.sqf

https://github.com/KoffeinFlummi/AGM/blob/master/AGM_Core/functions/fn_player.sqf

EDIT: Sniperwolf beat me...

Cool robalo that gives me some comfort. I will check whether the skill settings are migrated when using setgroupowner as I would expect they would be. You have saved me a lot of time testing with your reply so I do appreciate it.

Hi Robalo,

First of all, thank you for this lovely mod, I use it everytime in singleplayer and coop. It's a must have! :)

For some time tho (and I don't really know since when), I've got a problem and I couldn't find it posted in this forum (sorry if it's posted already, really tried searching).

In recent dev builds (didn't try stable build) I frequently see scripting errors in the game. At first I thought it's a bug in the dev build or conflict between mods, but then I disabled the mods one by one and found out that somehow ASR AI is the cause and I still get this problem using the CBA and ASR only. Without ASR AI, no problem.

Usually this happens when a bullet hits an AI soldier and then I get this message (it's from the RPT log, but it's basically the same message):

19:04:18 Error in expression <x select 0;
if ((_priors select _cause)>_priorCur) then
{
_dangerCause = _cause;>
19:04:18   Error position: <_priorCur) then
{
_dangerCause = _cause;>
19:04:18   Error Undefined variable in expression: _priorcur

During a firefight this shows up in the RPT log quite often and it drops my FPS dramatically.

Here's the RPT log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rll9bedomgkcj7s/arma3_2015-02-24_19-03-00.rpt?dl=0

I've also checked if I have the latest version of CBA and ASR AI and reinstalled them to the appropriate folders (userconfig, keys, and the mod folder to the game's root folder).

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I have no idea what's the problem.

Could it be something that changed in the dev builds?

Hi Robalo,

First of all, thank you for this lovely mod, I use it everytime in singleplayer and coop. It's a must have! :)

For some time tho (and I don't really know since when), I've got a problem and I couldn't find it posted in this forum (sorry if it's posted already, really tried searching).

In recent dev builds (didn't try stable build) I frequently see scripting errors in the game. At first I thought it's a bug in the dev build or conflict between mods, but then I disabled the mods one by one and found out that somehow ASR AI is the cause and I still get this problem using the CBA and ASR only. Without ASR AI, no problem.

Usually this happens when a bullet hits an AI soldier and then I get this message (it's from the RPT log, but it's basically the same message):

19:04:18 Error in expression <x select 0;
if ((_priors select _cause)>_priorCur) then
{
_dangerCause = _cause;>
19:04:18   Error position: <_priorCur) then
{
_dangerCause = _cause;>
19:04:18   Error Undefined variable in expression: _priorcur

During a firefight this shows up in the RPT log quite often and it drops my FPS dramatically.

Here's the RPT log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rll9bedomgkcj7s/arma3_2015-02-24_19-03-00.rpt?dl=0

I've also checked if I have the latest version of CBA and ASR AI and reinstalled them to the appropriate folders (userconfig, keys, and the mod folder to the game's root folder).

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I have no idea what's the problem.

Could it be something that changed in the dev builds?

Yes it's definitely something changed in dev branch's danger fsm. The mod is made for and tested on 1.38. Will get it ready for when next stable patch comes out.

Yes it's definitely something changed in dev branch's danger fsm. The mod is made for and tested on 1.38. Will get it ready for when next stable patch comes out.

Okay! Thanks for the info, Robalo!

Much appreciated! :)

Robalo I've a question.

In a past post you wrote that is better to have mod installed both dedicated server and client but I didn't understand if this is required always or not.

My clan and I play in Coop mode without friendly AI.

In this case we need mod installed just on the server or also on clients?

Thanks in advance and sorry for this, probably, repeated question....

Robalo I've a question.

In a past post you wrote that is better to have mod installed both dedicated server and client but I didn't understand if this is required always or not.

My clan and I play in Coop mode without friendly AI.

In this case we need mod installed just on the server or also on clients?

