I thought of this as well. What im not so happy about is the AimingAccuracy, they often is too strong. As i already stated, SpotDistance is important for vehicles and perhaps for special forces that uses better optics while spottime should remain still low but higher then normal infantrie that dont uses thermal vision.

Also as im gettin in MCC right now, does ASR ai work togehter with MCC Gaia? I think there are some conflict given. I live both very much, it greatly buffs arma3 to what ai should act like!

when groups are in COMBAT MODE does not appear to be working properly :(.GAIA simply stop to assign waypoints. I have tried to deactivate radio comunication in ASR but without success.

The only iA mod from my experience is working well with MCC and it is trouble free its BC combat, i suppose this because doesn't have radio funcion.

sorry for my bad english

Edited by Rapax

@R4IDER

Skills are handled, see feature list.

@Numrollen

I don't think the AI is too accurate with the provided defaults when playing on regular difficulty.

It's up to you to adjust settings to your liking, you have more than a way to do that.

@Numrollen, Rapax

No way sharing knowledge has anything to do with GAIA not working. I need more info, how do you tell when GAIA is working and when it is not ?

Try disabling reactions in userconfig and see if that changes anything.

Hi Robalo!

steps to reproduce

i place 2 gaia zones, zone a and zone b. If zone a is attacked, the second zone in normal situation reacts to a threat

sending forces, drawing the waypoints and flanking the enemyes. I notice that ASR with GAIA icons change of color, they are in "combat" mode but but don't move.:confused:

i will try disabling reactions in userconfig

Thank you for your time and patience.

S!

Edited by Rapax

Rapax, do you see differences in assigned waypoints by Gaia with or without ASR?

You can check this by selecting the side button in mcc which displays units and waypoints or use Zeus.

To verify the actual combat mode of group you can also use spectator in mcc and press Y. The colour of the smoke shows the combat mode: green is safe, yellow is aware, red is combat, blue is careless, and cyan is stealth

In next release of gaia smoke will be disabled when ASR mod is detected to avoid double smoke.

We will try to pinpoint and solve other potential conflicts with ASR so feedback is highly appreciated.

(I don't have access to Arma for a few days so can't check myself)

Thanks Ollem for your input and for working on compatibility. I did not get the chance to debug this yet but I suspect that GAIA and ASR might fight over which will assign waypoints first. In ASR waypoints are assigned for units that have none active as part of the "reaction" feature. That is why I recommend you try disable them when using ASR with GAIA: set reactions = {0,0,0}; in userconfig. If this proves to be what needs to be done I may add a check for GAIA and disable them automatically in a future update.

Hi Olem.

GAIA without ASR work for me. the problem its GAIA with ASR working together, As I have said before in a single area I do not see a problem. i see behave strangely

in different areas when it comes to send reinforcements, i see in MCC GUI icons turn white color in mode combat but gaia stop give waypoints.Curiously only infantry groups are affected.

Nevertheless As far as I can see I am the only with this problem because Nobody said a word about this. might i becoming paranoid. ;)

Salute!

edit: ill try that ,Ty Robalo

but if i disable all those reactions it will become in "standar" IA?

Edited by Rapax

I tested a bit around and your right Rapax. some ai stop moving when attack order come.

Hello , thanks for your job !!

I play a SP mission with it , and it's look great !

But I have a question for you :

Do i have to Put your Mod in my Multi/Coop Missions folder ?

or only players have to launch the game with it ?

See ya !

Hey Robalo

I ve came up with an idea.

I want to use bCombat with some features from ASR_AI3

I know both mods using custom danger.fsm's and over-writing eachother so..

If i exec ASR_AI3 after bCombat with ASR_AI3's userconfig as shown below maybe should do the trick "clean"?..or..should i reduce coffee?

[size=1]class asr_ai3 {

class sysdanger {
       enabled = 1;                   // All the other settings of this class matter only if we have 1 here
       debug = 0;                     // Log extra debugging info to RPT, create debug markers and hints (1-enabled, 0-disabled)
       civ = 0;                       // Enable features for civilian units
       radionet = 1;                  // AI groups share known enemy locations over radio
       radiorange = 500;              // Maximum range for AI radios
       seekcover = [color=#ff0000][b]0[/b][/color];                 // Set to 1 if AI should move to near cover in combat when they're exposed in the open, 0 to disable.
       throwsmoke = 0.8;              // AI throws smoke when advancing to cover (set 0 to disable or a number up to 1 to enable, higher number means better chance to do it)
       reactions[] = {[b][color=#ff0000]0[/color][/b],[color=#ff0000][b]0[/b][/color],[color=#ff0000][b]0[/b][/color]};         // Infantry groups will randomly react with basic, scripted, random actions, to detecting the enemy or being shot at;
                                      // format: {enableAttack,enableDefend,enableSupport}
       gunshothearing = [color=#ff0000][b]0[/b][/color];          // Gunshot hearing range coefficient (applied to shooter's weapon sound range; 0 will disable the feature)
       joinlastunit = [b][color=#ff0000]0[/color][/b];              // Groups left with only one unit merge with nearest group of the same faction (1-enabled, 0-disabled)
       removegimps = [color=#ff0000][b]0[/b][/color];             // Units unable to walk for this time will separate from their group to prevent slowing it down (time in seconds, set 0 to disable)
       usebuildings = [color=#ff0000][b]0[/b][/color];            // Chance the AI group will enter nearby buildings when in combat mode (0 to 1 values, 0 will disable the feature)
   };

