@Twakkie

1. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/AI_Sub-skills

Each sub-skill is used in several calculations. Value of each sub-skill is inherited from the value set by skill slider in Insert Unit dialogue or setSkill command, or directly defined by setSkill array command. This value is interpolated into ranges defined in CfgAISkill and multiplied by a value of AI Level Skill or Precision set in player's profile (.Arma3Profile file).

2. Version 0.9.15 had the setSkill commands executed on all clients with server settings. But the current does not. I run it on server only, but for all AI, including remote units. That currently does not work well in the current stable version but suits most setups and it was fixed in dev branch.

See the first post, you can find a lot of answers in there.

Hello,

we are using Asr ai for quite some time now with vanilla units and it really adds to our Arma experience.

Last week we tried RHS units and it seems like the mod is not working currently. I copied the RHS files you supplied in the asr folder. Is there any further configuration needed?

Hello,

we are using Asr ai for quite some time now with vanilla units and it really adds to our Arma experience.

Last week we tried RHS units and it seems like the mod is not working currently. I copied the RHS files you supplied in the asr folder. Is there any further configuration needed?

I did not supply any RHS files in an ASR folder. The download links for the optional configs are provided in the first post. I use RHS all the time and it's working great. No extra configuration needed.

Yup, I meant the optional RHS configs in the first most. Do I need to place them in the userconfig folder?

@Twakkie

1. https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/AI_Sub-skills

2. Version 0.9.15 had the setSkill commands executed on all clients with server settings. But the current does not. I run it on server only, but for all AI, including remote units. That currently does not work well in the current stable version but suits most setups and it was fixed in dev branch.

See the first post, you can find a lot of answers in there.

Thanks Robalo!

Version 0.9.15 had the setSkill commands executed on all clients with server settings. But the current does not. I run it on server only, but for all AI, including remote units. That currently does not work well in the current stable version but suits most setups and it was fixed in dev branch.

First of all: You're the man, Robalo. ASR AI 3 is absolutely indispensable. Thank you for all the time & energy you've put into it.

I noticed the 0.9.16 patch notes earlier today while troubleshooting AI difficulty with Zeus in play (using ASR AI 3 0.9.17). Like T there, we too are experiencing some almost super-AI'ish behavior despite the Zeus client having the same default ASR AI 3 settings. Granted it could easily be something else like RHS, AiA + Isla Duala, AGM, etc. and I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but am I reading right that in the case of say, Zeus clients and theoretically headless clients where AI is spawned off-server, that setSkill isn't getting executed...at all? Or still is getting executed on server somehow and/or for those remote units?

- execute setskill only on server (in anticipation of patch 1.40 which should fix setskill behavior)

We're still testing, but might we be better off rolling back to 0.9.15 until the Arma 3 1.40 update? Or is that where the issue lays, with the current stable 1.38, and BIS has it sorted for next release?

Thanks again, man.

@CloudNine

Yes, if Zeus is important to you, stick to 0.9.15 for now.

Hi Robalo,

I'm gonna post assuming that ASR is meant to be 100% SP compatible : I've noticed that your mod conflicts with at least one mission in the campaign. In the "Win" part, the "Morale Fiber" mission can't be completed with ASR.

Kerry's squad leader will not proceed to the next waypoint, standing there with the rest of the squad; it occurs right after the ambush (once the area is cleared) and a second time later in town, when you are supposed to follow your leader to another group needing support - at that point the scripted dialogue can't kick-in and the mission can't be completed.

I had to disable ASR in order to continue the campaign - wich is a shame, as this mod is of great help, especially in missions where you have to make do with a very few squad mates (in that regard, most of the "Adapt" missions are utterly stupid).

I hope it's not too hard to fix! ;)

Hi Robalo,

I'm gonna post assuming that ASR is meant to be 100% SP compatible : I've noticed that your mod conflicts with at least one mission in the campaign. In the "Win" part, the "Morale Fiber" mission can't be completed with ASR.

Kerry's squad leader will not proceed to the next waypoint, standing there with the rest of the squad; it occurs right after the ambush (once the area is cleared) and a second time later in town, when you are supposed to follow your leader to another group needing support - at that point the scripted dialogue can't kick-in and the mission can't be completed.

