@Robalo

Just my experience and a quick feedback.

I use this for a large battle MP CTI. Without your mod the AI especially the infantry dies very fast/often.

Now with your mod installed only on server the AI moves carefully and slower. They are able to attack and capture a town with no help from vehicles.

Thats awesome.

Just one thing. I saw them often doing something weird. Stand-walk 2 steps-lay down-stand up-look-walk 2 steps-lay down.... and so on.

Thats a bit to slow to move on....

To me one thing is the most important. AT Infantry soldiers have to be the most aggressive vs vehicles.

This doesnt work well in vanilla yet...

Hello i did some test, and I disabled a mod at a time.

The server will not start with either the new Mcc or with STI machinegun and launcher.

As usually sorry for my poor english :)

@Muecke

I don't know about that dance, I'd say it wasn't me who taught them that :)

@Nikolai

Not sure I understand, what have you concluded after your testing ?

Updated to 0.9.11

- update class inheritances for patch 1.32

- optimize array operations using pushBack

- soldiers respond much more aggressively to known targets

- can now use near building positions when looking for cover

- reuse already known good near cover spots (performance tweak)

The new version has been frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I have issues changing the AI skills using asr_ai3_settings.hpp.

I have changed the values in the .hpp from 1.0 to 0.1, set debug to 1, tried pretty much anything.

Nothing I do seems to have any impact. I restart arma 3 and load a mission which with some CSAT AI and tells me their skillFinal "aimingaccuracy",.

Their skill is always between 0.3-0.5. I also don't see any debug markers or hints.

Testing on my own machine, local MP and SP. Latest ASR AI and CBA_A3 from six updater.

Help please!

asr_ai3_settings.hpp http://pastebin.com/izb2fV8e

I have issues changing the AI skills using asr_ai3_settings.hpp.

I have changed the values in the .hpp from 1.0 to 0.1, set debug to 1, tried pretty much anything.

Nothing I do seems to have any impact. I restart arma 3 and load a mission which with some CSAT AI and tells me their skillFinal "aimingaccuracy",.

Their skill is always between 0.3-0.5. I also don't see any debug markers or hints.

Testing on my own machine, local MP and SP. Latest ASR AI and CBA_A3 from six updater.

Help please!

asr_ai3_settings.hpp http://pastebin.com/izb2fV8e

It's unclear to me what you're trying to do and what the problem is.

Just a small request for a feature - part of the behavior in sysdanger is that units will sometimes attempt to man nearby static weapons and vehicle gunner positions. However, some missions my squad runs require the players to try to capture a vehicle intact and when the AI hops into the positions it can be really hard to get them out without blowing the vehicle.

If there was some way we could mark vehicles by setting a variable or something that would prevent the AI from getting into it automatically that would be awesome.

Just a small request for a feature - part of the behavior in sysdanger is that units will sometimes attempt to man nearby static weapons and vehicle gunner positions. However, some missions my squad runs require the players to try to capture a vehicle intact and when the AI hops into the positions it can be really hard to get them out without blowing the vehicle.

If there was some way we could mark vehicles by setting a variable or something that would prevent the AI from getting into it automatically that would be awesome.

I can't give you a variable for the vehicles yet (will keep in mind for next updates) but you can disable the defend reaction with this little bit of code in your mission:

asr_ai3_sysdanger_reactions set [1,0];

It's unclear to me what you're trying to do and what the problem is.

Thanks for the reply.

I am trying to change the AI aiming skill in asr_ai3_settings.hpp

This does not seem to be working. AI aiming skill does not change when changing the value in the .hpp file.

Thanks for the reply.

I am trying to change the AI aiming skill in asr_ai3_settings.hpp

This does not seem to be working. AI aiming skill does not change when changing the value in the .hpp file.

Just tested what you did (gave the CSAT faction 0.1 coefficient and worked just fine. They ended up with very low final subskills and they were massacrated by BLUFOR).

Example from RPT:

"Unit O Alpha 1-3:1, type O_Soldier_TL_F, faction OPF_F with coef 0.1, has skill 0.0855154"
"13.448 | Unit O Alpha 1-3:1 has final sub-skill aimingAccuracy value 0.0410101"
"13.448 | Unit O Alpha 1-3:1 has final sub-skill aimingShake value 0.0519097"
"13.448 | Unit O Alpha 1-3:1 has final sub-skill aimingSpeed value 0.536632"
"13.448 | Unit O Alpha 1-3:1 has final sub-skill spotDistance value 0.221258"
"13.448 | Unit O Alpha 1-3:1 has final sub-skill spotTime value 0.0682252"
"13.448 | Unit O Alpha 1-3:1 has final sub-skill courage value 0.130572"
"13.448 | Unit O Alpha 1-3:1 has final sub-skill reloadSpeed value 0.148253"
"13.448 | Unit O Alpha 1-3:1 has final sub-skill commanding value 0.112559"
"13.448 | Unit O Alpha 1-3:1 has final sub-skill general value 0.153928"

Your RPT ?

Note that you did not change aiming but a global coefficient per faction which applies to all the skills. If your mission uses other factions not listed in userconfig then you haven't really changed anything.

Just tested what you did (gave the CSAT faction 0.1 coefficient and worked just fine. They ended up with very low final subskills and they were massacrated by BLUFOR).