class sysaiskill {
       enabled = 1;                   // Override AI skills based on their unit type (faction, training etc.)
       hitcoef = [color=#ff0000][b]{}[/b][/color];                // Reduce skills when unit is hit; for example if hitcoef = 0.75, each skill value will be reduced to 75%
                                      // With each hit, unit's skills will be reduced until a minimum value of 0.1 is reached; to disable this feature, set hitcoef = 1;
       debug = 0;                     // Log skill assignments to RPT (1-enabled, 0-disabled)
       civ = 1;                       // Enable skill overrides for civilians
       dynsvd = 1;                    // Enable dynamic viewdistance adjustment based on sun elevation and fog thickness on dedicated servers and headless clients[/size]

Edited by GiorgyGR

It depends on what you're trying to accomplish exactly. Loading order does not really matter in this case.

hitcoef = {}; - that is wrong, should be a number - since it's a coefficient, in order to disable the feature, set it to 1 (multiply by 1 does nothing).

Target sharing relies on danger.fsm so it won't work if danger.fsm from bCombat is used.

A combined version would be most awesome. The awesome features of both mods combined would totally kick ass.

Hello , thanks for your job !!

I play a SP mission with it , and it's look great !

But I have a question for you :

Do i have to Put your Mod in my Multi/Coop Missions folder ?

or only players have to launch the game with it ?

Which are the manipulations to be made for playing your mod on our server ? i am lost

Which are the manipulations to be made for playing your mod on our server ? i am lost

Install as any other mod. Did you see instructions in the first post ?

To install, extract userconfig from the archive into your main Arma 3 directory, extract @ASR_AI3 into your favorite mod folder location (usually same place, main Arma 3 directory).

For anyone interested, on a dedicated server, I use a batch file like below:

@echo off
set gameName=AS_A3_SQUAD
set gsRoot=D:\Servers\A3Squad
set m=D:\a3servermods

echo ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
echo (%time%) %gameName% Server Batch Script Executed
echo ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:a3launch
echo (%time%) %gameName% Server Launched
start "%gameName%" /high /wait /D "%gsRoot%" "%gsRoot%\arma3server.exe" -port=2302 "-config=%gsRoot%\TADST\squad\TADST_config.cfg" "-cfg=%gsRoot%\TADST\squad\TADST_basic.cfg" "-profiles=%gsRoot%\TADST\squad" -name=squad -mod=%m%\@CBA_A3;%m%\@ACRE;%m%\@ALiVE;%m%\@ASR_Appendix;%m%\@ASR_AI3;%m%\@r3f_armes;%m%\@ASMODS;@Arma2NET;@inidbi
echo.
echo /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
echo (%time%) WARNING: %gameName% closed or crashed, restarting.
echo /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
echo.
goto a3launch

Edited by Robalo

Is there a way that I can slow down the rate of fire? I love ASR but the AI spend way too much time firing long bursts, can you explain how to tweak the PBO to slow it down or keep them on semi only minus close range engagements? I can't go 10 minutes into a mission without half my squad calling out low ammo.

Is there a way that I can slow down the rate of fire? I love ASR but the AI spend way too much time firing long bursts, can you explain how to tweak the PBO to slow it down or keep them on semi only minus close range engagements? I can't go 10 minutes into a mission without half my squad calling out low ammo.

It's possible via an overriding config pbo. You can see here how the macros are defined. You can de-pbo, adjust min/mid/max range and repack asr_ai3_cfgweapons.pbo.

Curious though, because they're set to only use bursts if they're using squad automatic rifles or whenever targets are very close (50m). Check if you have another mod which also changes AI rate of fire and engagement ranges.

Hi Olem.

GAIA without ASR work for me. the problem its GAIA with ASR working together, As I have said before in a single area I do not see a problem. i see behave strangely

in different areas when it comes to send reinforcements, i see in MCC GUI icons turn white color in mode combat but gaia stop give waypoints.Curiously only infantry groups are affected.