I had to disable ASR in order to continue the campaign - wich is a shame, as this mod is of great help, especially in missions where you have to make do with a very few squad mates (in that regard, most of the "Adapt" missions are utterly stupid).

I hope it's not too hard to fix! ;)

Easily fixed, disable ASR_AI to complete the mission.

The campaigns and missions shipped with the game (and many made by other authors) can't possibly take into account the several AI mods that are now available. Nor should it be up to the AI mod authors themselves to allow for every default situation within missions not built with those particular mods in mind.

Well, mission makers shouldn't have to worry about particular mods anyway, at least in my opinion - what a headache it would be! ^^

I personnaly think that mod makers should aim for 100% compatibility with vanilla mechanics, unless you go for a total modification. ;)

@Pepe Hal

It might be already fixed after the drastic code cleanup after 0.9.15. But once you start a mission all the old scripts are still active even if you update the mod in between save/load. So you need to restart/revert mission after you update. The only SP I did lately was the Pilgrimage mission, that worked flawlessly. I will try to go through the SP campaign when I find some time.

@CloudNine

Yes, if Zeus is important to you, stick to 0.9.15 for now.

Excellent, thank you again for your time man.

So, using custom faction names in the asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf under the setSkill parameters, my question is what is the correct way I am supposed to be defining faction names? This might be an obvious answer but I just need to make sure!

Like this:

asr_ai3_main_levels_units = [

[bLU_F,OPF_F,IND_F], // 0: super-AI (only used for testing)

];

Or like this (and do I need quotes?):

asr_ai3_main_levels_units = [

[bLUE_F], [OPF_F], [iND_F], // 0: super-AI (only used for testing)

];

Does anyone have a link to .15?

http://dev.withsix.com/attachments/download/22481/asr-ai3-20150126.zip

---------- Post added at 13:39 ---------- Previous post was at 13:38 ----------

So, using custom faction names in the asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf under the setSkill parameters, my question is what is the correct way I am supposed to be defining faction names? This might be an obvious answer but I just need to make sure!

Like this:

Or like this (and do I need quotes?):

You have factions in the userconfig already. Why are you putting faction names in unit configs ? What are you trying to do ?

You have factions in the userconfig already. Why are you putting faction names in unit configs ? What are you trying to do ?

I am trying to define what skill settings units from factions are assigned by ASR AI when they are placed in the editor/Zeus. I use unit mods as well, so I am trying to insert them into the config so they get assigned skills from one of the ASR skill groups. Or am I doing this in completely the wrong area?

I am trying to define what skill settings units from factions are assigned by ASR AI when they are placed in the editor/Zeus. I use unit mods as well, so I am trying to insert them into the config so they get assigned skills from one of the ASR skill groups. Or am I doing this in completely the wrong area?

I would advice you to first try the mod as it comes, and then only attempt to tweak defaults if you notice something specific, peharps asking here first.

You can use config explorer to check their current levels. Look at each of your custom units under cfgVehicles at their asr_ai_level value to see what they get. Then decide if you want to really change anything and if so you can put each unit class in the respective asr_ai3_main_levels_units array so that you force them to be re-classified to your liking.

I think I understand then. In the case that I do want to reclassify unit levels to my liking, can you talk me through how to tweak that? I am sure I will do it wrong.

can you please implement garrisoning like in vcom?

Small bug in 0.9.17: AI controlled by a ZEUS player will still trigger the "throw smoke" action.

Hi Robalo, I had a rather minor question, I have been testing an easy way to migrate editor placed AI to headless client using the setGroupOwner command that is being pushed on Dev version at the moment. It seems to work well for this purpose, while setowner didn't transfer over the waypoints setGroupOwner does and they function as they would normally after moved to HC, however I am yet to check whether ASR AI works in that case, but while I was searching I noticed that you referred to a problem where, when a zeus disconnected after spawning in units, it'd migrate them to server ownership and that that can cause some mixed results with applying ASR stuff but you were looking into it at the time (a year ago?).

The potential problem as I see it is since the units aren't spawned just moved locality, I'm concerned that the ASR event handlers may not trigger or the asr Danger.FSM not applied. (assuming the HC and the server is running ASR on their instances as I know that was a major problem with Zeus and running any units not on the server anyway) Can I ask did you work anything out with regards to the Zeus disconnect and subsequent locality migration problem that might be able to shed some light as to whether any problems might pop up?