Rav_Raven

LIFTER for ArmA 3

@janus0104

Just finish work and get home I check.

Thanks for the feedback.

I just try everything and came to the conclusion that the problem is BIS upgrade the day of today.

I can confirm what janus0104 reports.

The physics is erratic for dropped objects when the game is played on a dedicated server. But when we run the same mission running on a hosted server, everything behaves as it should. I tried the same mission with third party mods and without (BIS only) and history repeats itself. Dedicated server is unstable.

Until last night all that perfect and today (including upgrade of 339 Mbytes) everything goes down the drain.

If someone can confirm this I would appreciate (test dedicated server versus hosted server).

If confirmed, hopefully with the next update is fixed.

Have patience...

-About lifting light armored vehicles, LIFTER can. Remember that the ability to do so depends on the comparison between helicopter and cargo volumes.

th_107410_2014-04-14_00001.png th_107410_2014-02-17_00017.png th_107410_2014-02-17_00019.png

-About to move objects around vehicles. I will reveal something that will come later (and perhaps in a separate mod LIFTER) and is creating a mod for staff (human and AI) can manipulate ammo boxes and other small things and a hoist for heavier loads. Scripts are already functional, but as only fight back with no-addons addonmaker am-I have enough work to do. Be patient. Slowly filling the gaps will that leaves the simulator (in this case, the logistics of war).

Edited by RAV_RAVEN

@DirtyDel

Not yet, but the AI scripts to move objects with LIFTER are in development and will arrive in one of the future releases. (sooner than it seems).

@Dr@gon

I am adding a routine to manage the helicopter when not used with WP, but in case there is a clear road map for the mission of the helo, I recommend that the WP where does fastrope place in the field of condition of WP the following:

not (name_helo getVariable "fastRopeOn")

When performing a fast-rope automatically initializes a variable in the helicopter (fastRopeOn). That shoots down the sequence and placed under a false value upon completion. You can monitor the status of that variable to know when the fast-rope is over and you go to the next WP.

Anyway, you can expect to finish making updating and merging, where a mission will include sample showing just using that variable in a WP.

thank you

@RAV_Raven: really like your addon, and i hope to start using this in missions in the future, but ran into a problem while testing earlier today with a couple of friends.

the mod worked like a charm untill we died, after we had died we couldent access anything. ( cam dint work, and we never got the option to drop slings.)

hav e a great day and i'll be hoping for an update :D

also: would be cool if you added a hint or something that tells you when an object is to heavy to attach or something like that xD

Thanks for the feedback .

Yesterday we had inconsistencies with dedicated and released objects ( detach command) server, we hope that with the next update of BIS was resolved ) .

There are currently two visual aids to know that object is selected to be raised (before attach ) and are 1 - the activation en hitch that is at the menu command (eg Hunter Lift or Lift Ammobox , etc) and 2 - a box of dotted lines on the LCD display on the object to be lifted . Furthermore, if the object is in your config, to display an image , the image is displayed on the top right corner of the LCD display . Besides all that , the warning "LIFT " or "NO LIFT" in the lower right corner is shown to be certain whether the object is in a good position to lift .

If little, please , I would like to know some opinion, to better support the uprising.

On deaths on the server , we performed extensive testing to force (normal and JIP ) actions and found no problems, but we will check again. (Best hunter is the prey can escape , haha).

Thanks for the feedback .

I can verify that the lifter options are no longer present after respawn on dedicated server. I had the options in every capable helicopter at mission start but after respawn the options where gone. Looks like BiS strikes again.

Thanks RAV for your diligence in creating and maintaining this mod.

Same here. Nothing after respawn on dedicated. I had this trouble with the Chinook mainly. No Option to deploy sling. When i disconnect from the server and reconnect i get one shot at it. The option appear the first time i am piloting. Land the chopper.. get out... go back in... the option to deploy sling is gone.... :(

I just checked and there are no problems in my dedicated server:

Type : server public

Branch : Development

Version: 1.19.123771

What I did :

- Mission with several helicopters and playable units respawn in base personnel and vehicles.

Official - Addons (men and helicopters ) .

- Unique mods : CBA and LIFTER .

- All helicopters are recognized by LIFTER .

- Helicopters destroyed after respawn, continue to be recognized by LIFTER .

Player - of disconnection and reconnection server in same slot or another, all well with LIFTER .

- Player enters helicopter ( LIFTER ok).

- Players out of helo and reenters ( LIFTER ok).

- Players out of helo and switch to another , ( LIFTER ok).

- Played helo crashes with another vehicle carrying hanging . Helo and reappear and LIFTER ok player.

I can not think what else to do ... I'm in the development branch. someone to check in the " normal" version please.

Disclaimer: The Physical Object released remains erratic , since yesterday dedicated server but works perfectly on hosted server and single player . Today , there was an upgrade of 150 Mbytes , but everything stays the same .... :936:

Edited by RAV_RAVEN

Raven,

I use this mod for a while now and i simply love it.

