Sign in to follow this  
Belbo

Zeus and AddOns

I've been messing around with Zeus today and I'm absolutely amazed about it!

One question remains though: Is there a way to add objects from custom addons yet (like custom trees and foliage, or custom vehicles or even units)? And if yes, how would I be able to do that?

Try syncing the units to the Add Editable Objects module and also using the addons modules as well. No idea if it works though.

Try syncing the units to the Add Editable Objects module and also using the addons modules as well. No idea if it works though.

Curator - Bohemia Interactive Community #Unlocking Addons

So if I see that right, I'd have to start Arma 3 with an addon activated (like PGS's PMC for example). Then I open up the editor, prepare my zeus modules and add a "manage addons" module, in which I place a line like

mycuratorobj addcuratoraddons ["pomi_pmc"];

and after that I'll be able to place the units from the pomi_pmc addon in Zeus?

Edit: Tried it, placing a "manage addons" module, setting it to "add", and then putting the name of an activated addon (that contained new placeable units) in quotation marks (got an error without them) did not work. Nothing was showing up in the placement options for the GM.

So either adding custom units is not yet implemented or I did something wrong.

Edited by Pergor

Curator - Bohemia Interactive Community #Unlocking Addons

So if I see that right, I'd have to start Arma 3 with an addon activated (like PGS's PMC for example). Then I open up the editor, prepare my zeus modules and add a "manage addons" module, in which I place a line like

mycuratorobj addcuratoraddons ["pomi_pmc"];

and after that I'll be able to place the units from the pomi_pmc addon in Zeus?

Edit: Tried it, placing a "manage addons" module, setting it to "add", and then putting the name of an activated addon (that contained new placeable units) in quotation marks (got an error without them) did not work. Nothing was showing up in the placement options for the GM.

So either adding custom units is not yet implemented or I did something wrong.

Just a quicky: I cant even get

mycuratorobj addCuratorAddons ["A3_Characters_F_BLUFOR"];

Should mycuratorobj be the Game Master module or Manage Addon Module? I feel the information around the scripting of the modules are inadequate..

Should mycuratorobj be the Game Master module or Manage Addon Module? I feel the information around the scripting of the modules are inadequate..

Yes, they are. "mycuraterobj" was referring to the name of your GM module. You can scratch that if you're syncing the modules (at least that's what I think). I suppose using the manage addons module in the way I described would work for your purposes however.

I bloody well hope BI adds the possibility to place custom objects in Zeus without having to place each and everyone in the editor before playing...

Yes, they are. "mycuraterobj" was referring to the name of your GM module. You can scratch that if you're syncing the modules (at least that's what I think). I suppose using the manage addons module in the way I described would work for your purposes however.

I bloody well hope BI adds the possibility to place custom objects in Zeus without having to place each and everyone in the editor before playing...

I've tried syncing unofficial addons, adding them by unitclass, and by addon name. I haven't had any luck and I'm starting to believe that unofficial addons just don't work with Zeus right now.

Hi,

there's some issue with registering community made addons, we're looking at it now.

Hi,

there's some issue with registering community made addons, we're looking at it now.

Awesome, thanks!:)

Uhm, anyone else`s 'Show info' button for the manage addons module crash the game?

As the message says, some community addons (and even an official one - I fixed it now :)) are not configured properly and cannot be used in Zeus. Contact their authors and ask the for a fix.

• Like 1

As the message says, some community addons (and even an official one - I fixed it now :)) are not configured properly and cannot be used in Zeus. Contact their authors and ask the for a fix.

I've noticed that... Some addons just give out an error before loading (so you can't test a mission with them enabled) and some just give a hint on this configuration problem.

So my thought now is:

We should make a list of addons that are properly configured to be used with the manage addons module right now...

I've tested so far:

- working -

"]NATO Hellcats

NATO-Striders

MV22-OspreyUpdate

F/A-18 Super Hornet (even without adding it with the manage addons module)

HAFM ArmA 2 US Helicopters Import to A3

F-35B Lightning II

Stand alone hmmwv

Hellenic Armed Forces Mod (HAFM)

NSW Units & Gear (Retex.)

BLUFOR MBT-Kuma retexture

- not working -

PG Services

C-130J

CAF-Aggressors

HAFM - ArmA 2 HMMWVs import

Peral's A-10C

That's all I've tested so far... Maybe together we could expand this list.

Edited by Pergor

I don't have any problems with PG Services working on mine.

I don't have any problems with PG Services working on mine.

