Rav_Raven

LIFTER for ArmA 3

And again, as mentioned previously, it also depends on the helo.  If it has anybody in a seat that has Fire From Vehicles enabled, the people in those seats will not rope down.

@Rav_Raven I was getting this warning message with v1.0.7.

22:26:41 Warning: rav_lifter_a3 has 'author' configured as an array, should be string.
22:26:41 Warning Message: []: 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches/RAV_Lifter_A3/' not an array

So I unpacked your mod and found the author entry to be wrong.

class CfgPatches {
	class RAV_Lifter_A3 {
		units[] = {"Eslinga", "Eslinga_L", "Eslinga_M", "Eslinga_P", "Eslinga_0", "LCD_lifter", "RAV_Ladder", "RAV_fastrope", "RAV_fastrope_suelta"};
		weapons[] = {};
		requiredVersion = 0.1;
		requiredAddons[] = {"Extended_EventHandlers", "CBA_main"};
		author[] = {RAVEN};
		authorUrl = "http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173483-LIFTER-for-ArmA-3";
	};
};

So I corrected it like this.

class CfgPatches {
	class RAV_Lifter_A3 {
		units[] = {"Eslinga","Eslinga_L","Eslinga_M","Eslinga_P","Eslinga_0","LCD_lifter","RAV_Ladder","RAV_fastrope","RAV_fastrope_suelta"};
		weapons[] = {};
		requiredAddons[] = {"cba_xeh","cba_main"};
		requiredVersion = 0.1;
		author = "RAVEN";
		authorUrl = "http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173483-LIFTER-for-ArmA-3";
	};
};

And re-packed the mod and it fixed the warning message.

Any chance you could fix this small issue and release an update ?

Many thanks for your lifter mod, especially the fastrope animations.

Cheers.

• Like 3

Hi all.
Merry Christmas.

@ cb65
Here I put the download link of the corrected v1.07. (comes out with dust and cobwebs, haha)
Lifter v1.07.1

I was really surprised that someone still used the old and dear LIFTER. (It became obsolete when BIS released its external load system by ropes).
Greetings.

• Thanks 4

On 12/26/2018 at 1:45 AM, Rav_Raven said:

(It became obsolete when BIS released its external load system by ropes).

Hi Rav_Raven,

Any chance you could extract the fastrope side of your lifter mod and make a mod that just focuses on fastrope ? :rthumb:

Cheers.

• Like 1

I could separate them, but before I get into it, I have to ask ...
Have you tried this one addon that does the same but with the native BIS strings?
Advanced Rappelling by Duda
If you still need my rope system instead of Duda's, please, indicate me.

Greetings from Argentina.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for continuing to update this fantastic mod.

Hi, help set up a mod. Lifter arma 3 is a mod about a quick descent from a helicopter. I can not configure the MI-8 for a quick descent. Help!

Hello RJey.
My mod is already old and I have not kept it after version 1.07.
But you can still open the pbo and edit the chkHelo.sqf script. There the anchor positions for the types of helicopters supported are defined. You just have to repeat the code of a supported version, changing its class name to the one of the MI-8 you want, but placing the correct values for the position vector (_datFastRopes):

Each element of the vector corresponds to a string position. Each position is an array of 3 elements that are the coordinates in the model space of the rope anchor (values x, y, z)
Example:

if (_tiptip isKindOf "I_HELI_LIGHT_03_UNARMED_BASE_F") then
{
    _center = [0,0,1];
    _datCam = [[0.67,4.45,0.2],[0,1, -1.7],[0,2, -6]];
    _datFastRopes = [[[1.00,3.00, -11.95],270,1,1],[[-1.05,3.00, -11.95],90,1,1]];
};

Greetings.

On 6/2/2019 at 5:44 AM, Alejandro Cano said:

Hello RJey.
My mod is already old and I have not kept it after version 1.07.
But you can still open the pbo and edit the chkHelo.sqf script. There the anchor positions for the types of helicopters supported are defined. You just have to repeat the code of a supported version, changing its class name to the one of the MI-8 you want, but placing the correct values for the position vector (_datFastRopes):

Each element of the vector corresponds to a string position. Each position is an array of 3 elements that are the coordinates in the model space of the rope anchor (values x, y, z)
Example:

if (_tiptip isKindOf "I_HELI_LIGHT_03_UNARMED_BASE_F") then
{
    _center = [0,0,1];
    _datCam = [[0.67,4.45,0.2],[0,1, -1.7],[0,2, -6]];
    _datFastRopes = [[[1.00,3.00, -11.95],270,1,1],[[-1.05,3.00, -11.95],90,1,1]];
};

Greetings.

Sorry, it does not work, an error occurs when launching arm 3. Do you know the mod Advanced Rappelling mod. I just do not understand it too. Well, in general, these mods are not well versed. If there is an opportunity, could you prescribe me the location of the ropes for Mi8. Please! Thank!