Thanks in advance and sorry for this, probably, repeated question....

Added FAQ section to first post, first entry should answer your question. Let me know if it's not clear enough.

Hey Robalo. Really enjoying the mod, it's a huge asset to the co-op community i play with.

Been looking into the skillFinal values in the debug to try and tailor the difficulty to fit us better and noticed what seemed like a discrepancy

general set: 0.740688, get: 0.740688, skillFinal: 0.751999"
courage set: 0.730972, get: 0.730972, skillFinal: 0.744955"
reloadSpeed set: 0.873322, get: 0.873322, skillFinal: 0.848159"
commanding set: 0.807076, get: 0.807076, skillFinal: 0.80013"
aimingAccuracy set: 0.323534, get: 0.323534, skillFinal: 0.308092"
aimingShake set: 0.288885, get: 0.288885, skillFinal: 0.277774"
aimingSpeed set: 0.344682, get: 0.344682, skillFinal: 0.732447"
spotDistance set: 0.392752, get: 0.392752, skillFinal: 0.299949"
spotTime set: 0.306907, get: 0.306907, skillFinal: 0.306255"

That's a random selection from the tests i did, the thing i can't work out is what governs the 'aiming speed' modifier. In all versions of trying out different combinations of skill presets it was uniformly double it's set and get values unlike any of the other skills. Is this intentional and if so what's the easiest method of bringing it into line with the other skill modifiers?

Hey Robalo. Really enjoying the mod, it's a huge asset to the co-op community i play with.

Been looking into the skillFinal values in the debug to try and tailor the difficulty to fit us better and noticed what seemed like a discrepancy

general set: 0.740688, get: 0.740688, skillFinal: 0.751999"
courage set: 0.730972, get: 0.730972, skillFinal: 0.744955"
reloadSpeed set: 0.873322, get: 0.873322, skillFinal: 0.848159"
commanding set: 0.807076, get: 0.807076, skillFinal: 0.80013"
aimingAccuracy set: 0.323534, get: 0.323534, skillFinal: 0.308092"
aimingShake set: 0.288885, get: 0.288885, skillFinal: 0.277774"
aimingSpeed set: 0.344682, get: 0.344682, skillFinal: 0.732447"
spotDistance set: 0.392752, get: 0.392752, skillFinal: 0.299949"
spotTime set: 0.306907, get: 0.306907, skillFinal: 0.306255"

That's a random selection from the tests i did, the thing i can't work out is what governs the 'aiming speed' modifier. In all versions of trying out different combinations of skill presets it was uniformly double it's set and get values unlike any of the other skills. Is this intentional and if so what's the easiest method of bringing it into line with the other skill modifiers?

There is no discrepancy. Final values are result of setskill interpolated with cfgaiskill and your difficulty settings. For simplicity in userconfig you configure a single "aiming" skill which controls all the 3 aiming subskills at once. Results are different due to:

- cfgaiskill interpolation (this mod does not alter cfgaiskill at all)

- small randomness configurable via userconfig

Looks like a great mod!I was just wondering if anyone knows if this impacts server/mission performance?

I know but I'd rather let others comment on that or you can try and see for yourself.

Many features were sacrificed on the altar of the FPS god during the making of this mod :)

I run this with VCOM AI and MRB VoiceStop in an insurgency mission on my server and it runs fine. No stuttering or terrible framerates, at least not because of the improved AI mods running in the background. You'll notice brief frame stuttering/drops when you are spawning a bunch of AI in at a time, with some desync, but that's just an ArmA thing.

When it comes to just playing after everything has been spawned and loaded by the player/server, it runs smooth.

Edit;

Just noticed there is a .16 version will test that tks

Tested the latest Armaholics ASR AI3 0.9.17.71 version on server & the anarchy in the ranks seems to have died down & discipline has now been restored :yay:

Many thanks Robalo your mod makes ArmA 3 playable instead of impossible, excellent stuff sir.

