Rav_Raven

LIFTER for ArmA 3

hey guys, wanted to ask if it is possible to script the AI picking up speedboats, dropping the ladder and AI climbing down onto the boat and the AI dropping the boat again? is this at all possible to script AI to do, even if just partially. like for example what would the command be for me to script the ladder appearing, or the ropes or what not. im working on a cinematic video where everything being scripted is essential. i would really appreciate it.

@Thedog88

Capabilities of LIFTER for AI being developed at this time. They will be available between v1.07 and v1.08.

is there a way i can call the ladder to appear via script/ trigger? should be right? would help me greatly :)

This is extracted from scripts LIFTER:

(note: _veh is helicopter name)

Position data are for the MH-47E.

private ["_ladder","_posLadder","_veh"];
_ladder = "RAV_ladder" createvehicle [0,0,0];
_posLadder = [0,0.75,-4.60];
_ladder attachTo [_veh, _posLadder];
_ladder setdir 0;

This "no added functionality." It's only for assemblies.

bah thank you! this will make things smoother. ill be sure to mention you in the credits ;) big project

Hello,

I have same bugs as before: mutiple "deploy slings", some times ammo crates disappear when dropped, i can pick last vehicle drop in the air...

djm3.jpg

dv6p.jpg

@Thedog88

Capabilities of LIFTER for AI being developed at this time. They will be available between v1.07 and v1.08.

That is great to hear. Would love the AI pilot to hover low enough for me and my AI team (if I could order them to) to deploy via ropes.

@flyingcoyotus

This fix only attempts to address the problem of freezing and crashes that happen at startup.

Physical problems (objects that disappear when released) occur from 1.18 arma3 upgrade. It's not something I can fix from LIFTER. There are reports of a raised and invisible field and so on. I'm waiting to be corrected by BIS.

As for duplicate actions, it may be an indication of multiple occurrences of LIFTER, which should not happen. It is in dedicated server, hosted, JIP?. I'll check the controls to see if something has escaped me.

Thanks for the feedback.

EDIT: Undoubtedly has something wrong because I see in the second image that is flying a helicopter and has suspended load indicator slings and load height (top right) shows a height of 0 meters. :butbut:

Edited by RAV_RAVEN

just checking in to let you know, successfully scripted 2 chinooks flying towards 2 speedboats with ropes down, they hover over the boats for about 20 seconds and then the boat attaches to the ropes and they depart... looks really sick! :) now to script the troops going up the ladder. oh yeah, forgot to mention, 100% AI ;) love this mod! please keep it coming!

@Thedog88

Good to hear.

(I'd like a video of the whole scene). :rolleyes:

With v1.07 of LIFTER will leave an option (via menu command) to raise or lower a whole group in sequence and not have to order separately for each AI.

Follow tuned ...

Testing with recent CBA, RAV 1.06_2 and latest server. Im getting consistent desync after dropping a load. about 10 seconds after it drops i get red chain ( around 50000 desync in the player menu), this stays for around 40-50 seconds then it stops.

Edit: Ive tested some more. If the load disappears into the ground once dropped then 100% i will get desync. This can be avoided by dropping the load higher however now it will dissapear then just reappear on the ground. The Marshal seems to cause Desync no matter what height its dropped from. (Tested with Vanilla vehicles- Marshal, HEMTT and Hunter , HMMWV and Jackals)

Edited by soldierman

Sorry i only check the first page and saw it was 1.06_2. Exact same issue on the 3rd fix though. Seems the higher the drop the more desync i get and if the load goes into the floor the desync is worst.

@Soldierman

Ok. The Los fix that I recently released are trying to solve a problem of processing overhead at the start of the mission when simultaneously attend specific modules (ALIVE, MCC, ZEUS, LIFTER).

Problems disappear when released loads are suspended or are reporting it since leaving the v1.18 ArmA 3. Really nothing in the code LIFTER, something that causes this behavior. Apparently MP increases by dedicated and is lower in MP hosted and almost null in SP. I hope that in future updates of ARMA 3 solutions.

Thanks for the feedback reported.

Currently, I am concerned about what happens to the performance since entering ArmA 3 (main menu with background mission) to the first 20-30 seconds into a mission on a dedicated server) that is the window in which are presenting problems freeze and lag.

