New version uploaded - link in first post.

0.9.0 changes

- dispersion coefficients reduced

- aiming default skills increased in userconfig

- minor rate of fire tweaks

- better helicopter spotting (increased sensitivity)

- improved selection of cover objects

- minor code improvements

- requires 1.14

Enjoy!

0.9.0 changes

- requires 1.14

Enjoy!

Thanks a lot! Updating the Comrades in Arms server (and my client for the sake of 'Win' campaign ;))

Robalo, I got a question regarding the Hit Coef. In the config it says that "Reduce skills when unit is hit; for example if hitcoef = 0.75, each skill value will be reduced to 75% // With each hit, unit's skills will be reduced until a minimum value of 0.1 is reached; to disable this feature, set hitcoef = 1;"

Does that mean that with each hit the skill is reduced by the value's percentage? for example, If a unit has a skill of 1.0, and is hit once, the skill is reduced to 0.25? Or I get this the other way around and it is reduced to 0.75?

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Robalo, I got a question regarding the Hit Coef. In the config it says that "Reduce skills when unit is hit; for example if hitcoef = 0.75, each skill value will be reduced to 75% // With each hit, unit's skills will be reduced until a minimum value of 0.1 is reached; to disable this feature, set hitcoef = 1;"

Does that mean that with each hit the skill is reduced by the value's percentage? for example, If a unit has a skill of 1.0, and is hit once, the skill is reduced to 0.25? Or I get this the other way around and it is reduced to 0.75?

Reduced to 0.75. And to answer in code, since I've uploaded the whole thing to Github:

https://github.com/robalo/mods/blob/master/asr_ai3/addons/sysaiskill/fnc_modUnitSkill.sqf#L21

@Sonsalt6 & Foxhound: thanks for posting the update !

Hi Robalo, i've question about add my unit to specific class

I try to update userconfig/asr_ai3_settings.hpp with:

class level_1 { // sf 1

aiming[] = {0.55, 0.20}; // skilltype = {<min value>, <random value added to min>};

spotting[] = {0.70, 0.20};

general[] = {0.80, 0.20};

units[] = {"MY_UNIT_CLASS_1","MY_UNIT_CLASS_2","MY_UNIT_CLASS_3"};

..but in game there is no effect - in config viewer - they inherit asr_ai_skill from default class - what as i good understand - you define in your mod config.

for example: MY_UNIT_CLASS_1 - this is recon soldier - and have asr_ai_skill=2 and MY_UNIT_CLASS_2 - this is casual soldier and have asr_ai_skill=4..

so, what i do wrong? :(

0.9.0 changes

- requires 1.14

Enjoy!

Awesome! i'll try it out tomorrow arvo

Hi Robalo, i've question about add my unit to specific class

I try to update userconfig/asr_ai3_settings.hpp with:

class level_1 { // sf 1

aiming[] = {0.55, 0.20}; // skilltype = {<min value>, <random value added to min>};

spotting[] = {0.70, 0.20};

general[] = {0.80, 0.20};

units[] = {"MY_UNIT_CLASS_1","MY_UNIT_CLASS_2","MY_UNIT_CLASS_3"};

..but in game there is no effect - in config viewer - they inherit asr_ai_skill from default class - what as i good understand - you define in your mod config.

for example: MY_UNIT_CLASS_1 - this is recon soldier - and have asr_ai_skill=2 and MY_UNIT_CLASS_2 - this is casual soldier and have asr_ai_skill=4..

so, what i do wrong? :(

Nothing wrong, just don't expect to see anything different in config viewer. The script will apply the skill values as per your class override settings:

https://github.com/robalo/mods/blob/master/asr_ai3/addons/sysaiskill/fnc_setUnitSkill.sqf#L16

Hey guys just a quick question.

What skill & precision settings do u use in your arma3 profile with this mod?

Robalo what would u recommend?

Hi Robalo, firstly thanks for the update! I was just wondering if ASR AI act differently for another Units mods? I've experienced that CAF_AG are extremly stupid with ASR AI, I don't know if it's CAF_AG problem, but without ASR AI they can shot you almost without a problem, but with ASR AI they just lay down and they can't hit you at all. Similar to Sixt's videos. Have an idea on this?

Does the latest phenomena of subordinate AI units independantly turning to stealth mode is a problem in the stock game or in ASR?

