Rav_Raven

LIFTER for ArmA 3

Hi Raven,

Awesome mod. looks to be a lot of fun. Unfortunately I am having trouble with the fast rope. How do I get it to work, I am trying it from the pilots seat but im not getting options. After looking over the fourm I seem to be the only one that has this issue. What do I need to do to get this to work.

Cheers

Duck

Which helicopter are you using?

Hi Raven,

Awesome mod. looks to be a lot of fun. Unfortunately I am having trouble with the fast rope. How do I get it to work, I am trying it from the pilots seat but im not getting options. After looking over the fourm I seem to be the only one that has this issue. What do I need to do to get this to work.

Cheers

Duck

Are you just using the editor to try it?

Did you add the Raven module in the editor?

Hi all, thanks for the replies. I have tried it in the editor and in multiplayer. I have placed the module as the lift objects is working. I was using it on the Boeing/SOAR MH-47E and the Blackhawk from ADF uncut. The lift option is working on both of these aircraft. I have had the helo's stationary at 5, 10, 15 and 20m without the option appearing.

Cheers

It is normal that you can't use this feature as pilot. If you can the helicopter will follow you to the ground. Try it as passenger on an Ai flown helicopter

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N9005 met Tapatalk

@(AEF)Duck

To start a fast-rope you must:

1 - Being the pilot and transport personnel in the cargo section of the helicopter (no matter if gunner or commander).

2 - Be group leader and be in the cargo section of the AI-controlled helicopter (new in v1.07).

3 - Having a lower speed to 10 km / h.

4 - height between 5 and 30 meters (25 or less recommended)

5 - The helicopter must be recognized by the mod (Currently, almost all inherited capacity)

---------- Post added at 06:39 ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 ----------

New version (v1.07) in first post!.

LIFTER_promo_107.jpg

Changelog:

v1.07

-Add: You can make an object be ignored by the detection LIFTER (Example: name_object SetVariable ["noLift", true, true];)

-Add: From the menu command you can sort lower or raise to a total pool steps (helicopter CH-47 family and assault boat)

-Add: Compatibility with Up Armored HMMWV Modification by RichardsD (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25753).

-Add: Compatibility with Brazilian Defence Forces (BDF) by BDF Team (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25832).

-Add: Compatibility with Chinook Pack by Deltagamer (http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25951).

-Fixed: Immobility problem with vehicles dropped on the ground.

-Fixed: Unstable position of objects carried in slings.

Enjoy!.

Thank you for sending us the updated version :cool:

Update frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@RAV_RAVEN Thanks a lot for the update. Much appreciated!

Thanks RAVEN for this Update is a excellent MOD

I sent you a PM about the fastropego.sqf error.

Hope you submit a hotfix.

Thanks for all fellow countryman :cool:

Hello,

In dedicated server mode, still the same problem, and it's getting worse: impossible to drop ammocrates:

Multiple lift even in the air:

357567arma32014061618585202.jpg

Impossible to drop ammocrates:

133831arma32014061618590618.jpg

Can someone explain this: "you can sort lower or raise to a total pool steps". :confused:

I'm not sure what that means. Thanks.

we tested it a bit and ammo create transport worked. we only had some strange action menu things with fast roping, sometimes the pilot can activate it, sometimes the passagers. would be cool to have some jobs shared. e.g. the copilot can do everything, the pilot only deploy transport rope, the load master (in the chinook) can deploy transportrope, the crew on the back can deploy passagers for fast roping. So the action menu is splittet and not everyone gets everything. its hard if you have so many action menues.

Also pilot had while fast roping several Cancel actions, on the first test 2, after a while more. Why cancel if the guys are already on the way? The way is: All (or a part) passagers get ready and pilot hit "begin", and all that checked ready will go down. Thats it right?

Is there any way to use this mod when you are the only one in the helicopter? (Ie. no AI needed?)

Thanks

Edited by PeopleLikeGrapes
Found the solution to my original problem, now am faced with this one.

Fast roping is hit or miss. More often than not, the ropes deploy and drop off immediately. Can't figure out what we are doing wrong. Help!

Awesome mod you did there Raven!

But theres a small issue, since a while for me. It only seems to appear on dedicated servers. The containers are oriented wrong. I tried it in the local editor and in the local mp-editor, everything works fine. On dedicated servers the container turn a few times when lifting, then they stay in a 90° angle to the chopper.

http://i.imgur.com/ZomtJXD.jpg (303 kB)

I´m using the latest version (1.07). Tried it with vanilla vehicles and with addon vehicles, both didn´t work.

I hope theres a fix for this.

Greetings ODM

I use an inhouse developed UH-1Y and I noticed that the latest version of RAV lifter allows you to give fast rope capabilities to aircraft not recognized by RAV Lifter through the initialization field of the aircraft through the editor. It doesn't seem to work. I don't recieve any sort of error, it just doesn't give the option to drop the ropes in any position of the aircraft.

I also use a CH-46 that is recognized by RAV lifter, however the anchor points of the ropes are in awkward positions. Is there anyway to use the initialization field to override the existing anchor points?

This is definitely a great mod, especially if it gives this sort of customization.

I've run into this same error with some in-house aircraft. After setting the initialization with the offered line in the fastropes readme, as a pilot, I get the dialogue in my menu to deploy fastrope group and my passengers get the option to fastrope. The dialogue pops up as ropes deployed, but nothing happens, then the ropes are cut according to the dialogue but they never appear and my passengers remain in cargo.

@RAV_RAVEN Here's a small idea/request for the mod that would be a great addition. Rappelling!

Request in spoiler \/

Videos

How would you use it? Well you would select "prepare to rappel" or something along the lines of that and then you would move to a prepared position waiting until the pilot is ready like in the first video above, once ready you would hit "rappel" and it would deploy ropes and depending on the helicopter it would allow more than one person to rappel at the same time. You could also add the feature of controlling your descent with the "S" or "Z" key.

Its just an idea and you don't have to do it. Also if this has already been posted then sorry my bad :)

The excitement about the Helicopters DLC is only beginning...

That said @deltagamer, wouldn't it be best to wait until shooting from vehicles is implemented to put that in?

It's not much different than fast roping.

What could be possible to request until then is the possibility to deploy one or two ropes minimum based on personnel capacity to make the troop-dismounting capability via fastrope faster.

For example, a littlebird would deploy a second fastrope if the number of troops in the passenger seats exceed 3.

My group has been having some trouble getting everyone in the chopper to fastrope. It seems now after each player fast ropes, the rope is cut and another must be deployed. Is there a way we're not doing this correctly, or is it a bug in the mod? Thanks!

Hey, um I seem to be having a problem as well. When I go in editor, throw in the modular for the Lifter, a helicopter that can use it, and try to lift, it doesn't work/act like the modular isn't there. When I first launch the game it says something about the lifter requiring event handlers, and I don't know where I go get them or how to fix it. Anyone think they can help me with this? Going in editor it says the function can't be used in the mode...help????

Hey, um I seem to be having a problem as well. When I go in editor, throw in the modular for the Lifter, a helicopter that can use it, and try to lift, it doesn't work/act like the modular isn't there. When I first launch the game it says something about the lifter requiring event handlers, and I don't know where I go get them or how to fix it. Anyone think they can help me with this? Going in editor it says the function can't be used in the mode...help????

Did you launch it with CBA A3? Im not sure if it is a dependency for this mod, but when extended even handlers is mentioned it generally refers to CBA because it contains extended event handlers.