batto

Ukraine General

can anyone show difference between Tigr and SVD ?

Doesn't 730,000 sound kind of high? That would be almost the entirety of Donetsk.

---------- Post added at 21:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:05 ----------

can anyone show difference between Tigr and SVD ?

The Tigr has a 20 inch barrel, the SVD has a 24 inch barrel. That is the most obvious difference, the are probably more in the details, but that would take an expert.

BBC rebuffs Russian state complaint over Siberia march

We have no plans to remove this interview from our website.
Edited by beastcat

Doesn't 730,000 sound kind of high? That would be almost the entirety of Donetsk.

The combined population of Donetsk and Lugansk oblasts is over 6,000,000. Spread that out all over the frontline cities and seems reasonable. And Lugansk city is currently without power, water, garbage pickup or regular food and medicine deliveries.

The combined population of Donetsk and Lugansk oblasts is over 6,000,000. Spread that out all over the frontline cities and seems reasonable. And Lugansk city is currently without power, water, garbage pickup or regular food and medicine deliveries.

10525388_284211441762665_8576599997908918133_n.jpg

BuQ6DRUIcAABkQg.jpg

The separatist territory is pretty small and considering we have reports from everywhere, that civilians are struggling to get anywhere, it still sounds really high.

Wow, the driver has got some balls!

Edited by beastcat

meanwhile separatist claim that Poles, Czechs, Dutch are fighting against them, they have proof ... knife made in USA that they found

meanwhile separatist claim that Poles, Czechs, Dutch are fighting against them, they have proof ... knife made in USA that they found

I wouldnt wonder about it, those are most likely mercenaries just like that italian merc from a video posted here a while ago. Nothing unusual about it.

I have also heard reports of chechen mercs fighting on both sides. They dont fight for political issues, money is what counts.

Some people just want to fight for the sake of fighting, yeah there are such crazy people. I wonder though if they still want to fight after they've been through their first engagement.

Apparently the ukrainian army is using Abrams tanks, Apache helicopters and F22 Raptors, or at least thats what the rebels claim.

NATO says Russia could be poised to invade Ukraine

Russians struggle to find Crimea or even Ukraine on a map.

Edited by beastcat

mix of NKVD and Chrisian Taliban - and those guys dare to accuse Ukraine of fascism

(BBC) Putin orders retaliatory sanctions

Russian President Vladimir Putin has banned or curbed agricultural imports from countries imposing sanctions on Russia over the crisis in Ukraine.

(The Moscow Times) Russia Must Recognize Ukraine Rebels' Human Rights Abuses

During a news conference in Moscow last week, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov criticized laws-of-war violations by Ukrainian government forces, referring to a Human Rights Watch report I wrote about the government's unlawful use of unguided rockets in populated areas.
Edited by surpher

BBC real beacon of truth, keep believing the lies and propaganda guys,good one!

http://www.kremlin.ru/news/46404

You really are a laughing stock of international affairs, aren't you?

BBC probably lies and deliberately misleads to a lesser degree than any major media outlet in any country, ever. You're welcome to post some concrete falsehoods pertaining to Ukraine that have appeared in its coverage.

i know when lies and BS are shown as thruth to make it believable,and its not only BBC but all western media, but go ahead,believe all you read and see on TV,it will get you nowhere! only say this ; WTC building 7,they where telling their viewers it collapsed while you could see it still standing in the background! thats when they lost me and opend my eyes, hope you will to one day!

if you say that BBC lies, and if you would say that Russian media don't lie, than why for 60 years, Russian media were claiming that Katyn massacre was made by SS ? it is one example, last time when Polish plane had strange accident in 2010, they were claiming that there was drunk general on board who disrupted pilots, in body of said General there was no sign of alcohol found by forensic, also some media claimed that in Ukraine there are dozens of Polish howitzers Dana, etc.

do you believe that Russian media don't lie ? than why in such media they were calling about fascists all the time, while there is no signal of fascism crimes, opposite to proofs of pro-Russian crimes, do you believed Russian media when on Crimea they were saying there was no Russian troops and Crimea will not be anected ??? they were claiming it was all self defence with equipment bought in shop, so were there Russian troops on Crimea or not ? was Crimea anected or it is still Ukraine ?

