Rav_Raven

LIFTER for ArmA 3

how can i do fastrope from ALIVE Transport ?

AI Pilot dont kick me from heli to do fastrope

@redleouf

The new v1.06 LIFTER starts automatically if detected Zeus, Alive or MCC running on the mission. You do not need to have the module included in the mission but if it is mandatory to have it enabled as mod.

I love you. I really do. Thank you <3

great as always

After putting this updated mod into my addons myself and a friend experienced the same issue. Our main Arma 3 menu was really laggy and the background video was taking an age to load.

We both reverted back to your previous version and the issue went away..

After 1.0.6 update, I can't set up coop server.

Multiplayer -> New -> Press OK then Arma freezes.

Here is my mod list.

- 'tss_nametag'

- 'asdg_jr'

- 'cba_a3'

- 'fa18_a3'

- 'mas_usa_devg'

- 'nato_russian_sf_weapons'

- 'nimitz'

- 'outlw_magrepack'

- 'sthud_a3'

- 'task_force_radio'

- 'vts_weaponresting'

- 'african_conflict'

- 'alive'

- 'lkr_ammo'

- 'african_conflict'

- 'caf_ag'

- 'nato_russian_sf_weapons'

- 'vts_sticky'

- 'C17A3'

- 'pomi_pmc'

- 'ebu_c130'

- 'dr_irregulars'

- 'hiddenidentitypack'

- 'fsf_sacventral'

- 'asr_ai3'

- 'fq_mapdraw'

- 'koplic'

- 'mcc_sandbox_a3'

- 'rq-11_raven_ab_a3'

- rds_tank'

- 'rds_tank_agreessors'

- 'cjtf101editor'

- 'cpm'

- 'kio_balaclava'

- 'cjtf_irnohelma3'

- 'slts_cg'

- 'aiss'

- 'rh_m4_a3'

- 'unlocked_uniforms'

- 'euss'

- 'karma_modules'

- 'arp2'

- 'realarmor'

- 'rwco'

- 'hafm_helis'

- 'hafm_hmmwv_a3'

- 'ivory_f15c'

- 'DAM'

- 'kyo_mh47e_a3'

- 'sud_russians'

- 'rav_lifter_a3'

After the upgrade started strong lag in the game menu while loading missions in the editor. Reverting to an earlier version solves this problem ((((

Same here. Huge lag in menu and also in mission-beginnings, if mission has mcc, but no lifter-module.

It is strange. Support for MCC was the first thing I checked when developing version. Let me check.

Thanks for the feedback.

Keep tuned ...

(Let me clarify that I am in the development branch version: 1.21.124479 and ALiVE required 1.14.116248)

Testing with the mission: Pyrgos Assault v1.11 (downloaded from alivemod.com)

The start times of the mission with the test modules are:

LIFTER v1.05

Test 1: Zeus + MCC + ALive + Cba + LIFTER: 137,018 seconds

LIFTER v1.06

Test 1 - Zeus + MCC + ALiVE + Cba + LIFTER: 137,401 seconds

The times are similar. So I decided to start removing mods ...

Test 2 - Zeus + MCC + ALive + Cba: 137,109 seconds

Test 3 - Zeus + ALiVE + Cba: 135,044 seconds

Test 4 - ALiVE + Cba: 133,532 seconds

The times were taken directly from the record that generates ALIVE in the RPT.

As you can see, LIFTER no significant impact. No is a conflict with MCC appreciated. (tests 2 and 3). I can not prove only with ALiVE because requires CBA.

Would appreciate if someone can provide test results in the stable branch.

I am listening ...

the thing i've noticed in stable is that u still need the lifter module in editor not to get lag.

but also i have a bug with lifter where after being in editor and leaving for main menu, the game lags/crashes when loading the background map.

so I would suspect it to be something with the code to run lifter when zeus or something like that is running.

just checked and without lifter i have no problem with main menu after editor, but with it problem still around.

hope this helps with finding the problem.

edit:

my addons are:

CBA+zeus+lifter = lag in editor when on altis (none on stratis) , pop down lifter module in editor = 0 lag. But lag in main menu after.

