Does Bcombat works in MP?

Maybe a question for the bCombat thread, it is all explained there.

Robalo, can you please take a look at his changes and see if you can improve your mod a bit? At the moment I prefer to use Bcombat instead of ASR AI because the AI is less static and more dynamic and because of the nice features like overwatch. But Bcombats slow support is kind of a problem. And then ASR_AI has all those awesome skill features.... It´s bloody hard to choose! An AI mod that combines the best of both mods would be amazing. You both working together could do that. Please?

I barely can find time to poke at my mod :)

In which file did you change the coefficient ? By config viewer you mean debug console ? Because that setting is simply a global variable not a config parameter so I don't see how it would show up in config viewer.

If you're running v0.9.15 (latest) make sure you change that setting in userconfig\asr_ai3\asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf

Note that the setting does not have anything to do with AGM hearing module. I have explained in this thread what I changed and see my post I put today on the AGM thread too.

Userconfig is set up correctly. When disabling ASR_AI, this entry in the config viewer goes back to normal. I'm not sure if the two things are linked, but it seems to change something as when I use ASR_AI and AGM_Hearing together, even 6.5mm and 5.56mm cause hearing loss when they don't without ASR_AI running. Obviously I don't expect you to be AGM compatible but I'm just raising the issue in case anyone else has had it and can help me out.

Regardless, audiblefire entries for all weapons must be adjusted by this mod otherwise this wouldn't be happening, and as AGM_Hearing uses this value for it's combat deafness I'd say they're not compatible.

Edited by EddiePrice

@ Tonci87 - I feel the same way mate .... I flip flop between bCombat and ASR_AI all the time ! Soooo much win with the pair of them .... but some integration with eachother would afford us the ultimate AI!

Does Bcombat works in MP?
Maybe a question for the bCombat thread, it is all explained there.

There are moderatorz for that you know. Maybe they are mods 'cos they know when something is offtopic and when it is not.

You cannot talk about merging ASR_AI with bCombat, if bCombat is SP only.

Regardless, audiblefire entries for all weapons must be adjusted by this mod otherwise this wouldn't be happening, and as AGM_Hearing uses this value for it's combat deafness I'd say they're not compatible.

They are, in the main config.cpp of the main pbo (asr_ai3_main.pbo)

class CfgAmmo

{

class Default;

class Grenade: Default

{

cost = 5;

};

class BulletCore;

class BulletBase: BulletCore

{

audibleFire = 16;

};

class RocketBase;

class MissileBase;

class B_556x45_Ball: BulletBase

{

audibleFire = 16;

};

class B_65x39_Caseless: BulletBase

{

audibleFire = 16;

};

class B_762x51_Ball: BulletBase

{

audibleFire = 16;

};

class SubmunitionBullet;

class B_65x39_Minigun_Caseless: SubmunitionBullet

{

audibleFire = 16;

};

class B_762x51_Minigun_Tracer_Red: SubmunitionBullet

{

audibleFire = 16;

};

class ShotgunBase;

class B_12Gauge_Slug: BulletBase

{

audibleFire = 16;

};

class B_12Gauge_Pellets: ShotgunBase

{

audibleFire = 16;

};

class B_9x21_Ball: BulletBase

{

audibleFire = 16;

};

class B_408_Ball: BulletBase

{

audibleFire = 16;

};

class B_127x33_Ball: BulletBase

{

audibleFire = 32;

};

class B_127x99_Ball: BulletBase

{

audibleFire = 32;

};

class B_127x108_Ball: BulletBase

{

audibleFire = 32;

};

class B_127x108_APDS: B_127x108_Ball

{

audibleFire = 32;

};

class B_45ACP_Ball: BulletBase

{

audibleFire = 16;

};

class R_PG32V_F: RocketBase

{

airlock = 1;

};

class M_NLAW_AT_F: MissileBase{};

class M_Titan_AT: MissileBase{};

class M_Titan_AP: M_Titan_AT{};

};

Seems like the audiblefire value for practically every ammo class is changed to a minimum of 16 (and I think the cut-off for AGM hearing is ~12, so EVERY round fired will cause the AGM deafness).

