keep on trucking! i wanted to know if i placed 2 units in front of eachother and let them go at it....i noticed reaction time is kinda slow in regards of gun draw. would that be because of the server (its an alive mission with mods on mods and cse enabled) or is there a possible way in the future to tweak this manually ourselves? ? lately they have been excellent peaking around corners and organizing L Ambushes it appears......so no complaints here!

i wanted to know if i placed 2 units in front of eachother and let them go at it....i noticed reaction time is kinda slow in regards of gun draw.

Usually, people modding the game, try to improve realistic scenarios (like things that, you know, can happen) and it's hard enough.

---------- Post added at 16:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:56 ----------

lately they have been excellent peaking around corners and organizing L Ambushes it appears......so no complaints here!

That's not ASR_AI induced behaviour (not directly at least).

Updated first post with new version: 0.9.16

- removed scripted reactions involving waypoints; this mod does not set any wp under any circumstances

- cleaned up some unused code and further optimised what was left

- fired EH exits when fps < 40

- added safety measures against broken/outdated weapon configs (missing properly defined sound entries)

- allow AI in player's group to pop smoke and move to cover when hit

- fix checking for DAC caching (to disable group merging when found)

- skills are now applied without any delays when units are created

- disabled using smoke for moving to cover (was buggy and ofthen lead to AI giving up their positions)

- execute setskill only on server (in anticipation of patch 1.40 which should fix setskill behavior)

- fix dayscope feature not beinf able to be turned off from userconfig; made off by default

- use setunitpos for shooting stance instead of setunitposweak

Enjoy

Updated first post with new version: 0.9.16

- removed scripted reactions involving waypoints; this mod does not set any wp under any circumstances

- cleaned up some unused code and further optimised what was left

- fired EH exits when fps < 40

- added safety measures against broken/outdated weapon configs (missing properly defined sound entries)

- allow AI in player's group to pop smoke and move to cover when hit

- fix checking for DAC caching (to disable group merging when found)

- skills are now applied without any delays when units are created

- disabled using smoke for moving to cover (was buggy and ofthen lead to AI giving up their positions)

- execute setskill only on server (in anticipation of patch 1.40 which should fix setskill behavior)

- fix dayscope feature not beinf able to be turned off from userconfig; made off by default

- use setunitpos for shooting stance instead of setunitposweak

Enjoy

fired event handler exists with lower than 40fps. our server isn't the best and would most of the time sit around 30fps. if these EH stop working then what will we be missing out on?

The new version has been frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

fired event handler exists with lower than 40fps. our server isn't the best and would most of the time sit around 30fps. if these EH stop working then what will we be missing out on?

only the scripted AI hearing aids which help them react on shots fired; if your fps is around 30 then this will help

Edited by Robalo

Had to hotfix the silly bug that caused player to throw smoke when hit, so 0.9.17 is out :)

waypoints removed? this will completly change this mod right?

Into better, arguably. Depends on the scenario/mission design.

Had to hotfix the silly bug that caused player to throw smoke when hit, so 0.9.17 is out

I assume that only affects players who have ASR_AI3 running locally? If not I'm tempted to stick with 0.9.16 on our server just to mess with our players :rolleyes:

I assume that only affects players who have ASR_AI3 running locally? If not I'm tempted to stick with 0.9.16 on our server just to mess with our players :rolleyes:

Unfortunately yes, only if they run it :)

Using this AI mod in conjuction with Vcom AI makes COOP play in ArmA so much more enjoyable. A must-have, regarding AI adjustment mods!

My question is, and I'm sorry if this was answered somewhere in this 100+ post thread, but what benefits or functionality does having ASR AI 3 running add if players run it client-side? I'm currently running this on my game server and the people in my group also run it client-side. Is it necessary?

