You said Zeus. Like I have explained before, with Zeus missions all the AI are spawned on game-master's machine. So he must be running the mod too.

I was definitely running the mod on my machine when I tried it. But I only tried RHS units, and I didn't have the RHS pbo file that you just posted earlier. I'm thinking that's why there was no effect.

Gdent are u on a dedicated server or testing on your machine? Spawning in zeus creates the AI local to your machine (which is so noob of bis). Meaning if asr is only running on server they wont be changed by asr.

Hey, an update in first post: 0.9.12 is out.

- defaults tweaked, minor changes:

-- less smoke

-- reduced gunshot hearing coef to compensate to sound level increase in 1.36

-- reduced spotting skills for all unit types except snipers

-- overall skill decrease by adjusting faction coefficients; added faction coef macro to tidy up the config

- removed visibleFire ammo parameters

- increase maximum engagement ranges a bit

- server executes setskill for all AI on all machines

- no longer except group leaders from entering houses (means single units can now do that too)

- prevent from getting busy units assigned new waypoints (for scripted reactions)

- units with hold wp no longer sent to seek cover or get into buildings

- NVS and TWS properly used now (set as opticType = 1 to enable longer engagements)

- day scopes are now less useful at night for AI - they're used as CQB sights (requires ASDG JointRails to work, vanilla sights are auto-replaced at night with opticType = 0 sights)

- add support for smoke shells from BWA3 and RHS mods

In case anyone is interested in adding the "no scopes at night" thing to third party mods, here's a config example:

class optic_DMS : ItemCore {
	class ItemInfo;
	asr_ai_variants[] = {"optic_DMS","ASR_optic_DMS_AI_N"};
};
class ASR_optic_DMS_AI_N : optic_DMS {
	scope = 1;
	class ItemInfo : ItemInfo {
		opticType = 0;
	};
};

Then of course the new attachment needs to be made compatible with the weapons/rails via compatibleItems[] array or compatibleItems class (ASDG JR FTW!)

Enjoy!

Edited by Robalo

Gdent are u on a dedicated server or testing on your machine? Spawning in zeus creates the AI local to your machine (which is so noob of bis). Meaning if asr is only running on server they wont be changed by asr.

I first tested ASR with the mod only running on the server, but then I tested it on both server and my machine. It didn't affect anything either way, but I didn't have the RHS PBOs and didn't test it with anything but RHS and Leight's units

nice one robalo. do we scrap that extra rhs config now? if we don't want to use the change scope function do we have to do anything?

Use the Rhs config if you have the Rhs mod. For options check userconfig as usual. Note - userconfig has been updated in this new version.

Thanks Robalo! Will try this new update today.

Okay, I have a small question. Do we still need those RHS and CAF Aggressors PBOs with this new 0.9.12 version? And do we still need to add RHS and other factions to the userconfig file? Thanks.

Thanks for the update Roablo!

What does enableSupport do?

The new version has been frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks Robalo! Will try this new update today.

Okay, I have a small question. Do we still need those RHS and CAF Aggressors PBOs with this new 0.9.12 version? And do we still need to add RHS and other factions to the userconfig file? Thanks.

By default the mod only fully supports vanilla game.

For best experience with third party mods the optional configs provided are recommended.

You may always tweak via userconfig as you like - this is mostly for advanced users and generally not needed.

Also, please try to search/read before posting.

---------- Post added at 19:29 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

Thanks for the update Roablo!

What does enableSupport do?

That one is old. When a near friendly group is taking casualties and is in contact with a superiorenemy force another group may move to it's location to reinforce it

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:29 ----------

Thank you for the updates, Foxhound and Kari !

Thanx for the continued development of this fantastic AI modification. Your work is truly appreciated!! :icon_dj:

robablo, sorry for the dumb questions but I'm late to the party and just spotted you offer a special RHS PBO.

I'm using ASR_Ai on a dedicated server with RHS units and vanilla units together as Opfor.

I have added RHS faction weightings i.e.

class rhs_faction_vdv { // RHS Airbourne A3A
		coef = 0.85;
	};
	class rhs_faction_tv { // RHS Tank Forces A3A
		coef = 0.8;
	};

I have also loaded in the specific Unit classnames into the specific "class Level 4" regular slot. Should I still be running the Extra Pbo ?

Cheers

robablo, sorry for the dumb questions but I'm late to the party and just spotted you offer a special RHS PBO.

I'm using ASR_Ai on a dedicated server with RHS units and vanilla units together as Opfor.

