Only Server siide i guess,...

A Questionfor robalo or any on that knows the answer! After changing the 'asr_ai3_settings.hpp' on the serve it's necessary to restart the server!?

yes..

Thanks for the official release!!

Does every client need it or can you just install it on the server?

You can install it server side only however if any AI are handled by the clients they will not get the benefits unless client also runs ASR_AI

@Roblao, DO you think that this will work well with BCombat? BCombat was the foundation for TPWCAS in Arma 2 so I guess it could be. But I think you had to change something first to make it work, right?

I don't know, but I would expect conflicts. For instance, if bcombat uses a customized danger fsm, it would be either that one of the one from asr_ai3_sysdanger that would be loaded.

Only Server siide i guess,...

A Questionfor robalo or any on that knows the answer! After changing the 'asr_ai3_settings.hpp' on the serve it's necessary to restart the server!?

Yes, a restart is required after changing the userconfig.

Thanks for the official release!!

You can install it server side only however if any AI are handled by the clients they will not get the benefits unless client also runs ASR_AI

The AI on clients not running the mod would only miss the cfgweapons module benefits.

Also some words on how the skill sets work would be nice

It's explained in first post:

- The units skills are automatically configured based on their unit type, faction and the settings that can be changed in the userconfig. The skills are randomized but

given in between a minimum and a maximum value based on the skill level each unit is assigned in. This way you can have regular unit better then guerilla but spec ops

or snipers a lot better then all so you're able to customize but also keep the diversity. You can configure for each unit class values for their aiming, spotting and general

skills. You can also apply global coefficients per faction. The skills are appied after the start of the mission for present units or for any units that may spawn in

later.

The levels are pre-defined in CfgVehicles. If you want to see which level a unit is check it's asr_ai_level value in the config viewer.

You can, if you really need to, override the level for a unit by adding it's class name in the userconfig.

Say, for example, you want all the african pirates from the Agressor pack to take settings from class 6, you'd just add their class names under class level_6 to the units array like this:

units[] = {
				"CAF_AG_AFR_AK47","CAF_AG_AFR_AK74","CAF_AG_AFR_GL","CAF_AG_AFR_RPG","CAF_AG_AFR_SVD","CAF_AG_AFR_RPK","CAF_AG_AFR_PK"
			};

The AI on clients not running the mod would only miss the cfgweapons module benefits

Thanks for the response Robalo... is this different than ASR_AI for Arma 2? I was under the impression clients also had to be running the mod.

I don't know, but I would expect conflicts. For instance, if bcombat uses a customized danger fsm, it would be either that one of the one from asr_ai3_sysdanger that would be loaded.

Well damn.. hmm any chance of you andfabrizio working together?

- Buildings are used in combat by AI. You may see AI shooting from windows or rooftops and it may not be as easy to hide in a house anymore.

I think i will need to see a video to actually believe you on that one.

Building usage routines for AI has been all i wanted for some times now, so if it is true, then i'll be greatly happy.

But i'm honestly doubtful.

Wonderful job anyway!

I'm just sharing what I have and used since March last year, not to mention it has been mostly ported from my Arma2 mod. I don't really care about proving anything. You may find youtube videos showing this feature for ASR AI for Arma2.

Hey Robalo quick question, would JSRS affect the AI's ability to hear gunshots? Because the in engine sound is only 130m (the rest being scripted) but I don't know how the gun shot hearing is set up in ASR AI

Robalo, excellent mod !!

It's really funny to see Opfor highjack our own vehicles that we left unguarded while patroling a town by foot !! We had to shoot on our own Slammer !! :)

This seems great, and the fact that it's fully functional with TPW suppression makes it even better!

Yay!

Thank you for the release.

I'm getting these scripterrors when using the grenade launcher. Also happens in gunships:

Running DEV build

Error in expression <e = 50;
_early = true;
};
};
};

if (_range < 50) exitWith {
;
};

if (_early>
 Error position: <_range < 50) exitWith {
;
};

if (_early>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _range
File x\asr_ai3\addons\sysdanger\fnc_firedExplosive.sqf, line 69
Error in expression <rEntities [["CAManBase","StaticWeapon"],_range]);
>
 Error position: <_range]);
>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _range
File x\asr_ai3\addons\sysdanger\fnc_firedExplosive.sqf, line 135

I've yet to use this, and i want to get it setup on my Arma3 gameserver, so my question is, will this allow you to lower the AI accuracy that the vanilla

game makes to accurate, and what settings do you recommend as to not make the enemy Ai so deadly accurate? as any mission I build still uses the default

accuracy and makes the missions almost to hard and sometimes unplayable because of it, just not fun after a while.