There are moderatorz for that you know. Maybe they are mods 'cos they know when something is offtopic and when it is not.

So asking if bCombat works in MP in the ASR_AI thread is not off topic?? Doesn't take a moderator to realise that, but thanks for the heads up, Ill keep my mouth shut next time.

Userconfig is set up correctly. When disabling ASR_AI, this entry in the config viewer goes back to normal. I'm not sure if the two things are linked, but it seems to change something as when I use ASR_AI and AGM_Hearing together, even 6.5mm and 5.56mm cause hearing loss when they don't without ASR_AI running. Obviously I don't expect you to be AGM compatible but I'm just raising the issue in case anyone else has had it and can help me out.

Please search the thread before posting (click search thread, enter audiblefire). Plus you already quoted my answer but did you read it ?

Yeah I did read it. I get that audiblefire is changed across the board by this mod, as shown in your changelogs, which I admit I hadn't looked through previously. However, what I'm saying is because of this AGM_Hearing is not compatible unless you want to be deafened by all weapons. Like I said before I'm not expecting it to be compatible, but this is more of a note to all future AGM+ASR_AI users who search this thread. If I'm wrong there then I apologise.

Eddie, I understand what your getting at, however, I think the only disconnect here is Rabolo is saying. That an Effect that applies to a player, based on a config value that is only used by AI, is a bad Idea.and this incompatibility is an example.

Personally i dont use agm because of some of the effects like that.. I dont need to be waring headphones and have some loud fucking ringing in my ears... its like their trying to make you deaf...

Eddie, I understand what your getting at, however, I think the only disconnect here is Rabolo is saying. That an Effect that applies to a player, based on a config value that is only used by AI, is a bad Idea.and this incompatibility is an example.

Personally i dont use agm because of some of the effects like that.. I dont need to be waring headphones and have some loud fucking ringing in my ears... its like their trying to make you deaf...

Absolutely I agree with that, and I just disabled AGM_Hearing to sort it. I was actually trying to make sure this thread doesn't fill up with posts asking for the method to be changed but it seems to have backfired a bit because of crossed wires.

ASR AI3 works well on a Dedicated (which makes a change!) But since last update ASR AI3 0.9.15.66 friendly AI units (even when set on " doStop this") go on the offensive & advance to attack enemy. It did not seem to happen in previous versions of ASR AI3. Is there a way (userconfig settings?) to stipulate or control either Defensive or Offensive behaviour of the AI units?

ASR AI3 works well on a Dedicated (which makes a change!) But since last update ASR AI3 0.9.15.66 friendly AI units (even when set on " doStop this") go on the offensive & advance to attack enemy. It did not seem to happen in previous versions of ASR AI3. Is there a way (userconfig settings?) to stipulate or control either Defensive or Offensive behaviour of the AI units?
Repo? Haven't seen that myself, but I am in-control of my AI mates. Is this with non Player controlled AI? Mission?

None player controlled friendly AI who were guarding base or depots in previous versions of ASR_ai3, are now Rambos, who at the first sound of gunfire (is it that setting in userconfig?) abandon their post and charge at the enemy...:coop:

My "Hospital Visit" mission (available via steam workshop) is a good example the H.Q. AI Blueforce units now cant wait to get stuck in when running the last update of ASR AI3 the 15 version. It can in some ways make it seem more realistic, but it can also bugger things up for players, not as many Medals.

Edited by jgaz-uk

None player controlled friendly AI who were guarding base or depots in previous versions of ASR_ai3, are now Rambos, who at the first sound of gunfire (is it that setting in userconfig?) abandon their post and charge at the enemy...:coop:

My "Hospital Visit" mission (available via steam workshop) is a good example the H.Q. AI Blueforce units now cant wait to get stuck in when running the last update of ASR AI3 the 15 version. It can in some ways make it seem more realistic, but it can also bugger things up for players, not as many Medals.