I have added RHS faction weightings i.e.

class rhs_faction_vdv { // RHS Airbourne A3A
		coef = 0.85;
	};
	class rhs_faction_tv { // RHS Tank Forces A3A
		coef = 0.8;
	};

I have also loaded in the specific Unit classnames into the specific "class Level 4" regular slot. Should I still be running the Extra Pbo ?

Cheers

Yes you should still run it. As much flexibility the userconfig allows, it will never allow as much as what is can be accomplished in a customized config tailored for a specific mod. I would like to release more configs for third party mods, it's not very difficult do do, but because large/important mods for Arma3 are still in their infancy and developed at a rapid rate, it is very time consuming to keep track of all what is changed/added and maintain compatibility.

Edited by Robalo

Ok will add to the dedicated. One final question if we add say the RHS custom mod should we remove it before playing with a different faction or will ASR ai still happily co-exist ?

SJ

Ok will add to the dedicated. One final question if we add say the RHS custom mod should we remove it before playing with a different faction or will ASR ai still happily co-exist ?

SJ

You should remove it only if you remove RHS from your mod set.

Ah is there anyway to make it invisible..

Because we change our modsets on a weekly basis depending on which server is live and it will be a pain to recover and re-add this each time.

Also noticed you had mixed up IND_F and IND_G_F on the standard config F is Greek army and G_F is Greek Guerillas

---------- Post added at 21:45 ---------- Previous post was at 21:11 ----------

yep got a problem with

'asr_ai3_rhs_c' requires addon 'rhs_c_troops'

I guess because one of our servers is not running the RHS mods.... ?

We share a @mods folder across multiple server instances so this could be an issue ?

Ok solved with @ASR_A3_RHS

Copy Paste - a Wonderful thing :-)

---------- Post added at 23:33 ---------- Previous post was at 21:45 ----------

Sorry for the Spam posts - testing as I go along.

We weren't originally running the US component of RHS i.e. RHS_usf3.

That error I posted is because the RHS config PBO looking for the usf3 component of RHS if anyone is wondering.. Robalo - would be really good for the RHS.pbo to be transparent if you're NOT running RHS components ?

-

Edited by serjames

after adding the RHS and CAF AG pbo files to the server and clients and updating the userconfig, Asr ai 3 now works just as it should. thanks for all the help everyone. I bet it won't work with every faction, but I think I can figure that out now

my opinion if you are using a dedicated server is to only run ASR on the server. we find we are constantly fine tuning the userconfig skill values which would not be possible if every client had their own userconfig. there are so many variables, type of mission, how many players etc. obviously not everyone goes to these lengths but just sayin it just seems messy to have all players run the mod, especially when it works perfectly when its only run on the server.

Robalo, everything is working sweet with RHS and the new update. just one request, the Russians don't launch RPGs at players no matter what kind of rockets they are carrying. are u able to look at that? default units do it when using the rpg42 alamut. tested with 20 rpg Russians with me as allowdamage false. even took all their AKs away and they still didn't use it. as soon as I got in a vehicle they used them straight away, no matter if they had anti personel or anti tank.

haven't seen them throw smoke either, but have only done a few tests so far.

Thx for the awsome work you put into this Robalo !

Just have question regarding the latest release.

I installed using Six and i see no changes in the userconfig files. Is that not updated and can be left as is or do i need to dl and update that manually?

I did not see any differences in the userconfig "spoiler"

The reason why im asking is this : - NVS and TWS properly used now (set as opticType = 1 to enable longer engagements)

I have a bit of fear that the enemy might be a handful if they use TWS properly. More or less all fixed/ mobile CSAT weapons in A3 has TWS. Its not like we are walking over the ai now :)

It is possible to turn of TWS in the mission, but its either a big job or remove ALL TWS possibilites for both enemy and friendly.

So just thought to have the ability to turn on/ off "NVS and TWS properly used now" might be an idea if not allready there.

my opinion if you are using a dedicated server is to only run ASR on the server. we find we are constantly fine tuning the userconfig skill values which would not be possible if every client had their own userconfig.....

The Server trumps the Clients cfg.

... (set as opticType = 1 to enable longer engagements)...

Set it to 0

I installed using Six and i see no changes in the userconfig files. Is that not updated and can be left as is or do i need to dl and update that manually?

I had that problem with PWS as well - had to manually copy the userconfig file.

my opinion if you are using a dedicated server is to only run ASR on the server. we find we are constantly fine tuning the userconfig skill values which would not be possible if every client had their own userconfig. there are so many variables, type of mission, how many players etc. obviously not everyone goes to these lengths but just sayin it just seems messy to have all players run the mod, especially when it works perfectly when its only run on the server.

My understanding was that the server's userconfig file takes precedence and will overwrite any client config value.