Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

Bench press or chest fly?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Sep. 11 2002,23:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If I aint sore at the end of my work out, I was doggin it.<span id='postcolor'>

are you still sore the next day?

Man, i'd be takin breaks if i were you. I just cant do it when i'm still sore.

What you do is you keep at it until you arent sore any more. Eventually it happens. Of course, that means that you have to step it up again sad.gif but no big deal, if you just want to stay in shape, and arent a relentless self improver (or masochist). I do take breaks now and then, but I try to make working out as much a habit as possible, so that I will still do it when I feel like I would rather be sitting on the couch. My only complaint is that I dont have any gym equipment easily accessible. Back when I played football(amerikanski) and baseball I did, but now that Ive stopped playing those, I dont go to the field house and work out anymore.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Sep. 11 2002,22:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well, I suggest you do both, for building up muscle pick resistance that only allows you to do about 10 reps.

(bulking up is mostly unhealthy, but looks good)<span id='postcolor'>

So, your saying OFP:R will actually make my muscles grow!!!! HELL YEAH!!!!!! biggrin.gif This really IS a great product!

res_krabice.jpg

Heh,You could try to put a pull up bar in a doorpost,i have one in the doorway to my room.

I'm going to start doing some more pushups and stuff alongside pullups,since i stopped sports this year,need to stay in shape :]

Um, here's the best solution: Just stop playing games whole the damn time! Go outside, have fun, play football, do some pushups,...

I'd never like it to be like training, fuck man, training sucks, do something you like and you'll stay in shape. And if you do some other stuff too you'll probable get some good muscles.

Oh and go for a natural look, don't push it, there's nothing as disgusting as an Arnold Schwarzeneger (sp?) look....

You have enough information of all the ppl that posted here, now tell us what happened to you? It sounds pretty gross so i'd love to know it in detail! Perhaps some pics too!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Sep. 12 2002,08:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You have enough information of all the ppl that posted here, now tell us what happened to you?  It sounds pretty gross so i'd love to know it in detail!  Perhaps some pics too!<span id='postcolor'>

LOL!! biggrin.gif

Well, i dont have any pics....too incapacitated to get the camera...didnt really want to remember any of that anyway...

And you may not believe it, but i wasnt joking when i said i got it from eating a lot of junk food and animal products. Trust me, i was in SAD shape. I went down to 80 and a half pounds as a 14 year old. I'm back to a healthy 140 now (and counting), but i'm always gonna be pretty slim.

Anyway, i basically replaced water with things like Jolt Cola and Surge. Anything with a ton of caffeine in it. Id have towering bowls of icecream just for a snack, fast food made up the bulk of my diet, id go on candy sprees with friends and just get BAGS of it, i ate tons of cheese, etc. So i started getting these really bad upset stomachs. One led to another and another and another until i realized, "Hey, this is a problem". So i went to a doctor about it, he told me what was wrong, and i changed.

It breaks down like this. Its actually scientifically proven that your blood type requires a certain diet. As it turns out, people with type A blood do considerably better on a vegitarian diet, so i took the next step and went vegan.

I still have a really sensitive system, which i actually really like. I dont want to eat something and then have to play "Murder Mystery" 7 hours later trying to figure out what made me sick, i want to know NOW!

So anyway, there ya go. This is what iv gone through the last 4 years.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ Sep. 12 2002,15:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It breaks down like this. Its actually scientifically proven that your blood type requires a certain diet. As it turns out, people with type A blood do considerably better on a vegitarian diet, so i took the next step and went vegan.<span id='postcolor'>

Man, I wish I know what type of blood I got. As for diet goes, I eat a bit of everything, and I feel ok. Some things do mess me up as of late, like if I eat a bowl of cereal, i'd get the shits, but cheese or ice cream, or even cottage cheese, no problems. Only milk messes me up. And I tried that soy milk stuff, god that stuff is almost undrinkable. Now if I want to eat a bowl of cereal, I'll mix it in with some plain yogurt.

-=Die Alive=-

Hey man, the first thing my doctor told me about how to cope with diggestive issues is Do What Works. So go for it.

Also, what flavor of soymilk did you try? Cause i dont even touch anything but the chocolate stuff.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ Sep. 12 2002,15:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, what flavor of soymilk did you try? Cause i dont even touch anything but the chocolate stuff.<span id='postcolor'>

There's different flavors of soymilk? I think I tried the "milk" flavor one (it was in the same area of the store where the cow milk are kept, maybe i should check that "healthy" part of the store), and it wasn't passable in my books. Funny thing is, I could drink a glass of chocolate cow milk with no problems, but I take a glass of regular cow milk, I get the shits.

I just tried a few weeks ago this soy (i think they're made of soy) hamburger and hotdogs at a BBQ, so when they ran out of the meat burgers and dogs, I tried the vegan ones, and they were really tasty. I was expecting these tasteless, bland, things, but they were very close to the "real" things. I liked the hotdogs better than the bugers, and I'm not a big fan of the meat hot dogs (the term meat in hotdogs are a stretch) but these vegie ones I could eat with no worries what part of the pig/cow/horse it came from.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Sep. 12 2002,16:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but these vegie ones I could eat with no worries what part of the pig/cow/horse it came from.<span id='postcolor'>

Thank god no one knows for sure what they're made of...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Sep. 13 2002,10:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Sep. 12 2002,16:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">but these vegie ones I could eat with no worries what part of the pig/cow/horse it came from.<span id='postcolor'>

Thank god no one knows for sure what they're made of...<span id='postcolor'>

barf.gifRead this wow.gif

-=Die Alive=-

Look what i found smile.gif

Does that look familiar or what.....

ad_redmeat.gif

I'm talking about the guy, not the "all the beef..." thing...

This just in....

IT IS ALRIGHT TO EAT ROADKILL

from www.PETA.org, eating roadkill is healthier for the consumer than meat laden with antibiotics, hormones, and growth stimulants, as most meat is today.

Link to FAQ Also includes a list of vegan friendly beers!

PETA: People eating tasty animals.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Sep. 13 2002,06:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ Sep. 12 2002,15:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, what flavor of soymilk did you try? Cause i dont even touch anything but the chocolate stuff.<span id='postcolor'>

There's different flavors of soymilk?  I think I tried the "milk" flavor one<span id='postcolor'>

lol!! Yeah, the plain stuff is gross. I dont even like that stuff. I go for chocolate ALL the time, and to a lesser extent, when i'm mixing it with something, vanilla. Other than that, i use vanilla rice milk for breakfast.

Try different brands too. Trust me, some master good taste a HELL of a lot better than others. For example, Silk is just about the best stuff around. You should see if you can find some. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Sep. 13 2002,17:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This just in....

IT IS ALRIGHT TO EAT ROADKILL

from www.PETA.org, eating roadkill is healthier for the consumer than meat laden with antibiotics, hormones, and growth stimulants, as most meat is today.

Link to FAQ  Also includes a list of vegan friendly beers!

PETA: People eating tasty animals.

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

heh, i have a old T shirt called "Road Kill Cafe" and on the back has a menu of things like:

Dead Deer Delight

French Poodle on a Stick

Flat Cat Pancakes

Opossum on-a-Plater

HotDogs w/ the hint of burnt rubber

has other things on it but its a old shirt and the print faded away.

Oh, and when you work out, dont just do it for like a year and then stop.  My bench press dropped by like 30 or so pounds just over the summer cause I didnt lift outside the schoolyear sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aaron Kane @ Sep. 13 2002,18:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh, and when you work out, dont just do it for like a year and then stop.  My bench press dropped by like 30 or so pounds just over the summer cause I didnt lift outside the schoolyear sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, totally. If i can help it, i dont stop for more than a day at a time. And when i have to for longer, i try and keep it up with pushups.

You do need to rest the muscles. That's when you build them up, not during the workout. Basically lifting weights causes micro tears in the muscle fiber. The body reacts to this by rebuilding the tissue, and more for the precieved increase in work the muscle has to do. This takes time. When I lift I rest each bodypart 4 days before I lift again. I find this works quite well for me. Most important is to listen to your body.

COLINMAN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ Sep. 13 2002,22:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Most important is to listen to your body.<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly, I used to be able to take 3-4 hour "workouts" 6 of 7 days a week when I was younger, now if i want to do the same (which I can't by any chance!wink.gif it takes me 3 days to recover fully. You ca npush yourself alot more then people tell you, but there is a limit to how fast you will recover.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ Sep. 13 2002,19:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You do need to rest the muscles. That's when you build them up, not during the workout. Basically lifting weights causes micro tears in the muscle fiber. The body reacts to this by rebuilding the tissue, and more for the precieved increase in work the muscle has to do. This takes time. When I lift I rest each bodypart 4 days before I lift again. I find this works quite well for me. Most important is to listen to your body.<span id='postcolor'>

Somebody say Amen! biggrin.gif (been watching too much christian television.....you know, for comic relief)

yea, your not suposed to lift weights every day, they build up while theyre resting, like dayglow said. I work out about 2-3 times a week after football, this mainly consists of bench, squat, and clings. then i do things like pushups, situps, and pullups every day, ive found that its better to do these everyday, at least for me. But id do whats best for you, everyone is different.