batto

Ukraine General

Yep, that is a Vasilek. Nasty Thing. One of those equals a whole batery of normal mortars.

(The XX Committee) The Fate of Ukraine

Events this week may finally wake up Kyiv to the reality it is facing. Ukraine is at war with Russia. It has been so for many months, as was obvious some time ago to those with eyes wanting to see. Ukraine’s government has not been in that group, and as military reverses mounted, hiding from painful facts has continued. In their own way, Kyiv mouthpieces have been nearly as dishonest in their depictions of the Russo-Ukrainian War as the Kremlin.

Well it would make sense. But then this guy reports numbers that are not true. He speaks of 40 Billion Euros that the German industry has lost due to the sanctions (repeating what the Russian press is saying), just this morning I heard on the news that Germany lost "only" 6 billion. I´m not sure how credible he is.

@Beastcat Really hard to tell what kind of tank that is with that resolution. Do we have someone who can identify it by engine noise?

When he is mentioning the amount he talks about the exonomical exchange between Russia and Germany and the results of the sanctions. He does not talk about Germany only. Thats how I understand it. The guy, Michael Lueders, is actually well known on TV.

The whole interview is really interesting, wished there would be english subtitles.

Edited by oxmox

When he is mentioning the amount he talks about the exonomical exchange between Russia and Germany and the results of the sanctions. He does not talk about Germany only. Thats how I understand it. The guy, Michael Lueders, is actually well known on TV.

The whole interview is really interesting, wished there would be english subtitles.

Oh OK, that makes sense, so Germany and Russia together lost 40 billion. That means that Russia has lost 34 billion from it´s trade with Germany alone, assuming the numbers are correct. Does Russia really import that much to Germany?

Oh OK, that makes sense, so Germany and Russia together lost 40 billion. That means that Russia has lost 34 billion from it´s trade with Germany alone, assuming the numbers are correct. Does Russia really import that much to Germany?

Look, I cant say if the numbers are correct or if there are really US mercenaries in the Ukraine, I just watch the report like everyone else. =)

Russia is the biggest economical partner for the whole EU inside Europe.

edit:

Some numbers about the trade with Russia and Germany from bmWi (Federal Ministry for Economics and Energy):

2012 wurde beim Handelsvolumen der Rekordwert von 80,5 Mrd. Euro erreicht

(In 2012 the trade volume between Russia and Germany was 80,5 billion Euro, an all time high)

2013 - Dabei betrugen die Exporte aus Russland nach Deutschland 40,14 Mrd. Euro - die deutschen Exporte nach Russland beliefen sich auf 36,1 Mrd. Euro. (In 2013 the exports from Russia to Germany were around 40,14 billion Euro, the exports from Germany to Russia around 36,1 billion Euro)

http://www.bmwi.de/DE/Themen/Aussenwirtschaft/laenderinformationen,did=316538.html

Edited by oxmox

Battle for new terminal at the donetsk airport,

Propaganda piece or good documentary? Oh why am I even asking...

Propaganda piece or good documentary? Oh why am I even asking...

Watched the first 15 minutes and the trailor for it in the last days, good video quality overall and they just let people speak without comments from the film maker.

I wonder why you dont see much from the ukrainian military in general, do they have restrictions when it comes to filming ? I mean when you look for videos about the frontline, a lot of it is from the view of the seperatists. You will find in general lots of propganda on both sides when it comes to news or videos, thats for sure. I suggest to not just easily trust both sides.

Conflict Report - Hard evidence, the regular Russian army invades Ukraine

I guess its nothing new, but it just shows that russia has completely given up giving a shit.

All you see is equipment, which isnt really new and it should be clear by now for everyone that Russia is supporting the seperatists with military gear. Otherwise from where would they get all the equipment. Tourists in form of volunteers - real volunteers and maybe russian troops under the disguise of volunteers - but official regular combat troops....mmh.

If there would be real official regular combat troops in the Ukraine we would rather see an open war between two nations.

Edited by oxmox

@Tonic ; propaganda no,really ;) it might be but its just great footage of the battle,and if you wanna see more go check out the translator his channel on you tube its all DPR footage of fighting around the airport and other military actions,but its good footage you wont see often

@Oxmox;you can see their bullets and arty do that count? and ofcource you wont see the enemy, like the camera guys puth up a white flag and go ask the other side if its ok to come film their side, but i am not sure who filmed it,prob go pro's on helmets or one of the few journalist that where with them from the beginning.

Its just good footage of a battle you would only hear of without seeing,knowing what happend there, you wont see this stuff in your MSM propagandist media in the west.

Watched the first 15 minutes and the trailor for it in the last days, good video quality overall and they just let people speak without comments from the film maker.

I wonder why you dont see much from the ukrainian military in general, do they have restrictions when it comes to filming ? I mean when you look for videos about the frontline, a lot of it is from the view of the seperatists. You will find in general lots of propganda on both sides when it comes to news or videos, thats for sure. I would not suggest to trust both.

If you want to see footage of Ukrainian soldiers just telling their view at the front without commentary look up Hromadske TV, they have some translated stuff, but most is sadly in Ukrainian and Russian.

