Rav_Raven

LIFTER for ArmA 3

I just started playing with your addon today and have 2 questions about it's capability. I've tried experimenting and can't find the answer.

First is there a way through editing the individual scenario or the addon itself that I can adjust the lifting "power" of helicopters? I really like the way you've balanced it out realistically but for the sake of gameplay I'd like to be able to adjust things universally or at least in a scenario set it up so that Vehicle X can be lifted by anything regardless of power/weight.

Second question is if the mod gives any helicopter available in Vanilla A3 or the HAFM Helicopters pack the ability to airlift the "DEVICE" found in A3 either individually or attached to the Tempest truck.

Thanks for whatever you can figure out.

Did you launch it with CBA A3? Im not sure if it is a dependency for this mod, but when extended even handlers is mentioned it generally refers to CBA because it contains extended event handlers.

Yes, I have CBA A3 in my mods, unless I have to update it, but I should have the current update that the mod shows. Otherwise would it maybe be a mod conflicting with RAV_Lifter?

---------- Post added at 12:40 ---------- Previous post was at 12:05 ----------

Yes, I have CBA A3 in my mods, unless I have to update it, but I should have the current update that the mod shows. Otherwise would it maybe be a mod conflicting with RAV_Lifter?

***EDIT*** Nvm, for some odd reason my CBA A3 was deleted out of my mods, so I had to reinstall it back and now it works. Thanks though for the help, glad I can use the lifter again, don't know what I'd do without this good mod.

hello!

first Im really thx for ur works.

by the way can u consider about Fast rope module for Mv22 osprey?

if its possible it will be the most greatest scene, I ever see

@Raven, can you please add the ability to transport UGVs and maybe UAVs? atm its impossible because they have crew...

see line 123 in Lift.sqf

small advice:

stick to spanish and give a shit on nearly everyone or program and document your code in english!!!

otherwise its hard to understand...

i am from germany, studying informatics and nearly never commented a code in german or used german variablenames...

Btw.: May i rerelease Lifter in a mod package (with credits)?

Edited by Coding

Sorry if this has been asked before but I've searched the thread and not found anything.

Is there a way to have AI pilots use the lifting system - even if the cargo is already attached and they can just drop it. Would be great for single player missions, especially utilising the ladder system.

Thanks.

Sorry if this has been asked before but I've searched the thread and not found anything.

Is there a way to have AI pilots use the lifting system - even if the cargo is already attached and they can just drop it. Would be great for single player missions, especially utilising the ladder system.

Thanks.

I THINK it is possible and i THINK it is a little bit hacked and not intended by Raven. Try to look into his code and execute the file which does what you want

Pseudocode:

on trigger activation do
[heli] execVM "\rav_lifter\fastrope.sqf";

that is just an idea but i think it will work if you use the correct syntax/file

look a bit into his code...

Ok thanks I'll take a look and wait to hear from the man himself. Hopefully there is a way, would be great!

I think the RAVEN MOD is a Great Job and if you have question about his code you need wait RAVEN to respond it. Is a simple opinion

Hey Raven, first of all great mod! Thanks for your work.

My question is: Would you please, please remove the check if the Vehicle has crew?. There is no way you can lift UAVs, not even the turrets. Also the Soldier and not the sling carrying the vehicle should decide if there may be Passengers inside a lifted Vehicle or not.

Looks like Raven hasn't been online for over a month but does anyone else know if fastroping works or not? For us the rope is deployed and then it drops to the ground instantly on every try and every chopper we've tried it with :(

You have to have everybody ready up before you deploy the rope (I believe the scroll wheel option is "choose descent rope"). The issue my group has been having is that the rope will often get cut while somebody is fastroping (but not because the helicopter moved too much, or because the pilot manually cut it). I think it might be a lag issue? We also have has issues with being injured from fast roping (hitting the ground too hard I suppose). There has also been a few instances where one person would just be thrown from the helicopter when the rope descent was started, and sometimes some people in the helicopter are never given the option to ready up. Personally, I'd like to know how to stop the ropes from automatically cutting when it thinks everyone has finished fast roping, and just leave it to the pilot to cut.

