batto

Ukraine General

(Vice News) Eastern Ukraine Rebel Leader Pavel Gubarev Is Unconscious After Attack

Welcome to the Ukrainian far west :

Rumors of political infighting and rivalries are rife in the lawless rebel-held territory as self-styled politicians with guns jostle for power in the build-up to an election scheduled for early November.

Thought this was interesting: Ukrainian rebel gives interview while bombs fly(gif)

Link to video:

There are a few little things I noticed about the video.

I'm not quite sure what kind of accent he has or if thats just the way he talks, the comments on the video say he is a russian citizen from georgia, but anyway, they are saying "Don't believe Ukrainian media, we are holding the airport 100%", even though the airport is under Ukrainian control and was never lost to 100% after it was retaken earlier this year. Also they are always repeating the airport is 100% theirs, they just have to clear out the rest out of the tunnels, but that is a contradiction in a one sentence.

Here is the Ukrainian "cyborgs" eating cake 5 days after that video came out.

10620517_1503351973266948_1123096673726262464_n.jpg?w=640&h=480

Now there's a guy who doesn't give a damn anymore.

War does that to you....

Now imagine the Ukrainians on that airport, they are beeing shelled day and night. I bet those guys can even sleep while grenades explode above them.

It´s funny how the press guys are almost shitting their pants (hear their breathing after the barrage) while that dude stays super cool.

Edited by Tonci87

(BBC News) Ukraine far right battles police at parliament in Kiev

Violence erupted when the protesters demanded that MPs pass a law to recognise a World War Two nationalist group which opposed Soviet forces. Fifteen policemen were injured and at least 50 protesters had been arrested, the Ukrainian interior ministry said.

Special Report: Flaws found in Ukraine´s probe of Maidan Massacre

A Reuters examination of Ukraine's probes into the Maidan shootings - based on interviews with prosecutors, defence attorneys, protesters, police officers and legal experts – has uncovered serious flaws in the case against Sadovnyk and the other two Berkut officers.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/10/us-ukraine-killings-probe-special-report-idUSKCN0HZ0UH20141010

Kerry: separatist referendums in Ukraine won't be recognized

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said on Tuesday that neither the United States nor the international community would recognize any separatist referendums in eastern Ukraine..

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/14/us-ukraine-crisis-kerry-idUSKCN0I32BT20141014

Ukraine's Oligarchs: A Who's Who Guide

as Ukraine finds itself center stage in a geopolitical tug-of-war between East and West, its elite class are facing the toughest challenge of their careers as they attempt to navigate the crisis with all their assets intact.

Our who's-who guide to Ukraine's oligarchs brings you the down low on who's setting up a private army, who's doing double-cross backroom deals, and who looks set to go from hero to zero.

Part I:

https://news.vice.com/article/ukraines-oligarchs-a-whos-who-guide

(The Guardian) Vladimir Putin warns over rise of neo-Nazism before Serbia visit

“Today, our common goal is to counter the glorification of Nazism, firmly counter attempts to revise the results of world war II and consequently fight any forms and manifestations of racism, xenophobia, aggressive nationalism and chauvinism.â€

Russians getting territorial.

Balkanist - On Pride and Putin Parades (It probably belongs more into the European Politics thread, but I just read there, so someone can repost if he wants)

Basically Putin is coming to Belgrad for the 70 years liberation parade and hes kinda the big star. It is the first parade real parade since 29 years and it was moved 4 days earlier, despite the historical date , in favour of Putin so he could come.

They are also selling a huge amount of Putin t shirts and have russian flags everywhere.

8199127a09.jpg

Russians getting territorial.

I wanted to post that video at first as well, but the guy who got hit in the leg bleeds and as far as my understanding goes this counts as real violence and is forbidden on the forum... So yeah, you may want to be careful.

Also the group that is inside the house has this very pronounced "r" and I'm still not quite sure what kind of accent it is, since I have heard it from chechens but also in moscow. They do kinda look chechen with their beards though. So if someone happens to know his way around accents, please let me know.

The other group has a very slight ukrainian accent, but thats how russians from western regions usually speak as well.

I'm on the side of the Chechens btw, because I really hate it when you tell people to gtfo and they do the exact opposite. Thats without knowing the back story of course..

Balkanist - On Pride and Putin Parades (It probably belongs more into the European Politics thread, but I just read there, so someone can repost if he wants)

Basically Putin is coming to Belgrad for the 70 years liberation parade and hes kinda the big star. It is the first parade real parade since 29 years and it was moved 4 days earlier, despite the historical date , in favour of Putin so he could come.

They are also selling a huge amount of Putin t shirts and have russian flags everywhere.

http://puu.sh/cem14/8199127a09.jpg

Don't know if you're aware that my opinions are considered very moderate in Serbia. That is to all those who did not believe in the political orientation of people in Serbia.

Don't know if you're aware that my opinions are considered very moderate in Serbia. That is to all those who did not believe in the political orientation of people in Serbia.

Well, all Serbians (both inside and outside of Serbia) I know are way more moderate than you.....

I've seen an RT video this morning where they made fun of the USA because of ebola and now there are two ebola patients in russia. Instant Karma?

Well, ok, its suspected that its ebola, but yeah.

The other group has a very slight ukrainian accent, but thats how russians from western regions usually speak as well.

The other group is the 'Batman Rapid Response Group (ГБР БÑтмена)' from Russia.

The other group is the 'Batman Rapid Response Group (ГБР БÑтмена)' from Russia.

So my guess was kinda right, but tell me, how do you always do that? I don't believe in magic, yet I don't have another explaination on how you always know every location and seemingly every detail.

http://youtu.be/xs8HXjb_KEY

Some general russian weirdness. Apparently this fsb lady has been acting as a provocateur during the recent protests and is kinda married to the crazy russian nazi puppy killer dude now.

They don't all really look alike to me, but what do I know...

Edited by beastcat

Well, all Serbians (both inside and outside of Serbia) I know are way more moderate than you.....

Then you don't know nothing about Serbian public opinion.

Then you don't know nothing about Serbian public opinion.

Well in that case I feel kind of sorry for the Serbian public....

Well in that case I feel kind of sorry for the Serbian public....

As do I (for a couple of reasons, mainly not being able to think for them selves). My point was simply that there is much more pro Russian orientation in Serbia than there is pro EU, just goes to show that you can't trust almost any statistics unless you come and talk to people. By the way, you shouldn't say that like it's just a Serbian problem. Croatia isn't much better ether (the difference being the political orientation), same with Ukraine. People are generally dumb and super nationalistic.

I immediately knew what was going to happen when I saw sticks in their hands. IMHO those guys are not better than those crazy Sharia Law fanatics in the middle east.

(BBC) Putin-EU talks 'positive but hard'

Correspondents say that while there was no sign of breakthrough, the main thing was to create trust between the sides.
Mr Putin told reporters as he left the meeting that the talks were "good" and "positive", but his spokesman later described them as being "full of misunderstandings".

"Unfortunately, some participants of [the Milan] breakfast demonstrated complete unwillingness to understand the reality in south-eastern Ukraine," Dmitry Peskov said, quoted by Russian media.

(BBC) Is the oil crash a secret US war on Russia?

(The Interpreter) Who Are Ukraine’s “Darth Vaders?†The Masks Are Off

So my guess was kinda right, but tell me, how do you always do that? I don't believe in magic, yet I don't have another explaination on how you always know every location and seemingly every detail.
No mystery, all the info comes from social media.