I remember reading somewhere that clients that activate a zone (Such as in ALiVE or maybe even EOS) that spawns AI can influence the spawned AI's intelligence. In other words, if ASR AI isn't running on the server, but a client is and he comes within range of a zone that spawns AI, the spawned AI react to the client's ASR AI and use it, despite it not being on the server.

asr server side is for ai that runs on the server. if client uses zeus, he needs to also load asr or other stuff that forces ai to run on the player

The new version has been frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Strange - With the latest ASR update ARMA can't find the asr_ai3_settings.sqf in the userconfig/asr_ai3 sub-directory...yet it's plainly there (checked and re-checked).... Gives the script not found pop up at the launch menu. All other versions never had this issue.

Make sure you put the userconfig folder that comes with ASR AI 3 in your ArmA 3 directory and overwrite whatever it asks.

@phronk -

That's what I'm saying....its ALREADY THERE:

path = program files (x86) / Steam / steamapps / common / Arma3 / @ASR_AI3 / userconfig / asr_ai3_settings.sqf

Is that wrong? Should it be anywhere else? Are you saying the userconfig folder should be 2 levels up in the Arma3 folder instead of being in the @ASR_AI3 folder?

@phronk -

That's what I'm saying....its ALREADY THERE:

path = program files (x86) / Steam / steamapps / common / Arma3 / @ASR_AI3 / userconfig / asr_ai3_settings.sqf

Is that wrong? Should it be anywhere else? Are you saying the userconfig folder should be 2 levels up in the Arma3 folder instead of being in the @ASR_AI3 folder?

It is wrong. There should be a separate userconfig folder in your main Arma3 path. Every other config file that comes with mods go inside that folder.

It should be like this.

program files (x86) / Steam / steamapps / common / Arma3 / userconfig / asr_ai3 / asr_ai3_settings.sqf

Edited by Nart

My question is, and I'm sorry if this was answered somewhere in this 100+ post thread, but what benefits or functionality does having ASR AI 3 running add if players run it client-side? I'm currently running this on my game server and the people in my group also run it client-side. Is it necessary?

It's best to load it everywhere, especially if you are running AI on clients and want them enhanced.

I remember reading somewhere that clients that activate a zone (Such as in ALiVE or maybe even EOS) that spawns AI can influence the spawned AI's intelligence. In other words, if ASR AI isn't running on the server, but a client is and he comes within range of a zone that spawns AI, the spawned AI react to the client's ASR AI and use it, despite it not being on the server.

That does not make any sense :D Client running AI mod does not change server AI. At least not this mod, because it has conditions implemented for what has to be running only on server and what is allowed to run on local AI only.

---------- Post added at 23:03 ---------- Previous post was at 23:00 ----------

It is wrong. There should be a separate userconfig folder in your main Arma3 path. Every other config file that comes with mods go inside that folder.

It should be like this.

program files (x86) / Steam / steamapps / common / Arma3 / userconfig / asr_ai3 / asr_ai3_settings.sqf

Right. It's in the install instructions.

You should have 2 files in there too: asr_ai3_settings.sqf, asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf

Hi Robalo

Thank you for your awesome mod. We have been using it for some time now and it dramatically increased the enjoyability of coop.

I have a couple of questions which, since I started following this thread for the last couple of months, hasn't been addressed directly (Or I just completely missed it).

I also did try and do advance searches with little luck. So apologise if you have addressed this previously.

1. What effect does the game difficulty have with regards to your mod? I thought previously since you physically adjust the accuracy, skill (general) and spotting in the config, the game difficulty doesnt really come into play except for stuff like map markers etc. With some searching I found that it looked like you indicated that the difficulty gives a relative skill, accuracy and spotting bonus?

2. I understand when server starts, it overwrites the user configs to ensure everyone uses the same config values. This is done to ensure no conflicts. Now when you spawn in units with zeus, will these server config values be carried over to the new units? Or since they are client side based, they get the unmodified (non-server) config values of the zeus moderator? Reason why I am asking this is because it sometimes feels as if the zeus spawned units, though they behave like ASR type units, are more accurate and deadly than server spawned units.

Once again thanks.

Cheers

Twak

Right. It's in the install instructions.

You should have 2 files in there too: asr_ai3_settings.sqf, asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf

this is what confused me in the past. you do need both files, not just one of them. they're both different.