The page dev.withsix is down atm.

Working fine now: http://dev.withsix.com/projects/asr-ai/files

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:41 ----------

See here for someone working on improving vehicles... I imagine help would be much appreciated

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Tanks_Config_Guidelines

Thanks, but I don't see anything related to AI there.

Working fine now: http://dev.withsix.com/projects/asr-ai/files

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:41 ----------

Thanks, but I don't see anything related to AI there.

Oops wrong bloody link... hang on, try this one. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?182368-Smarter-tanks-script

The new version has been frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Anyone know how the default skill values inside arma3.profile affect the asr_settings.hpp?

example. Would a 'regular 2' asr preset with the profile skill at 1 be more skilled than if it was set to 0.5?

Is this working fine with Bcombat?

sorry if this question have been addressed before, i'm just lazy atm.

Anyone know how the default skill values inside arma3.profile affect the asr_settings.hpp?

example. Would a 'regular 2' asr preset with the profile skill at 1 be more skilled than if it was set to 0.5?

Yes (has been asked/answered before). Read the notes on this page: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/AI_Sub-skills

ASR AI modifies the way AI final skills are calculated by

1. customized CfgAISkill class

2. setSkill array command

The profile setting does matter. What it does not matter, with this mod, is the skill slider for each individual unit in the editor.

You can easily test this by setting debug = 1 under sysaiskill in userconfig and check final skills given to each unit in the RPT file.

Robalo, can you confirm the "get inside building" works? I have our probability setting on 0.9 but I rarely see AI moving into buildings.

Edited by Variable

Robalo, can you confirm the "get inside building" works? I have our probability setting on 0.9 but I rarely see AI moving into buildings.

It works but definitely needs more tweaking. If only we'd also have the AI not take shortcuts and falling through the walls to their demise...

Apparently AGM has an AI pbo. Not sure what it does, do u think it could interfere with ASR?

Wait maybe the AI pbo is the civllian interact stuff and the one that breaks captives? not sure just a guess

Had this error in our server RPT last night with v0.9.9. We are running several other mods but which as far as I know shoudln't conflict with ASR AI.

Bad conversion: array
Error in expression < reveal [_veh,_k];
;
};
} forEach (_veh nearEntities [["CAManBase","StaticWeapon>
Error position: <nearEntities [["CAManBase","StaticWeapon>
Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
File x\asr_ai3\addons\sysaiskill\fnc_firedEH.sqf, line 150

Had this error in our server RPT last night with v0.9.9. We are running several other mods but which as far as I know shoudln't conflict with ASR AI.

Bad conversion: array
Error in expression < reveal [_veh,_k];
;
};
} forEach (_veh nearEntities [["CAManBase","StaticWeapon>
Error position: <nearEntities [["CAManBase","StaticWeapon>
Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
File x\asr_ai3\addons\sysaiskill\fnc_firedEH.sqf, line 150

Max AI hearing range takes some values from the sound configs of the weapons fired. Perhaps you're running mods for which the sound configs haven't been updated to the 1.24 patch structure.

Thanks for the reply. I will have a look into that. I probably will have to visit the BWA3 Mod team.

Hey Robalo. I have to say the customization options make this easily the best AI mod on the block. Big kudos for making my missions that much more realistic.

Is there any way you can make the odds of a unit throwing a grenade configurable? I'd love it if AI used grenades more as my crap CPU doesn't like a lot of high powered vehicles on the battlefield.

Also what are the chances of allowing AI to pop flares at night? I can't run MP so I rarely ever get to see them unless I fire them which defeats the purpose of NVGs. Sorry if this has already been suggested and replied to, the thread is a tad big.

I don't mean to hound you or anything I just love the mod so much I'd like to see it improved. I literally sat down and compared it to GL5, R3F's mod, bCombat, and FFIS in multiple engagement scenarios and yours won pretty easily because of the configuration, smoke usage, building usage, and no BS setup.

is there an advanced or optimized pathfinding mod for both vehicles and units? im finally noticing the bad pathfinding after letting my squadmate drive my IFV a couple of times

Is there any way you can make the odds of a unit throwing a grenade configurable? I'd love it if AI used grenades more as my crap CPU doesn't like a lot of high powered vehicles on the battlefield.

Also what are the chances of allowing AI to pop flares at night? I can't run MP so I rarely ever get to see them unless I fire them which defeats the purpose of NVGs. Sorry if this has already been suggested and replied to, the thread is a tad big.

Since the AI throwing frags is entirely engine controlled, it would be a bit tricky to make it configurable. That said, I wasn't happy about how often they throw frags either, so I tweaked the configs further to increase the chance of AI using them by a lot.

For the flares, it will probably need to be scripted. It can be done of course, will keep that in mind.

I would like to humbly request for an option for the AI to have unlimited ammo, is this possible?

Since the AI throwing frags is entirely engine controlled, it would be a bit tricky to make it configurable. That said, I wasn't happy about how often they throw frags either, so I tweaked the configs further to increase the chance of AI using them by a lot.

For the flares, it will probably need to be scripted. It can be done of course, will keep that in mind.

Gotcha. Thanks for the consideration man.

I would like to humbly request for an option for the AI to have unlimited ammo, is this possible?

I was in fact considering a system where you'd get a lot less ammo when you go looting dead bodies, but in the end I'd rather just get some form of rearming working.

I was in fact considering a system where you'd get a lot less ammo when you go looting dead bodies, but in the end I'd rather just get some form of rearming working.

Do you know of any other mod that adds this ( unlimited ammo to AI units ) without breaking your great mod :)

Edited by Denco

Hmm unlimited ammo? How long do your firefights last? AI infantrie dont attack at high range, on low distances (0-400m) its normally over before they need to rearm. This would change if ai would do more suppression fire to get their teams in better position and for players if ai will try and stay longer on full cover. When you shoot a full burst 1m beside the ai, they just not care much about the situation as long as no one is hit ;)

Edited by Numrollen