Rav_Raven

LIFTER for ArmA 3

If I run this server side ONLY will all clients be able to lift and fast rope? Or do all clients need to connect with this mod active in order for it to work? If it's the latter, any chance you could explain to me how I could incorporate your mod into the mission? Thanks for a great mod man!

Any use LIFTER mission (to lift object or fast-rope) mandating the module placed on the map (with F7) as explained in readme.txt included in the module package.

This is because the module contains, in addition to scripts that give you the functionality, visible objects in the action (ropes and slings) that do not come with the original game.

In addition, anyone who connects to played a game that uses LIFTER, you must have installed on your arma3 the mod. LIFTER operations to lift, are client-side and fast-rope are server-side.

LIFTER v1.04 Hotfix in first post!.

Lifter_104_hotfix1.jpg

v1.04 Hotfix

Changelog:

-Fixed errors JIP

-Fixed error definition .rtm (fast-rope)

Enjoy!.

Edited by RAV_RAVEN

Not sure if this was addressed in the hotfix but we had a funny one last night... it picked up base furniture...

Thank you for sending us the updated version :cool:

Update frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

@serjames

Hahaha. I did not know you could build a light track ... (I'll include in the filter class in the next version of LIFTER).

Thanks for the feedback.

I have a bit of a problem with fast-rope.

I put this in my trigger activation:

myHelo SetVariable ["fastRopePos", getpos LZ]; myHelo SetVariable ["fastRopeOn", true];

Helo flies to the insertion point everything is going good but when it unloads all infantry inside it slams the ground killing anyone that is below him and then flies off.

I don;t know if I'am doing anything wrong.

Just wanted to drop in and say thank you for this amazing work, Raven. These features feel extremely well-presented and represent core features that Arma was missing. The fast-roping is outstanding, and I can't thank you enough for making this an actual reality in the game.

Simply said, great work. Looking forward to whatever else you may have planned for the armaverse.

Hello RAV_RAVEN

I test it with 24ppl and it just worked fine JIP things is terminated

But there is a thing to probelm that if i move the chopper a little bit when i deploy fast rope, the character is stuck at the ground, or just teleport back to the chopper

Can't say it's a bug but it could be better if chopper move while rappeling ppl just fell down to ground

@Garbol87

After last man down, the helicopter should be released from his position by the script and if there is no WP to make it move away, LIFTER sends it to a zone located 1000 meters ahead of the current position and the direction it has. Should not do anything other than what I have indicated. It occurs to me that other helicopter test to make sure it's erratic behavior and not something compulsive. So see if you need to change something in the module.

Waiting for your comments ...

@kgino1045

While down by rope is made, if the pilot is AI, the helicopter is frozen in position, but if it is human, monitoring the speed of it and if it is above 5 km / h, the rope off and who was by is returned down into. If someone was to fall, it is left to the will of gravity and speed it has at the moment ...

Think it should be different?. Or freeze the helicopter in the air for human pilots?. That form should be applied?. Let me know your opinion so we can improve the module.

Surely human pilots should have the skill to be able to hold a hover.. if not... they shouldn't be flying lol

Am i talking strange?

I don't bother that if character fell down while fastroping because chopper moving, in fact i like that.

the matter is if you are saying is true then i'd like to say it didn't work

if i fast rope and let the player go down move the chopper 10km/h foward, the player just literally stuck middle of the ground, or just teleport back to the chopper

I'd like to see them drop there face at ground so much but it didn't

@RAV_RAVEN

Yup chcecked it.

Still occuring no matter what tried with waypoint's and what not. Helo slams the ground, get's stuck in 15-10m height and crashes in trees or buildings when it flies off.

I don't use any AI altering mods.

I recorded what is going on:

@Kgino1045

Maybe increase the speed limit to cut ropes to not be as restrictive and review what happens to the soldier who falls to the ground.

@Garbol87

I see what he says. I will modify the script to force the AI pilot to not do crazy.

Thank you all for the feedback.

Attentive to the upgrade...

Any chance you can make the detection area to attach the sling load bigger, it is pretty narrow. Not alot maybe just 1 meter.

And thanks for the great mod!

Has any one experienced duplication of the "Deploy Sling" option, in the action menu?

