batto

Ukraine General

About the smoking-gun evidence:

@Maybe I missed a part of the video, but anyone of you did spot and identify the Russian Army except equipment ?

Isn't it another (valid) "Russian army exclusive equipment => involvment of Russia"?

Isn't it another (valid) "Russian army exclusive equipment => involvment of Russia"?

no i think this is part of PRIZRAK unit near Shirokyno there is presented 3 T-72B on the video and MT-12 also same coordinates not showing similar terrain

Edited by SRBKnight

What here is "Russian army exclusive"? Even if it was, it doesn't prove that they are operated by the Russian army.

Russia ranked first in the world in the number of appeals to her requests for asylum. This follows from the report of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, published in the Thursday, June 18 source

Ukrainians seeking refuge in the country "aggressor" face_palm.gif

A6ZczgAh.jpg

Russia ranked first in the world in the number of appeals to her requests for asylum. This follows from the report of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, published in the Thursday, June 18 source

Ukrainians seeking refuge in the country "aggressor" http://forums.bistudio.com/images/smilies/face_palm.gif

http://i.imgur.com/A6ZczgAh.jpg

Can someone answer this ???

---------- Post added at 10:59 ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 ----------

Russia stops gas supply to Ukraine amid price dispute

MOSCOW - Russian gas company Gazprom halted supplies to neighbouring Ukraine on Wednesday after the collapse of pricing talks, company official said.

Gazprom CEO Alexei Miller said that Russia halted the supply at 10 a.m. (0700 GMT, 3 a.m. EDT) because Ukraine didn't make an advance payment for July's delivery.

"Gazprom is not going to send gas to Ukraine at any price without the advance payment," Miller said in comments carried by Russian news agencies.

Cash-strapped Ukraine struggles to keep Russia gas supplies coming

Russian and Ukrainian energy ministers on Tuesday failed to reach an agreement on future supplies. Russia offered Ukraine a price of $247 per cubic meter, a $40 discount. Ukraine wanted a $100 discount.

Russian Energy Minister Alexander Novak insisted that the discount that Ukraine is asking for is "unjustified" and would put the cost of supplying Ukraine below the market rate.

source:http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/russia-stops-gas-supply-to-ukraine-amid-price-dispute-1.2448722

Edited by SRBKnight

Russia ranked first in the world in the number of appeals to her requests for asylum. This follows from the report of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, published in the Thursday, June 18 source[/url]

I read the UNHCR source that you provided and it states that Turkey is both the country that receives more UNHCR applications and the one that has more refugees in the World (about a million and a half).

Check table 3 in page 29. Russia is not even in the top 10 of countries that receive more applications in UNHCR offices.

BTW the Ukrainians that remain in Ukraine are not counted, so you don't know what is the difference. You neither know if the ones that ask Asylum in Russia are from Ukraine.

Edited by MistyRonin

I read the UNHCR source that you provided and it states that Turkey is both the country that receives more applications and the one that has more refugees in the World (about a million and a half).

Check table 3 in page 29. Russia is not even in the top 10 of countries that receive more applications.

BTW the Ukrainians that remain in Ukraine are not counted, so you don't know what is the difference. You neither know if the ones that ask Asylum in Russia are from Ukraine.

Yes Turkey has constantly increase from Syria and middle east requests for asylum but Russia had 2014 record of 643.000 people and in this year 89.000 people (FROM UKRAINE) !

Yes Turkey has constantly increase from Syria and middle east requests for asylum but Russia had 2014 record of 643.000 people and in this year 89.000 people (FROM UKRAINE) !

Not according to the UNHCR offices data.

Not according to the UNHCR offices data.

UNHCR is not presented near Russian-Ukraine border ! only OSCE !

Ukraine has Europe's third-largest shale gas reserves

There are two potentially large shale gas fields. The Yuzivska gas field located in Donetsk Oblast (province) and Kharkiv Oblast; and the Olesska field in Lviv Oblast and Ivano-Frankivsk Oblast.

