Love this mod, one question I haven't seen in the thread is in regards to Alive. I've been trying to figure out what's been causing Alive to only work half the time lately and was wondering if anyone has encountered any issues using ASR and Alive together. Thanks in advance for any reply

no been running it on and off now since ALiVE was launched. Never had an issue - note we don't place down the ALiVE skill level module, ASR takes care of that.

SJ

Yeah I'm just going to leave these bugs as is, I'm seeing on the Alive thread that there are others having problems too. I'm crossing my fingers that is not a compatibility issue as I've been messing around with this ALL DAY and still haven't found the root to the problem. hopefully when mods start patching for the newest stable branch update it will work itself out. Thanks again Serjames.

i dont know if its ASR_AI or another mod but i do know for a FACT that i saw AI taking ammo from a dead body... hmmm

Ill admit though im running so many mods i cannot be bothered to list them here. I just wanted to say that i have seen it going on, but i dont know whats causing it..

i dont know if its ASR_AI or another mod but i do know for a FACT that i saw AI taking ammo from a dead body... hmmm

Ill admit though im running so many mods i cannot be bothered to list them here. I just wanted to say that i have seen it going on, but i dont know whats causing it..

Thank you. I knew I was not the only one. I posted this on bcombat thread. However I saw this even without asr ai mod enabled.

Even without mods, when AI reports low ammo, the AI leaders will give orders to rearm, so they do that.

Even without mods, when AI reports low ammo, the AI leaders will give orders to rearm, so they do that.

So that's what shows up in the side chat - blue text from AI thats not a member of the group with a low ammo AI?

So I was wondering about gunner AI in attack choppers - iirc it you stated you'd increase their awareness or some such, since they happened to be very poor at noticing foot mobiles. Have you made any changes in this regard? I find my AI gunner is still very poor at spotting new targets. I have to fly really close in order for the gunner to spot any foot mobiles, which usually means either getting shot at, or better yet, shot down. Any fixes for this?

The sensitivity tweak for helicopters is not in the latest release. It is on my dev repo only, needs tome testing.

two requests:

1. would it be possible to include player groups into the information exchange?

So at least with extended map symbols you can see what others report. I made my own little script but yours looks much better.

2. Can you make the requirement to have radio optional for AI groups to communicate? (The AI just doesn't care to carry one)

two requests:

1. would it be possible to include player groups into the information exchange?

So at least with extended map symbols you can see what others report. I made my own little script but yours looks much better.

2. Can you make the requirement to have radio optional for AI groups to communicate? (The AI just doesn't care to carry one)

1. I do not think I'll ever add that. Plus if you play with the map info enabled (I never do) then once some AI gains enough knowledge it would automatically draw those markers for you, so it should be in already.

2. It's already optional. By default all soldiers have radios and communicate. Want them not to ? Remove their radios.

Have an weird problem...

anyone having this problem?

version of game is: 1.12.115894

I don't know what kind of configs the units and weapons you used in your test have. Looks like very high weapon dispersion and very low accuracy skill.

Can you test with Arma3 units and weapons ?

Edited by Robalo

So i tested it again only with asr_Ai installed, no other mods, and the asr worked alittle better, but still getting alot of bullits flying way off though im right next to the ai unit.

with asr_ai on:

with asr_ai off:

sorry about the noise in the background :-)

I did the same test with standing in front of AI and they can't hit u.

I went back to an earler version of ASR_AI3 (asr_ai3_102501.zip) and it works fine the AI will kill u after a couple shots if u stand in front of them.

Edited by Death1081

I did not play much since the 1.12 update. Perhaps something changed about AI accuracy defaults. I will look into it. In the mean time I'd suggest checking your Arma userprofile precision settings and bump the accuracy up in ASR AI3 userconfig.

I will look into it.

Thanks heaps, I love the asr_ai 3 mod and using that with the tpw mod has given me a much better Arma 3 experience. Keep up the good work. I'll just keep using the older asr_ai 3 for now since that seems to work fine.

Unfortunately I have to agree. ASR doesn't seem to be working as effectively since recent game updates. Running it on our dedi server (at 40+ server fps), quite a lot of features we experienced before are no longer happening - e.g. smoke, suppression, but in particular AI reaction seems to have dropped off significantly to the point we can get within 100m before they spot us. I've tried tweaking arma3profile settings and ASR_AI skill coefficients but without much success. I'm loathe to throw yet more AI scripts at the problem as that simply risks conflicts and issues (notwithstanding many of them are SP only).

If you're planning to take a look at it I'll see if I can get some empirical testing done on a vanilla game.

I also suspect this mod is not working correctly anymore. My main purpose to use this mod is to tone down OPFOR's lightning reflection and absurd laser accuracy in single player. A while ago this mod successfully turned down inhuman marksmanship of AI soldiers, but now they seem restored previous strength. They spot me instantly, start firing immediately, and hit me in the head from 100 meters away. I know this sounds weird because some people are actually experiencing excessively dumbed down incapable AI...

[Edit 1]

I tried two other AI mods (bCombat and Zeu CfgAIskill) but none of them seem working correctly either. I experimented by changing AI accuracy to extremely low value but OPFOR are still one-shot-one-kill super soldiers. Perhaps BIS f*cked up something and made existing AI mods incompatible? Also AI squad mates are now acting quite weirdly (while on the move they suddenly say "standing by" and stop moving, or they enter into a building and no longer move, etc.)

[Edit 2]

I deleted all ARMA3 related files and clean installed it with this mod, then the accuracy control is restored and weird behavior of AI squaddies are gone. Sorry for the confusion this post might cause. I'm not sure what caused those issues though because I only install 3 mods namely CBA, TPW and this one...

Edited by krechtsieg

[Edit 2]

I deleted all ARMA3 related files and clean installed it with this mod, then the accuracy control is restored and weird behavior of AI squaddies are gone. Sorry for the confusion this post might cause. I'm not sure what caused those issues though because I only install 3 mods namely CBA, TPW and this one...

That's realy weird, the only problem I have with the latest version of asr_ai3 is the extreme inaccuracy and slower reaction. So perhaps doing a clean install of the game will fix the problem with the latest mod? If doing that will fix the problem then that is again strange. I'm using the asr_ai3 version that comes in this zip file (asr_ai3_102501.zip) which u can get from here http://dev-heaven.net/projects/asr-ai/files and it works fine for me on the latest version of arma 3

Tweaking and testing in progress. The mod's default AI accuracy needs to go up, not down, that I'm sure of. Will upload a new version soon.

Tweaking and testing in progress. The mod's default AI accuracy needs to go up, not down, that I'm sure of. Will upload a new version soon.

Thanks Robalo! Please post here when it's out, for the sake of those who don't use PwS.

Looking forward to an updated version. Does this work well with ALiVE?

Yes of course, but don't use the ALIVE AI Skill module at the same time as it'd be redundant. ASR is a way more comprehensive AI mod!