I was just messing around, and had deployed then dropped the sling multiple times. Suddenly it started to duplicate the action and also the sling object, once i had pressed the duplicate action.

Not a biggy, just thought i'd mention it, in case it isnt a known problem.

@Diesel5187

From v1.03 the diameter detection area changed 3 meters to 7 meters. Sure than 7 meters (3.5 radius from the center) is not enough?. Remember that control is the "geometric center" of the object.

@Shadow.D ^BOB^

I've only experienced LIFTER duplication when running on SP and jumping from one unit to another playable. In that way you play?

@Diesel5187

From v1.03 the diameter detection area changed 3 meters to 7 meters. Sure than 7 meters (3.5 radius from the center) is not enough?. Remember that control is the "geometric center" of the object.

@Shadow.D ^BOB^

I've only experienced LIFTER duplication when running on SP and jumping from one unit to another playable. In that way you play?

My apologies for not stating I was on version 1.03. Thank you, it will surely be more than enough!

@RAV_RAVEN

Yup chcecked it.

Still occuring no matter what tried with waypoint's and what not. Helo slams the ground, get's stuck in 15-10m height and crashes in trees or buildings when it flies off.

I don't use any AI altering mods.

I recorded what is going on:

LOL!! well the same thing happens to me. The last guy off gets body slammed by the Helo before it departs.

Also, I want make a mission where an AI controlled Helo moves to a WayPoint, from the WayPoint the Script is executed "(myHelo SetVariable ["fastRopePos", getpos LZ]; myHelo SetVariable ["fastRopeOn", true];)", the Infantry Fastrope to the ground, then the Helo moves on typically back to an airstrip or hovers around for close air support. The problem is that the helo will not fastrope the Infantry at the designated WP, it will only let them out at the last Helo WP wherever it is. So for example; Helo insertion on the battle field marker names LZ, waypoint with script will deposit the Infantry if that is the last WP. If there is another helo WP that returns the Helo to base the Helo will not let the Infantry out, it continues back to the base then Fastropes the infantry out then lands on top of the last guy out (lol poor bastard).

I tested this with NO other mods just the CBA and the Lifter mod in effect.

Edited by Dr@gon

@Dr@gon

I am adding a routine to manage the helicopter when not used with WP, but in case there is a clear road map for the mission of the helo, I recommend that the WP where does fastrope place in the field of condition of WP the following:

not (name_helo getVariable "fastRopeOn")

When performing a fast-rope automatically initializes a variable in the helicopter (fastRopeOn). That shoots down the sequence and placed under a false value upon completion. You can monitor the status of that variable to know when the fast-rope is over and you go to the next WP.

Anyway, you can expect to finish making updating and merging, where a mission will include sample showing just using that variable in a WP.

Edited by RAV_RAVEN

@Shadow.D ^BOB^

I was just messing in the editir Raven, so yeah SP. I was not unit switching though, just flying the same heli. We've just finished testing the MOD for our dedi server use and had no such problems, or any problems at all.

Brilliant job mate.

PS: Ill give it a go tommorow see if i can get some repro steps, or if it was just a fluke.

@Shadow.D. ^BOB^

Ok. Waiting your feedback.

Greetings

We had a testing run yesterday. Feedback:

- Duplicate entries of "deploy sling" occurred (MP on Dedicated server)

- Vehicles didnt take damage from dropping them, even from ridiculous heights

- It seems the A3 physics don't work too well with vehicles bouncing off the ground. Vehicles were dropped, hit the ground and glitched to a position 100m away and such. It was very... non-deterministic. Vehicles disappeared altogether. We had to transport 5 jeeps so the infantry had 2 jeeps... The rest went to Nirvana... or some alternate dimension out of phase with ours... or who knows.

- Is it intentional that nothing can lift the light armored vehicles (forgive me for not remembering the weird A3 vehicle names... the one that clearly isnt a car yet isnt a tank either)? Is it all weight-based?

- Not your fault, but the whole lifting of boxes is close to useless when you can't move boxes around / into vehicles. This is also a huge problem when attaching stuff, if you have some objects close to another it's impossible to know ahead of time which object the mod decides to attach to the heli.

- You can land with load attached, looking extremely weird. I know it's a hard to fix thing, just saying.

Edited by janus0104