Sign in to follow this  
skydive

SOLVED: "You were banned" erroneous messages

This is a bug I have suffered from for quite some time now. Last night and today I have finally managed to resolve it. I have had numerous players on my public hive DayZ server receive the message box, "You were banned". This is not an admin ban nor is it a BattlEye Global ban.

I had tried everything from full server reloads of the OS and ArmA 2 OA and all of my DayZ files and server files to no avail. I have been running on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 both since they released which looking back now is about the time this problem started popping up. It is sporadic and does not occur that often. Lately the problems seems to have been occurring more more frequently which lead me to try everything from complete reloads to even replacing most all of the server hardware in an attempt to resolve this problem.

None of it had worked until now. This last full reload, I used Windows Server 2008 R2 instead of the 2012 variants. Immediately regular players that were getting the "You were banned" message were now able to connect and play on my server once again.

Dwarden and any other devs, please take note of this! I would not be surprised to find that a similar problem has carried over into ArmA 3. I do run an ArmA 3 server with a mod I have been developing, but the users allowed to connect are white listed to help test and develop so I have not witnessed this problem in the A3 environment yet.

At some point server providers (other than me now) will start to spin up ArmA 2 and ArmA 3 servers running on Windows Server 2012 and the R2 update which will cause this random and unpredictable problem. Somewhere (I don't know where since I don't write software anymore) code needs to be updated to rectify this problem. Please look into it!