hey does this mod have an update inbound to accomdate the RHS release? im not saying its needed, just wonerdering as there are faction classes down bottom of config...

should be just add all classnames to the arrays?

Robalo, first off love the mod, please keep up the great work!!

Unfortunately recently our community has been having issues getting our dedicated server to work properly... Our dedi servers have run ASR fine in the past, but recently we have noticed the AI were getting "harder" again.

So i've been running some tests and re-adjusting the userconfig file on my local system, seeing how it plays, then uploading to the server... doing a few sessions with other players... still really hard, so I adjust again on my client without issue. Push to opreset, ensure server updates, play a few more sessions... still insanely accurate AI. So i have been doing some investigating...

After dramatically adjusting the userconfig, I manually ensured the config was in the right location on my client and the server.

I disabled all other mods apart from CBA_A3 and of course ASR AI.

Multiplayer Client Host

The ASR debug tool says the unit has the expected skill level.

Using the skillFinal watch function in the Arma debugging tool, it too sees the AI has the "correct" skill level of around 0.01.

having a test firefight with the AI gives the impression the AI has indeed been given a horrific aiming accuracy skill, as to be expected.

Dedicated Server Host

(this is the exact same mission pbo'd and uploaded to the server, again without any other mods)

Using the skillFinal watch function in the Arma debugging tool, it says the AI has a skill level of around 0.8-1.0

Having a firefight with the AI gives the impression they have indeed got a very high skill level!!!

I have since made sure the AI difficulty settings in ALL of the server profiles are set to an acceptable standard (0.1), and ensured we do not have UltraAI enabled or the like...

Im going crazy..... HELP?!?!

Cheers,

Walker

hey does this mod have an update inbound to accomdate the RHS release? im not saying its needed, just wonerdering as there are faction classes down bottom of config...

should be just add all classnames to the arrays?

It's a matter of fine-tuning, which can be done via userconfig, but I plan to make a AI config for RHS to cover all aspects.

---------- Post added at 22:19 ---------- Previous post was at 22:17 ----------

Dedicated Server Host

(this is the exact same mission pbo'd and uploaded to the server, again without any other mods)

Using the skillFinal watch function in the Arma debugging tool, it says the AI has a skill level of around 0.8-1.0

Having a firefight with the AI gives the impression they have indeed got a very high skill level!!!

I have since made sure the AI difficulty settings in ALL of the server profiles are set to an acceptable standard (0.1), and ensured we do not have UltraAI enabled or the like...

Im going crazy..... HELP?!?!

Cheers,

Walker

Can I have a look at the dedicated server RPT please.

Are the values identical for the server and for the clients? What are the values of AI local to a client?

[quote name=

Can I have a look at the dedicated server RPT please.[/quote]

(Appologies for the delay)

Of course...

This is our server just running ASR and CBA, on a mission with editor created AI.

This is the fresh userconfig file (with some changes) I used to create the above results.

Cheers,

Walker

RPT looks good aside from this error which may not be related:

19:34:40 File userconfig\asr_ai3\asr_ai3_settings.hpp, line 52: Config: ';' used as a separator in the array

I did not see it in your userconfig, perhaps you fixed it before posting it.

OK so how are you getting the high skill values, (if skillfinal, where from ?) and for which units ?

How do I reproduce it ?

Thanks,

RPT looks good aside from this error which may not be related:

19:34:40 File userconfig\asr_ai3\asr_ai3_settings.hpp, line 52: Config: ';' used as a separator in the array

I did not see it in your userconfig, perhaps you fixed it before posting it.

OK so how are you getting the high skill values, (if skillfinal, where from ?) and for which units ?

How do I reproduce it ?

Thanks,

Hi again Robalo, apologies for late reply again. We had issues with our server after the update yesterday.

So the way i have been testing is with the Arma debug tool using the following watch commands...

ai_test.jpg

As you can see from the previous RTP, ASR seems to think it has given the skill value, but the server thinks the AI skill is much higher. Im not sure if this is the correct way to check the skill of an AI that is effectively on the server, however taking 30 rounds to the chest at 200 meters would suggest they do indeed have that kind of skill value...

Is there any known addon or anything that blocks ASR from applying these functions? Although I have tried without any other mods and still get the same kind of result.

The only thing I haven't done, is test with a brand new server profile (including with the difficulty stuff).

Your help is much appreciated!!

Cheers,

Walker

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

I don't suppose you have come across any issues with "aiLevelPreset" in server profiles??

Just noticed we had ours set to "2" which according to the following post is high.

Will do some testing with it removed (and set to 3) and see what happens.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169122-AI-Configuration-feedback&p=2639166&viewfull=1#post2639166

Apart from this post there isn't much info about this.... don't really know how it crept into our server profile =S

I use aiLevelPreset 1 for regular and 2 for veteran.

Here's how I tested it. Once you execute that on the server you get the actual skills from the server.

sXO2N1Nl.png

So the interesting find is that setskill's effects are local only. I will make sure for next update to run setskill on all machines (with server settings).

Being able to configure autofire would be great - in any way.

I spent a lot of time working out scripting just to change a squad in a particular mission to allow them to autofire and it's being overridden by this - with no way for me to just turn off that function or even more useful would be able to do it from within asrai.

