Does this mod mix well with MCC GAIA?

GAIA is too clean and simple to have compatilibity issues with other clean and simple mods, like ASR_AI. So no, no problems running both (at their current states at least).

ASR_AI doesn't have issues with any other mod, by the way (except mods that do the same tweaks it does, of course).

---------- Post added at 09:21 ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 ----------

I looked harder and found a weird sleep in the movetocover routine. Must be what was causing delays in movements between waypoints. Will be patched after I test latest changes a bit more.

Shouldn't that be hotfixed?

The new version has been frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

does this mod work well with ALIVE? will there be a script version available in the near future?

does this mod work well with ALIVE?

Yes, it works well with ALIVE.

does this mod work well with ALIVE? will there be a script version available in the near future?

Script version not possible, this mod relies heavily on configs in addition to scripted features.

Yes, it works well with ALIVE.

Thanks seba1976 for the heads up, just noticed in one of our missions it was not working correctly or working at all.

Script version not possible, this mod relies heavily on configs in addition to scripted features.

No worries @Robalo thought I would ask. Do I need to run Asr ai 3 on both server and client side? Before it just worked on server side only.

Thanks seba1976 for the heads up, just noticed in one of our missions it was not working correctly or working at all.

What happened?

What happened?

They were just standing in the same spot looking like retards even when getting fired upon.

So i'm not sure the previous behavior I noticed is due to ASR, I was still having problems with AI not responding to waypoints after going into combat even with ASR turned off. Is there something in ASR that restricts the normal 'fleeing' behavior from units? That's the only thing i'm not seeing when I have ASR on, which i took at first to think that they weren't responding to waypoints, but I think it's just that they're not running off after a bit which they do without ASR, as far as I could tell.

So either way it looks like the AI suck at responding to waypoints during combat, basically ignoring them until they're back in aware mode. What I am still seeing in ASR is that they don't really re-engage or run off after breaking the initial contact i.e. if they wipe out a few units and both groups are in cover out of sight of each other, they just sit there until they go back into aware mode.

I have a same problem but not only with asr but with all ai mods i posted video 2 pages before, reinstalling game didnt repaired anything :(

I'm having issues with:

AI in player squads not being responsive to commands, AI using smoke even though not disabled in userconfig, and AI not communicating with other units of the same faction within radio range, with clear line of sight while it's enabled in the userconfig.

Still getting that "no entry" error even after setting asr_ai3_main_dayscope to 0.

http://i.imgur.com/ccxbEsF.jpg

Already answered that, you have an out of date or missing ASR AI config for RHS.

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 16:00 ----------

No worries @Robalo thought I would ask. Do I need to run Asr ai 3 on both server and client side? Before it just worked on server side only.

You can run it server-side if all your AI is local to server and you set asr_ai3_main_dayscope = 0 in userconfig. For maximum compatibility you should run it everywhere.

---------- Post added at 16:05 ---------- Previous post was at 16:04 ----------

Is spawned ai by zeus took suppressing fire?

??

This mod does not implement suppression effects.

---------- Post added at 16:10 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

I'm having issues with:

AI in player squads not being responsive to commands, AI using smoke even though not disabled in userconfig, and AI not communicating with other units of the same faction within radio range, with clear line of sight while it's enabled in the userconfig.

I also have an issue, AI not using smoke even though I disabled it in userconfig :)

In seriousness, sorry to hear that, not much to go on but try to isolate mods, disable features, check fps etc. and provide a reproducible issue pointing to this mod.

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:10 ----------

So i'm not sure the previous behavior I noticed is due to ASR, I was still having problems with AI not responding to waypoints after going into combat even with ASR turned off. Is there something in ASR that restricts the normal 'fleeing' behavior from units? That's the only thing i'm not seeing when I have ASR on, which i took at first to think that they weren't responding to waypoints, but I think it's just that they're not running off after a bit which they do without ASR, as far as I could tell.

So either way it looks like the AI suck at responding to waypoints during combat, basically ignoring them until they're back in aware mode. What I am still seeing in ASR is that they don't really re-engage or run off after breaking the initial contact i.e. if they wipe out a few units and both groups are in cover out of sight of each other, they just sit there until they go back into aware mode.

Try the latest version. Speaking of which, link updated in first post. 0.9.15 changes:

- userconfig settings are now made of 2 files: asr_ai3_settings.sqf and asr_ai3_settings_ss.sqf; server-side only settings were moved to the _ss file.