Never experienced this in vanilla, as far as I'm concerned.

Done some testing with the latest release and I still think there is to much dispersion for the ai, its better then the last version but I can still stand/run at an enemy at a distance of 100-200m away and the ai can sometimes use an entire mag up before hitting me. I see lots of rounds hitting all around me but not close enough for me to think my life is in danger enough to take cover and so can easly take my time and line up a good kill shot and take the enemy out before he even has a chance to hit me. I have tried using different precision levels from 0.5 to 1 and it doesn't seem to make much difference. I also tested this out without using asr_ai3 and at a 0.5 precision rating they will hit me after a couple shots.

Done some testing with the latest release and I still think there is to much dispersion for the ai, its better then the last version but I can still stand/run at an enemy at a distance of 100-200m away and the ai can sometimes use an entire mag up before hitting me. I see lots of rounds hitting all around me but not close enough for me to think my life is in danger enough to take cover and so can easly take my time and line up a good kill shot and take the enemy out before he even has a chance to hit me. I have tried using different precision levels from 0.5 to 1 and it doesn't seem to make much difference. I also tested this out without using asr_ai3 and at a 0.5 precision rating they will hit me after a couple shots.

Maybe an AI skill level set by the mission you use for testing? I'm playing the campaign now, with ASR AI and I'm not experiencing anything like that.

Maybe an AI skill level set by the mission you use for testing?

I thought when ASR is running it's overlapping mission specific settings except AI settings in server or user profile

(general difficulty settings)

Hey guys just a quick question.

What skill & precision settings do u use in your arma3 profile with this mod?

Robalo what would u recommend?

Default AI preset for each difficulty level:

recruit: aiLevelPreset=0;

regular: aiLevelPreset=1;

veteran: aiLevelPreset=2;

mercenary: aiLevelPreset=3; skillAI=1; precisionAI=1;

Hi Robalo, firstly thanks for the update! I was just wondering if ASR AI act differently for another Units mods? I've experienced that CAF_AG are extremly stupid with ASR AI, I don't know if it's CAF_AG problem, but without ASR AI they can shot you almost without a problem, but with ASR AI they just lay down and they can't hit you at all. Similar to Sixt's videos. Have an idea on this?

Last I checked CAF_AG was using eventhandlers without XEH, so I guess they're not compatible. So the config settings which all reduce the AI accuracy are applied, but none of the scripted features will be.

Does the latest phenomena of subordinate AI units independantly turning to stealth mode is a problem in the stock game or in ASR?

This mod does not ever change the behavior to stealth. The only behavior transitions that may occur are from SAFE to AWARE or from AWARE to COMBAT, when things blow up nearby.

Try increasing the AI aiming skills in the userconfig, precision settings in game's options or both. I have played through the entire Win episode on regular difficulty and it felt challenging enough. It may be too easy for coop and personal differences will always vary, but that's why it can be tweaked.

Try increasing the AI aiming skills in the userconfig, precision settings in game's options or both. I have played through the entire Win episode on regular difficulty and it felt challenging enough. It may be too easy for coop and personal differences will always vary, but that's why it can be tweaked.

Okay so I did some changes to the skill sets in the asr_ai3_settings.hpp and changed the min aiming value for all classes exept for sf 1 & 2. So instead of regular 1 & 2 aiming being 0.25 & 0.20 there are now 0.45 & 0.40. That has seem to of done the trick. The ai still won't one shot u but if u stand still for more that a few secs or run in a strait line towards a enemy solder they will hit u. Much less bullets flying all around me and more on target now, It feels about right now. Thanks for your help Robalo. BI must of changed something with the ai accuracy with the latest patch since the default settings that come with the mod worked fine for me before!

Edited by Death1081

Robalo I have a question with the skill sets.

What solders that I place in the editor correspond to the classes in the config? example does a rifleman use the regular 1 or 2 skill set. Do squad & team leaders use regular 1 and all other solders like rifleman, autorifleman, combat life savers etc use regular 2?

I assume that any special forces will use the sf 1 & 2. Are special forces leaders sf 1 and all other special forces sf 2?

Anybody here using other ai mods with this that work well together?

Anybody here using other ai mods with this that work well together?

Yes I am also using JSRS & TPWMODS and I find they all work well with one another. I use CBA_A3, JSRS, TPWMODS & ASR_AI3 in that order.