CBA+zeus= no problem

Edited by ImCrazy

Hi,

can't test the results, have deleted previous version :)

But i am also pretty sure the problem is the launch by mcc resp. zeus.

If u put the module on the map there is no lag at all. If mcc launches it, it is.

Same with the menu. Start Arma with -noworld: no lag at all. If background sequence is running (treated like mission) mcc has already launched (u can see that by the same error-message of mcc like in singleplayer) that results in same lag.

Hopefully someone can give u testresults. Take your time.

cu

SerialMum

P.S.: we are not talking about a lag of 1 or 2 seconds, first time i thought arma was frozen...

Edited by SerialMum

Just an FYI from my experience. (same as ImCrazy) The lag happens on the main Arma screen. Like say when I exit the editor and want to shut down the game. Before I can use the Exit button (to fully exit Arma) the screen appears frozen. No background video, no sound, mouse cursor moves but nothing in the main menu is selectable for a minute or two.

In game it works fine no "lag".

Going to see if I have an older version of Lifter and see if it goes away.

Non dev. version.

To make your tests, here is the link to the previous version:

Link LIFTER v1.05

But I think they have given me the info I need. I-must-verify that the problem is when arma3 starts with a world loaded. I always do with-world = empty in the command line to speed up the boot. Surely at this stage with a bottleneck phase synchronization occurs ALIVE.

Need to prove the stable version with clause -world=empty in arma3 shortcut to substantiate how it behaves.

Stay tuned ... and thanks for the feedback

Edited by RAV_RAVEN

if I run this mod on the server side? that users would not download it? and upload it to the mission pbo ..

The mod is Client-side functions for lifting and Server-side for fast-rope, but everyone should have the mod downloaded and enabled and that are synchronized with the server and also objects using LIFTER (ropes, slings and screen LCD cab) must exist in the player stations to see and use.

Hey Raven,

Just wanted to pop in and thank you for all the work you're putting into this mod!

So I added the empty world parameter to my startup but had the same result.

Next replaced the files with the the last version from the link you provided and the "lag" went away.

Thanks for the mod and great support.

Using 1.06 both Server side and client side with the module in the mission we are having issues. Firstly with the MH-47E i get 2 options for slings. I deploy one , drop them however now i have 2 options to deploy slings. This gets stuck in a cycle which a set of slings will be deployed with no option to drop them. Secondly is the fast roping. It causes a large spike in desync, each time the rope is deployed or the ropes are dropped everyone on the server gets a red chain.

and this addon you can import the file into the mission? I would like that users would not download it yourself, and it downloads itself when loading mission ..

@Totalham

You must have the addon installed to use it. Sorry, but the scripts work together with animated sections and points of memory models slings, screens and ropes.

@All

I need to try this fix that should solve the bottleneck problem in loading the main menu.

LIFTER v1.06 (Fix #1)

Please, report their performance, and if all goes well, we distribute.

Thank you.

@All

I need to try this fix that should solve the bottleneck problem in loading the main menu.

LIFTER v1.06 (Fix #1)

Hi,

worked for me:

No lag in main menu,

no lag in mcc-missions.

Thanks!

cu

SerialMum

I just tested in Editor and I am not having any of the lag or lockup issues I was having.

Must be on the right track!

Hey Raven,

Great mod you have here. I have one question though:

I have a truck that has multiple water tanks on the back with attachTo. With how they are placed, when you try to pick up the truck, it will grab the water tanks instead of the truck. Is there anything I could apply to objects to force them to be ignored by the slings so that only the truck is recognized? Thanks.

@Hoizen

The sling should detect the truck separately from the water tanks. But I understand that I must be really running their centers and we must be especially difficult to select one.

I'm about to release a fix in v1.06 and I will include the ability to ignore a true putting in your memory space the variable "NOlift" object.

example:

water_tank SetVariable ["NOlift", true, true];

Then only they can lift objects that have this variable to "false" or who do not have defined.

Wait for the release ...

---------- Post added at 20:28 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

@All

It is good for the fix to work properly.

Can anyone confirm if it works well on a dedicated server with several players simultaneously?.