Gunter see my previous post in this thread for recommended AI settings for use with ASR AI. it is followed by Robalo's recommendation.

Robalo, I think that it'll be helpful to include the recommended AI settings in your first post. Thanks again for this wonderful mod.

Thanks for this awesome mod! Here are some skill definitions for CAF Aggressors and SUD Russians.

class sets {
		// only classes of arrays under this
		class level_0 { // super-AI (only used for testing)
			aiming[]   = {1.00, 0.00};
			spotting[] = {1.00, 0.00};
			general[]  = {1.00, 0.00};
			units[] = { // add class names to this to override their default (or inherited) skill set
			};
		};
		class level_1 { // sf 1
			aiming[]   = {0.50, 0.20}; // skilltype = {<min value>, <random value added to min>};
			spotting[] = {0.70, 0.20};
			general[]  = {0.80, 0.20};
			units[] = {
			};
		};
		class level_2 { // sf 2
			aiming[]   = {0.40, 0.20};
			spotting[] = {0.60, 0.20};
			general[]  = {0.70, 0.20};
			units[] = {"SUD_RU_Soldier_Specnaz", "SUD_RU_Soldier_Specnaz_GL", "SUD_RU_Soldier_Specnaz_Marksman", "SUD_RU_Soldier_Specnaz_Sapper"
			};
		};
		class level_3 { // regular 1
			aiming[]   = {0.20, 0.20};
			spotting[] = {0.40, 0.20};
			general[]  = {0.60, 0.20};
			units[] = {"SUD_RU_Soldier_TL", "SUD_RU_Soldier_TL_S", "SUD_RU_Soldier_AT", "SUD_RU_Soldier_AT_S",
			"SUD_RU_Soldier_Medic", "SUD_RU_Soldier_Medic_S", "SUD_RU_Soldier_Marksman", "SUD_RU_Soldier_Marksman_S",
			"SUD_RU_Soldier_Spotter", "SUD_RU_Soldier_Crew", "SUD_RU_Soldier_Crew_S"
			};
		};
		class level_4 { // regular 2
			aiming[]   = {0.15, 0.20};
			spotting[] = {0.30, 0.20};
			units[] = { "SUD_RU_Soldier_AR", "SUD_RU_Soldier_AR_S", "SUD_RU_Soldier_Sapper", "SUD_RU_Soldier_Sapper_S",
			"SUD_RU_Soldier_GL", "SUD_RU_Soldier_GL_S", "SUD_RU_Soldier_Engineer", "SUD_RU_Soldier_Engineer_S", "SUD_RU_Soldier_MG",
			"SUD_RU_Soldier_MG_S",  "SUD_Soldier_UAV",  "SUD_Soldier_UAV_S", "SUD_Soldier",  "SUD_Soldier_S"
			};
		};
		class level_5 { // militia or trained insurgents, former regulars
			aiming[]   = {0.10, 0.20};
			spotting[] = {0.20, 0.20};
			units[] = { "CAF_AG_ME_AK74", "CAF_AG_ME_AK47", "CAF_AG_ME_RPG", "CAF_AG_ME_RPK",
			"CAF_AG_ME_SVD", "CAF_AG_ME_PK", "CAF_AG_ME_GL", "CAF_AG_ME_AA"
			};
		};
		class level_6 { // civilians with some military training
			spotting[] = {0.10, 0.20};
			general[]  = {0.50, 0.20};
			units[] = {  "CAF_AG_EUR_AK74", "CAF_AG_EUR_AK47", "CAF_AG_EUR_RPG", "CAF_AG_EUR_RPK",
			"CAF_AG_EUR_SVD", "CAF_AG_EUR_PK", "CAF_AG_EUR_GL", "CAF_AG_EUR_AA"
			};
		};
		class level_7 { // civilians without military training
			spotting[] = {0.10, 0.20};
			general[]  = {0.40, 0.20};
			units[] = { "CAF_AG_AFR_AK74", "CAF_AG_AFR_AK47", "CAF_AG_AFR_RPG", "CAF_AG_AFR_RPK",
			"CAF_AG_AFR_SVD", "CAF_AG_AFR_PK", "CAF_AG_AFR_GL", "CAF_AG_AFR_AA"
			};
		};
		class level_8 { // pilot 1
			aiming[]   = {0.20, 0.20};
			spotting[] = {0.60, 0.20};
			units[] = {
			};
		};
		class level_9 { // pilot 2
			aiming[]   = {0.15, 0.20};
			spotting[] = {0.50, 0.20};
			general[]  = {0.50, 0.20};
			units[] = { "SUD_RU_Soldier_HPilot"
			};
		};
		class level_10 { // sniper
			aiming[]   = {0.60, 0.20};
			spotting[] = {0.70, 0.20};
			general[]  = {0.70, 0.20};
			units[] = {"SUD_RU_Soldier_Specnaz_HSniper", "SUD_RU_Soldier_Sniper"
			};
		};
	};//sets

I think i will need to see a video to actually believe you on that one.