They don't need to be sent to clients so this saves traffic. Only the variables from asr_ai3_settings.sqf are broadcasted.

- asr_ai3_main_reactions is now 1/0 (on/off)

- added asr_ai3_main_getinweapons setting (0 to 1) to configure AI mounting empty static and vehicle weapons

- lower accuracy for civilians so they're easier to identify, to prevent AI reporting them as soldiers

- adjustments in danger fsm so that AI reacts faster after detecting enemy

- slightly faster target sharing (8 - 24 sec)

- reworked reactions; more likely to mount available weapons; based on near enemy strength evaluation, reinforce near friendlies, search and destroy or hide in houses.

- house positions used by subordinates only when house selected as cover

- improved JSRS3 mod fix for AI hearing aid

- movetocover function tweaks

@Robalo: I understand why reactions only occur when groups don't have waypoints but, what situation you have in mind could lead to AI groups existing in missions without waypoints?

Is AI engaging armored vehicles with turned-out crew with small-arms a vanilla or ASR_AI feature? I noticed that when the AI does this, they seem to burst for longer than feasible (crew's already turned in) before shifting fire to softer targets.

We have also noticed that AI engages from much further with 0.9.14 (which in and by itself is great) but from distances where any hit would be pure luck (e.g. 750m+ with no scope) and there's no point to return fire. I haven't observed this enough to give a good recommendation or nail down when and how it occurs but figured it's worth a mention.

@Robalo: I understand why reactions only occur when groups don't have waypoints but, what situation you have in mind could lead to AI groups existing in missions without waypoints?

AI that are just placed / spawned without waypoints or AI that have already completed their waypoints and have nothing else to do :)

Is AI engaging armored vehicles with turned-out crew with small-arms a vanilla or ASR_AI feature? I noticed that when the AI does this, they seem to burst for longer than feasible (crew's already turned in) before shifting fire to softer targets.

We have also noticed that AI engages from much further with 0.9.14 (which in and by itself is great) but from distances where any hit would be pure luck (e.g. 750m+ with no scope) and there's no point to return fire. I haven't observed this enough to give a good recommendation or nail down when and how it occurs but figured it's worth a mention.

noticed this with the Green Draw campaign. AI around 400-500m from opposing group. Just stopped and taking pot-shots. Wouldn't push to the target and the AI squad burned through all their ammo and just sat there.

Nope. That's vanilla and old "feature" :)

There's a chance for sporadic bursts at longer ranges, beyond effective range (550-700m) for some weapons. It's the "ASR_AI_Burst_far" mode. Macros and weapon config sources:

https://github.com/robalo/mods/blob/master/asr_ai3/addons/main/script_weapons.hpp

https://github.com/robalo/mods/blob/master/asr_ai3/addons/main/CfgWeapons.hpp

Thanks for clearing that up. One more question regarding config:

asr_ai3_main_joinlast: Does this apply to all groups or only groups which took losses and were reduced to this number? E.g., would a single unit placed in the editor (as it's own group) merge with a nearby group?

Thanks for clearing that up. One more question regarding config:

asr_ai3_main_joinlast: Does this apply to all groups or only groups which took losses and were reduced to this number? E.g., would a single unit placed in the editor (as it's own group) merge with a nearby group?

No. The initial size of the group is checked. Only groups which were reduced to that number will be allowed to join others.

AI that are just placed / spawned without waypoints or AI that have already completed their waypoints and have nothing else to do :)

Would you agree that that kind of situation is rarely meet, and so "reactions" are almost never seen in action? Which is a pity, 'cos it would put more of your code to better use? Wouldn't it be possible to make it optional to allow reaction routines to kick in even for groups with waypoints? I understand the default should be off, but most of my missions would benefit from the change, and I'm probably not alone in this because, who just put units there and doesn't give them waypoints :)?

Would you agree that that kind of situation is rarely meet, and so "reactions" are almost never seen in action? Which is a pity, 'cos it would put more of your code to better use? Wouldn't it be possible to make it optional to allow reaction routines to kick in even for groups with waypoints? I understand the default should be off, but most of my missions would benefit from the change, and I'm probably not alone in this because, who just put units there and doesn't give them waypoints :)?

Not sure, there's big potential for breaking missions if you divert groups from what they were doing. I think there's plenty potential for this to be seen, since waypoints may complete if CYCLE isn't used. I need a system for saving and restoring waypoints.