By the way Robalo, people want the Leight OPFOR config because some of the units like ISIS use the values of regulars (CSAT and what not) although they should be around militia level. Also I've found that for some reason CAF Aggressors have amazing aim no matter what. That seems to be my issue with our server. All other units, even Leights OPFOR pack work fine. And ASR was taking over CAF Aggressors with the config active but their aim doesn't seem to change. I guess it's because of how old the units are, they haven't been updated since March of last year.

Nothing that can't be tweaked if it's just about the units. With the latest version of this mod, you can go wild with the units configuration in the asr_ai_settings.sqf_ss.sqf file since they're no longer broadcasted.

For CAF AG units, it's perhaps because they are not using XEH. I've uploaded a new, untested version of the config for them, that should add XEH support to make it compatible with all other XEH mods out there, including mine.

Nothing that can't be tweaked if it's just about the units. With the latest version of this mod, you can go wild with the units configuration in the asr_ai_settings.sqf_ss.sqf file since they're no longer broadcasted.

For CAF AG units, it's perhaps because they are not using XEH. I've uploaded a new, untested version of the config for them, that should add XEH support to make it compatible with all other XEH mods out there, including mine.

How do you mean not broadcasted? The way I confirmed their aim was doing local host then seeing what it reported since I was the host. Also I thought the configs were made to put the units in their respected classes for ASR such as Marksmen, Regulars, Insurgents, etc. I mean I could just make a different config file with ASR for the units we play at the time and swap them back and forth since it uses the Regulars class for aim.

It is fairly easy to customize unit skills. For instance you could go and simply tweak their faction's coefficient like this:

asr_ai3_main_factions = [
["LOP_ISIS",0.8]
];

Or add this at the end of your userconfig or your mission's init.sqf for clarity:

asr_ai3_main_factions pushBack ["LOP_ISIS",0.8];

That would automatically set skill values at 80% of what they were before.

For units, you can do something like:

asr_ai3_main_levels_units = [
[],	// 0:  super-AI (only used for testing)
[],	// 1:  sf 1
[],	// 2:  sf 2 (recon units, divers and spotters)
[],	// 3:  regular 1 (regular army leaders, marksmen)
[],	// 4:  regular 2 (regulars)
["LOP_ISIS_Soldier_TL","LOP_ISIS_Soldier_SL","LOP_ISIS_Soldier_Marksman"],	// 5:  militia or trained insurgents, former regulars (insurgent leaders, marksmen)
["LOP_ISIS_Soldier_Medic","LOP_ISIS_Soldier_AR","LOP_ISIS_Soldier_AT","LOP_ISIS_Soldier_IED","LOP_ISIS_Soldier","LOP_ISIS_Driver","LOP_ISIS_Soldier_GL"],	// 6:  civilians with some military training (insurgents)
[],	// 7:  civilians without military training
[],	// 8:  pilot 1 (regular)
[],	// 9:  pilot 2 (insurgent)
[]	// 10: sniper 
];

or:

asr_ai3_main_levels_units set [5, ["LOP_ISIS_Soldier_TL","LOP_ISIS_Soldier_SL","LOP_ISIS_Soldier_Marksman"]];
asr_ai3_main_levels_units set [6, ["LOP_ISIS_Soldier_Medic","LOP_ISIS_Soldier_AR","LOP_ISIS_Soldier_AT","LOP_ISIS_Soldier_IED","LOP_ISIS_Soldier","LOP_ISIS_Driver","LOP_ISIS_Soldier_GL"]];

or if you want to make sure you keep other units configured same way already:

asr_ai3_main_levels_units set [5, (asr_ai3_main_levels_units select 5) + ["LOP_ISIS_Soldier_TL","LOP_ISIS_Soldier_SL","LOP_ISIS_Soldier_Marksman"]];

or like this, nicer:

[asr_ai3_main_levels_units select 6, ["LOP_ISIS_Soldier_Medic","LOP_ISIS_Soldier_AR","LOP_ISIS_Soldier_AT","LOP_ISIS_Soldier_IED","LOP_ISIS_Soldier","LOP_ISIS_Driver","LOP_ISIS_Soldier_GL"]] call BIS_fnc_arrayPushStack;

Content of asr_ai_settings.sqf_ss.sqf is not broadcasted, as I wrote in the change notes, because there is no need for that. The server will interpret the file, calculate the skills and tell clients what values to apply with setskill (in case you have clients running AI).

