batto

Ukraine General

(Mashable) Shrapnel Damage on Malaysia Plane Consistent With Missile Strike, Experts Say

"These images, and all the others I have seen showing shrapnel damage are consistent with a large high-explosive fragmentation SAM [surface-to-air missile] warhead exploding in close proximity to the airliner," says Justin Bronk, a military sciences research analyst with the Royal United Services Institute.

nice find indeed!

what is the last word about the 2 black boxes? the "evil" media says the mercs/terrorists have not given those the the osce representatives, they are keeping them for unkown reasons: did i miss something today?

nice find indeed!

what is the last word about the 2 black boxes? the "evil" media says the mercs/terrorists have not given those the the osce representatives, they are keeping them for unkown reasons: did i miss something today?

They've been handed over to the Malaysian authorities.

Yeah, i meant to really step in. EU is so weak, it's time for Germany, which has some influence in Russia and is the leading power in EU, to play a role.

But you can't turn the gas off, can you?

I don't mean to sound hysterical, but a few posts back I asked "Is it 1938 yet?" and I mean it. It's a shame that the European powers find themselves as powerless today as they did in the late thirties, each time saying "Well, okay, but only if you stop after this one." To be honest, the WORLD, everyone, needs to really respond. Stop buying Russian gas. Heavier sanctions on Russian firms. Western companies dropping their Russian contacts and interests. If we REALLY wanted to get into it- Expelling Russian diplomats. Expelling Russia from the UN Security Council... Putin's Russia doesn't want to be a part of the international community, does it?

Of course. There's always the possibility that without force backing it, that anything the western world says is moot. What really changed since 1991? Or the thirties even?

@lesscubes: Most likely people are scared to piss off a guy with that kind of nuclear might because he seems to have that "fuck it" attitude and thats a very dangerous mix.

@lesscubes: Most likely people are scared to piss off a guy with that kind of nuclear might because he seems to have that "fuck it" attitude and thats a very dangerous mix.

If he's that crazy then it's probably too late.

MAD always applies.

it has nothing to any scare - it is business, for western european industry corporations Russia is big market and client ,

BBC live feed :

Parts of the plane wreckage have been changed since OSCE officials at the site last saw it, spokesman Michael Bociurkiw tells BBC World Update. Large pieces of the plane have been cut into, he says.

Why ?

Why ?

Most likely to cut out parts where shrapnel has hit... That or someone made himself a crude souvenir.

BBC live feed :

Why ?

I'm not surprised!

We have had a similar thing. Back in 2010 in Smolensk they "took care" of the the plane hull as well. Cutting into parts and smashed some windows too. Bodies were robbed from valuables as well and there were some "body play" and funny photos that leaked from morgue.

Here' a popular pictoure showing someone wearing uniform smashing windows in presidential airplane. For what sake, he was doing that? No one could answer this question. Still image comes from a news reel that journalists have taken, available on youtube.

http://wolnapolska.pl/images/stories/remote/http--static2.wpolityce.pl-site_media-pictures-2010-09-22-knyfclg.jpg

After particles of explosive materials on hull have been discovered in 2012. Russians washed the whole plane and decided to refurbish by paining it. Everyone was shocked by the quality of a job they pulled. Brand new paint even some new and clean windows replaced. Enjoy your wreck Poland.

Prior to that, wreck spent two winters uncovered and mixed cycles of rain, snow and sun did the rest of the job. We have mid 2014 and there is no sign that wreck will be moved to Poland for another investigation.

http://grafik.rp.pl/grafika2/923332,9.jpg

Good luck Holland we have been through this but without any international support...

Edited by Sudayev

Most likely to cut out parts where shrapnel has hit... That or someone made himself a crude souvenir.

I've seen in other occasions that some people find it "cool" to take that kind of souvenirs. But could also be to hide some impact points, to make it difficult to identify what missile was used.

BBC speculates that cuts were made in the fuselage in order to recover bodies, given that the pieces in question were the nose and tail.

An article written by experts of the matter.

And apparently commented on by very sound and understanding people...

( Vice News ) Brawl Breaks out in Ukrainian Parliament

Footage shows a brawl between oppositional Ukrainian party members in parliament today. The fight was between members of the nationalist Svoboda [Freedom] party and the Party of Regions, the pro-Russia party of former president Viktor Yanukovich. The fighting broke out after parliamentary members voted to draw up military reserves to protect Ukraine's border with Russia and one parliamentary member accused an opposition politician that his party "kills its citizens."

That makes sense, that Russia issue new laws against separatism...

That's why Russia has been so hard with the pro-Russian separatists in Eastern Ukraine, wait... no... Russia was the main supporter... :confused:

( Radio Liberty ) Putin Increases Penalties For 'Illegal' Street Rallies

Russian President Vladimir Putin signed several laws on July 22, increasing liability for separatism and violation of regulations for holding rallies.

The Kremlin's website said on July 22 that the new penalty for separatist calls will be a fine of between 10,000 and 30,000 rubles ($285 and $855).

The maximum punishment for the felony will be imprisonment of up to four years.

Previous legislation had a penalty of three years in jail.

Publicly calling for separatism on the Internet, or by using online resources, will be punished by up to 480 hours of community service and a maximum of five years in jail.

There was previously no punishment for online calls for separatism.

The Kremlin's unrecognized annexation of Crimea from Ukraine in March has sparked numerous critical articles that were published on the Internet.

After all, if Crimea inherently belongs to Russia, I shudder to think of Germany's claim to Kaliningrad...

That makes sense, that Russia issue new laws against separatism...

That's why Russia has been so hard with the pro-Russian separatists in Eastern Ukraine, wait... no... Russia was the main supporter... :confused:

( Radio Liberty ) Putin Increases Penalties For 'Illegal' Street Rallies

Oh yeah evil russian laws again. Lets see what our democratic laws in Germany tell about separatism.

http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/stgb/__82.html

(1) Wer es unternimmt, mit Gewalt oder durch Drohung mit Gewalt

das Gebiet eines Landes ganz oder zum Teil einem anderen Land der Bundesrepublik Deutschland einzuverleiben oder einen Teil eines Landes von diesem abzutrennen oder

die auf der Verfassung eines Landes beruhende verfassungsmäßige Ordnung zu ändern,

wird mit Freiheitsstrafe von einem Jahr bis zu zehn Jahren bestraft.

(2) In minder schweren Fällen ist die Strafe Freiheitsstrafe von sechs Monaten bis zu fünf Jahren.

Kind of Translation: If you want to declare a part of Germany as your own, or want to take that part away from Germany or want to change the constitutional order with use of force, or threatening to use force, you will go to jail for 1 till 10 years. In less severe cases it is 6 months till 5 years.

I mean you may go for up to 4 years in Russia and for up to 10 years in Germany into jail for the same crime. Russia totally evil.

Of course we cant compare russian and german jails, here the people go to jail like on vacation.

(Washington Post) : Air Force general: U.S. isn’t bluffing on evidence in shootdown of Malaysian jet

“It looks like an act of desperation,†Shelton said of demands from Russian military leaders that Washington make public any satellite imagery it collected from eastern Ukraine around the time of the aviation disaster. “I will say this about our satellites: They are very good satellites. They are very sensitive and they are very accurate