Only one question.

I can lift a boat and i can extend the ladder. But how do i make the ai go into the boat?

Also marsof is supported. But i cant do anything with the ch47f inside the marsof mod. Is this also supported?

Skunk

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N9005 met Tapatalk

Hello.

If the AI is under your command, simply use the menu command with the selected unit and appear warrant. "get off the boat" if the unit is in the helicopter and "Up the helicopter" if the unit is in the boat.

Currently I have not implemented an option for an AI group that does not have "human" leader can perform the task. I honestly do not think I have much use in a mission, as these capabilities are enjoyable only for "human" players.

As for the CH-47 Marsof, is supported by the mod from v1.04 (I think) and it should work fine. Anyway, I'll check when I get home.

Greetings.

Hi Raven,

Thanks for this mod. In testing I was able to get someone to climb down ladder from MARSOF CH-47 to speedboat minigun. He was not, however, able to climb back up. Is this currently allowed? Is this a planned feature?

Thanks,

Shadow

Hi Raven Thanks for the MOD is great . Im using it in my missions

Hey Raven thank you a lot for this awesome addon, I'm working on a mission for my clan and I made a little video to show them the fast rope part, so I thought to show it to you as a thanks!

Arma 3 Fast Rope - SDC:

Just one little question, as you can see in the video I was looking around to keep the chopper steady and I didn't pay too much attention to the menu taking me a but more to click on the fast rope, so my question is, is it possible to set the action to a custom button?

Thank you again for this addon, hope you like the video.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 10 utilizzando Tapatalk

@Shadow_MSOG

With the current version (v1.04) you can order a AI under his command, to pass from the helicopter to the boat or the boat to the helicopter. You can even order you to lower or raise the ladder.

@ltluis

Thank you. Good to hear.

@Antorugby

Good suggestion. I will include one custom button to expand or cut the rope on v1.05.

I liked the video (the first thing I see people using on a mission capacity fast-rope). I hope that more and can put in the first post as promotion. haha

Raven...can we get this

http://www.militaryaircraft.de/pictures/military/helicopter/UH-60/AP13/FRIES_AP2013_0418_800.jpg (115 kB)

in next update??? hehhe It would be cool to see something like this in arma 3 heeh mybe when pilot drop rope if u scrol on it you will get option attach slot 1,2,3 and guy will be atached on rope :D

mmmm....yes...can be done ... but ... be justified? ... many times .... that would be used under combat conditions?.

Try to convince me with arguments and see. (lol).

Raven...can we get this

http://www.militaryaircraft.de/pictures/military/helicopter/UH-60/AP13/FRIES_AP2013_0418_800.jpg (115 kB)

in next update??? hehhe It would be cool to see something like this in arma 3 heeh mybe when pilot drop rope if u scrol on it you will get option attach slot 1,2,3 and guy will be atached on rope :D

that would look cool nice idea lol

had a problem yesterday with the lifter addon set one of my older missions up with the addon and it did not work can it be that it would interfere with some respawn scripts ?

now it is working again

Edited by ICE_AGE0815

@ICE_AGE0815

There should be no problems with respawn (men or vehicles). It was tested and hosted on dedicated server.

Obviously, I have not used all variants script respawn there. Try to repeat the mission and see if the problem persists to clear doubts ....

Hi. First, Thanks for this great addon. You deserve a medal. Can you add support to choppers in AllinArma? It will be great to fast rope in those Arma 2 helicopters. Cheers

@not_majority

When I gave him a chance to AllinArma had many compatibility issues. I'll put my team of research and testing (Carnemolida: my brother) to start tests on AllinArma and see what turns out.

@rav_raven: found another "bug" when testing with a friend yesterday. regarding the "H-cam" for the pilot it also sends a pip for the co-pilot in for example the mohawk, but if there is a co-pilot the same screen is black. and nothing happens when he presses "H"

also, would be cool if you would add compability with SFP :http//www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20043 not a huge rush since i've heard talk about that they are planning to add their own chinook.

on that matter, do you have any chinook that you recommend over all the other ones?

have a great day.

It's actually not a bug. Some helicopters have 2 displays where rendered images. LIFTER works with one of them. The MH-9 and derivatives use the rendertarget0 defined in your config and the rest of the rendertarget1. In some, I noticed that the image is displayed rotated 90 degrees. So I decided (to release the mod for the first time) to use only one channel rendering, leaving the other idle.

Well observed. No one had noticed yet. Hehe.

As for recommending a Chinook ... everyone has something interesting ... that of Aplion is very maneuverable, has the best vision of Marsof from cabin ... Konyo is preparing his MH-47E made ​​arma3 (his version for ArmA2 is excellent and this will surely also) .... is a difficult decision ....

(Here are 4:00 am ... I fall to sleep ... I'm going to sleep ... until tomorrow).