Building usage routines for AI has been all i wanted for some times now, so if it is true, then i'll be greatly happy.

But i'm honestly doubtful.

Or instead of asking other people to go through the effort of proving it to you, and this may sound crazy, but you could actually try it out and see for yourself.

EDIT - And thank you very much for the update Robalo. This is our go-to mod for AI, and as far as I'm concerned, still the best and most consistent one available.

Hey Robalo quick question, would JSRS affect the AI's ability to hear gunshots? Because the in engine sound is only 130m (the rest being scripted) but I don't know how the gun shot hearing is set up in ASR AI

I made a quick and dirty check for JSRS so when you have it, the sound range is set to 1000m for unsuppressed weapons. You can enable debug in sysdanger and then check the hints you get when you shoot the weapons to see how far the sound gets "detected".

Or instead of asking other people to go through the effort of proving it to you, and this may sound crazy, but you could actually try it out and see for yourself.

My personal computer is broken at the moment.

And it is not THAT crazy to ask to see in a video the nice features of the mod. A lot of modders do that to advertize their work. I do it myself. So chill.

I'm just sharing what I have and used since March last year, not to mention it has been mostly ported from my Arma2 mod. I don't really care about proving anything. You may find youtube videos showing this feature for ASR AI for Arma2.

Maybe it was clumsy to say that i was doubtful about this feature.

But we all know the difficulty ArmA AI has when it comes to pathfinding inside buildings..

And since ArmA 1, I've seen a lot of mods claiming that 'my AI is finally using building' when it was absolutly not the case in the end.

Just wanted to know if you had any video showcasing the feature you say your mod has.

There aren't any video showing this type of behavior on youtube.

That's all.

Edited by RoME

Robalo, excellent mod !!

It's really funny to see Opfor highjack our own vehicles that we left unguarded while patroling a town by foot !! We had to shoot on our own Slammer !! :)

Yes they can get in to use the gun. But if you see them drive away, that's not my fault :)

Robalo,

I as looking thew the userconfig and i noticed that two factions were mission. OPF_G_F (OPFIA) and BLU_G_F (FIA), the two Guerrilla factions of opfor and blufor. I just copy and pasted from existing values and made a new class. I dont know if there is some inheritance from opfor and blufor classes,? so thats is why i am pointing this out.

class BLU_G_F { // BLUFOR Guerrillas

coef = 0.5;

};

class OPF_G_F { // OPFOR Guerrillas

coef = 0.5;

};

Regular:

Code:

skillFriendly=0.69999999;

precisionFriendly=0.5;

skillEnemy=0.69999999;

precisionEnemy=0.5;

So is it the lower the number the less accurate the AI, or the higher, as you have 0.5 for the enemy,

if I went to 0.4 would that make them less accurate or more accurate?

Cant get the AI to use empty assets (static weapons, empty vehicles) while in combat. How is it done?

So is it the lower the number the less accurate the AI, or the higher, as you have 0.5 for the enemy,

if I went to 0.4 would that make them less accurate or more accurate?

Lower number=Less accuracy

Edited by GiorgyGR

Robalo,

I as looking thew the userconfig and i noticed that two factions were mission. OPF_G_F (OPFIA) and BLU_G_F (FIA), the two Guerrilla factions of opfor and blufor. I just copy and pasted from existing values and made a new class. I dont know if there is some inheritance from opfor and blufor classes,? so thats is why i am pointing this out.

class BLU_G_F { // BLUFOR Guerrillas

coef = 0.5;

};

class OPF_G_F { // OPFOR Guerrillas

coef = 0.5;

};

There is no need to list every faction class out there. If it's not configured the coefficient has the default value of 1 (faction has no effect on final skill value).

Cant get the AI to use empty assets (static weapons, empty vehicles) while in combat. How is it done?

There's a chance they'd do it, or they may do other things, like rushing towards contact or hiding in a house. Or they might have an assigned waypoint which would prevent having any scripted reaction from happening. That's because I try not to break missions and I don't like predictable AI.

Edited by Robalo