Nevertheless As far as I can see I am the only with this problem because Nobody said a word about this. might i becoming paranoid. ;)

Salute!

edit: ill try that ,Ty Robalo

but if i disable all those reactions it will become in "standar" IA?

I dont know anything about this MOD but i can tell you pretty simple what GAIA does. If a group/unit has been handled over to the GAIA system then GAIA checks if that unit has waypoints. If not she will hand them out. If a group has waypoints and she needs them for an attack she will cancel the waypoints and generate an attack plan.

So if and how that conflicts is nothing more then the question: is more stuff doing the same? Answer it and you have your answer. GAIA is a higher level lead. She does not do changes to the combat itself (so formations etc etc), apart from throwing some smokes.

Groups that are turning white in MCC overview and have all their waypoints cancelled are fleeing. As soon as the group gets itself back to gether GAIA gets them back in the game.

Edited by spirit6

In next release of gaia smoke will be disabled when ASR mod is detected to avoid double smoke.

We will try to pinpoint and solve other potential conflicts with ASR so feedback is highly appreciated.

(I don't have access to Arma for a few days so can't check myself)

I Am running into an issue running MCC + ASR AI. Waypoint assigned manualy to groups trough Zeus or MCC are getting deleted after a few seconds when i run the 2 mods together. (no combat or enemies detected). removing Asr AI fix the issue

Please try the following setting in your asr ai config file in combinatiin with MCC GAIA:

reactions[] = {0,0,0}; // Infantry groups will randomly react with basic, scripted, random actions, to detecting the enemy or being shot at;

I Am running into an issue running MCC + ASR AI. Waypoint assigned manualy to groups trough Zeus or MCC are getting deleted after a few seconds when i run the 2 mods together. (no combat or enemies detected). removing Asr AI fix the issue

All reactions are called from danger.fsm so if there are no enemies detected, this can't happen. Even then, there are checks in place so if an AI has active waypoints, no other waypoints are assigned. Plus there is no code to remove waypoints in ASR AI. And last, if you do what Ollem recommended then all the code that may add waypoints will be disabled.

EDIT

I just tested to make sure and can't reproduce that. I am using Zeus to spawn a bunch of AI groups and get them to fight each other and the waypoints are working fine. Also have MCC and TPWCAS running.

Edited by Robalo

I had more time to test that waypoint issues. seems to be related only to MCC, since i tried again without ASR. Generated a Mission, added 2 groups with patrol cycle, left them running without interacting and after 1 hour+ the waypoints got removed. once the bug occur, adding waypoints or new units with new waypoints gets the waypoints removed after a few seconds.

tried a few time, its happening after a while, that why i thinked that removing ASR fixed it, sorry about that

Robalo we are using your mod since arma2 and we are quite happy with it.

Here are some points im thinking about:

- what aiming skill is recommented for realistic hit by ai? we had yesterday 0.2 and it was heavy they killed us from a flying helicopter

- flanking is great but sometimes it would be cooler to not attack and wait for another group to attack at the same time or just stay away and wait e.g. the armored vehicle is destroyed the enemy have.

- the state of alertness stay not long enough or i dont know. we had to attack 2x stationary mg guns and they knew where we are (behind the other side of the hill). we had some fights with flaking ai and after 5min. we look again over the crest and they didnt attack us, we could easily kill both. It was only 400m away where we had gunfire all over the place.

- some sort of suppression is needed. is there something coming or should we go with TPWCAS?

- having more then 1 "ai" mod is a problem. ASR AI, TPWCAS, DAC, Alive, will this all work together? what needs to be ajusted? Would be wonderful if someday all those big projects work together to get the cooles ai ever seen without interference.

- some sort of suppression is needed. is there something coming or should we go with TPWCAS?

- having more then 1 "ai" mod is a problem. ASR AI, TPWCAS, DAC, Alive, will this all work together? what needs to be ajusted? Would be wonderful if someday all those big projects work together to get the cooles ai ever seen without interference.

Numrollen here is a list of mods I am using with ASR AI and I find they work fine together. JSRS2.1, TPW MODS, TPWCAS A3. I am using tpw mods for the bleedout and fall with everything else disabled. I then use tpwcas a3 for suppression and JSRS2.1 for the awsome sounds. I have not encountered any problems using these together. The reason why I use tpwcas for suppression and not tpw mods suppression system is because tpw mods suppression system only works 500m from a player and I wanted suppression to work no matter where the player is on the map. (tpwcas suppression works by detecting bullets to any soldier weather its ai or player). I also changed the ASR AI accuracy and spoting in the config to match my personal preference. I'll post them if u would like. As for DAC & Alive I don't know since I haven't used them.