Edited by jgaz-uk

Question. I have unit creation like this:

// CREATE THE OFFICER
_group = createGroup west;
_hq = _group createUnit ["b_officer_f",(getmarkerpos str(blu_hq_markername)), [], 0, "FORM"];
sleep 0.2;
_hq setformdir 240;
sleep 1;
_hq disableAI "FSM";
_hq allowFleeing 0;

But even with killed FSM, that officer still trying to flee while in danger. How i can make that compatible with ASR AI?

Question. I have unit creation like this:

// CREATE THE OFFICER
_group = createGroup west;
_hq = _group createUnit ["b_officer_f",(getmarkerpos str(blu_hq_markername)), [], 0, "FORM"];
sleep 0.2;
_hq setformdir 240;
sleep 1;
_hq disableAI "FSM";
_hq allowFleeing 0;

But even with killed FSM, that officer still trying to flee while in danger. How i can make that compatible with ASR AI?

Have you tested that without the mod ? I don't see how ASR AI is relevant here. Disable MOVE and TARGET AI, might do the trick for what you need, regardless of mod used or not.

Yes, without mod it doesn't move at all, even if there enemy IFV passing by. Might only go prone.

So i can disable several actions using disableAI? Will try...

Yes, without mod it doesn't move at all, even if there enemy IFV passing by. Might only go prone.

So i can disable several actions using disableAI? Will try...

Yes check here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/disableAI

You may also try this

_hq setVariable ["asr_ai_exclude", true];

Will make the unit be skipped for most enhancements.

Hello,

i like this AI mod much. We player ArmA CooP and it makes much mor fun with this mod.

Now to the Problem, i want to set some ambush positions in my Mission (like in Houses or somthing else). Setting up Position i do with "this setPosATL [4031.65,3589.08,4.03856]; Now i tried different versions.

1. this disableAI "move"; <- without rotating..... not very fine.

2. Setting up a Waypoint for the Unit. I tried different settings. Best result bring me

Typ "hold"

Combat mod "no change"

Formation "no change"

Speed "no change"

behavior "carless"

but then the AI dos not react on incomming enemy. Others settings result in storming AI, when ther is combat sound in the Air :)

Any Idea?

Hello,

i like this AI mod much. We player ArmA CooP and it makes much mor fun with this mod.

Now to the Problem, i want to set some ambush positions in my Mission (like in Houses or somthing else). Setting up Position i do with "this setPosATL [4031.65,3589.08,4.03856]; Now i tried different versions.

1. this disableAI "move"; <- without rotating..... not very fine.

2. Setting up a Waypoint for the Unit. I tried different settings. Best result bring me

Typ "hold"

Combat mod "no change"

Formation "no change"

Speed "no change"

behavior "carless"

but then the AI dos not react on incomming enemy. Others settings result in storming AI, when ther is combat sound in the Air :)

Any Idea?

Not sure if this will help but I made a stopped convoy where I wanted units spread around it facing different directions but sill react to an enemy force. Unfortunately

disableAI "MOVE"

meant that they would not even change direction to fire. I eventually tried

doStop

command. They stayed where I wanted them and didn't move until enemy were contacted. Then they moved dynamically to engage. Unfortunately they would not without some sort of waypoint activation return to their original position. Still I found doStop to hold them where I wanted them and engage when needed. It may help, havent tried it in a cqb situation though.

So after some experimenting I can say that it's a lot better than it was a few versions ago, with regard to waypoints and units stopping moving during combat. Seems like units will move more fluidly now and don't just infinitely take cover.

Wanted to say thanks for you all your hard work, this is definitely the best AI mod i've tried for arma, and i've tried almost all of them. :D

I do have one question or request though; is there any way while playing as Zeus, we could get some sort of "move at all costs" and/or "retreat" command or waypoint? Sometimes for story reasons, as Zeus, you just want the enemy to run away or have one of your other units move up no matter what. ASR is awesome, but the units move to cover and engage the enemy no matter what, when sometimes you just need them to get the hell out of there.