Edited by Robalo

dunno if this has been reported. when ASR is on dedicated only (not clients) all players will get a popup error "no entry bin\config.bin/cfgWeapons.ASR_optic_ip29_AI_N" and pretty much happens randomly (its hard to re create at a certain point)

It seems this is because of the 'remove night optics' option that asr does, but even with this option disabled it still happens.

think I saw someone mention it before, and it was met with 'you are not running correct rhs config or jointrails'

I can confirm all our members have jointrails up to date, and the server is up to date with .15 ASR and 19Jan RHS, but all clients also run the MK18 Mod 1 jointrails and RHS jointrails, maybe there is a confict?

we have gotten around the error by making all clients run the mod, which is ok but not ideal.

Yeah but it's recommended to remove agm_ai

I also tested this in vanilla but I don't know what to expect. What are you seeing ? There was no obvious change in behavior for me.

Oh and btw thanks for making me watch vanilla AI again. Geez.. :D

Sorry for that ;) Must have been confirmation bias on my end. I do remember AI not engaging when disabling said AI-modes but maybe that has changed on BI's part.

Btw. I just spotted this fix/comment which might be of interest to you and should hopefully fix reading skillFinal.

Edited by Wolfenswan

Btw. I just spotted this fix/comment which might be of interest to you and should hopefully fix reading skillFinal.

Yes, that is great, thanks for letting me know.

---------- Post added at 17:30 ---------- Previous post was at 17:24 ----------

dunno if this has been reported. when ASR is on dedicated only (not clients) all players will get a popup error "no entry bin\config.bin/cfgWeapons.ASR_optic_ip29_AI_N" and pretty much happens randomly (its hard to re create at a certain point)

It seems this is because of the 'remove night optics' option that asr does, but even with this option disabled it still happens.

think I saw someone mention it before, and it was met with 'you are not running correct rhs config or jointrails'

I can confirm all our members have jointrails up to date, and the server is up to date with .15 ASR and 19Jan RHS, but all clients also run the MK18 Mod 1 jointrails and RHS jointrails, maybe there is a confict?

we have gotten around the error by making all clients run the mod, which is ok but not ideal.

You are right and rebelvg already warned me but I found the bug only now, the userconfig setting for that feature does not have effect. Will fix ASAP.

A quick observation after a bit of testing: It seems that asr_ai3_main_gunshothearing coefficient doesn't turn off when setting the value to 0. I've checked in the config viewer and it seems to stay constant no matter what the value.

This has been researched after running AGM_Hearing with ASR AI causes all rifles to deafen you as the value for the audible range is effected.

A quick observation after a bit of testing: It seems that asr_ai3_main_gunshothearing coefficient doesn't turn off when setting the value to 0. I've checked in the config viewer and it seems to stay constant no matter what the value.

This has been researched after running AGM_Hearing with ASR AI causes all rifles to deafen you as the value for the audible range is effected.

In which file did you change the coefficient ? By config viewer you mean debug console ? Because that setting is simply a global variable not a config parameter so I don't see how it would show up in config viewer.

If you're running v0.9.15 (latest) make sure you change that setting in userconfig\asr_ai3\asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf

Note that the setting does not have anything to do with AGM hearing module. I have explained in this thread what I changed and see my post I put today on the AGM thread too.

Edited by Robalo

Just started using ASR and I love it but a couple of questions......

1)I set the pop smoke in the user config to 0 but I still appear to get infantry popping smoke when they make contact (not sure if its my side or the enemy or both but its to much) I want to disable it any ideas?(note also I usually run ASR with Bcombat)

2)Also does anyone have any idea if ASR will work with both Bcombat and FFIS running together?