Hey,

yes would be cool if you can post your changes. i will test it with TPWCAS A3! ThX

Units are classified into skill sets between 1 and 10

By default, a lower level number means a better skilled unit

Levels 8-10 are special:

- 8-9 are for pilots, very good by default, but some of their skills are now automatically reduced when they leave the aircraft (aimingshake, courage)

- 10 is for trained snipers

*/

class sets {

// only classes of arrays under this

class level_0 { // super-AI (only used for testing)

aiming[] = {1.00, 0.00};

spotting[] = {1.00, 0.00};

general[] = {1.00, 0.00};

units[] = { // add class names to this to override their default (or inherited) skill set

};

};

class level_1 { // sf 1

aiming[] = {0.40, 0.00}; // skilltype = {<min value>, <random value added to min>};

spotting[] = {0.60, 0.00};

general[] = {0.70, 0.00};

units[] = {

};

};

class level_2 { // sf 2

aiming[] = {0.40, 0.00};

units[] = {

};

};

class level_3 { // regular 1

aiming[] = {0.30, 0.00};

spotting[] = {0.50, 0.00};

general[] = {0.60, 0.00};

units[] = {

};

};

class level_4 { // regular 2

aiming[] = {0.30, 0.00};

spotting[] = {0.50, 0.00};

units[] = {

};

};

class level_5 { // militia or trained insurgents, former regulars

aiming[] = {0.30, 0.00};

spotting[] = {0.45, 0.00};

general[] = {0.50, 0.00};

units[] = {

};

};

class level_6 { // civilians with some military training

aiming[] = {0.25, 0.00};

spotting[] = {0.40, 0.00};

general[] = {0.50, 0.00};

units[] = {

};

};

class level_7 { // civilians without military training

aiming[] = {0.20, 0.00};

spotting[] = {0.30, 0.00};

general[] = {0.40, 0.00};

units[] = {

};

};

class level_8 { // pilot 1

aiming[] = {0.30, 0.00};

units[] = {

};

};

class level_9 { // pilot 2

aiming[] = {0.30, 0.00};

units[] = {

};

};

class level_10 { // sniper

aiming[] = {0.70, 0.00};

spotting[] = {0.70, 0.00};

units[] = {

};

};

};//sets

// apply skill coefficient by faction to the skills the units would get based on their skill levels and settings above

// if a faction is missing the coefficient is assumed to be 1

class factions {

class BLU_F { // BLUFOR A3A

coef = 1.1;

};

class OPF_F { // OPFOR A3A

coef = 1.0;

};

class IND_F { // A3 Guerrilla

coef = 1.0;

};

class IND_G_F { // Greek Army

coef = 1.0;

};

class USMC { // US Marine Corps

coef = 1.1;

};

class CDF { // Chernarussian Defence Forces

coef = 1.0;

};

class RU { // Russia

coef = 1.0;

};

class INS { // Chedaki Insurgents

coef = 1.0;

};

class GUE { // NAPA Guerilla

coef = 1.0;

};

class BIS_TK { // Takistani Army

coef = 1.0;

};

class BIS_TK_INS { // Takistani Insurgents

coef = 1.0;

};

class BIS_US { // US Army

coef = 1.1;

};

class BIS_CZ { // Czech

coef = 1.1;

};

class BIS_GER { // Germany

coef = 1.0;

};

class BIS_TK_GUE { // Takistani Guerilla

coef = 1.0;

};

class BIS_UN { // UNO

coef = 1.0;

};

class PMC_BAF { // Private military

coef = 1.1;

};

class BIS_BAF { // UK

coef = 1.1;

};

};//factions

};//skillsets

I have done a lot of play testing to come up with these settings and a feels about right to me, I find setting ai accuracy to 50 is bout as accurate as I am but u will die a lot. With 30 u will most of the time hear 2 to 4 shots or bursts fly near u before u get hit allowing u time to find cover, go prone, get behind a tree etc. Close in fighting around 50m away will be leathal though but I would expect at those rangers anyone would be on target.

I took the randomization out for balance reasons and personal preference. Oh and these settings were tested on regular difficulty.

One thing I did change in the tpwcas a3 config was that 3 bullets will cause suppression not 7 since I felt that to many AI solders were not hitting the deck quickly enough before being killed! I know when I hear a few bullets wiz past realy close I go for cover. That is my personal preference though.

Edited by Death1081

Will this look to implement AI medic auto healing?

Also with the radio enemy ai feature , do you get all the ai on the map converging onto your position?

Cheers