batto

Ukraine General

Some boxes on a trailer? Oh that truly horrible!

Did I say it was horrible? We posted the contents of the previous ones as well, now I'm doing it for the new ones.

Also this time its only 200 trucks for 2000 tons.

Edited by beastcat

Ah... SpookyLynx, a fellow "patriot" from Saratov. I was sure that being able to read in English and access foreign news sources effectively cures that mental desease, caused by official TV propaganda. Looks like it doesn't :(

(Vice News) Russian Roulette Dispatch 79 :

Already posted, delete me please.

Edited by ProfTournesol

Ah... SpookyLynx, a fellow "patriot" from Saratov. I was sure that being able to read in English and access foreign news sources effectively cures that mental desease, caused by official TV propaganda. Looks like it doesn't :(

And of course the first reasonable russian who comes here gets flagged by the other ones for no reason.

What I'd like to say isn't exactly about Ukraine but it's closely related. Because of the official propaganda and the absence of independent mass media the country has gone absolutely mad. Arguing with those who have been affected by the propaganda is almost impossible. Watching TV news almost literally damages your brain by the amounts of the aggression and hate. And people just cannot resist. They are mostly poorly educated, have not developed a habit of analyzing the incoming information, had a very low quality of life for the last decades. So yes, they are easy targets for the propaganda. They readily hate those who they have been told to hate. This time they have been told to hate Ukraine, Europe and USA. There is one thing though. They hate but they don't want do die. That's why the officials do not acknowledge that Russian army is involved in the conflict. These lies are targeted at their own people, not EU or USA (they know the truth). So yes, it would sound unbelievable but 90% of Russians are absolutely sure that Russia is not an aggressor and Russian army is not fighting in Ukraine.

To those who know history, the resemblance with pre-WW2 Germany is frightening.

P.S. Source? I live here...

What I'd like to say isn't exactly about Ukraine but it's closely related. Because of the official propaganda and the absence of independent mass media the country has gone absolutely mad. Arguing with those who have been affected by the propaganda is almost impossible. Watching TV news almost literally damages your brain by the amounts of the aggression and hate. And people just cannot resist. They are mostly poorly educated, have not developed a habit of analyzing the incoming information, had a very low quality of life for the last decades. So yes, they are easy targets for the propaganda. They readily hate those who they have been told to hate. This time they have been told to hate Ukraine, Europe and USA. There is one thing though. They hate but they don't want do die. That's why the officials do not acknowledge that Russian army is involved in the conflict. These lies are targeted at their own people, not EU or USA (they know the truth). So yes, it would sound unbelievable but 90% of Russians are absolutely sure that Russia is not an aggressor and Russian army is not fighting in Ukraine.

You are like the Russians I know here in Germany. They are shocked how brainwashed their families and friends back in Russia are....

helo :) probably one Russian that votes for people like Yabloko ;)

you know, i have someone from my family watching Russian media in cable tv and i suspect there are really some subliminal messages, why ? cause i know person who (of course is Russian) lives in Poland since 60s, watches Russian tv since few years when she got cable tv and she became so hateful toward countrymen she lives, that person from my family changed very very much, like you say, she doesn't need other media, she says that "everyone lies except Kremlin" , last time she told that "they said that 50% of Americans are psychopats" and such things, all those "yeee weapons of mass destruction in Iraq" messages and etc.

this person from my family, whom i knew for very passive and silent person, in last years became agressive, spreading propaganda person,

i wonder if it is subliminal in tv or what, but things you observe in your country, i observe on one aunt, now my ount spends ca 10-12 hours daily by TV watching Planeta RTR and other Russian chanel in our cable tv(she is retired) and only curse everyone and praise Putin, no joke, she conflicted with everyone in family cause she starts arguments just like that, she became walking hate "you all are stupid" "Ukranians are worst fascists" and etc.

Edited by vilas

You are like the Russians I know here in Germany. They are shocked how brainwashed their families and friends back in Russia are....

