Rav_Raven

LIFTER for ArmA 3

@Siege-A

I appreciate since I have not had much feedback after SP v1.06.3. And because of that I've been delaying the next v1.07 (while I continue fixing, changing and adding things).

Guys, I really need MP performance reports on dedicated on the famous freeze and lags along with Zeus, MCC and servers Alive. (do not forget me) :rolleyes:

I will correct in v1.07 (I'm ready).

Thanks for report.

Glad to hear there's a fix for this in the works. Keep up the awesome work!

I have searched all over the thread.. What i want to know is, is there a script, code or a trigger that makes the AI team deploy his team by fastroping without an actual player.

The Scenario is like this:

4 helicopters each with their own team is inserting, when you (the player), clears an AA implacement. But how do i make the AI team Leader/Pilot order the team to get out, using the Fastroping?

if there is a reply in this thread, please redirect me.

(THis is my first post in a thread)

got a version error even i update to latest LIFT version, and it happen sometimes, one more thing, sometime sompeople can't fast rope and it also happen sometimes, i use LIFT with 40 ppl and they use Exactly same addon with me, because i distribute to them.

Hello when we use the fast rope we are teleported to the coordinates 00, 00. We play on Takistan, is the problem or is it to setup?

Thanks.

Hey,

i like your mod. we have 2 problems:

1. on some helicopters the rope is dropped out but as soon as the rope is out it get cut. no fast roping on most of the helicopters. on the bigger ones it worked but even the MH47 it didnt work. dont know what im doing wrong here. we tested with copilot, some guys in the back. on little bird i think i bugged to the top of the helicopter.

2. when released a vehicle the transport rope flipped back to my helicopter and the hole heli exploded in the air. Its also quite hard to find the spot on some vehicles where the script recognize the vehicles on the ground to lift it.

@All

Sorry for the delay. I have had little time these days and rather to do with LIFTER.

@Superfrede

This placed a trigger or script makes the AI ​​make a fastrope in the position of an object called "LZ" (may be a unit

***logic or anything else):

1 - To make it in the position of a unit called the "LZ"

nameHelo SetVariable ["fastRopePos" LZ getpos]; nameHelo SetVariable ["fastRopeHeight", 10]; nameHelo SetVariable ["fastRopeOn", true];

2 - To make it in the position of a marker called "LZ"

nameHelo SetVariable ["fastRopePos" getMarkerpos "LZ"]; nameHelo SetVariable ["fastRopeHeight", 10]; nameHelo SetVariable ["fastRopeOn", true];

If you still need it, I can make a demo mission with multiple simultaneous helicopter doing a fast-rope (to attach to the package release of v1.07)

@Kgino1045

Changes have been made in the code of the routines to fast-rope. I advise you to wait a few days until the v1.07 release.

@ Alcatraz_FR

That should not happen. The identity of the island only affect routine search of modules ingame like Zeus, MCC or ALiVE. Anyway I'll check.

@Numrollen

Idem Kgino1045. There are numerous changes in the fast-rope routine. This week v1.07 comes out and hopefully with the changes, more stable in terms of fast-rope.

My only remaining suggestion is to provide an option so that no action menu prompt is required for human players to fast rope if there is an AI pilot.

@The Hebrew Hammer

The problem that could arise overlays routine calls to decrease and several people turned down while anchored at the same point hitch rope animation.

The lowering process is a download "unit by unit" in sequence and according to the list of units "assigned to descend", preceded by the deployment of the rope and ending with cut and release thereof.

The only scenario I see as possible for players to drop a keypress is to organize and fall of one voice and communicating it to inform the rest and avoid clashing with another player ....

RAV_RAVEN,

We have tried this beautifull mod online yesterday and it works great except for one thing.

We where doing a mission where we had to infiltrate a village. the best way was via the water, so we have flown a chinook to the sea with a boat under it.

When we reached the point from where we are going to start the infiltartion via boat, we've let the ladder down and clicked the option to go into the boat via the ladder.

That was the tricky part because some of us (including me) could click the function but nothing happends after that. We'had to jump out into the water and enter the boat via water.

Any ideas what could be the problem with not being able to get into the boat?