AFAIK, doStop this won't do it. Give them a HOLD waypoint and they shouldn't be affected by ASR_AI "reactions".

Hold seems to work to a degree, also Sentry.

Just wondering what it is in the latest AASR AI3 that has made the AI much more aggressive than previous, & if it is editable.

Hey there, just updated to your latest version and noticed that the userconfig had changed to an .sqf. I replaced my old .hpp with the sqf, thinking that the sqf was a replacement. Now it tells me that it can't find that original .hpp file when I start up the game. Should I not have replaced my .hpp? Thanks.

Check userconfig settings, there are comments for all of them about what they do.

But should be fixed in mission, as Seba suggested. Read this: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/doStop

---------- Post added at 23:19 ---------- Previous post was at 23:17 ----------

Hey there, just updated to your latest version and noticed that the userconfig had changed to an .sqf. I replaced my old .hpp with the sqf, thinking that the sqf was a replacement. Now it tells me that it can't find that original .hpp file when I start up the game. Should I not have replaced my .hpp? Thanks.

You probably mixed old with new pbos. Clean up, install latest pbos and userconfig files. Did you see there are actually 2 sqf files now ? Also if you check content you will notice drastic format change.

sorry, I guess the file in the server's userconfig is now called asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf? the filename didn't seem to update in Play withSIX, but I could have just made a mistake. the enemy aiming seemed to go back to being way too hard, and I guess it's because I didn't have the file renamed correctly

Giving individual AI units/squads waypoints of hold, or sentry, as Seba suggested, seems to hold them to a degree. BUT if you are using the default sites modules for observation post, Base etc, you cant give them waypoints, & they wont now stay in position, that's both friendly & enemy AI units.

The only solution seems to be that, until there is another update roll back to previous version.

Re "doStop" as in your link I have used that for a while, problem is since the last ASR AI3 0.9.15.66 update, doStop dont stop!

Edited by jgaz-uk

Giving individual AI units/squads waypoints of hold, or sentry, as Seba suggested, seems to hold them to a degree. BUT if you are using the default sites modules for observation post, Base etc, you cant give them waypoints, & they wont now stay in position, that's both friendly & enemy AI units.

The only solution seems to be that, until there is another update roll back to previous version.

Re "doStop" as in your link I have used that for a while, problem is since the last ASR AI3 0.9.15.66 update, doStop dont stop!

You could try getting the group spawned by the site and giving it a HOLD waypoint. It's what I've done for my garrison script which formerly only used doStop.

I can fix my half a dozen missions ok, but do not want to have to go through all the missions on the server! easier to roll the server back to version 0914 which is still on Armaholics. The version on Armaholics has the all important; in which you can turn off the enableAttack

section "asr_ai3_main_reactions = [1,1,1]; // Infantry groups will randomly react with basic, scripted, random actions, to detecting the enemy or being shot at; format: [enableAttack,enableDefend,enableSupport]"

which is not available in version 0915

Edited by jgaz-uk

or sentry

Sentry may not be the best option. Once a group with a Sentry waypoint detects the enemy, it is considered completed, and the group goes back to a no waypoint state, opening the posibility of ASR_AI "reactions" to use those groups as reinforments. A Sentry waypoint means "stop until enemy is detected".

Easiest solution to the problem for a dedicated server seems to be, version 0914 with the userconfig sqf line; section "asr_ai3_main_reactions = [0,1,1]

Testing now..

Later that day....

For missions with sequential tasks where the mission maker has put units in buildings or to guard/hold different waypoints and wants the units not to move. the above seems, at the moment to be the simplest solution. A lot less confusion on the battlefield when tested on dedicated server.

Edited by jgaz-uk
Testing solution

I barely can find time to poke at my mod :)

I understand that :)