Young people yes, but almost all of the old russians I know, who sit in front of the TV all day (For many many years now) just curse at Ukraine, the USA, the EU while living on the "nazi" tax payers money. And some other russians (Who know I'm from Ukraine) ask me questions like "Is it true that they crucify children in Ukraine?" or "Is it true that they publicly execute prisoners in Ukraine?" ("they" being the army) or "Is it true that most of the soldiers deserted to the separatists?" and stuff like that.

Young people yes, but almost all of the old russians I know, who sit in front of the TV all day (For many many years now) just curse at Ukraine, the USA, the EU while living on the "nazi" tax payers money. And some other russians (Who know I'm from Ukraine) ask me questions like "Is it true that they crucify children in Ukraine?" or "Is it true that they publicly execute prisoners in Ukraine?" ("they" being the army) or "Is it true that most of the soldiers deserted to the separatists?" and stuff like that.

There probably is propaganda in Russian media, but what I find funny is that people think that this is not the case with US and EU (especially US).

The one thing that disturbs me the most is that this madness won't end any soon. Looks like it's only going to get worse.

There probably is propaganda in Russian media, but what I find funny is that people think that this is not the case with US and EU (especially US).

There certainly is a bit of propaganda everywhere, but media in the US and the EU is faaar faaar faaaaaaaar away from russian media.

Here, I will leave you with this, you may find it interesting:

Freedom of Press Index

(Fun fact: I found it because Russia Today went "Hurr, America is only on place 46, look at how bad they are")

Edited by beastcat

@aleksadragutin: Man, I don't think you know what you are talking about. There is a huge difference between a bias and a propaganda. Of course every person has a bias, and that includes those who write news articles and make news videos in EU and USA. But what we have in mass media in Russia is... terrible. I didn't exaggerate when I said it damages your brain. It does. It is intentional lies, created to build up hate towards the enemy and close the ranks around Putin The Great.

There certainly is a bit of propaganda everywhere, but media in the US and the EU is faaar faaar faaaaaaaar away from russian media.

Here, I will leave you with this, you may find it interesting:

Freedom of Press Index

(Fun fact: I found it because Russia Today went "Hurr, America is only on place 46, look at how bad they are")

It is not that faaaaar away, it is just more subtle.

It is not that faaaaar away, it is just more subtle.

*cough* Freedom of Press Index *cough*

Can you imagine someone getting arrested in the USA for critizising the government? All mainstream media is constantly critizising the government and you know why? Because they can.

Also in the US and basically everywhere around the world you have mainstream TV channels that are not controled by the government so you get multiple opinions on the same subject. In RUssai all the big media is controled by the Kremlin....

@alarm Make that an addon and I´m sold.

*cough* Freedom of Press Index *cough*

Can you imagine someone getting arrested in the USA for critizising the government? All mainstream media is constantly critizising the government and you know why? Because they can.

It is not just being able to criticize the government, it's what's being served to people on more important topic. Example is that everyone thought Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. Turned out that was a lie.

Turned out that was a lie.

- no Russian troops on Crimea,

- noone will anect Crimea...

just please rewind topic half year back

- no Russian troops on Crimea,

- noone will anect Crimea...

just please rewind topic half year back

"There probably is propaganda in Russian media, but what I find funny is that people think that this is not the case with US and EU (especially US)."

As I happened to mention.

It is not just being able to criticize the government, it's what's being served to people on more important topic. Example is that everyone thought Saddam had weapons of mass destruction. Turned out that was a lie.

That's not true. You should re read French, German or even British press of that time, lot's of newspapers or TV channels did doubt about the truth of what was said by the Bush administration.

the same for example with corruption - Polish press writes about corruption in government and administration,

is Russian media write the same or "everything is super, Putin The Great" ?

the same for example with corruption - Polish press writes about corruption in government and administration,

is Russian media write the same or "everything is super, Putin The Great" ?

Of course there's Russian media reporting about problems, same as there are western (again, especially US) media spreading propaganda (willingly or not). You can't say "they're full of crap, we're amazing".

i gave example of my aunt who watch Planeta RT 10-12 hours a day 2 pages ago, there is no single word of criticizm against government there, there is only propaganda how great Putin is, how evil Ukrainians are and some sketches and some consumer programs about how bad and poisoning is western food , yesterday for 2 hours there was Zhyrinovski there, their media looks like our media before 1989