If i was to make a helicopter mod, would i need to add anything to it (in configs or script bits) in order to have fastrope and lifter compatibility or is it something you do only from your script?

@Chairborne As far as I'm aware RAV_RAVEN has to add the compatibility :)

Can anyone help please? I've tried to read through the pages (there are a lot!). Is having the module placed in the editor enough to have fast rope access? For human pilot and players. Or is a code needed to initialise/have the addaction, etc? Thanks!

Go to the modules section on the toolbar on the left in the Editor, with the three cubes. Double click on the map and search for (I believe it's in "Misc" for the RAV Lifter module), place it on the map and you can enable fast rope and other functions of the mod.

Go to the modules section on the toolbar on the left in the Editor, with the three cubes. Double click on the map and search for (I believe it's in "Misc" for the RAV Lifter module), place it on the map and you can enable fast rope and other functions of the mod.

Thanks I appreciate it. So it is just simply placing the module in the editor, fair enough. :)

You have to have everybody ready up before you deploy the rope (I believe the scroll wheel option is "choose descent rope"). The issue my group has been having is that the rope will often get cut while somebody is fastroping (but not because the helicopter moved too much, or because the pilot manually cut it). I think it might be a lag issue? We also have has issues with being injured from fast roping (hitting the ground too hard I suppose). There has also been a few instances where one person would just be thrown from the helicopter when the rope descent was started, and sometimes some people in the helicopter are never given the option to ready up. Personally, I'd like to know how to stop the ropes from automatically cutting when it thinks everyone has finished fast roping, and just leave it to the pilot to cut.

About the issue with falling off the rope: Tell everyone to not move their mouse while descending, the pilot cannot move to much, and people should not ready up AFTER the ropes are deployed. That should fix a couple of the problems. On the others though, I have no clue. Hope this helps.

1: Have pilot get into position

2: As pilot is getting into position have everyone select the fast rope option, not the start fast rope group option.

3: As soon as the helicopter is steady, have the pilot start the fast rope group.

This should work for all BIS helicopters and a select handful of mod helicopters.

I need help with the init line for non-integrated mod helicopters. I get all of the prompts but nobody can fast rope.

Hi,

Im sure this has been already asked, but I couldn't find anything.

Id like to add the "lifter ability" for a vehicle from a mod (the Puma from the BWMOD).

The Chinook can lift for example the standard IFVs but not the Puma. Is there any command I can put into the Init field of the Puma that this vehicle can also be lifed?

Thanks guys

Hello,

for some reason the fast rope is not working for me properly in the test mission - only half of the team exits the helicopter. Also in the mission with waypoint if I want to move the zone from the tower, the soldiers drop from the rope at around 5 m height. Any solutions for this? Thanks

Edited by matkob

can this be spawned into editor already in use?

for example, the game loads and im in the back of a Chinook, being piloted by AI with a boat already under slung?

My group tested this with fast roping, using the Blackhawk from US Imported Helicopters. We basically couldn't fast rope out of the helicopters on a dedicated server, running the mods for everyone and server.

Is there a detailed guide how the fast roping is done in Multiplayer?

hi, you wanna use "Choose Descend Rope" first, once the Heli is in a sufficient height. Afterwards you can select "Start deployment Group" or something. If you are in one group only the leader does select the second action menu and once he started the deployment everyone will fast rope out after one another. But be very careful and advise your pilot to actually use the auto hover function (most of them are too arrogant though ;) ).

However there is still quite a big risk of someone just falling out the chopper or injuring himself while fast-roping, so keep a medic at hand.

Hope I could help

I think you also need to place a module in the editor for fastrope to work.

I spent a good 2 days trying to figure it out myself some time ago.