With the fix #3 should a lot reduced or disappear altogether.

Id say the fix works then. In the games main menu i get a few seconds of lag but that is probably because i have a lot of mods active. The server seems fine, no extra lag delay that i can tell is caused by Lifter. I was testing using a custom MCC template mission which had other modules in place as well.

Hi, I've got a problem. I try to lift a vehicle then release: if I go into this and try to drive it all ok, it works. If someone else try to use the vehicle it doesn't move. Only for the one that lift the vehicle. I've missed something?:confused:

Hello, i have got a small Problem, my Group wants to use Your Mod, but when i place the Module in my Mission, my Dedicated Server abrot during ALiVE Startup. But when i remove the Module and delte the Mod association in the mission.sqm, the Mission loads without a problem. Did you have any idea why this happens?

@ramius86

I'll check. I thank you for report it.

@-=Hk=-Cpt.Skay

I'll add in the next v1.07

@Sancron

Among the capabilities included from v1.06 to LIFTER is the automatic activation in the presence of certain mods (ALiVE , Zeus, MCC). This is to avoid having to open existing missions , add LIFTER module on the map , save the file and regenerate the mission ".Pbo" of it.

Unexpectedly, I find problems of low performance , lag and freeze at the beginning of these missions, due to an increase in server load times when it starts.

I have some fix released last week to receive feedback and correct the problem. It is still not solved and purification process is a little convoluted .

I recommend that if you want to start using this mod, try to v1.05 of LIFTER (which does not start automatically, in the presence of the mods listed above and should be included on the map (F7 , modules section), until this is fixed the problem I'm working on.

So i started again, playing arma 3. and updated youre awesome mod :)

Got a question, is it normal when you fly that youre object "shake" around?

I played a long time no arma 3 but in youre first version did this not happend.

Sorry for bad english :D

Happens with other helicopters and other load too.

2014-06-02_000011ilo2.jpg 2014-06-02_0000277luv.jpg

Hey Raven. Awesome mod! It's become one of the essentials for my little group to use in our ARMA missions.

We've noticed a pretty dramatic bug, however, when using the addon. When flying a helo as Zeus (remote control the pilot), and anyone, whether one or all of the passengers use the fast-rope feature, the helicopter can get stuck in the sky over the drop point. Here's how to reproduce:

1.) Go into the editor. Either by having MCC active or by placing the Zeus module on the map and synching to the player avatar, make the player capable of Zeus-ing.

2.) As Zeus, place a helicopter and a team of infantry, and have the infantry board the helo in any manner preferred.

3.) Remote control the pilot, take off. At a safe altitude, drop the infantry using the pilot's begin fast-rope command, or if you have a player helping out as the infantry team leader, have that person initiate the fast-rope.

4.) After the fast-rope action completes and the helo is free to move again, fly away. For complete variable control, keep the infantry where they stand once disembarked. Notice that the aircraft functions normally.

5.) Return to the airspace directly above where the infantry disembarked via fast-rope.

You should notice the aircraft becomes stuck in the air, as if the script which fixes the helo in place during fast-roping is active again. I was actually able to turn the aircraft fully up-side-down at one point, to humorous effect, while remaining fixed in the air.

I've made a video showing the bug. Linked below.

http://youtu.be/0jQ1ZYEGojM

Anything I'm doing wrong here? Is there a workaround?

@Submarine_Sandwich

When you is right, is right.

You've done everything right. It is my mistake. :o

The action of fast-rope helicopter verifies that, if it is driven by the AI starts a routine of forced approximation to the area of insertion. In this case, the pilot of the helicopter, is an AI, but controlled by a player (Zeus), and the routine starts, fighting the "human" control. Hahaha, with results to view the video.

Fortunately, when the pilot is not Zeus, all is well. :p

I will correct in v1.07 (I'm ready).

Thanks for report.

Just wanted to drop-in and report that everything seems to be working great after the v1.0.6.3 fix. Tested in SP and no freezes or crashes at mission startups. Using latest A3 v1.20 and newest version of CBA released. Many thanks for this, was sorely missing using this mod. ;)