Ukraine signed a shale gas 50-year production sharing agreement with Royal Dutch Shell on 25 January 2013 involving the Yuzivska gas field.

The $10 billion deal was the largest foreign direct investment ever for Ukraine

Another company, certified for development of deposits in the Dnepropetrovsk-Donetsk area is Ukraine’s Burisma, where recently son of the U.S. Vice President Joe Biden became a member of the board of directors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_gas_in_Ukraine

Yatseniuk: Ukraine must have 100% of its own gas production in ten years

Prime Minister of Ukraine Arseniy Yatseniuk has said that Ukraine should switch to exclusively domestic natural gas extraction by 2025.

"We have a common task: in ten years Ukraine must completely, by 100%, to meet its own natural gas needs", he said in the program "Ten Minutes with Prime Minister" broadcast on Sunday.

According to him, Ukraine has several targets: to become energy independent country, to increase production of Ukrainian gas so that to finally get rid of the "gas needle" of the Russian Federation, to reduce energy resources consumption and to make the state's economy energy efficient and competitive.

http://en.interfax.com.ua/news/economic/274867.html

Edited by oxmox

Ukraine has Europe's third-largest shale gas reserves

There are two potentially large shale gas fields. The Yuzivska gas field located in Donetsk Oblast (province) and Kharkiv Oblast; and the Olesska field in Lviv Oblast and Ivano-Frankivsk Oblast.

Ukraine signed a shale gas 50-year production sharing agreement with Royal Dutch Shell on 25 January 2013 involving the Yuzivska gas field.

The $10 billion deal was the largest foreign direct investment ever for Ukraine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_gas_in_Ukraine

Yatseniuk: Ukraine must have 100% of its own gas production in ten years

Prime Minister of Ukraine Arseniy Yatseniuk has said that Ukraine should switch to exclusively domestic natural gas extraction by 2025.

"We have a common task: in ten years Ukraine must completely, by 100%, to meet its own natural gas needs", he said in the program "Ten Minutes with Prime Minister" broadcast on Sunday.

According to him, Ukraine has several targets: to become energy independent country, to increase production of Ukrainian gas so that to finally get rid of the "gas needle" of the Russian Federation, to reduce energy resources consumption and to make the state's economy energy efficient and competitive.

http://en.interfax.com.ua/news/economic/274867.html

it's too expensive but it's good to try !

The biggest companies - there were more than just Shell i.e. Chevron and so on - pulled out, due to the military conflict.

The East-Ukraine is not only a strong industrial area but has also natural ressources besides coal in form of Gas.

policja_Ukraina1.jpg

policja_Ukraina2.jpg

Ukraine tries to get rid of post-soviet style among uniformed formations and adopts new type of police uniform that are based on the US municipal police uniforms. Designed and produced by renowned American company "5.11" specializing in police gear. Officers wearing new uniforms will first appear in Kiev by the next week.

Policing with style :)

http://kresy24.pl/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/policja_Ukraina1.jpg

http://kresy24.pl/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/policja_Ukraina2.jpg

Ukraine tries to get rid of post-soviet style among uniformed formations and adopts new type of police uniform that are based on the US municipal police uniforms. Designed and produced by renowned American company "5.11" specializing in police gear. Officers wearing new uniforms will first appear in Kiev by the next week.

Policing with style :)

They certainly look good :)

Good that they didn't let Hugo Boss design new uniforms, that would have send the wrong message ;)

Good that they didn't let Hugo Boss design new uniforms, that would have send the wrong message ;)
Nothing wrong with "Leo Köhler" ;)

Uhm... That would have been ssuper... I mean funny. :)

Seems that Russia has a lot to hide, and unfortunately has veto vote in the UN-SC.

(The Guardian) Dutch propose international tribunal to prosecute suspects in MH17 atrocity

(The Guardian) Russia rejects calls for UN tribunal to prosecute MH17 suspects

A senior Russian official has rejected calls for the establishment of a UN tribunal to try those responsible for the downing of Malaysia Airlines flight MH17 in eastern Ukraine last year.