I tried to use your latest version 1.15 but when loading pelgrimage I don't get any sounds from my fired gun or foodsteps. When I roll back to 1.13 version this issue is gone. Probably a conflict with an other mod witch I'm not going to rule out for now

So my question is where to put the files you provide to work well with 3th party addons such as RHS?

EDIT: it seems I have to save and reload the game to get the sounds to start working ...

And the 2 extra files go's in the "addon" map, right?

Edited by fragmentpruts

I tried to use your latest version 1.15 but when loading pelgrimage I don't get any sounds from my fired gun or foodsteps. When I roll back to 1.13 version this issue is gone. Probably a conflict with an other mod witch I'm not going to rule out for now

So my question is where to put the files you provide to work well with 3th party addons such as RHS?

EDIT: it seems I have to save and reload the game to get the sounds to start working ...

Version 1.13 & 1.15? Actual Version of Game is 1.38 or did i misunderstand something? ^^

@ROBALO : i made some changes to your mod i edited the cover mode and behavior and got some nice results the AI don't get stuck now and loves to march forward even under heavy fire what i did is i changed every setmode = combat to setmode = destroy ( and SAD with some ) it seems AI response faster to most of the commands given by me using zeus i took some more time and edited AI fire rate and got some nice noisy battles and then tried to make you mod compatible with Bcombat RC17 and succeeded by disabling some function here and there like skills and sysdanger and believe me the AI is something fantastic now with these 2 mods combined they suppress good and fight without stop ( tested with more than 170 AI ) im now trying very hard to make your AI mod and bcombat compatible with AISS to benefit from its features and im getting some good results the AI calls for artys and CAS and any friendly in a circle of 1000+ kms if they are under attack by a bit larger forces but i get one issue that the AISS gives random waypoints to the AI during battles and im trying to solve this issue , PM me if you want my edits on your AI mod :)

Just noticed something strange when using ASR_AI with ZBE_Cache. Normally ZBE_Cache works perfectly, caching the group and just leaving the squad leader active, but for some unknown reason ASR_AI is making the number2 lead whilst what should be the leader gets cached! This means that the groups never move as the proper leader is cached. Is there something funny about how ASR_AI assigns a leader?

Will do more testing to be sure. Will also post for Zorrobyte too.

Just started using ASR and I love it but a couple of questions......

1)I set the pop smoke in the user config to 0 but I still appear to get infantry popping smoke when they make contact (not sure if its my side or the enemy or both but its to much) I want to disable it any ideas?(note also I usually run ASR with Bcombat)

2)Also does anyone have any idea if ASR will work with both Bcombat and FFIS running together?

Then you were probably getting bcombat smoke ? Can't help you there.

---------- Post added at 04:24 ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 ----------

I thing you mean version 0.9.15.

Pilgrimage works great here, it just takes about 20 seconds for the sound to kick in when starting the mission, while it's spawning a thousand AI and then caching them.

---------- Post added at 04:25 ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 ----------

@ROBALO : i made some changes to your mod i edited the cover mode and behavior and got some nice results the AI don't get stuck now and loves to march forward even under heavy fire what i did is i changed every setmode = combat to setmode = destroy ( and SAD with some ) it seems AI response faster to most of the commands given by me using zeus i took some more time and edited AI fire rate and got some nice noisy battles and then tried to make you mod compatible with Bcombat RC17 and succeeded by disabling some function here and there like skills and sysdanger and believe me the AI is something fantastic now with these 2 mods combined they suppress good and fight without stop ( tested with more than 170 AI ) im now trying very hard to make your AI mod and bcombat compatible with AISS to benefit from its features and im getting some good results the AI calls for artys and CAS and any friendly in a circle of 1000+ kms if they are under attack by a bit larger forces but i get one issue that the AISS gives random waypoints to the AI during battles and im trying to solve this issue , PM me if you want my edits on your AI mod :)

Good for you :)

---------- Post added at 04:27 ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 ----------

Just noticed something strange when using ASR_AI with ZBE_Cache. Normally ZBE_Cache works perfectly, caching the group and just leaving the squad leader active, but for some unknown reason ASR_AI is making the number2 lead whilst what should be the leader gets cached! This means that the groups never move as the proper leader is cached. Is there something funny about how ASR_AI assigns a leader?