Remember the T-80U tanks we 'identified'? The OSCE confirmed they arrived in Ukraine

A convoy of ten unmarked T-80 tanks was seen by the SMM travelling west on highway H-21 in Zuhres (36km east of Donetsk, “DPRâ€-controlled).

Radio Liberty - Auschwitz Ceremony Lays Bare Russian Tension With Europe

On the eve of international commemorations to mark the liberation of Auschwitz, the normally somber event has been overshadowed by an escalating dispute over the history of the Nazi death camp's liberation.

On January 27, 1945, soldiers of the 100th and 107th Soviet rifle divisions freed the prisoners of Auschwitz. The soldiers were members of what was known as the Ukrainian Front -- a geographic military designation rather than a name reflecting the force’s national composition.

But a senior official in Kyiv is now crediting Ukrainian soldiers for shouldering most of the work of liberating inmates at the camp, echoing earlier statements by Poland’s foreign minister that have enraged Russia.

"Ukrainians made up the majority of those who freed Auschwitz -- the Ukrainian Front," Valeriy Chaliy, deputy head of Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko’s administration, told a January 23 press briefing.

Ukrainians also played the most significant role in liberating other concentration camps and "Europe overall," Chaliy added.

*facepalm*

The separatists rushed to their offensive a bit to quickly

Edited by beastcat

@Tonic ; propaganda no,really ;) it might be but its just great footage of the battle,and if you wanna see more go check out the translator his channel on you tube its all DPR footage of fighting around the airport and other military actions,but its good footage you wont see often

@Oxmox;you can see their bullets and arty do that count? and ofcource you wont see the enemy, like the camera guys puth up a white flag and go ask the other side if its ok to come film their side, but i am not sure who filmed it,prob go pro's on helmets or one of the few journalist that where with them from the beginning.

Its just good footage of a battle you would only hear of without seeing,knowing what happend there, you wont see this stuff in your MSM propagandist media in the west.

Fine, I´ll watch it :rolleyes:

I wonder why you dont see much from the ukrainian military in general, do they have restrictions when it comes to filming ? I mean when you look for videos about the frontline, a lot of it is from the view of the seperatists. You will find in general lots of propganda on both sides when it comes to news or videos, thats for sure. I suggest to not just easily trust both sides.

I saw quite a bit of Ukrainian soldiers from the Russian Roulette series by Vice News. Maybe you should check that out. Shame that they have pretty much stopped covering this.

B8GZAmVIIAEG34K.jpg

B8Gb-wECAAAnvVr.jpg

B8GXfIFIMAAkVzx.jpg

B8G-Ah1CAAEzpO3.jpg

The russians renewed their shelling of Mariupol

11 people killed, one of them a soldier and 50+ wounded in the first wave of shelling.

http://youtu.be/9OIeGG32y1s

Now they are shelling the city a second time for today.

Edited by beastcat

What forces do the Ukrainians have In Mariupol besides the National Guard and Azov Battalion?

So Putin says that nowadays escalation is due to a big Ukrainian offensive; while the Pro-Russian Donetsk leader says that they will lead an offensive before the Ukrainian Army does anything.

As it's been usual, Putin words don't make any sense.

( Al Jazeera ) Putin says Ukraine ordered new offensive against rebels

Russian President Vladimir Putin has accused Ukraine's government of ordering a major new offensive against pro-Russian rebels in the separatist east, in spite of the latest ceasefire agreement.
On Friday, a rebel leader in the 'Donetsk People's Republic' (DPR) said that the separatists would reject truce talks and go on to take over the entire Donetsk region - half of which is currently controlled by Ukrainian authorities.

"So we made the decision not to wait until the Ukrainian army starts an offensive and not allow them to make battle formations ... [or] allow them to harm us in any way," said Alexander Zakharchenko, a rebel leader of the DPR group.

As it's been usual, Putin words don't make any sense.

As usual, important, so they make sense in the picture painted in the minds of Russians. What abroad people will think doesn't matter really.

How weak we are, the people of internet and mass-media era, an age of rapid information flow, when comes to determine the truth, even in single, supposedly so simple to check and so hard to deny thing. So many months passed, so many people died, yet we are arguing on some proofs or counter proofs, as if any evidences had any meaning here (they really don't), while so many stay lied so easily and effective by so few. Absurdal and so human.

Edited by Rydygier

B8JJVNvIMAI_s6y.jpg

This photo is supposedly from Shakhtersk, Ukraine

Skip to 3:00

Edited by beastcat

Yeah there were also photos of a TOR supposedly sighted somewhere in eastern Ukraine.

The problem with those photos is that there are no roadsigns or similar stuff to properly say if its really in Ukraine.

Moreover its kind of an overkill to send in the most modern stuff against more or less non existant air force.

On the other hand russians might be wanting to test their new toys in real combat situation.

Or that would mean a full scale invasion, but that doesnt make sense if Putin wants another frozen conflict like Transnistria, Abkhasia or South Ossetia.

The recent offer to create a free trade zone with Russia by Merkel preceeding the separatist offensive however might now look like a last attempt to influence Russia since sanctions didnt worked at all should that TOR and Pantsir sightings are true and really mean a russian invasion.