Kindly regards,

Rick Winkelman

@skunk

The routine to lose the boat proved to be a bit unstable in MP. I've replaced and added the ability to download or upload a whole group with a single command. Wait for v1.07 (before the weekend) to prove it. :p

Thanks for the feedback.

@The Hebrew Hammer

The problem that could arise overlays routine calls to decrease and several people turned down while anchored at the same point hitch rope animation.

The lowering process is a download "unit by unit" in sequence and according to the list of units "assigned to descend", preceded by the deployment of the rope and ending with cut and release thereof.

The only scenario I see as possible for players to drop a keypress is to organize and fall of one voice and communicating it to inform the rest and avoid clashing with another player ....

Sorry, what I meant was for a human player in command of AI, with no other human players. Similar to how "transport unload" will force you out of the vehicle. I'm having issues with the action menu not working unless you select the action immediately after it pops up. Norrins' old fast rope script did essentially what I'm asking about. In SP if the player is in command of AI he is automatically forced to fastrope and the AI follow.

@wolfgarth

This is top-secret and will in future versions of LIFTER.... if anyone asks, did not know about me. :rolleyes:

th_stretcher1.jpg th_naufrago0.jpg th_hitcher1.jpg th_crane2.jpg th_Crane1.jpg th_arma22010-01-2701-24-42-00.jpg

We encountered the teleporting to 000 000 on clafghan a couple times when fastroping. Will test in the future when there is a lot less bandwith issues on the server.

@swissMAG

I have new code in fast-roping routine in v1.07 to avoid (or minimize) the lag. Hope it works as expected. :rolleyes:

Will there be a way to lower a PJ down via the hoist cable? Also You should if you can make it a tadam recover and dont forget the penetrating hook

!

Hi Rav_Raven!

This is an awesome mod, but I'm having trouble getting it to work on one of our dedicated servers. All other mods work no problem, but our server won't boot when I place yours in the command line boot script.

I've tried both versions from Armaholic and also from playwithsix. I have your "RAVEN.bikey" (armaholic) and/or the "raven.bikey" (playwithsix) the "Keys" folder on the dedicated. I did this one at a time.

The mod works fine on my local multiplayer server. I'm really excited about getting this to work on my dedicated. I appreciate any ideas you can offer.

Here is our test server. Only mod required at this time is the C-17 Globemaster.

b_560x95.png

Will Boot:

@c17a3;@everon2013;@mcc;@cpm;@nimitz;

Won't boot:

@c17a3;@everon2013;@mcc;@cpm;@nimitz;@RAV_Lifter_A3

@neven

Sure that this is the correct list of mods?. There is a space at the end of LIFTER.

@c17a3;@everon2013;@mcc;@cpm;@nimitz;@RAV_Lifter_A 3

Otherwise, it should work perfectly. Sure, if the CBA mod (I do not see on the list) have installed. :rolleyes:

Neven you probably need @CBA_A3

Rav the space at the end there before the 3 is a forum glitch.

@neven

Sure that this is the correct list of mods?. There is a space at the end of LIFTER.

@c17a3;@everon2013;@mcc;@cpm;@nimitz;@RAV_Lifter_A 3

Otherwise, it should work perfectly. Sure, if the CBA mod (I do not see on the list) have installed. :rolleyes:

That space is somehow added here in the forum. It's not in the init string. :)

Yep. This is confusing. I'm pretty sure my server defaults with CBA, which is why it isn't required with the init mod string. All of the other mods listed also require CBA and they seem to run fine.

Thanks for the reply and checking that I did indeed didn't forget something. I'll have someone else double check the settings to make sure it's all correct.

I'm sure we'll get it figured out. :D

Update: Server is now loading after forcing a newer version of CBA in the init string.

Edited by neven
Update

We have a error with lifer

---------- Post added at 02:42 ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 ----------

Hi all, we have an error with the last version of lifter and the boats, AI or player , same error:

2014_06_15_00001.jpg

@Fillo

Thanks for report. Whether it is solved.

It has to do with the new ability to order a complete set to fall to board the boat or helicopter. (next in v1.07) :cool: