Rav_Raven

LIFTER for ArmA 3

agree on the multi rope for the chinook... takes a long time to de-bus a full chinook otherwise... and we do have that rather tempting suicide hole :)

Is there a way to use Fast-rope with ALiVE AI-pilot? I mean, there's "Insertion" order, after which heli is hovering on desired altitude, there's scroll-menu option "Descend by rope" (which gives "ready to descent" message), but players can't start actual fast-roping.

@RAV_Raven I have a small suggestion/request: Can we get more fast ropes on the chinooks?

Maybe two at the back.

Or, one at back and one in the middle.

Or all three?

This is the line for the Chinook MH-47E:

if (_tiptip isKindOf "KYO_MH47E_BASE") then

{

_center = [0,0,-0.3];

_datCam = [[1.10,9.05,-0.20],[0,-3.5,-3.7],[0,3.0,-7.5]];

_datFastRopes = [[[0.7,-6.1,-12.9],0,0,5],[[-0.7,-6.1,-12.9],0,0,5],[[0,1.2,-12.9],0,0,2]];

};

This way it will have the 3 ropes .. two on back and one in the middle (hole)

@All

I'll add the suggestion with the code provided by Scar.arg and will release an update weekday along with some details that would get in the next upgrade.

Thanks for the feedback.

On integration with Zeus, I have to do this topic because I have no idea how to do it and I must inform me (if anyone has the info I receive Enchanted)

On integration with ALIVE, I have understood that it does not work well with the development branch (which I currently use), then it will be difficult to develop something on that should be able to prove ...

Edited by RAV_RAVEN

@All

I'll add the suggestion with the code provided by Scar.arg and will release an update weekday along with some details that would get in the next upgrade.

Thanks for the feedback.

On integration with Zeus, I have to do this topic because I have no idea how to do it and I must inform me (if anyone has the info I receive Enchanted)

On integration with ALIVE, I have understood that it does not work well with the development branch (which I currently use), then it will be difficult to develop something on that should be able to prove ...

One issue I appear to run into is if I run with a "respawn" script for the helicopters, the respawned helicopters will not have the ability to "deploy slings", I also have not been able to confirm whether fast roping or any of the other features still work. Is there a workaround to fix this?

@Kocrachon

It should not happen because LIFTER not control helicopters. works on the player and when he boards a helicopter, assigned actions. Anyway, let me check ...

Thanks for the feedback.

@Kocrachon

It should not happen because LIFTER not control helicopters. works on the player and when he boards a helicopter, assigned actions. Anyway, let me check ...

Thanks for the feedback.

I may also add this bit of tidbit since you mentioned that.

Particularly, the issue happens when ever I crash with the helicopter. I cannot really test right now, but I am not sure if the cause is when I die, or when the helo dies. I initially attempted to do all of this in the domination map, but when I also tried to add it to my own TvT I was trying to create, I ran into similar issues.

What is even odder, is the ability to fast rope still seems to exist, its just the sling that seems to stop working. However, on my last attempt, when I deployed the fast ropes, the person started to go down them, but then stopped and when back into the helicopter.

Im not sure if there would really be problems with the compatibility with alivemod itself, cause all the alive-supportmodule does is giving you an AI controlled heli which you can send to any spot on the map (with yourself in cargo), and also gives you the option to let it hover in ropeheight -

so you would basically just need the option to let a human who is in cargo start the fastropefeature

Good Sir, first of all, thank you for include this to the CH47E. Also, I would like to know if the fast rope is AI compatible. I mean, if they (the AI) will use it when I deploy the fast rope. Thank you.

I am really not an expert, I actually don't know anything about modding on Arma, but I know that chessmaster42 have released a Curator Presets Mod which add executable scripts through Zeus module section. Maybe he can help you with that?

Here is his topic: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?176116-Curator-Presets-Mod

But to be honest, even if I really don't know much about all of that, I doubt that we are able to properly execute a module like that without having to restart the map or anything (like a simple script). But once again, I am not even close to be a modder so I will let more qualified people discuss about that.

Anyway, thank you again for your awesome mod, and for taking the time to look at this solution! You rock dude!

Good Sir, first of all, thank you for include this to the CH47E. Also, I would like to know if the fast rope is AI compatible. I mean, if they (the AI) will use it when I deploy the fast rope. Thank you.

If you have an AI cargo just deploy the rope and they will use it.

Also you can even make the AI fly and deploy the rope for you, or for AI cargo.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

If you have an AI cargo just deploy the rope and they will use it.

Also you can even make the AI fly and deploy the rope for you, or for AI cargo.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9300 utilizzando Tapatalk

That's what I wanted to know. Thank you!

yes but how to let the ai heli hoover exactly at the center of the LZ? the aircraft stops 20m before "fastRopePos" with the ----_baja = true ----(velocity _veh select 0) * 0.85---- and flyInHeight 9.99. And if the ai heli would fly higher, you could let ai units land on rooftops?

