batto

Ukraine General

Promising them a safe corridor to withdraw and then ambushing them is really low....

Shows what kind of people the rebels are.

Edited by Tonci87

You can always use Google translate, and if you don't trust that system learn the Cyrillic Alphabet ( which is not excessively difficult, I did in a week ) and with a Russian dictionary you can get the general idea.

But the sources from those reports doesn't seem much faithful.

On the other hand, the Ukrainian Army has indeed suffered heavy loses for what it should be a counter-insurgency operation ( that is not, you just have to check that the pro-Russians magically have created out of the blue an army with better equipment than a lot of countries in Europe... ).

But according to the data from your link, the numbers are close to the main WW2 battles, which is practically non-sense. As it would mean that the Ukrainian Army has been wiped out. If it's so... from where are the vehicles from the independence parade a couple weeks ago?

That would only make sense if there was a full fledged invasion of Ukraine by Russia or the US, and that hasn't happened ( yet ).

Ah..common.

In the "main" battles in ww2 some hundred thousands did die i.e. battle of moscow, battle of Stalingrad, battle of berlin,

We have people here in the forum which know Cylliric as their motherlanguage, if the links are really important they will contribute maybe.

I do not even know what numbers are you talking about. Actually they mix in missed/deserted soldiers into their numbers, for example I did post many pages ago a video with the content about "83 people did come back from 4000"...nobody knew at this date if they are missed/deserted or if they just did not report back.

But Iam not really that interested to invest time to research more of the ressources/referings....if others want to do it, go ahead.

Edited by oxmox

TV reports about "casualties" (is this the ukrainian TV ? )

The casualties are reported for the time between 1st August - 5th September - thats a little bit more than a month.

4363 dead and wounded

245 tanks

853 armored vehicles

509 mortars

14 aircrafts

10 drones and a lot of other military equippment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXU8tnOyO28

:j: I mean, I get that you don't read Cyrillic, but the Rossiya 24 hours in the upper corner it's pretty obvious...

Channel that is known to be one of the worst Kremlin propaganda sources with RT ( would be something like FOX in the US ).

( P in capital means "R" in capital in Russian; O is "O", C is "S", the inverted N is something similar to "I" and the inverted R is "YA"; so ROSSIYA = RUSSIA ).

If you want "proper" Kremlin funded information, check RIA Novosti.

EDIT: I forgot to say that this channel is forbidden in Ukraine.

Edited by MistyRonin
Adding EDIT

:j: I mean, I get that you don't read Cyrillic, but the Rossiya 24 hours in the upper corner it's pretty obvious...

Channel that is known to be one of the worst Kremlin propaganda sources with RT ( would be something like FOX in the US ).

( P in capital means "R" in capital in Russian; O is "O", C is "S", the inverted N is something similar to "I" and the inverted R is "YA"; so ROSSIYA = RUSSIA ).

If you want "proper" Kremlin funded information, check RIA Novosti.

EDIT: I forgot to say that this channel is forbidden in Ukraine.

Thank you for your confirmation that this TV channel is not from the Ukraine. Maybe I would have not posted it if I knew about it before.

The first victim in a war/conflict is the "truth".

Someone should not only be careful with what Russia or the Ukraine says, we should also be careful about what the west is saying in the media.

gn8 :cheers:

Edited by oxmox

Thank you for your confirmation that this TV channel is not from the Ukraine. Maybe I would have not posted it if I knew about it before.

I really encourage you at least to learn the Cyrillic alphabet, it's worth it, and it will only take you a few days. Besides that the Russian language is IMO really nice and culturally rich.

You'll see that knowing it you may be able to understand a good amount of words ( some are even exactly as in English, like flag = Флаг, Ф = F, л = L, а = A ( can also be pronounce close to o ), г = G ).

- - -

BTW I recommend everyone to watch today's Vice News report, called: Aftermath of Ambush on Ukrainian Forces: Russian Roulette (Dispatch 75)

I'm not gonna link it nor add it here, as it contains a few "gore" scenes at the end.

Report from Friday night and Saturday in Mariupol.

It can be seen against who were the Grad rockets shoot at during the ceasefire.

here is the video of the Ilovaysk battalion and it's fate filmed by german TV team

Vice News Dispatch 75 is interesting to watch, notably when the Vice News reporter said he saw soldiers equiped in a totally different manner than the standard rebels, but he couldn't film, he also said that the rebels were abviously trying to hide this. Besides, the very precise shelling against retreating Ukrainian troops, with so many destroyed vehicles and casualties is obviously not done by volunteers and rebels.

The casualties are reported for the time between 1st August - 5th September - thats a little bit more than a month.

4363 dead and wounded

245 tanks

853 armored vehicles

509 mortars

14 aircrafts

10 drones and a lot of other military equippment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXU8tnOyO28

Interesting how they say they destroyed almost two times the amount of Grads that exist in the entire country, more than a third of all tanks and almost half of all armored vehicles.

