Rav_Raven

LIFTER for ArmA 3

@JamesSaga

There is a way to initialize the corresponding scripts on the server and each player equipment without having to place a module in the editor (though not more efficient than the current method). In addition, we will need the addon is enabled as extender ArmA 3 and in its correct location.

Really Need It? would go back in time, but if you want, I can list the segments of code that must be put in the init.sqf its mission to work.

Hello,

Works perfectly :)

But I have an error at the starting of Arma 3:

No entry: 'config.bin/CfgModels.default'.

After some Trial and error i Narrowed down the culprate. Six.updater made it easy. A3 Blastcore & Blastcore Tracers cause the Error. After taking them out of the 50 plugins i use normaly i dont get the error.

Edited by snakeyez503

@snakeyez503

Thanks for the data. I was going crazy not finding the cause of the problem.

Anyway, hopefully someone else confirm this to be sure. I also use BlastCore and never experienced such problems.

As for the problem reported with ACRE, I could not repeat it because I do not get a version of ACRE for ArmA 3 which is free of errors not defined scripting variables. The most recent I found is 9/2013.

If someone can give me the link to a stable version currently in use, be grateful.

Edited by RAV_RAVEN

Thank you for the reply but I'm afraid what you said is a bit beyond my knowledge level.

As a note I was wanting to use it in single player missions, so if its a massive ask don't worry about it I'm sure I can get it to work. :)

Great Work ! @Raven

It dit not work with reskined Helicopters.

I suspect that it is because the other names of the Helicopters. Right ?

Regards

(ST6)Predator

Knocked it out of the park with this mod! :)

I can confirm the same error as well, but can deal wuth such a minor hiccup for the convenience of logistical support~ :D

Thanks for sharing the great work!

@(ST6)Predator

Indeed, when a modder creates a version with new texture, also change the class name of the addon and LIFTER, that's a different subject.

Send me an PM indicating that helicopters are not recognized and will add in next update.

Greetings.

Can anyone give me some tips on how to pick things up? I've been experimenting with a little bird and a vehicle ammo crate. I can get the "lift" end of the sling to sit anywhere from the middle of the crate (inside it) to right on top of it or any distance above it... and I still can't seem to hook on to it. Thought the ammo crate might be too heavy so I tried a metal barrel too. Still no go. :(

EDIT: Nevermind! I was looking for an "auto" hook to cargo or a hint or something. Got the addaction to come up and it works just fine. Thanks for this! A lot of fun and I think it's making me a better chopper pilot too :D

Edited by Oktyabr

@Oktyabr

lol, remember that actions to lift cargo, are displayed if the right conditions are met.

---------- Post added at 21:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

Remember you can use the camera of a load (H key) and set its mode according to time of day or prevailing climate (shift + H)

Normal mode

th_LCD_normal.jpg

Night mode

th_LCD_nv.jpg

Termal mode

th_LCD_termal.jpg

I just add ...

Out with next update :cool:

Can you add the helicopters/vehicles from the GLT pack? There's reskins for pretty much every helicopter/vehicle in there.

Hey,

thank you very much for this really cool mod :) I loved it in arma 2 so its just awesome to have it in arma 3 :) :)

but i have one question:

Is it normal that you cant lift up stuff like containers and water tanks or the freightcrate?

2014-02-23_00001o3s34.jpg

Would be cool if we can do that too :)

Like here:

090102-m-9161a-005oyszi.jpg ch-53e-super-stallionbasgk.jpg

But thanks anyway love this mod so much :)

@-=Hk=-Cpt.Skay

Included in next update (ETA 3-10 hours)

@Gole

Included in next update (depending on the number of vehicles that may be)

@Sahloknir

LIFTER can lift "almost" any object / vehicle (within the logical limits). Did you put that container in the photo is too large for the UH-80. Try to lift the Canadian CH-47 Mod ...

Remember that a comparison between the volumes of the object and the helicopter is made.

Note: An update that fixes some incompatibilities and problems with other class mods and add some more vehicles (requested by the community) is coming.

Stay tuned.

Remember you can use the camera of a load (H key) and set its mode according to time of day or prevailing climate (shift + H)

Normal mode

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/OFPRaven/LIFTER%20ArmA3/th_LCD_normal.jpg

Night mode

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/OFPRaven/LIFTER%20ArmA3/th_LCD_nv.jpg

Termal mode

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/OFPRaven/LIFTER%20ArmA3/th_LCD_termal.jpg

No, I was using third person so I could watch the animations better :) BUT, speaking of the H-key/camera, on the MH-9 Little Bird it's about useless... it seems to look forward rather than down?

I've also noticed that sometimes even though I've "released" whatever I'm lifting that although the slings fall away the object maintains it's position below the helicopter. I think this happens if the load is too close to the ground (or actually IN the ground a bit?) I think I've noticed that if I pass the load through another object, like the ground, it has trouble releasing later.

That said I still love your addon! It's making me a MUCH better helicopter pilot! :D

Hey,

@Raven yeah I understand but you can't lift up this smaller things too:

2014-02-23_00004bnsvr.jpg

Dont get me wrong or so, i love this mod because it is awesome, just wanted to show you that :) Because i dont know if you can change that? I need to say i havent tested it with the CH 47 Mod so far but i defently will check it out tomorrow :)

Edit:

Aww we defently need the CH 53... :D

060927-m-0000a-011.jpvgs52.png

Edited by Sahloknir

Ok. I understand.

EL mod should lift any object of the "static" class. Let me check and I include it in the upgrade that is coming out.

Right, need the CH-47, CH-53 and MI-26 soon.

New version (v1.01) in first post!.

Lifter_promo2_0.jpg

Enjoy!.

Edited by RAV_RAVEN

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

New update v1.0.1 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@rav_lifter_a3.png