Will do more testing to be sure. Will also post for Zorrobyte too.

I haven't tried ZBE_Cache but I'd disable the "joinlast" feature in userconfig - set to 0. Otherwise the leader that remains when the team is despawned will merge with another group and his buddies in cache heaven will remain there forever. Also make sure you have 0.9.15.

Is there any way for player controlled AI to not be affected as much by the mod? It has been nearly impossible to keep them near the player. I am constantly issuing regroup orders and half the time it doesn't work. I have disabled every feature in the hser config that could assign waypoints. But it seems like the AI will go off on it's own.

Is there any way for player controlled AI to not be affected as much by the mod? It has been nearly impossible to keep them near the player. I am constantly issuing regroup orders and half the time it doesn't work. I have disabled every feature in the hser config that could assign waypoints. But it seems like the AI will go off on it's own.

Have you tried without the mod?

Version 1.13 & 1.15? Actual Version of Game is 1.38 or did i misunderstand something? ^^

Yeah, sorry, I do mean 0.9.15 and 0.9.13 :)

For me I need to save and load the game to get the sound to work! Waiting doesn't matter (I haven't tried to wait 30mins tough) I have fired up Pilgrimage many times now. It's only with 0.9.14 & 0.9.15 I have this issue but I'm shure if I disable other mods it would be fine so no big deal there.

But, where do I put the 2 additional files to make to mod work well with RHS --> @ASR_AI3 --> addons?

Yeah, sorry, I do mean 0.9.15 and 0.9.13 :)

For me I need to save and load the game to get the sound to work! Waiting doesn't matter (I haven't tried to wait 30mins tough) I have fired up Pilgrimage many times now. It's only with 0.9.14 & 0.9.15 I have this issue but I'm shure if I disable other mods it would be fine so no big deal there.

But, where do I put the 2 additional files to make to mod work well with RHS --> @ASR_AI3 --> addons?

Wherever you like. You can make a new mod folder called whatever, say @ASRAI_Xtras, inside it create folder addons and in there throw in those extra config pbos. Then add @ASRAI_Xtras to your mod list to launch the game with.

Good for you :)

Robalo, can you please take a look at his changes and see if you can improve your mod a bit? At the moment I prefer to use Bcombat instead of ASR AI because the AI is less static and more dynamic and because of the nice features like overwatch. But Bcombats slow support is kind of a problem. And then ASR_AI has all those awesome skill features.... It´s bloody hard to choose! An AI mod that combines the best of both mods would be amazing. You both working together could do that. Please?

Edited by Tonci87

I haven't tried ZBE_Cache but I'd disable the "joinlast" feature in userconfig - set to 0. Otherwise the leader that remains when the team is despawned will merge with another group and his buddies in cache heaven will remain there forever. Also make sure you have 0.9.15.

That could indeed be it Robalo. Of course I always use the latest version, but will disable joinlast and report back. ZBE_Cache is wonderful for helping our poor frame rates :)

@ Tonci87 - I feel the same way mate .... I flip flop between bCombat and ASR_AI all the time ! Soooo much win with the pair of them .... but some integration with eachother would afford us the ultimate AI!

EDIT: removing JoinLast sorted the issue with ZBE_Cache.

Edited by Kremator

if i get permission from the 3 modders ( bcombat & asr ai & aiss ) to release my modification on their mods then i will release it as soon as i finish my works in them

if i get permission from the 3 modders ( bcombat & asr ai & aiss ) to release my modification on their mods then i will release it as soon as i finish my works in them

I'm keen to see this, hope it works out with the permissions.