On wikipedia it says that the separatists destroyed up to 20 Bulat tanks.

Wikipedia also says that up to 959 ukrainian soldiers have been killed, 3000+ wounded and 1880 captured.

As for the separatists, 1017 militants and 200 russian soldiers have been killed and up to 450 russian soldiers have been wounded.

Oh and here is something interesting I didn't know about:

Russian defectors to Ukraine

On 19 July Ilya Bogdanov, a former Russian FSB lieutnant in Vladivostok, defected to Ukraine claiming that he couldn't longer stand the lies used by Russia to stimulate the situation in Eastern Ukraine and Dagestan, where he served earlier.[449] On 24 July Russian army serviceman Andrej Balabanov asked for political asylum in Ukraine stating "I finally took a decision not to take part in this war and sided with Ukraine. This is my protest against Russia's political leaders".[450] Balabanov claimed his unit had sent "military intelligence, GRU, experts and Chechens" into Ukraine to help the separatists.[450] He went on to claim his unit had been "continuously brainwashed into believing they would be sent to Ukraine to save their Russian-speaking brothers".[450]

Edited by beastcat

here is the video of the Ilovaysk battalion and it's fate filmed by german TV team

What a nightmare.

Their driver should see if he can get a contract as a rally driver.

Enable subtitels if you don´t speak German!

We didn´t miss it, we didn´t want to post that on purpose because it is too violent for this forum.

As Tonci said the episodes 74 and 75 are against the rules of the forum, so that's why we didn't add them here ( although if you check, I recommended everyone to search them in Google ).

- - -

( Amnesty International ) Ukraine: Mounting evidence of war crimes and Russian involvement

Ukrainian militia and separatist forces are responsible for war crimes, Amnesty International said today. The organisation accused Russia of fuelling separatist crimes as it revealed satellite images indicating a build-up of Russian armour and artillery in eastern Ukraine.

Despite a fragile cease-fire, the situation on the ground remains fraught with danger and Amnesty International calls on all parties, including Russia, to stop violations of the laws of war.

Ukainian MOD official said Poland will give some hight-tech weapons to Ukraine, Polish MOD deny this statement and says it is misunderstanding what Ukrainian official said

Shaun Walker twitter:

Azov commander to me: "They shelling our posts constantly, we have dead & wounded. We didn't reply, now we will. Consider ceasefire over."

Edited by beastcat

Chechens fight on both sides - one are pro-Kadyrov, others are anti-Kadyrov

I did post a bigger article about Chechens who are enjoying asylum and exporting fighters to the Ukraine, maybe you have not seen it and you like to read more about it.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173470-Ukraine-General&p=2769846&viewfull=1#post2769846

I was talking more about the fact that russians have defected to Ukraine, but I have read your post. Chechens fighting is actually nothing new, they have been in Crimea and even now they make up a very big part of the separatists. The "Vostok Batallion" which was a GRU/Spetznaz batallion in Russia and was officially "disbanded" is one of the biggest groups (If not the biggest) fighting on the russian side and it consists almost entirely out of chechens, but there are also many chechens fighting in other batallions, who were mercenaries in Chechnya, Georgia and other conflicts as well.

I was talking more about the fact that russians have defected to Ukraine, but I have read your post. Chechens fighting is actually nothing new, they have been in Crimea and even now they make up a very big part of the separatists. The "Vostok Batallion" which was a GRU/Spetznaz batallion in Russia and was officially "disbanded" is one of the biggest groups (If not the biggest) fighting on the russian side and it consists almost entirely out of chechens, but there are also many chechens fighting in other batallions, who were mercenaries in Chechnya, Georgia and other conflicts as well.

Well hopefully they are not starting a bigger private "Caucasus War" in the Ukraine where Islamists joining aswell....because when you read the article you see why they want to join the fights and revenge is one of the major factors.

Well hopefully they are not starting a bigger private "Caucasus War" in the Ukraine where Islamists joining aswell....because when you read the article you see why they want to join the fights and revenge is one of the major factors.

Well, the chechens fighting on the russian side are mostly mercenaries, the ones fighting on the ukrainian side are mostly volunteers, but there are not enough chechens on the ukrainian side to make a real new "Caucasus War" a reality, especially because only one side fights for an idea. Maybe if ISIS attacks Russia, but that is super unlikely.

Well, the chechens fighting on the russian side are mostly mercenaries, the ones fighting on the ukrainian side are mostly volunteers, but there are not enough chechens on the ukrainian side to make a real new "Caucasus War" a reality. Maybe if ISIS attacks Russia, but that is super unlikely.

Since volunteers get paid aswell I would say they are mercenaries, mercanaries and volunteers are both not a regular army.

Since volunteers get paid aswell

A volunteer is called volunteer because he does something voluntarily, meaning he does not get money. Thats the definitition of a volunteer.