Example from RPT:

"Unit O Alpha 1-3:1, type O_Soldier_TL_F, faction OPF_F with coef 0.1, has skill 0.0855154"
"13.448 | Unit O Alpha 1-3:1 has final sub-skill aimingAccuracy value 0.0410101"
"13.448 | Unit O Alpha 1-3:1 has final sub-skill aimingShake value 0.0519097"
"13.448 | Unit O Alpha 1-3:1 has final sub-skill aimingSpeed value 0.536632"
"13.448 | Unit O Alpha 1-3:1 has final sub-skill spotDistance value 0.221258"
"13.448 | Unit O Alpha 1-3:1 has final sub-skill spotTime value 0.0682252"
"13.448 | Unit O Alpha 1-3:1 has final sub-skill courage value 0.130572"
"13.448 | Unit O Alpha 1-3:1 has final sub-skill reloadSpeed value 0.148253"
"13.448 | Unit O Alpha 1-3:1 has final sub-skill commanding value 0.112559"
"13.448 | Unit O Alpha 1-3:1 has final sub-skill general value 0.153928"

Your RPT ?

Note that you did not change aiming but a global coefficient per faction which applies to all the skills. If your mission uses other factions not listed in userconfig then you haven't really changed anything.

Can you share your mission please?

my rpt; https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-pcqje99exHUmdaVC16eG5mQ1k/view?usp=sharing

Just a simple test, throw a few red and blue groups in the editor and let them have at it.

Your doesn't have the setskill debug info. Set debug = 1 in userconfig and give it a minute the get the skills configured.

Then get the RPT.

Just a simple test, throw a few red and blue groups in the editor and let them have at it.

Your doesn't have the setskill debug info. Set debug = 1 in userconfig and give it a minute the get the skills configured.

Then get the RPT.

Debug is set to 1. Also on that previous .rpt

here is another .rpt and asr_ai3_settings.hpp https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-pcqje99exHMThhbEpkaU9BZFU/view?usp=sharing

asr_ai3_settings.hpp stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@asr_ai3\userconfig

Game started using playwithsix (CBA_A3 & ASR_AI3 latest, confirmed running in main menu).

load SP editor, spawn 2 NATO squads, 2 CSAT squads. play for 2 minutes...

@Captainblaffer Look for the userconfig folder within your @ASR_AI folder, and manually copy it to your main userconfig folder*. Overwrite the existing one. PWS is not updating the userconfig correctly.

* Should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\asr_ai3 (or very similar)

@Captainblaffer Look for the userconfig folder within your @ASR_AI folder, and manually copy it to your main userconfig folder*. Overwrite the existing one. PWS is not updating the userconfig correctly.

* Should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\asr_ai3 (or very similar)

Thanks problem solved!

I was editing the wrong settings file.

CORRECT FILE: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\asr_ai3\asr_ai3_settings.hpp

is there a possibility to turn off the NVG-store-in-inventory feature? cause it is a little bit of a problem when using unit-mods that use the NVG slots for other items, which then are removed too i think^^

killswitch;2801165']is there a possibility to turn off the NVG-store-in-inventory feature? cause it is a little bit of a problem when using unit-mods that use the NVG slots for other items' date=' which then are removed too i think^^[/quote']

You think or you know ? My code checks for items with simulation "NVGoggles", not looking for slot. Anyways, userconfig:

packNVG = 1;                   // Automatically un-equip NVG during the day (store them in the vest/backpack) and re-equip when it gets dark

If you have items with simulation "NVGoggles" that are not actually NVGs (weird), or you just like AI to keep NVGs on their heads all day long then you can set that to 0 in userconfig.

yes this mod i use has glasses that also have an "integrated" NVG-function^^... i dont use it but the glasses were removed...

but it seems my userconfig wasnt updated correctly, now I have got the option to turn it off, i'm sorry!

greets

Hello Robalo,

would be somehow possible to globally alter spotting or engaging distance for AI? Because now in Arma 3 it's kind off op when AI with iron sights is engaging 400m from your position and you can barely see them and they can kill you very easily.

It's kind of unreal that AI can identify you as enemy at such long distance and kill you without any problems.

Hello Robalo,

would be somehow possible to globally alter spotting or engaging distance for AI? Because now in Arma 3 it's kind off op when AI with iron sights is engaging 400m from your position and you can barely see them and they can kill you very easily.

It's kind of unreal that AI can identify you as enemy at such long distance and kill you without any problems.

First of all, what you're describing does not sound like what I'm experiencing with ASR AI on default settings.

Spotting - it's possible to alter it globally by changing cfgAiskill class (not easy for regular user, but for a config modder).

You can easily adjust spotting in userconfig for each skill level though.

Engaging distance - no, that is configured per weapon and type of optics available on it. Keep in mind that if you're using modded weapons, they don't always have properly configured AI settings.

With this mod, AI may share targets so if you were seen by a sniper or some other soldier with optics, near AI will learn about your last known/perceived location. Yes they may fire from 400m with iron sights but that would be like taking pot shots or fire random bursts with crappy accuracy. Also know that once you fired your weapon, chances are very high that they will figure out your location (less so when suppressed).

Again, I'm not sure if you're describing your experience with this mod or vanilla or using modded units/weapons. I can say that after many months of tweaking I don't have much more to do when it comes to AI configs, quite ok with how things are balanced right now.