Vilas i never say russian press is any better, they are not, but like RT will show news you will never see on western press,but they indeed wont say anything bad about their own goverment, its every where the same lies and propaganda,west east north or south. but why? their payed and or ordered to do so ,thats the prob. big bussines and big money every time, any time simple!

dont look at the source but the piece itself and determin for yourself the truth and search it up and see if its true or not,not difficult,use your mind insted of your eyes and ears!

dont look at the source but the piece itself and determin for yourself the truth and search it up and see if its true or not,not difficult,use your mind insted of your eyes and ears!

That's exactly what people posting links here are doing. You're not suppossed to read it as holy truth.

i know when lies and BS are shown as thruth to make it believable,and its not only BBC but all western media, but go ahead,believe all you read and see on TV,it will get you nowhere! only say this ; WTC building 7,they where telling their viewers it collapsed while you could see it still standing in the background! thats when they lost me and opend my eyes, hope you will to one day!

...because, err, maybe the video wasn't live? Every think of that, you eagle-eyed piercer of veils, the only true-seeing non-deluded visionary amongst us?

Again, you're welcome to point out any falsehoods that the BBC has propagated about the Ukrainian crisis.

While you're thinking, you can peruse this list of 80 lies told by the Russian media, as an example of what I'm looking for: http://www.examiner.com/list/russia-s-top-80-lies-about-ukraine

Putin, Merkel discuss Ukraine crisis

Personally i'd hope these talks resume and go on.

I don't understand that article.

The Russian president noted the importance of establishing a real political dialogue between Kiev's authorities and leaders of the protest regions.

Meanwhile he is using all the media under his command to create hate and spread lies, also providing the pro-Russians with more weapons and equipment. And not happy with that, he blames Kiev of the situation.

And then Putin says that political dialog is important? :j:

BTW I'm pretty sure that Merkel didn't use the word militia for the pro-Russian violent groups lead mostly by Russian citizens.

The chancellor urged Russia to influence the militia (forces of defenders in the Donetsk and Lugansk regions) to achieve an armistice in Ukraine, a German government official said.

I don't understand that article.

For sure i'm not a Putin sympathizer, his background is well known.

I can't really consider myself pro-russian, since i dislike Putin's regime.

That said credibility of the US/NATO side is about zero in my opinion.

Lies are being broadcasted on both sides.

Speaking of situation, what i actually see is Russia, not EU/US, being cornered.

Yet Putin is not escalating for now.

I see "pro-russian" losing ground, waiting for Russia to give decisive support.

So far this support is not coming.

I think an armistice and talks are needed.

Unless that happens, sooner or later Ukrainian army may move towards Crimea.

If / when that happens, things will really go out of control.

For everybody.

Edited by fabrizio_T

Unless that happens, sooner or later Ukrainian army may move towards Crimea.

If / when that happens, things will really go out of control.

For everybody.

Well, I don't see that scenario ( maybe it's just false hope ). I think the Ukrainian Army will take the rebel areas relatively soon ( a few months as much ), and later there may be some conflicts inside the actual Ukraine but not involving Crimea.

But to try to recover Crimea militarily would be really crazy and don't think anyone would vote for that in the Ukrainian Gov.

First because I don't think the Ukraine's Army can defeat the Russian one in a direct conflict without much support on the ground ( most of the Ukrainians that lived in Crimea had moved ). You can't just compare the capabilities.

And second I don't think any country would support Ukraine in that conflict, even if the Russia Military occupation of Crimea is illegal. But I don't think no country thinks its worth the costs.