Deputy foreign minister Gennady Gatilov was quoted by Russian news agencies as saying: “We are against it. We think it is not timely and counterproductive.â€

(South China Morning Post) Malaysia wants tribunal to prosecute those responsible for shooting down Malaysia Airlines plane over Ukraine

Malaysia told the UN Security Council it plans to submit a resolution soon that would establish an international tribunal to prosecute those responsible for shooting down a Malaysia Airlines plane over Ukraine last year.

Diplomats said Malaysia’s UN Ambassador Ramlan Bin Ibrahim informed council members that the resolution is being prepared by the five countries investigating the crash and will be under Chapter 7 of the UN Charter, which can be enforced militarily.

(India Times) Malaysia seeks UNSC resolution to find who downed flight MH17 over Ukraine which killed 298

5.11 ? they couldn't order local production ?

there are no more expensive clothes than 5.11, i own few shirts, of course best quality but the most expensive shirts ever

it sounds horrible if 46 milion people country import uniforms from USA, they have their industry,

i simply cannot understand contract with most expensive mil-clothes company in the world (their shirt costs 3-4 times more than our shirt)

and it is taken from abroad of Ukraine , which for 100% have their clothing, uniform industry, without need to buy police uniforms from USA , insane

Probably this stuff will be made on license in Ukraine, nothing bad in letting others in designing a uniform. See how ugly are current Polish police uniforms that look like a blue paramedics suit designed by a high school student (totally budget).

I'm sure Ukrainians were aware of the fact the direct imports from the USA will be damn expensive for country in deep crisis.

design is one thing, but i hope they will not produce it , cause if they would it would be really shocking,

our uniforms here are produced in local sewing plants, so they are sewn here and people have job, similar gore-tex-like membrane jackets for police and army are sewn here ,

but import would be almost crime, cause each nation , especially poor , should care about local jobs, local employer, local place to bring national income

design is one thing, but i hope they will not produce it , cause if they would it would be really shocking

Did you mean that producing these uniforms locally in UA would be bad? Maybe the quality will be little worse but at least people in industry will have plenty of work.

design is one thing, but i hope they will not produce it , cause if they would it would be really shocking,

our uniforms here are produced in local sewing plants, so they are sewn here and people have job, similar gore-tex-like membrane jackets for police and army are sewn here ,

but import would be almost crime, cause each nation , especially poor , should care about local jobs, local employer, local place to bring national income

Russia is in 2013 for FSB imported 8.000 uniforms from US 3.500 MICH 2000 helmets, 3.500 IR's and 1.500 Spec-Ops helmets

i thought it was an american soldier but lol

2cxukb4.jpg

o6i3pu.jpg

2duh1jr.jpg

Edited by SRBKnight

5.11 ? they couldn't order local production ?

there are no more expensive clothes than 5.11, i own few shirts, of course best quality but the most expensive shirts ever

it sounds horrible if 46 milion people country import uniforms from USA, they have their industry,

i simply cannot understand contract with most expensive mil-clothes company in the world (their shirt costs 3-4 times more than our shirt)

and it is taken from abroad of Ukraine , which for 100% have their clothing, uniform industry, without need to buy police uniforms from USA , insane

And who do you think profits in this situation? Foreign "investors" off course as well as local shits which made a deal with 5.11. (I own 5.11 pants and they were 80 bucks, little too much if you ask me)

5.11 are alergic-proof, i can wear them cause they do not cause over sweat (i have alergic problems with non-cotton wear) and from synthetic products i mostly wear only 5.11 so i have shirts for 90 USD and for me they are worthy, problem is that it is hard to allow 6 such shirts when you live in country where people earn 500 Euro , or Ukraine where people earn 200-300 Euro

5.11 products are superb, but buying abroad is unforgivable when it comes to such economy like Ukraine now is

also 5.11 do not export some colors of taclite pro shirts outside usa :/ white, charocal colors aren't to be bought in Eu :/ only black, navy , green , coyote and khaki,

Edited by vilas