You can place a PG Services unit, sync it to the manage addons module and use the PG Services units afterwards in the Zeus interface? I somehow doubt it. It's not about compatibility issues with Zeus or the game itself. Its just about the managing addons module.

You can place a PG Services unit, sync it to the manage addons module and use the PG Services units afterwards in the Zeus interface? I somehow doubt it. It's not about compatibility issues with Zeus or the game itself. Its just about the managing addons module.

I see what you mean, but the gear and clothing work fine. Soon enough we'll be able to.

I see what you mean, but the gear and clothing work fine. Soon enough we'll be able to.

We would be, if pomigit wouldn't have better things to do. ;) But alas, he has, so we should not be too eager to wait for updates on PG Services...

I've noticed that... Some addons just give out an error before loading (so you can't test a mission with them enabled) and some just give a hint on this configuration problem.

So my thought now is:

We should make a list of addons that are properly configured to be used with the manage addons module right now...

I've tested so far:

- working -

"]NATO Hellcats

NATO-Striders

MV22-OspreyUpdate

F/A-18 Super Hornet (even without adding it with the manage addons module)

HAFM ArmA 2 US Helicopters Import to A3

F-35B Lightning II

Stand alone hmmwv

Hellenic Armed Forces Mod (HAFM)

NSW Units & Gear (Retex.)

BLUFOR MBT-Kuma retexture

- not working -

PG Services

C-130J

CAF-Aggressors

HAFM - ArmA 2 HMMWVs import

Peral's A-10C

That's all I've tested so far... Maybe together we could expand this list.

Do you mind if I ask you how you've accomplished this? I'm trying to figure out how to add HAFM's ported ArmA 2 US Helicopters. From the wiki, it sounds like I have to use "activateAddons" on the mission start so that they're available, so I added

activateAddons ["HAFM_ArmA2_Helis"];

to my initServer.sqf file. Then I placed a Manage Addon module down, synced it to my two Zeus Game Master modules, and put "HAFM_ArmA2_Helis" in the "Addon Classes" field, but no dice. They don't show up in the spawn menu. Oddly enough, the C-130J shows up in the spawn list without me having to do anything.

It's even easier than that.

Start an empty mission in the editor,

place a unit,

place the GM-module,

and a Zeus module,

sync the Zeus- with the GM-module,

place a Manage Addons-module,

sync it with the Zeus module,

place a unit or an object from the desired AddOn (I recommend deletevehicle = this; for the unit's init)

and sync it with the Manage Addons-module.

Done.

From now on you'll have all the units from this addon at your dispose, if it's configured properly.

It's even easier than that.

Start an empty mission in the editor,

place a unit,

place the GM-module,

and a Zeus module,

sync the Zeus- with the GM-module,

place a Manage Addons-module,

sync it with the Zeus module,

place a unit or an object from the desired AddOn (I recommend deletevehicle = this; for the unit's init)

and sync it with the Manage Addons-module.

Done.

From now on you'll have all the units from this addon at your dispose, if it's configured properly.

Thank you for replying. I really appreciate it. You couldn't have make this any clearer... But they're still not showing up. Gah! I feel like I'm missing something. (Still attempting this with the Arma 2 US Helicopters port.)

Thank you for replying. I really appreciate it. You couldn't have make this any clearer... But they're still not showing up. Gah! I feel like I'm missing something. (Still attempting this with the Arma 2 US Helicopters port.)

Weird... For me it worked right away... Have you tried placing a Set Editing Cost module and change every value to 0? Maybe the pricing of this addon is off range. Alternatively you could place a Manage Resources module to give yourself more resources to place units.

Make sure you check the proper location, I think it fell under "Empty - US Helicopters" it's not under blufor air if I remember.

Make sure you check the proper location, I think it fell under "Empty - US Helicopters" it's not under blufor air if I remember.

I tried this again with just a Zeus virtual entity, Game Master game mode module, Zeus Game Master module, manage resources module (set to 1, once), and editing costs module (everything set to 0), then the Manage Addons module with one of the helicopters synced to it... And it worked. Then I tried it without the Manage Addons module/helicopter and it STILL worked.

So there's something with my previous ZGM missions that is prohibiting the helicopters from showing up. I tried to duplicate the original Altis/Stratis missions as closely as possible, so something in there is mucking with it. I'll have to play around with it more and see what breaks it.

Thanks for the help, Pergor and oatemeal!

EDIT: Aha! It was the Set Costs modules that were preventing the units from showing up.

Edited by Katyuska

Can i get some clarification on how getting, Say, RH-m4 pack to work in the game would be done? a step-by-step possibly