@redleouf

Thanks for the info. I will investigate the matter.

@Alexsegen

It says as well Antorugby

@VinniMe

Since Operation Flashpoint, BIS have trouble getting their helicopter hit the exact spot (lol). I have provided a script to "push" the helicopter to the precise area, but is still a bit primitive. I guess in a later release we can improve the accuracy.

Greetings.

@All

The helicopter CH-47 family now use up to 3 strings to fast-rope. There is a "smart" routine that decides how many use as a function of the quantity available and the number of troops deployed. You will leave this Friday or Saturday with other improvements and fixes. (next v1.06)

Keep radio frequency ....

Greetings.

Edited by RAV_RAVEN

Hey my group is looking at this mod and after some testing we found that using it with the MH-47E things are dandy with the exception of that if you use on MP the fast rope, there is no option to drop slings. However I got in another helo and it worked fine. As for the Ghost Hawk I had no issues with fast roping AI in single-player, however with a human player approximately five meters from a height of 24m and lower got him killed, so am I missing the script inititialization for MP to work properly?

@redleouf

Thanks for the info. I will investigate the matter.

@Antorugby

It says as well Alexsegen

@VinniMe

Since Operation Flashpoint, BIS have trouble getting their helicopter hit the exact spot (lol). I have provided a script to "push" the helicopter to the precise area, but is still a bit primitive. I guess in a later release we can improve the accuracy.

Greetings.

@All

The helicopter CH-47 family now use up to 3 strings to fast-rope. There is a "smart" routine that decides how many use as a function of the quantity available and the number of troops deployed. You will leave this Friday or Saturday with other improvements and fixes. (next v1.06)

Keep radio frequency ....

Greetings.

Hey Raven, I got some more information about the problem I ran into.

It appears that its when the player respawns that it no longer works. So its not the helicopter respawning that breaks it, its the player respawning that breaks it.

@Kocrachon

Use some special script to respawn?. I have checked with basic respawn (description.ext and markers) and it worked fine. Maybe some script respawn system (revives, etc.) generate conflict ...

@Kocrachon

Use some special script to respawn?. I have checked with basic respawn (description.ext and markers) and it worked fine. Maybe some script respawn system (revives, etc.) generate conflict ...

Its on domination, so I am guessing so. Although saddly thats out of my realm of scripting skill and knowledge. :(

damned code rush :rolleyes:

Edited by VinniMe

Raven, I'm having some difficulty using the fast-rope script for a helicopter that LIFTER doesn't recognize (personal re-skin of the MH-9). I followed the instructions provided with the latest release in the config_fastrope.txt, yet the fastrope option does not appear. I was unable to find anything wrong with the setup of the execVM, so I made a quick copy of the init_fastrope.sqf and added some debugging hints. From what I'm seeing, the script is exiting on line 9, right after the 5-second sleep to check if the LIFTER module is loaded.

if (not isnil("_yaFR")) exitWith {};

Any ideas?

That line is to ensure that only one copy of the script is running at the same time. It should not be causing the problem. Anyway you can comment it (//) to skip it and see if the script is started or if the problem persists and must be somewhere else. I'll do my tests to be sure ...

Edited by RAV_RAVEN

I've played around with the latest version of LIFTER and I am very pleased that WP after Fast Roping are now easily used with the script ie; helo continues to its next WP after the infantry exit.

I like jungle maps and I was hoping that Fast Roping would be ideal for helicopter insertions into areas where no helo can land but unfortunately it seems (due to FlyInHeight 20) there still needs to be a clearing big enough for fast roping. In fact if its big enough to Fast Rope its big enough for the helo to land.

This is not a problem with LIFTER since this was my hope in adapting the script not the designer's. It still works well and adds plenty of atmosphere for those Special Forces missions.

Hey mate love the mod, using it with the SOAR MH-47E, did notice when using my vehicle respawn script the vehicles that are respawned no longer have the lifter capabilities? Anyone else noticed this?

Also to help with the one above could you maybe have it so you load different lengths of rope into the chopper and that determines your required height to fastrope? Just a suggestion as I think that is what ACE did for A2.

@Dr@gon

Actually the maximum height of the string (by design) is 30 meters, but I put a default height of 20 to fast-rope from script because reaching extremes, the point of release of the player in the rope becomes imprecise and sometimes the unit is damaged.

but reading your comments, I think I can make a different height (with SetVariable command) in the same way that the destination (fastRopePos) is scheduled to be configured.

Greetings.

---------- Post added at 16:36 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

@XxSheepDoggxX

Problems with respawn apparently are related to the regeneration of used scripts (I'm evaluating), because the "typical" respawn works perfectly. I hope to have news soon on this subject.

As the fast-rope rope is a complex object (actually has 7 different animations) and one of them is responsible for extending the rope up to the ground but with a maximum of 30 meters. The sliding animation soldier (one attach with animated tract) works best at shorter distances. For that reason I use 20 meters, but I'll see what I can do.