A specific weapon, side or distance I want autofire to be used at would be good. This particular squad are using silenced SMG's and have to move fast, long firefights to save ammunition are not going to work. There is a trigger to bring a chopper with OPFOR reinforcements into the area if they a guard gets to use his radio. I turn off ASRAI and they autofire bringing guards down in less than a second. With ASRAI it begins a firefight.

The more user-configurable things there are, the less instances of not being able to do something we want there can be.

Edited by thefinn

I can confirm that AI are sort of OP now, I had to lower the accuracy in arma 3 server profile to 0.15 to make it playable

I find it difficult but really playable. It's somewhere between "normal AI" and PVP which is fine for me.

So the interesting find is that setskill's effects are local only. I will make sure for next update to run setskill on all machines (with server settings).

Indeed....

using your method returns some expected results, and I think by removing the ailevelpreset from my profiles I have resolved my problem of the AI insane!

I will report back with any other findings, but once again thank you so much for the mod and your help!

Cheers,

Walker

Another funny thing, even after running setskill everywhere, skillfinal gives a lower skill on server than on local machine:

global exec setskill ["general", 0.2] => skillfinal 0.44 on server, 0.6 on pc

global exec setskill ["general", 1] => skillfinal 0.94 on server, 1 on pc

The difference stays the same with or without equal profile settings server vs. client and regardless of having ASR AI3 running on client or not (so it's not about cfgaiskill interpolation).

I see the special config for CAF Aggressors. Is ASR AI only meant for vanilla units, or will it work on anything spawned - like through MCC's MW?

No biggie if it doesn't, I kinda prefer CSAT over all anyway. They're well equipped and are currently (thanks to ASR AI) putting up a great fight.

Hello, do i have to installed the mod on all client or only on the dedicated server ? And do i have to disable AGM AI ? Thank :)

Edited by darshyne

Another funny thing, even after running setskill everywhere, skillfinal gives a lower skill on server than on local machine:

global exec setskill ["general", 0.2] => skillfinal 0.44 on server, 0.6 on pc

global exec setskill ["general", 1] => skillfinal 0.94 on server, 1 on pc

The difference stays the same with or without equal profile settings server vs. client and regardless of having ASR AI3 running on client or not (so it's not about cfgaiskill interpolation).

A tracker-ticket exists.

And I can confirm that it has nothing to do with ASR_AI3 or any script-set skillsets. The return values for skill are always identical and what you'd expect them to be. For the time being I've set this in our server.cfg:

skillAI=1;
       precisionAI=0.3;

which produces results at least similar to what one would expect. But ofc. it doesn't help with the issue if AI is local to a client and the client has set up some sort of über-AI.

boggler;2814360']Can anyone tell what I have to change in the userconfig if I use the RHS:Escalation units?

There is a very high possibility you don't have to change nothing.

For *conventional forces (regulars/militia/specops) every addon inherits from main ARMA's classes.

So if an RHS unit is classified under "Special forces" it will inherit from main ARMA's so ASR_AI will work.

(correct me guyz if i m wrong plz)

Hey robalo, are you able to recommend a mod or a method (script or function) that works alongside asr to get ai to garrison (or at least move into) houses/building. And not just altis building but arma 2 ones also...

I know the ai in asr seek cover in buildings but would like them to enter before they go into combat.

Great work btw. Thanks.

Hey robalo, are you able to recommend a mod or a method (script or function) that works alongside asr to get ai to garrison (or at least move into) houses/building. And not just altis building but arma 2 ones also...

I know the ai in asr seek cover in buildings but would like them to enter before they go into combat.

Great work btw. Thanks.

Please excuse my intrusion-because you originally asked for Robalo.

I personally NEVER stop using WW AIMenu (complimentary commands) by Windwalking.

Among some other useful things it allows you to do is give Individuals or whole group Order to "Clear" or "Force garrison" any enterable building.

*an also MUST feature is it gives you option to Un-stuck an AI team member to avoid tons of frustration in most missions..

*Select team member F2 etc -> press num9 (default/configurable)..and more order options opens

enjoy :)

Edited by GiorgyGR

Hehe all good mate, any help is appreciated. Will look into it, but i should have mentioned that we are an online coop clan meaning friendly AI are never used. Will see if it has what im lookin for. Cheers

any chance of releasing ASR as a script for portable mission making? or is that technically unfeasible? really great mod btw

Hehe all good mate, any help is appreciated. Will look into it, but i should have mentioned that we are an online coop clan meaning friendly AI are never used. Will see if it has what im lookin for. Cheers

I wrote a few functions to get AI into buildings for our sessions, they are part of my library (under /AI/). I wrote those with perfomance in mind, so the AI won't necessarily face out of windows or react dynamically (ASR_AI3 does usually take care of that well enough). If you need something like that have a look at Zorilya's script.

Great work btw. Thanks.

It will have to depend on what is spawning, ordering the AI. What are your missions using for that?

So any groups that are placed in 2d editor usually have cycle waypoints, these units get cached at the start of the mission and then uncached when players are in in 1km range. Also the mission maker has access to our custom debug console which is used to spawn groups while in game if needed.

When groups are spawned they can be issued with 1 waypoint at a time where u can set location, speed and behaviour.

I guess the aim is just to populate houses, just so that when ppl clear them there are actually enemy inside. Obviously i could do it manually with each units waypoint in 2d editor but would rather have some sort of automatic system.

Will check out the above scripts. Thanks